Next Thread
Print Thread
#863787 03/17/14 07:36 AM
C
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
C
I will be surprised if the Browns take ____________ at #4, but I wont be upset.

My answer in short is Khalil Mack.

While I would rather have Bridgewater, Watkins, or Robinson ahead of him.... I must say that Khalil Mack might have to be considered. You can point to depth at OLB (and I know there is a LOT of depth there) but if the Browns view him as a wrecking ball/playmaker/all-pro.... they will take him.

I hear him being compared to Cam Wake, who by my accounts is a top 3 pass rusher in the league.

Just throwing it out there. Lets see everyone's answers!

With the New regime starting in Cleveland. It is key that the Browns draft Taylor Mays. He fits our scheme and is one of the best safeties I have seen
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Teddy Bridgewater. It's who I want, but I'd be surprised that he made it to 4.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Clowney.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

While I would rather have Bridgewater, Watkins, or Robinson ahead of him.... I must say that Khalil Mack might have to be considered. You can point to depth at OLB (and I know there is a LOT of depth there) but if the Browns view him as a wrecking ball/playmaker/all-pro.... they will take him.

I hear him being compared to Cam Wake, who by my accounts is a top 3 pass rusher in the league.

I agree, Mack will be an elite player for years.

GO BROWNS!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
...Greg Robinson

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I'm pretty okay with everyone they could possibly draft. You'd have to fall down to something preposterous like Ebron or Aaron Donald for me to be genuinely upset.

I would be very pleasantly surprised if we snagged Bridgewater at #4 and not the least bit upset

Last edited by Kingcob; 03/17/14 08:25 AM.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

No one, and trade down.

If the draft goes Bridgewater, Bortles, Watkins....

For me, with our needs, that is 1, 2, 3 on my Browns board. I like Clowney, and I like Robinson, but for our needs, I don't feel that taking them at 4 would be a good use. Trade down to the Falcons, Vikings, Buccaneers, or someone else in the top 10, pick up a 2nd rounder and maybe more, and fall down and still land a top 5-10 talent.

I have been using this mock generator, and whenever it falls where those three are taken, I drop down a few picks, and I end up LOVING the draft.

Mack, Robinson, Matthews, Gilbert, Evans, or whatever you like.

Then in the second round, or even pick 26 to take Carr or Garrapolo, and still have an extra pick for inside linebacker, corner, safety or guard.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
....a QB....

There is some "consensus" can't miss, extraordinary, top notch talent coming out. You know them. The type that, when you purchase their jersey, you just know it won't end up in the Couch, Brown, Warren, Green, Winslow, Edwards, Wimbley, Quinn, Weeden, Richardson pile..........(and not that some weren't failures moreso due to their situations/surroundings/injuries/motorcycles,being a headcase, etc).

Then there are the QB's. This guy can't do this, that guy wears 2 gloves, this guy is short, that guy ain't accurate, so and so is too slow, etc, etc, etc.

I'd personally feel more safe/secure in Las Vegas at a crap table with a $1000.00 bill on the "YO" or a $500.00 bill on the "High/Low" than I would drafting a QB this year at #4.

Give me B-positional-P at #4 or move down a tad and acquire-ate.

And yep, there's gonna be a breakout, "who'd have thunk" QB this year.

jmho

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

....a QB....

There is some "consensus" can't miss, extraordinary, top notch talent coming out. You know them. The type that, when you purchase their jersey, you just know it won't end up in the Couch, Brown, Warren, Green, Winslow, Edwards, Wimbley, Quinn, Weeden, Richardson pile..........(and not that some weren't failures more so due to their situations/surroundings/injuries/motorcycles,being a headcase, etc).

Looks like your pile is similar to mine:

Couch, Brown, Green, Winslow, Edwards, Garcia, Hillis, McCoy.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Not only would I not be upset, I'd be ecstatic if they nabbed him at #4.

If he isn't available, then I wouldn't be upset if they nabbed Clowney (if available) or even Bortles. Any of the OTs would be alright also.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Not only would I not be upset, I'd be ecstatic if they nabbed him at #4.

If he isn't available, then I wouldn't be upset if they nabbed Clowney (if available) or even Bortles. Any of the OTs would be alright also.

There was an article posted on here a month or two back that attempted to draw comparisons between Farmer and Ozzie as first year GM's... taking a Top 5 ILB would only further that comparison, and I'd be all in favor of it. A true stud ILB is something we've never had.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Legend
Legend
C
So you're "Fill in the Blank" guy is C.J. Mosley?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I will be surprised if the Browns take CJ Mosley at #4, but I wont be upset.

Last edited by SuperBrown; 03/17/14 04:55 PM.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

bah, every year with your Alabama love fest. Julio, T-Rich, now Mosely.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Johnny Manziel!

At this point I would pass on QB at #4 and go with Watkins if he is there. BUT I would be okay with Manziel/Bortles here.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Johnny Manziel, shocked, stunned, and probably angry because I would be forced to root/ like him.

Legend
Legend
I will be surprised if the Browns take an offer to move down and stockpile picks at #4, but I wont be upset.

I think the offers will be there, and I think we can still have a great draft and add some bullets to the chamber by doing so. I don't think there is enough value at that slot when we can target the players we NEED and put the dice in someone else's hand. Some team is bound to be goo-goo over one of the players that are still there @ 4 an offer a king's ransom.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
BpG #863804 03/17/14 07:47 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

bah, every year with your Alabama love fest. Julio, T-Rich, now Mosely.

Julio is a STUD...T-Rich, not so much...Mosley WILL BE A STUD!

So, what's your point?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Clowney.

-----------------------------

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Honestly the better question might be, "The Browns would take _____ at #4, and I'd genuinely be upset"

Sure, most people would probably throw out one of the QBs as a pick that would upset them, but every one of them has been mentioned as a #1 pick so far this year, and you ask any draft "expert" and you'll get three different opinions on those guys. Grade-wise ... guys like Clowney, Watkins and Mack might consistently rate higher than the 3 QBs, but we could still use any of them. Even trading down a few slots wouldn't upset me, because of the depth at the top of the draft.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Mosley is awful. Cement feet. You don't take guys like that in the top 5.

Greg Robinson for me. They are already calling him the next Larry Allen. I wouldn't target him, but I would love to have him on the team.

you had a good run Hank.
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Mack, Robinson, Matthews, Clowney

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 Fill in the Blank

Link Copied to Clipboard