Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
D
http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/03/31/n...s-during-games/

TLANTA (CBS Atlanta) — The National Football Leagues has partnered with an app developer that will allow fans to get an in-seat visit from cheerleaders.

Sports Business Journal reports the NFL has teamed up with Experience in an effort to help improve the in-game experience for fans. On top of having cheerleaders visit fans in their seats, the app will allow fans the opportunity to upgrade their seats and also allowing them to be on the field before the game.

Three teams – the Atlanta Falcons, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Seattle Seahawks – used the app last year and Brian Lafemina, the NFL’s senior vice president of club business development, believes that number will increase substantially.

“They believe up to half the league will be deployed for the 2014 season,” he told Sports Business Journal.

The Falcons said they sold about 800 experiences per game among its 3,000 season ticket holders.

“Anything from pregame on-field, to a birthday message, to cheerleader visits, to mascot visits, to the fly-by pass, which is a dedicated lane where you don’t wait to get into the stadium,” Jim Smith, the team’s chief marketing officer, told Sports Business Journal. “All the experiential things sold out within the first four hours they were made available.”

The NFL clubs will decide whether to make the available to all fans or just season ticket holders.

=========

Cheerleader lap dances, during the game

- I hoped this was an April Fools joke, but no..

Last edited by DawgFace; 04/02/14 10:35 AM.

Go Browns !!!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That sounds like a handy little app

Joe Thomas #73
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

Will they be bringing Beer.....

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

That sounds like a handy little app

no, no. I believe you will get kicked out of the stadium if you get handy

#gmstrong
D
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
D
Quote:

OK, that I would love to see...

Go Browns !!!!
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

I am a little intoxicated, could you please bend over a little more and place the cup into my hand... so I don't have to stress my shoulder

Legend
Legend
Shark Jumped.

If this is what they are having to resort to in an attempt to ensure tickets get sold, that is proof that the product is losing value in relation to what they charge for it.
Maybe if they stop trying to tweak the rules to turn it into the XFL or Arena ball, they wouldn't have to resort to gimmicks like this.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I don't think rule changes have much to do with attendance.

You'd have to pay me to attend a game. Watching from home is just a better experience, filling the stadiums is a challenge I can't believe they achieve it.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Watching from home is just a better experience

Disagree+1

I've been to some crap games, against Seattle a few years ago, etc.

But I wonder if you'd feel that way if we were winning 10+ games a year?

If they ever actually turned this thing around and put out a consistently good team, they'd have NO problem filling that place up all year..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

I don't think rule changes have much to do with attendance.

You'd have to pay me to attend a game. Watching from home is just a better experience, filling the stadiums is a challenge I can't believe they achieve it.

Once per year is good enough for me. I love tailgating with my buddies. I don't know how all you season ticket holders do it. That's a grind. Especially when you know your team is going to struggle. That's why we are truly the best fans in the world.

But yeah, watching sunday ticket in my sweat pants with my own beer and access to red zone is a much better experience.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Watching from home is just a better experience

Disagree+1

I've been to some crap games, against Seattle a few years ago, etc.

But I wonder if you'd feel that way if we were winning 10+ games a year?

If they ever actually turned this thing around and put out a consistently good team, they'd have NO problem filling that place up all year..

I have a different view I guess, I hate crowds.. so for me, watching from home is a way better experience..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
I know there is a joke / pun here about happy endings, but we don't have cheerleaders....or victories.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If this is what they are having to resort to in an attempt to ensure tickets get sold, that is proof that the product is losing value in relation to what they charge for it.

It's not about the product on the field, that's not what they are competing against.. it's the options you have when watching from home. It's cheaper, it's more comfortable, it's more convenient, it allows you to watch/do other things during commercials or halftime, it's easier to be interactive on twitter and other social media, you get more angles and replays of key plays, you can pause it and take the dog for a walk, heck if it's a nice Sunday afternoon you can record it and watch it later....

