Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Ross Jones ‏@RossJonesFOX 1m
Browns agree to terms with CB Isaiah Trufant, per his agent @DHendrickson41. Played last four seasons with Jets.

Link

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
C
Legend
Legend
C
It looks like we have our new fourth corner who is going to be crispy by the end of the season.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Browns still in the game with Revis too..

C
Legend
Legend
C
It looks like you need another crying T.O. to your signature.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
lol.. yea.. i just thought about it when I made this post.. so sad.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Browns still in the game with Revis too..

Where did you hear this....from everything I read it seems the Browns are out and Revis will be cut. Without a trade I don't see Revis coming to Cleveland.m

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Seems like a special teams/dime guy. Well, you build a roster top down and bottom up ..... and this seems like a bottom up move.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Exactly. Is he better than the last 1-2 corners who made last years roster? If so, good move IMO.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
All Pro
All Pro
Your correct, it is sad to say he is an upgrade.

GO BROWNS!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Cleveland Browns apparently have no interest in slowing down on the free agent market.

After agreeing to four-year contracts with linebacker Karlos Dansby and safety Donte Whitner on Tuesday, the Browns have added some help to their secondary.

According to his agent, Doug Hendrickson, former New York Jets cornerback Isaiah Trufant has agreed to terms on a deal with the Browns.

Trufant built himself into a valued special teams player and reserve defensive back over the last four seasons with the Jets.

It’s been a long road for Trufant, who began his career with the Spokane Shock in the lower tier of the Arena Football League in 2006. After playing for three teams in five seasons in the AFL, Trufant played two years with the Las Vegas Locomotives of the United Football League before finally getting his chance to latch on with the Jets in 2010.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/12/agent-isaiah-trufant-agrees-to-deal-with-browns/

Could be more of a "Hey, this guy knows our system" type thing more than a "just in case we don't get Revis" scenario.

Last edited by TTTDawg; 03/12/14 05:52 AM.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
The Name we have all clamored for. Welcome aboard. But is this guy a legitimate starter? Hope it is a surprising upgrade.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I'd say that he is probably more of a Nickle/Dime package type back and special teamer. Not someone that is upgrading our starting lineup.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
j/k

We'd be stupied to trade for Revis, Bucs are gonna cut him and his 16 mil a year contract, why give up draft pick and take on a 16 mil contract when you can wait let the bucs cut him and than contact his agent and see whats the going price, sure we might get out bidded he might sign elsware but it's alot better than giving up draft picks and 16 mil a year,

were not a Revis away from the super bowl, if all we needed was Revis to take up to the super bowl, I'd be yelling to make the trade for a year, but were not 16 mil can go alone way in plugging holes,

sign Revis for 8 - 10 mil a year we save draft picks and 6 - 8 mil

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

j/k

We'd be stupied to trade for Revis, Bucs are gonna cut him and his 16 mil a year contract, why give up draft pick and take on a 16 mil contract when you can wait let the bucs cut him and than contact his agent and see whats the going price, sure we might get out bidded he might sign elsware but it's alot better than giving up draft picks and 16 mil a year,

were not a Revis away from the super bowl, if all we needed was Revis to take up to the super bowl, I'd be yelling to make the trade for a year, but were not 16 mil can go alone way in plugging holes,

sign Revis for 8 - 10 mil a year we save draft picks and 6 - 8 mil

The reason being, Revis can't choose the team he goes to if he's traded. If he's cut, I'm sure he prefers to go to a team with a better chance at winning.

From the reports, it looks as though the Browns would have only traded for him if his contract was restructured/took a pay cut. I agree $16M is a bit large, especially when you have another CB ready to get a big pay day himself.....no point at setting the precedence that high IMO.

Tackles are tackles.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Sam Shields is making ~10 mil per year. Revis would cost at least 12 mil.

E
Legend
Legend
E
exactly it was moves like this that were missing last season for our coaching staff to utilize. I thought we had decent starting CBs and Owens was ok and he was as 2nd tier no talent as you can get...maybe similar to this move. We relied too much on released players, practice squad steals and UDFA signings for our depth. Which I didn't mind and understood it was to benefit our Long Term plans to grow and develop in house talent.

Until Chud was fired that is when it bothered me. Cause there was a definite miss connect between HC and GM - Chud was fired for not putting out a winning product Short Term and yet all the moves made were for development and Long term.

I see more 2nd tier depth coming in. Not old guys but this is a CB that Pettine coached. He knows his upside and weaknesses.

