Dawg Talker
R
Don't let the door hit you, Brandon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...ign=Twitter_atl

Brandon Weeden wants out of Cleveland

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: Feb. 11, 2014 at 08:09 p.m.

Now that CEO Joe Banner and general manager Michael Lombari have been shoved out the door, the next to leave the Cleveland Browns might be 2013 opening day quarterback Brandon Weeden.

Two sources close to Weeden have told NFL Media columnist Michael Silver that the 2012 first-round draft pick is ready for a change of scenery.

"Given the turmoil with the coaching staff and lack of public support from the most recent front office," Silver was told, "he's interested in a fresh start, with a clean slate and an opportunity to compete to show he has the talent to develop into a productive player in the league."

It's debatable whether Weeden would have developed into a solid NFL starter had the coaching staff and front office that drafted him remained in place.

Now on his third head coach, offensive coordinator and general manager in less than two calendar years, though, it's understandable that Weeden would reach the conclusion that his best chance at NFL success lies in a different locale.

Silver suggested the Cardinals, Texans and Buccaneers as potential landing spots for Weeden.

The 2013 game film shows a 30-year-old quarterback still struggling with pocket movement, field vision, decision making, touch and ball placement.

Assuming the Browns are amendable to trading Weeden, they will have a hard time finding a suitor willing to part with a late-round draft pick.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
he's garbage. who really wants brandon weeden?

U
All Pro
All Pro
U
Good bye and good riddance.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It's nice when we can agree.. I want him out of Cleveland too.

it's a win/win.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
M
Legend
Legend
M
It would not surprise me if other players want out of Cleveland as well. This place is a mess right now.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If we can get anything for him I would be amazed. A 6th round pick?

Joe Thomas #73
T
Legend
Legend
T
To look at this from a pro-Weeden knows how to play argument, at least everytime they replaced him as the starter, the replacement got hurt and they went right back to Weeden as the man to help you win.
I think he has showed some improvement and deserves at least to be in the mix. Not a cast off like the sentiments of most of this board.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Geezz, didnt we already cut the guy? lol

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

It would not surprise me if other players want out of Cleveland as well. This place is a mess right now.

it would not surprise me that more would be willing stay today than were yesterday.

If they want out then I would see if I could oblige them.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

A bag of Fritos?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

It's debatable whether Weeden would have developed into a solid NFL starter had the coaching staff and front office that drafted him remained in place.

It is not debatable.

Glad to hear our new FO doesn't want him.

Man, three new head coaches, coordinators, and front offices in a bit more than a year.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Then we can draft the best kicker available.

I think BW gets his wish one way or another.

Players may want out or maybe Pettine wins guys over.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
How is this news? Weeden has been as good as cut since mid-season.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Haha Brandon, no other team will want you. You're veteran age without the talent and/or skill.

One thing is fact, Cleveland wants you outta it Weeden. One would only hope you get your wish, because there is always a need for a burger flipper...

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Quote:

Haha Brandon, no other team will want you. You're veteran age without the talent and/or skill.

One thing is fact, Cleveland wants you outta it Weeden. One would only hope you get your wish, because there is always a need for a burger flipper...

Nahhh he has to have a few doctorates at his age.

Legend
Legend
1st let me say Brandon failed in Cleveland. How ever it was not from a lack of effort. The kid busted his ass and tried his best. He really wanted to succeed and he really did care about the fans. However he just did not have the God given talents to process things fast enough at the line of scrimmage. He is by no means dumb how ever that extra one half to one second to process things makes all the difference in the world. Good luck buddy but just like 99/9 percent of the rest of us your just not cut out to be a NFL QB

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
This shouldn't be tough to arrange. See if you can sell him for a pick before draft day. If you can't see if you can unload him for a conditional 2015 pick on draft day. If that fails, keep him, around as an extra arm in camp until you're sure you don't need another arm to burn out, then cut him loose.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

1st let me say Brandon failed in Cleveland. How ever it was not from a lack of effort. The kid busted his ass and tried his best. He really wanted to succeed and he really did care about the fans. However he just did not have the God given talents to process things fast enough at the line of scrimmage. He is by no means dumb how ever that extra one half to one second to process things makes all the difference in the world. Good luck buddy but just like 99/9 percent of the rest of us your just not cut out to be a NFL QB

the most truthful post I have ever seen written about Weeden.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Weeden wants out of Cleveland

Wow...I didn't...just didn't see that one coming...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
All Pro
All Pro
REF! Someone is going to need to archive this post as one of the few where there will be no arguments......We can call it...
"The official we all shared a similar opinion on one subject thread".

