Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Ok, that was a good read, and I'm sure it's been discussed in the 20+ pages on the subject. But what's up with the report that said "Mack would prefer to play the contract in Jacksonville" ?

I assume that came from Mack, through his agent. Has that issue been addressed, because it sounds like he wanted out?

First of all, I'm pretty sure I haven't read anything that says he'd rather play in Jacksonville over Cleveland. Not one thing.

Well, let's look at this..

Has Mack been a distraction at any time during his career so far? No

Has Mack ever embarrassed the organization or city or Fans? No

Has Mack lived up to his 1st round selection? Yes

To anyones knowledge has Mack ever made a derogatory remark about Cleveland, the Browns, the city or the fans? No (please don't consider rumors only fact)

Has it ever been reported that Mack has been drunk in public, used drugs, beat his wife, been in a bar fight or otherwise done anything to warrant a suspension?
NO

I guess what I'm saying is, he's NOT EVER GIVEN US ONE REASON TO DOUBT HIS WORD or INTEGRITY.

Why start now?

He is one of the "Good Guys".. Why question his integrity because of some reports probably written by some media weenie without clear attribution to Mack

But, I'll stand corrected if you can show me a link to an article that QUOTES MACIK directly as saying he'd rather play in Jacksonville.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I'm glad that bit of drama is over... At least for the next couple of years.

I still think it was a bad deal for the Browns.

Can't agree with you, it's a great deal for both the team and player.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Like I said Mack was out for the most money he could make for him, and his family and he now has it. He is happy, the Browns are happy and his numbers will not hurt the team over the next two years. It's time for the fans to get on board with this and forget all the nonsense.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Like I said Mack was out for the most money he could make for him, and his family and he now has it. He is happy, the Browns are happy and his numbers will not hurt the team over the next two years. It's time for the fans to get on board with this and forget all the nonsense.

where's the fun in that

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

My stance is perhaps different..maybe both sides..I wouldn't have paid that much for a center..they are easier to find and work into a starter. That said I thought it was interesting that the Browns didn't bid for themselves and let jags set the market... O.k that he's back but if I'm Farmer I get a center somewhere in this draft..the kid from USC would be nice.

V
Legend
Legend
V
It is kinda cool that a player played an organization for once. It sucks that it is my team, but I appreciate the little guy beating corporate America.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I agree.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

j/c
When boiled down to the essentials, which in my mind are, would the Browns' be a better football team in 2014 with or, without Alex Mack; the answer is obvious. Is it necessary to state the obvious?

The deal gives the club breathing room to make whatever moves it decides are necessary.

Does it make the club better? Obvious? I don't know.

But, you are right that it gives them breathing room for two years with a steep price tag. It does allow them to use a draft selection for another player in this year's draft. So, that is beneficial, but the price tag is severe. To me, I don't think that the deal was a good one and that the trade off will eventually cause problems for the Browns.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm glad that bit of drama is over... At least for the next couple of years.

I still think it was a bad deal for the Browns.

Can't agree with you, it's a great deal for both the team and player.

Okay. We'll have to agree to disagree about how great it is for the Browns. However, I will agree with you and say that it's a great deal for Alex Mack.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Well, but I'm glad he's staying. Lot of cash, but not insanely above marked value. Just natural progression of contract amounts in an age when dollars are worth less each year. If you or I were Mack, we'd try to get the most $$$ possible, too.
Mack and Thomas make a solid O-line foundation. It's up to Farmer / Haslam to provide three more decent O-line men, a QB, and a RB. We'll see.

Legend
Legend
j/c

One of the reasons Browns fans seem to have trouble with the amount of money being paid to Mack is simple: ground-breaking FA paydays always happen to other teams.

Since '99, we've had a history of letting our FA's leave to other teams for 'average +' FA money because they've almost never been league-leaders. In the meantime, there have been regular reports of other teams' FA's getting record paydays, while Browns fans have been forced to sit and whine about their team's substandard personnel.

I'm reminded of the old adage: "you get what you pay for." I'd also remind folks that "quality costs."

I'm happy to see the Browns lock down a pro bowl player and proven performer, instead of doing the usual Browns bush-league thing. In this case, letting this deal tank would have been 'penny-wise and pound-foolish.' That would TRULY deserve a "same ol' Browns" from me. Dollaz be damned- if Haslam isn't griping about the price, why should I?