I like to go to one game a year but that will probably be harder now that my brother doesn't live in Cleveland any more... but it's an event, an all day, $400 event for me to take a couple people to a game.. and even if I lived closer I wouldn't want to do that every other Sunday for 5 months.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I plan on eventually being a season ticket holder...

But you can get a season ticket package for 200$. And they don't even have PSLs anymore...

I can go to a game by myself and have a good time. But plan on trying to take a few people to games.

Some times it's esier just to go on stubhub and buy tickets.

I understand why some people would rather just stay at home. But to me, being there is where it's at...

Especially if I ever get to go to a home playoff game..

I may go bankrupt if this team ever makes a SB...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
You folks do realize this means they'll start hiring men cheerleaders for the women and not to sound sexist, others in attendance.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
that's it I am all for Browns cheerleaders. Time for those front row seats to start paying off. WOOHOO

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Shark Jumped.

Maybe if they stop trying to tweak the rules to turn it into the XFL or Arena ball, they wouldn't have to resort to gimmicks like this.

Agreed.

This seems very tacky.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Rapey would be the term I'd use.

I wish the cheerleaders could just refuse this, but they don't have any real power. They're pretty horribly treated as is. Drunken fans don't need to add to that.

Legend
Legend
Seems like just more reason for people to stand up and be in my way.

Legend
Legend
Just Cheer, Baby.
Fed up with working long hours for meager wages, a Raiderette named LACY T. recently filed a lawsuit in search of fair pay. She might just end up changing the system.

Good read.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Just Cheer, Baby.
Fed up with working long hours for meager wages, a Raiderette named LACY T. recently filed a lawsuit in search of fair pay. She might just end up changing the system.

Good read.

They should unionize.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Things I See:

a) A Purple Parrot
b) A Blue Barracuda
c) A Green Monkey
d) What You Did There (Correct!)

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Just Cheer, Baby.

Good read.

They should unionize.

In some cases, it's the only legitimate option depending on the situation.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
More Cheerleading news:

http://time.com/77211/buffalo-jills-cheerleaders-bills/

The Jills cheerleading squad of the Buffalo Bills have suspended their activities this season just days after five former cheerleaders announced a lawsuit over claims of poor treatment and low wages because they were classified as independent contractors

New England Patriots v Buffalo Bills
MORE
The Ridiculous Things NFL Cheerleaders Put Up With
NFL Cheerleaders File Suit Saying They Make As Little As $2.85 Per Hour
The Buffalo Bills’ sidelines may be silent this season: The football team’s cheerleaders, called the “Buffalo Jills,” have suspended their activities after they filed a lawsuit over poor wages and treatment.

Stephanie Mateczun, president of Stejon Productions Corp., which is the company that manages the cheerleaders, has suspended the squad until further notice, USA Today reports. The suspension affects 35 women recently selected for the squad.

“When the time is right, I will be making a statement,” Mateczun said in an email to The Buffalo News.

The suspension follows Tuesday’s announcement that five former Bills cheerleaders filed suit saying they are wrongly classified as independent contractors and are therefore not paid the state’s $8 minimum wage. One of the cheerleaders, Alyssa U., told the Associated Press that she estimated she was paid only $420 for the 2012-13 football season. Another cheerleader, Maria P., says she only got $105 for the season.

The first home game for the Bills is scheduled for Sept. 14.

As TIME reported in February, cheerleaders for the Cincinnati Bengals and Oakland Raiders also have pending lawsuits for wage theft. Not only are the women paid meager salaries, but they are required to adhere to various regulations from their appearance to expected behavior. This includes expensive mandatory trips to nail and hair salons and reminders of how to behave at parties. According to the Buffalo Jills’ suit, cheerleaders are forced to participate in “jiggle tests” so their coach can assess their body firmness. In the complaint documents which were procured by Deadspin, the women were also given a rulebook with demands like: “how to properly wash “intimate areas,” and how often to change tampons.”

