Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,656
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,656
Quote:

You're completely correct, but it still looks pretty freaking shady.

There's a big old poop-storm brewing somewhere under all of this.... and I agree with the proposed model for fining him. There is no reason the league's owner's shouldn't be held to AT LEAST the same standard as their players.




Oh I do as well. At least when it pertains to the illegal conduct concerning the DUI and drug charges. But we do often hear of NFL players being robbed of huge sums of cash and the league, as far as I know, have never taken any actions on a player for holding huge sums of cash.

I actually have hardly ever seen any posters comment about such things in the past.

So as it pertains to the criminal charges, I believe he should be held to at least the same standard, if not higher due to him being an owner.

What I find funy is how people wish to take issue with the cash when players have been known to do it with no action from the league and no real issue made of it.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,370
A
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,370
Quote:

Yep, the saying is right now that about the only people that really need cash are criminals... so anybody with large sums of it look suspicious.




Well, what is a large sum of money to one person wouldn't be to another. But, who carries almost 30 grand around in laundry bags? That's suspicious. Was he doing some laundering?

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Quote:

Quote:

Yep, the saying is right now that about the only people that really need cash are criminals... so anybody with large sums of it look suspicious.




Well, what is a large sum of money to one person wouldn't be to another. But, who carries almost 30 grand around in laundry bags? That's suspicious. Was he doing some laundering?




$30K can fit into a small bag. "Laundry bags", would suggest small denominations. They were probably filled with ones and he was headed to the strip club to meet a bunch of other guys for a bachelor party. Nothing wrong with that.



#GMSTRONG
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,370
A
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,370
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, the saying is right now that about the only people that really need cash are criminals... so anybody with large sums of it look suspicious.




Well, what is a large sum of money to one person wouldn't be to another. But, who carries almost 30 grand around in laundry bags? That's suspicious. Was he doing some laundering?




$30K can fit into a small bag. "Laundry bags", would suggest small denominations. They were probably filled with ones and he was headed to the strip club to meet a bunch of other guys for a bachelor party. Nothing wrong with that.






Of course, you're probably right, and I think that's what was in the police report. I was wondering why he didn't show up at my bachelor party more than a decade ago. He's never been prompt either. He's just so unreliable. He was supposed to bring the kegs of beer too!

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Pit, you are right in what you are saying, but man, when you add everything up------------what do you get?

Drawing a conclusion requires analyzing and evaluating all of the information. The guy was arrested for DUI and a controlled substance. There were many other personal accounts referenced and the thing w/the woman. Add in all that cash and what do you get, Pit?

Not saying it makes him guilty. I'm just saying I ain't stupid. I can figure out what was happening.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, the saying is right now that about the only people that really need cash are criminals... so anybody with large sums of it look suspicious.




Well, what is a large sum of money to one person wouldn't be to another. But, who carries almost 30 grand around in laundry bags? That's suspicious. Was he doing some laundering?




$30K can fit into a small bag. "Laundry bags", would suggest small denominations. They were probably filled with ones and he was headed to the strip club to meet a bunch of other guys for a bachelor party. Nothing wrong with that.





Not sure when you were last in a decent strip club but ONES don't get you a whole lot of attention these days.. at least that's what I've been told by people who go to such places.....


yebat' Putin
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, the saying is right now that about the only people that really need cash are criminals... so anybody with large sums of it look suspicious.




Well, what is a large sum of money to one person wouldn't be to another. But, who carries almost 30 grand around in laundry bags? That's suspicious. Was he doing some laundering?




$30K can fit into a small bag. "Laundry bags", would suggest small denominations. They were probably filled with ones and he was headed to the strip club to meet a bunch of other guys for a bachelor party. Nothing wrong with that.





Not sure when you were last in a decent strip club but ONES don't get you a whole lot of attention these days.. at least that's what I've been told by people who go to such places.....




I have never been in such an establishment. That would probably explain my lack of up to date knowledge as I'm only aware of references made on television.


#GMSTRONG
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
C
~
Legend
Offline
~
Legend
C
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
Most likely, but that'd change if you had a few thousands of them.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,656
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,656
Quote:

Pit, you are right in what you are saying, but man, when you add everything up------------what do you get?

Drawing a conclusion requires analyzing and evaluating all of the information. The guy was arrested for DUI and a controlled substance. There were many other personal accounts referenced and the thing w/the woman. Add in all that cash and what do you get, Pit?

Not saying it makes him guilty. I'm just saying I ain't stupid. I can figure out what was happening.




Oh I'm not saying your wrong. I just think that in and of itself, I don't see a billionaire having less than 30k in cash as such a big deal. I didn't see anyone make a huge deal when DeSean Jackson's house was robbed of a lot of cash. And he's no billionaire.



If you go under the assumption that all of these variables are directly connected, it's easy to see why some people come to such a conclusion. I get that. However, I've often times seen the media try to string together circumstances that are in no way connected. So for me, I'm not ready to assume they are all connected.

I believe he needs to be accountable for his illegal indiscretions but owes no explanation for other things which may, or may not be connected. I can also see how and why others may see it differently.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,057
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,057
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, the saying is right now that about the only people that really need cash are criminals... so anybody with large sums of it look suspicious.




Well, what is a large sum of money to one person wouldn't be to another. But, who carries almost 30 grand around in laundry bags? That's suspicious. Was he doing some laundering?




$30K can fit into a small bag. "Laundry bags", would suggest small denominations. They were probably filled with ones and he was headed to the strip club to meet a bunch of other guys for a bachelor party. Nothing wrong with that.





Not sure when you were last in a decent strip club but ONES don't get you a whole lot of attention these days.. at least that's what I've been told by people who go to such places.....




So I guess that quarters would be a real insult then ......? lol


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Jim Irsay arrested for DUI, possession of controlled substance

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5