If released Revis might look to come here cause his great years came with Pettine as his DC so I don't think he'll come in with a NO WAY attitude. Not saying we will pursue or not...just saying if we wanted it, I don't see why we wouldn't be in the running.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

... and this seems like a bottom up move.

A move we browns fans are all to familiar with and I dont mean the roster

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I think if revis is cut, he would love to come play here. He is a quiet guy who is not a team leader. Joe is already a team leader but is humble enough to give revis the respect revis is due instead of having insecurity issues. You could see revis and joe each making 12 mil a year and it would be totally worth it as they use revis as a standard to pay joe. Revis could finish his career here and possibly help to make one of the most feared defenses in the league.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

The Name we have all clamored for. Welcome aboard. But is this guy a legitimate starter? Hope it is a surprising upgrade.

As Pit pointed out about Grossman knowing the Shannahan O, this guy knows the Pettine D.

Coaches can work with players only so many hours a week. There is no such requirement with players. This guy can be talking coverage schemes with the others in the backfield when the coaching staff can't.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Chud was fired for not putting out a winning product Short Term and yet all the moves made were for development and Long term.

that's the biggest single problem I had with the firing of Chud.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Revis & Haden ... The Hawaiian Islands (as in Pro Bowl)

It's a tough call on whether or not to trade for him. If you make the trade, you ensure that you get him. If you don't, you enter into the bidding war, and he may prefer to go elsewhere for the same amount you want to offer.... big risk in losing out on him

Like folks say with QB... if he's your guy - go get him.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Revis & Haden ... The Hawaiian Islands (as in Pro Bowl)

I was thinking the same thing last night.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:

Quote:

As Pit pointed out about Grossman knowing the Shannahan O, this guy knows the Pettine D.

Coaches can work with players only so many hours a week. There is no such requirement with players. This guy can be talking coverage schemes with the others in the backfield when the coaching staff can't.

Good enough reason for me to sign a depth player.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

It looks like we have our new fourth corner who is going to be crispy by the end of the season.

Or just a special teamer..

C
Legend
Legend
C
How did Trufant manage to weasel his way into this press conference?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I feel bad for him. No one is asking him questions..

Tackles are tackles.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
he dont exude the confidence i'd like to have seen but our other two had it to spare. was a nice conference

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

Quote:

Chud was fired for not putting out a winning product Short Term and yet all the moves made were for development and Long term.

that's the biggest single problem I had with the firing of Chud.

Me, too. That's precisely the reason I was glad to hear that Banner was gone. He talked out of both sides of his mouth and was very contradictory. Hopefully all these moves will make a difference for THIS year!

#gmstrong.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was impressed by all three. Isiah was very humble and 'knew' he wasnt the big signing and acted accordingly. Whitner and Dansby come across extremely well.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

he never mentioned his first name and people just assumed he was one of his brothers

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm hoping they will post the video of it soon on the Brown's website... missed it.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
yeah I caught the last two questions

#gmstrong

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c: Not sure I get this signing. I don't think there is any way he challenges our top three corners.

However, he may surprise like Brain Russell did several years ago. I thought that was a stupid signing and he turned out to be a pretty decent player.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Depth and special teams I guess.

I agree do not see him breaking into the startimg line up or even #3, but MP coached him so maybe he knowssomethng we dont.

Lets hope for a surprise.

#gmstrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a Bess replacement (slot).. not a outside WR. I like it. Watched some vids of him.. very much a yards after the reception type. Wouldnt be surprised to to see him recieving out of the backfield. And with our salary space.. why not.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He signed for 2years and 1.55mil overall and only 150k bonus. That's barely over minimum. He's basically a front runner for 5th CB and roster spots 50 to 53 as ST because the HC knows and likes him. Not supposed to sniff the field on D.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm sorry. I thought for sure he was a corner back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

I'm sorry. I thought for sure he was a corner back.

lol my bad... wrong thread. Watching too many forums :P

V
Legend
Legend
V
It's okay. We all make mistakes. I was just messin' w/you.

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Quote:

lol my bad... wrong thread. Watching too many forums :P

Come on Rook!

Like the pick up. If Trufant doesn't pan out then we lose nothing. Don't think he sees the field other than special teams but who knows. Seems like we are signing guys that are hungry. Similar story to Hawkins. Welcome to the Pound Trufant.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign CB Isiah Trufant

Link Copied to Clipboard