“Everything from standing in front of us with a clipboard having us do a jiggle test to see what parts of our body were jiggling,” cheerleader Alyssa U. told the Associated Press, “and if that was something that she saw, you were getting benched.”

The Bills are aware of the Jills’ decision to suspend operations, but declined comment, USA Today reports. Scott Berchtold, senior vice president of communications for the Buffalo Bills, said in an email response to TIME on Tuesday that “we are aware of this lawsuit and it is our organizational policy not to comment on pending litigation.”

----

Wonder how long we'll see NFL Cheerleaders after this. Makes me glad that the Browns never got into that junk.

Legend
Legend
I don't care if a team has cheerleaders or not .... but man, like with any other employees, you have to pay people for the work they do, and the time commitments you force upon them,

In the world of multi million contacts and multi billion dollar income for each team, a few thousand per woman is minor. To me, it really makes the teams look bad when they don't just write a small paycheck.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
That is revolting, not paying them minimum wage. Cripe, I'd fork over 10 bucks an hour to have them cheer and do the jiggle test for me.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

That is revolting, not paying them minimum wage. Cripe, I'd fork over 10 bucks an hour to have them cheer and do the jiggle test for me.

$1 at a time?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

says she only got $105 for the season.

I think I read somewhere that the Cowboys cheerleaders make about $150/game plus they get compensated for the other appearances they do... that sounds more reasonable.. $105 for the whole season.. IN BUFFALO? Yea, no thanks.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
For a long time I've been against having Cheerleaders for the Browns.. Now I have a reason to want them LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
The thing I don't understand is, were these wages agreed upon to begin with? Because I really doubt that people are just agreeing up-front to these kinds of paychecks. I'm wondering if there is some sort of secondary-type income that is expected to be generated from their standing as an official team cheerleader? I'm guessing that appearance fees, calendar sales, etc could really drive that income up if they marketed themselves well. Even if that's the case, I would think the teams could at least treat them like waitstaff and boost the salaries to minimum wage levels or higher if they aren't earning up to that level.

Still, it's a non-essential job that's little more than standing around and acting pretty for drunk guys. If it's so terrible and demeaning then why are people even applying for it?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Still, it's a non-essential job that's little more than standing around and acting pretty for drunk guys. If it's so terrible and demeaning then why are people even applying for it?

It's entertainment.

Why do they apply? Because being a pro cheerleader is a nice mark on the resume for many entertainment jobs.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm more interested in buying a drone that would GPS home onto my cell phone.. Bypass the beer line / vendor and deliver a six pack and a flask to my seat during the game.. Good idea no?

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
There is no way in the world that I would want to try and watch a football game on a tiny little cell phone screen.

I want that baby up on my 55" TV, so I can see all of the gory details. Besides, I'm too blind to watch a game on an cell phone.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't think saint was saying he wanted to watch the game on his cell phone.

He wants a drone that would deliver a 6 pack and a flask to his seat, at the stadium, so he doesn't have to stand in line at the concession stand.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, I did misread that.

Carry on with the fantasy, lol

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

The thing that really worries me about this entire idea is that it seems the NFL isn't considering the safety of the cheerleaders.

Willing to send them into a crowd of tens of thousands of people seems it would open things up to a very unsafe situation, at least possibly. At the very least, a lot of unneeded and unwanted comments from some fans.

While on the surface it sounds intriguing, from a practical standpoint, I think it's a very bad idea.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
No kidding. Pay them 1/2 of minimum wage and send them into the seats to get groped and slobbered on. Now there's a job any woman would want.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
So guys .... be courteous ...... if they send cheerleaders to your seat ..... make sure you have plenty of singles for tips .....

Sorry .... just had to ..... lol

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
How else are they going to make minimum wage?

Legend
Legend
Well, if they are tipped employees, then they can be paid less .........

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NFL Teams To Allow Cheerleaders To Visit Fans In Their Seats During Games

Link Copied to Clipboard