I'm glad this is finally getting resolved... and with no new holes on Cleveland's roster.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Exactly. I mean how many of these deals do teams do knowing full well, "Yeah we're just going to cut him after year three so he'll never see the back two of that contract." If I were a player, I'd want to have control of my own fate, myself.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
O
Legend
Legend
O
jc

HAPPY HE'S BACK, the rest is water under the bridge. As far as I'm concerned it was all business.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Apparently Mack's happy he's back too...

Quote:

Mack “happy” to remain in Cleveland, says “no bad blood” with team

Posted by Mike Wilkening on April 12, 2014, 8:37 PM EDT

While the Browns matched the Jaguars’ five-year, $42 million offer sheet to Alex Mack, the two-time Pro Bowl center reportedly has no qualms about staying with Cleveland, the team with which he’s played his first five NFL seasons.

“I’m excited. I’m fired up,” Mack told Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer for a story published Saturday. “There’s no bad blood. Now that it’s done, I’m happy.”

Mack also told the Plain Dealer that he was “happy to be in Cleveland” and told the paper he didn’t say he wanted to move on to another team.

“I don’t believe I ever said that,” Mack told the Plain Dealer. “Seeing the options and trying to test free agency and see what else was out there was something that we wanted to do and we had a small opportunity to kind of get a little bit of that.”

The Browns’ quick decision to match Mack’s offer sheet clearly indicates they don’t have any worries about Mack being unhappy back in Cleveland.

If he chooses, the 28-year-old Mack can get out of his new deal after the 2015 season. However, by then, he will be 30 years old, and his value on the open market could be less than it is now.

In short, it’s easy to see why he signed the offer sheet. And it’s also understandable why the Browns matched. In Mack and left tackle Joe Thomas, the Browns have two durable standout linemen.

PFT

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Well, but I'm glad he's staying.

I don't mind that he's going to be on the Browns - speaking of his football abilities only. Personally, I don't like his methods. Honestly, everyone needs to remember that he is only here because the Browns matched, not because he wanted to be here.

Quote:

Lot of cash, but not insanely above marked value. Just natural progression of contract amounts in an age when dollars are worth less each year.

It is insanely above market value. The next highest center is being paid around $7 million per year. It's a 35-45% premium ABOVE the top paid. I only use the range because I'm not sure of the exact dollar amount for the next highest paid center.

Quote:

If you or I were Mack, we'd try to get the most $$$ possible, too.

I don't mind him trying to get the most money possible. My problem is the Browns paying him what they seem willing to do. I simply don't think he's worth that amount of money. I would rather have good value for the money being spent.

Quote:

Mack and Thomas make a solid O-line foundation. It's up to Farmer / Haslam to provide three more decent O-line men, a QB, and a RB. We'll see.

True. Thomas and Mack do. Thomas & Richburg would. Thomas & Robinson would. Thomas & Matthews would. Thomas & any other quality lineman would.

I think we've got the RB with Ben Tate. We could very well have the QB in Hoyer (or whoever we draft - as long as that isn't Bridgewater).

And, we still need help on defense. You don't lose as many games as the Browns do last year after being ahead at the half because of offense. Sometimes the defense has to step up. Personally, I think that's why TJ Ward was allowed to walk and why D'Qwell Jackson was cut.

E
Legend
Legend
E
We have had two players so far worthy of a second contract in our history that had Pro-Bowl Status. Joe Thomas and Alex Mack. Violated??? How so.

Look we resigned to second contracts in perspective...DQ and Rubin. Rubin a rotational player but very good and I love him he is a good leader but he is putting a 6-8 mil hit on our Cap. I don't hear any words of violated? DQ we had to release cause he was going to give us a cap hit of like 9 mil. When it comes time for a WR who frankly I weigh up and down on my scale of judgment who would be worth more to this team...Mack who is involved on every play or Gordon who touches the ball 6-10 times a game if we are lucky. But you will everyone screaming here PAY THE MAN I'm sure. And think its justified. Cause guess what Gordon continues on his path I'm telling you right here and now we might lose him after a franchise tag year. Just not worth the money - where Mack is worth it. If - IF it becomes cumbersome to our cap. We can release him or ask him to renegotiate...you know how good teams do so every year as they fill up the cap with re-signed players ESPECIALLY a franchise QB...which we don't have. Even if we draft one we won't have to re-sign him till about 4 years. If he's the guy I hope we don't wait for the end of the contract

