Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#871303 04/08/14 02:53 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
So I just won my NCAA bracket, and I've got about 300$ coming to me. I want to spend the money on something, as I already save a lot of money and I like to reward myself.

Eventually I suspect I will own both of these systems. Probably by the end of this year. Currently I have an Xbox360 and a PS3.

But if you were going to buy a system for right now through may be early December, would you guys choose a PS4 or a WiiU? WiiU has Zelda and a couple Mario games. I'm not very familiar with Nintendo games, Super Mario Galaxy made me dizzy when I tried it. So I don't really play the Wii except for Mario Party. I bought Mario Kart on ebay to also play with the g/f but it doesn't seem to work. Total letdown.

I do see that the WiiU is backward compatible, I just never liked playing a system with a Wii Remote. I always found it obnoxious. It seemed like a total gimmick. I've laid my hands on the WiiU GamePad thing, and while I don't understand why it's there, it's more comfortable in my hands, and I feel like it's something I can work with.

I don't want an XBoxOne because, in general, because I found that I like SONY's first party games much much more. Love NaughtyDog, Sucker Punch is decent, and the Killzone Games are decent (and now that Bungie is third party, Halo has me suspect). I love PS+ too, and that's SONY's offering

So what do you guys think, I mean. It sounded like Mario Land is short and so is Mario3D (don't like short games, as i generally don't play games twice). Zelda is something I've always wanted to try, and I wanna play that Donkey Kong game. I like it when I screw around with it at the store. Plus I figure Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers could be fun.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Zelda is something I've always wanted to try, and I wanna play that Donkey Kong game. I like it when I screw around with it at the store. Plus I figure Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers could be fun.

Sounds like you are really siked for the Wii U.

I really like my PS4, but in the end it's what you like and based on what you are posting I think the WiiU might be what you want right now.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
FreeAgent #871305 04/08/14 03:20 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Sounds like you are really siked for the Wii U.

I really like my PS4, but in the end it's what you like and based on what you are posting I think the WiiU might be what you want right now.

Oh, I'm siked about PS4. There just aren't really any games it seems like. I've played Tomb Raider on PS3. Resogun is cool, but not a reason to buy the system. So that leaves just inFamous: Second Son. One single game for me to play. Killzone looks fun, but I haven't quite gotten into multiplayer 1st person shooters yet. I'm gonna have to eventually, but it just hasn't happened yet.

I love videogames. It's a hobby. And compared to others, I guess it's pretty inexpensive. I just am talking about a system for the next couple months. No matter what, I figure I'll end up having both. Unless Nintendo scraps the WiiU or something, which would be very upsetting

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have both the Wii U and the PS4, I love them both. The Mario games are very short, but you should be able to find used copies much cheaper now that they have been out for a while. So while they are short, the price should still make it worth it as they are still fantastic games.

Let me know if you have any questions about the Wii U, everyone is different so I can't tell you that you will for sure love the Wii U, but I thoroughly enjoy having it in my collection and am glad I bought it.

Eat it Phil...
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I have both the Wii U and the PS4, I love them both. The Mario games are very short, but you should be able to find used copies much cheaper now that they have been out for a while. So while they are short, the price should still make it worth it as they are still fantastic games.

Let me know if you have any questions about the Wii U, everyone is different so I can't tell you that you will for sure love the Wii U, but I thoroughly enjoy having it in my collection and am glad I bought it.

That's what I'm thinking. I just want the Nintendo exclusives. I'm sure my PS4 will be my main system, but I've missed out on a lot of Nintendo Classics because I just haven't really owned one. That's why I plan to buy both as well. For now, I'm just working my way through Uncharted3 and my left over PS3 games that I want to play.

I think that's going to have to be Nintendo's Niche. Not competing with SONY and Microsoft, but being the home's second system. Try to face off with the graphics doesn't make sense. I like Nintendo's model, I just think they need to realize that may be they're not meant to be a gaming powerhouse company anymore.

Legend
Legend
I think the WiiU sounds good on paper and might fit better in large groups and parties, but if you game by yourself more, go PS4.

I'd suggest waiting until the 2nd generation of games comes out on the PS4, just because I don't like buying first generation versions because they're unpolished IMO. And there's always that chance the console price will drop 12-18 months after the initial release.

If the money has to be spent now, go PS4.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
O
Legend
Legend
O
Did you own a Wii?

If you didn't, that means you probably haven't played the last 1-2 Zeldas. Those are such great games. I don't know what's out right now for the PS4 (I'm an Xbox guy, myself), but being able to play those Zelda games make the WiiU pretty tempting.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
oobernoober #871310 04/08/14 06:00 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Did you own a Wii?

If you didn't, that means you probably haven't played the last 1-2 Zeldas. Those are such great games. I don't know what's out right now for the PS4 (I'm an Xbox guy, myself), but being able to play those Zelda games make the WiiU pretty tempting.

I do own a Wii. But I hate that stupid Wii Remote. I have the Wii because it was given to me.

I just have never gotten into motion gaming. Not my think at all. I like the controller though. I've tried Super Mario Gallaxy, but all I got was ridiculously dizzie. I don't like shooting games like Medal of Honor on the Wii (why would I do that when I'm so much better with the controller?).

The Zeldas are exactly what I want to play. I've never played them. Don't quite understand them. I haven't touched a Zelda since those gold games on NES, lol. I do like RPGs like Skyrim and Witcher 2. The other game I really want to play is the Donkey Kong game. But that's really it.

The PS4 is sweet, and I will own it by the end of the year. No question about it. But that's exactly it, I'm waiting for good games to come out. Right now, Killzone, Resogun, and inFamous: Second Son aren't gonna do it.

Maybe I'll just hold onto my money or go to a Blackhawks game. Never been to an NHL Game before, and that would definitely make my g/f happier (although I do enough nice things for her, I do want to take care of myself too!)

Someone brought up do I play single player or with people. I don't really have anyone to play with, my best buddy is a gamer, but he lives in LA now. So yeah, I play games by myself, unless it's something simple that the g/f can play (like Mario Party, but even that, we don't play much). That's why I expect PS4 to end up my main system. I just want the games like Zelda and Donkey Kong. I've never gotten into the Marios and the Mario Gallaxy really let me down. But all the reviews I read on Mario World and Mario3D are pretty darn good

O
Legend
Legend
O
Wow, then I'd say you should go and grab the Wii U, and buy Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the Wii (it was originally released for N64, but then was redone for the Wii). Also, I believe the same treatment was given to Wind Waker, which was originally released for Gamecube (right?). Those are two phenomenal games that I believe are out for the Wii, which you would be able to play on the Wii U. The Zelda that was released for the Wii (the one where he turns into a wolf, I don't remember the name), is also excellent.

Seriously, though... the best was Ocarina of Time.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
oobernoober #871312 04/11/14 01:13 PM
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Wow, then I'd say you should go and grab the Wii U, and buy Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the Wii (it was originally released for N64, but then was redone for the Wii). Also, I believe the same treatment was given to Wind Waker, which was originally released for Gamecube (right?). Those are two phenomenal games that I believe are out for the Wii, which you would be able to play on the Wii U. The Zelda that was released for the Wii (the one where he turns into a wolf, I don't remember the name), is also excellent.

Seriously, though... the best was Ocarina of Time.

Just buy the Zelda Wind Waker Wii U. It is the same price as the plain system, but you get a digital download of the remade Wind Waker game. Or get the Mario Wii U. Comes with 2 Mario/Luigi games and the system.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming WiiU vs PS4

Link Copied to Clipboard