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

He is by no means dumb how ever that extra one half to one second to process things makes all the difference in the world.

A nice way to say football-dumb.

Wasn't his fault we picked him. Wasn't the Browns fault he couldn't keep the snide out of his voice.

And in the immortal words of the wisest of prophets...Those who are responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have just been sacked...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Legend
Legend
Please stay away from houston... Maybe try canada....

<><

#gmstrong
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

The 2013 game film shows a 30-year-old quarterback still struggling with pocket movement, field vision, decision making, touch and ball placement.

Other than this he's got skills?

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
C
Legend
Legend
C
If Farmer gets anything for Weeden he is immediately the best GM we have had since 1999.

Legend
Legend
I have nothing against Weeden, he excelled in college, got drafted by the Browns, never seemed to develop... by all accounts he tried, hard to dislike a guy just because he's not as good as you wish he was or because he was overdrafted, which is outside of his control....

That said, he can talk about turmoil and whatever else he wants to talk about, he wants out because he knows, at best, he will start next season as #3 on the depth chart and he realizes he has a very small window, due to his age, to prove that he even has a spot in this league as a back-up, so he wants to go somewhere that he can prove it...

I wish him the best.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
Quinn for Hillis AND PICKS...

But I understand what you're saying.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Ironically it has been posted that Mack seems more interested in staying now...

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Just for the hilarity of it...

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:

Just for the hilarity of it...

Just another example of his pathetic field vision lol

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I agree with that. I think that he tried, but unfortunately, failed. It happens. Unfortunately, it happens to us a lot.

I do think that the Browns might be able to negotiate away some of his guarantee in exchange for an early exit, as opposed to him sitting through camp and trying to find a job late.

I really can't blame any player who would want out though. Let's face it, this place has become a circus in the past few years. Hire Holmgren, Fire Mangini, Hire Shurmur, Fire Holmgren, Fire Shurmur, Hire Banner, Hire Lombardi, Hire Chud, Fire Chud, Hire Pettine, Promote Farmer, Fire Banner, Fire Lombardi ........

That's just what ... 2010 to 2014?

Weeden is a guy who really, desperately, needed continuity if he was to have any chance of making it as a pro QB. He needed to be able to immerse himself in one offense, and learn it inside out. Instead, he had to learn the WCO, then the Norv Turner offense, and now the Shanahan version of the WCO.

No wonder he wants out. This team is a continuous example of discontinuity.

Man I hope that the latest reboot actually works. I really don't want to see us become an even larger laughing stock.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Brandon Weeden wants out of Cleveland?!? Talk about trying to beat someone else to the punch!

Well, Brandon, there's the door. GOODBYE.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Im sure there are a few people that will help him pack and load the truck...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

the most truthful post I have ever seen written about Weeden.

Agreed. No need to be vicious when the guy tried his best. It just didn't work out for him....or for us.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

Let's hope that is the case.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Yeah, our posters have a really high success rate in such matters.

Back to Weeden: I'm not really buying the sympathetic posts. The guy made some really stupid comments and never really was accountable. He would say things like: "Don't get hurt." when asked what he learned by watching Hoyer and he threw Shurmur under the bus for a play call late in the game.

I don't think the changes in the coaching staff were the reason he failed. In fact, most of you said he would prosper under Norv. He failed because he is football dumb, has poor pocket presence, and is inaccurate when pressured.

I bet the same guys who liked Weeden are the same guys who don't want Manziel or Teddy and would be happy if drafted Carr or Mettenberger.

Legend
Legend
He tried, he failed. Perhaps he's a great guy, but I don't know about that. What I do know is we need(ed) a great QB. Good luck in the future...

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Quote:

A bag of Fritos?

Well, we're not getting a ham sammich for him that's for sure.

He was a busted pick and a failed experiment. Time to let him move on to greener pastures. I'd give him permission to seek a trade.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Could he pitch for the Indians?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Good post. If he had just been smart enough to get rid of the ball sooner, he might have survived and even thrived, but that was something he just could not, for some strange reason, process. How many here sat at home screaming, "Throw the damn ball!" just about every time he dropped back to pass? Raise your hands.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
He aint moving fast enough! Ill help pack!

[Linked Image from i442.photobucket.com]
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Weeden wants out of Cleveland

Link Copied to Clipboard