Next Thread
Print Thread
#836259 12/31/13 12:56 AM
S
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
S
Always fun to see who we will be playing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-team-team-opponents-204236873--nfl.html

Cleveland Browns
Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Buffalo Bills, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers

Legend
Legend
Better be a 10 win season.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
If there was ever a season where I could easily make every game, this would be the one, but it won't happen.

Looks like a full year as it is...the games against Atlanta and Nashville will be included to the schedule of home games I plan to attend. Now it's a matter of waiting for the schedule dates to be announced in April tp see how it all lines up on a calendar.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This organization, as it stands right now, will be lucky to win against Oakland and Tampa Bay. And those two are certainly not sure wins.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This team wouldn't beat some college teams at this point. Not sure why anyone would think any NFL game is a sure win.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

This team wouldn't beat some college teams at this point. Not sure why anyone would think any NFL game is a sure win.

But Josh McDaniels and Johnny Football will turn it all around! Magically! Over night!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

But Josh McDaniels and Johnny Football will turn it all around! Magically! Over night!

in all seriousness, if we end up with those 2....ugh.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I might make the Nasville and Atlanta games because it's 4 hours from the house for both.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But these two brilliant moves by the Stooges would firmly integrate "hope" as a strategy.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I was hoping the browns would come back down to Houston next year... Oh well...

<><

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
This is like the first year ever not opening at home?

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I thought they didn't set the final dates/times/order until something like June?

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
R
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
R
They don't. I deleted that post because it was just a guess as to what the schedule would look like and was going to cause more confusion than anything.

The schedule has not been set and won't be until this Spring. We just know who our opponents are, not when we play them.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Cleveland Browns
Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Buffalo Bills, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers

This is the time of year when someone looks at this and then posts about what a tough schedule we have and we shouldn't have a tough schedule because we finished last. The pre-emptive comment to that post is a reminder that where a team finishes in its division affects a whopping 12.5% of the schedule ... 2 whole games.

In any season:

We play the other 3 teams in the AFCN twice. That's 6 games.
We play each team in one of the other AFC divisions on a rotating basis. That's 4 games.
We play each team in one of the NFC divisions on a rotating basis. That's 4 games.

That leaves two games. Since we play the AFCS this upcoming season, and we finished 4th in our division, we play the 4th place teams in the other two AFC divisions (Oakland in the west and Buffalo in the east).

Fact is, we can figure out 14 of our opponents in any future year as long as the league doesn't change the scheme.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

This organization, as it stands right now, will be lucky to win against Oakland and Tampa Bay. And those two are certainly not sure wins.

I am by no means a homer w the way things are, but we do have several teams that were favored to win their divisions & make the Super Bowl finishing w losing records. One w the first pick in the draft.

Long story short: its too early to tell how good our opponents will be.

Of course we feel like we KNOW what we have in our team.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I am by no means a homer w things are, but we do have several teams that were favored to win their divisions & make the Super Bowl finishing w losing records. One w the first pick in the draft.

i remember at the beginning of the season a bunch of posters, including myself, were saying how jacksonville and ny jets were a sure win.

yea....

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am by no means a homer w things are, but we do have several teams that were favored to win their divisions & make the Super Bowl finishing w losing records. One w the first pick in the draft.

i remember at the beginning of the season a bunch of posters, including myself, were saying how jacksonville and ny jets were a sure win.

yea....

That's the problem with "projecting" this years results to next years results. It's fool hardy.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

yea....

That's the problem with "projecting" this years results to next years results. It's fool hardy.

pretty much. we just need to focus on putting a team on the field that can compete for a full 60 minutes.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Cleveland Browns

This was already set in stone years ago. The schedules are revolving.

There are the 6 divisional games.

There is one interconference division that is played (AFCE, AFCS, or AFCW) and one intraconference division that is played (NFCE, NFCN, NFCS, or NFCW). Those add up to 8 additional games.

Then the final two games are against the interconference divisional opponents that were in the same position in their divisions. For the Browns, it is usually the bottom dwellers of the other AFC divisions.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

In all seriousness, if we end up with EITHER of those two... ugh!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I am by no means a homer w the way things are, but we do have several teams that were favored to win their divisions & make the Super Bowl finishing w losing records. One w the first pick in the draft.

Battered fan syndrome tells me next year will somehow be worse than this year.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
That's what I'm feeling as well.

Maybe Winston steps it up a notch this year and we get our QB next year? It's hard for me to imagine we'll be picking outside the top 5 next year. Of course, there's no way to predict how the dust will settle. There ain't even dust yet.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My group will absolutely be attending the Nashville game.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I might make the Nasville and Atlanta games because it's 4 hours from the house for both.

I know some regulars will probably go....especially Nashville. Start making your plans once the dates are announced. A few of us were still hanging at Tootsies at 2:30 am....

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2014 Opponents Announced

Link Copied to Clipboard