Print Thread
N
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
N
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/good-spo...ampionship-loss

Quote:

A high school wrestler's amazing gesture after a loss in the state championship match brought tears to the eyes of many spectators, and it's not hard to see why.

After falling to Mitchell McKee in Minnesota's 120-pound class, Malik Stewart went over and embraced McKee's father, Steve, who is battling terminal cancer.

"I got a little teary because I lost the match, and I knew the hard times he was going through," Stewart told KARE 11. "The crowd went wild and I heard a couple people say after I did it -- that was pretty classy -- but I just did it straight from the heart."

As it turns out, Stewart can relate to what Mitchell McKee is going through. Stewart's father suffered a heart attack and died when Stewart was 7.

"It was a big match for him and to be able to hug my dad like that and not be mad and storm off like a lot of kids do," McKee said. "Really respectful."

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

N
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
N
yep, always great to see guys still have sportsmanship and actually care about their fellow man. my favorite part of that one is that the kid misses his first 2 attempts and the kids from the other team help rebound and feed him more shots. great stuff.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Saw the wrestler story the other day... gives you hope for humanity doesn't it?

yebat' Putin
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Wrestler loses state title, wins at life

Link Copied to Clipboard