We were not violated. We didn't mull over the decision. We were glad to sign that contract and did sp within 2 hours. If it took days to weigh should we or shouldn't we then you can suspect we were put into a corner. WE WERE GLAD TO SIGN HIM...oh we won't go without a mid to late round investment into an OG probably that we will develop into a Center in case he leaves us after 2 seasons. But remember we were going to pay him 10 mil with the tag...and if we tagged him next year at least 12mil. So in that regard we benefit and if he sees stability after two seasons we might put an extension and make it cap friendly if we have a need. We are going to have to cough up a lot more for Haden - This is the price that we have really NEVER EXPERIENCED since 1999. It a sign of us getting better. No need for us to feel violated. After all we were the ones who let him ride till his contract ran out and he hit FA. Why we should sign Haden a.s.a.p.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

j/c

One of the reasons Browns fans seem to have trouble with the amount of money being paid to Mack is simple: ground-breaking FA paydays always happen to other teams.

Since '99, we've had a history of letting our FA's leave to other teams for 'average +' FA money because they've almost never been league-leaders. In the meantime, there have been regular reports of other teams' FA's getting record paydays, while Browns fans have been forced to sit and whine about their team's substandard personnel.

I'm reminded of the old adage: "you get what you pay for." I'd also remind folks that "quality costs."

I'm happy to see the Browns lock down a pro bowl player and proven performer, instead of doing the usual Browns bush-league thing. In this case, letting this deal tank would have been 'penny-wise and pound-foolish.' That would TRULY deserve a "same ol' Browns" from me. Dollaz be damned- if Haslam isn't griping about the price, why should I?

I'm glad this is finally getting resolved... and with no new holes on Cleveland's roster.

Those are fair points, especially the one '...if Haslam isn't griping about the price...'

The only good that I see out of it is that the Browns might save a draft selection out of it. But to pay a center LT money is crazy. At least to me it is.

But, I guess that the Browns are doing it because they have the cap space this year to do it and they're willing to overpay.

I also don't like the structure of the deal, where Mack can 'blackmail' the team in two years if they don't address his replacement before then.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Exactly. I mean how many of these deals do teams do knowing full well, "Yeah we're just going to cut him after year three so he'll never see the back two of that contract." If I were a player, I'd want to have control of my own fate, myself.

I don't disagree. If he wanted to maximize his money, he could sign only 1-year contracts and become a free agent EVERY year.

I'll add, he could have a 'player option' for a second year if he wanted so he could eliminate the 'tag' issue.

Last edited by anarchy2day; 04/13/14 08:19 AM.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Mack also told the Plain Dealer that he was “happy to be in Cleveland” and told the paper he didn’t say he wanted to move on to another team.

That's laughable. He signed the offer sheet from Jacksonville!

Yeah, you can say, but that was only to see what his value on the market was. You might be able to claim that if his agent hadn't said that they could work a deal where the Browns wouldn't match it. Mack never correct those statements by his agent.

Nah, I don't believe a word that comes from Mack's mouth. Not a word.

Too much doublespeak for my liking.

Legend
Legend
Are you sure the Browns didn't make an offer of some kind? Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't really heard either way?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, you can say, but that was only to see what his value on the market was. You might be able to claim that if his agent hadn't said that they could work a deal where the Browns wouldn't match it. Mack never correct those statements by his agent.

What has Mack ever done that would make you doubt him?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

j/c

Those are fair points, especially the one '...if Haslam isn't griping about the price...'

The only good that I see out of it is that the Browns might save a draft selection out of it. But to pay a center LT money is crazy. At least to me it is.

But, I guess that the Browns are doing it because they have the cap space this year to do it and they're willing to overpay.

I also don't like the structure of the deal, where Mack can 'blackmail' the team in two years if they don't address his replacement before then.

Mack will be 30 by the time he can opt out. By that point the 8 mil guaranteed might be the best offer for him.

And if were not winning by then I don't blame anyone currently on the team now that wants to leave.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

Are you sure the Browns didn't make an offer of some kind? Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't really heard either way?

Offer? Not necessarily but Demoff did talk to us right before he accepted the invite to Jax.

Quote:

A day later, and after a negotiating session with the Browns went nowhere, Demoff told the Jaguars that Mack was willing to travel to Jacksonville for a visit.

Now does that mean Demoff gave us one last chance or did he want numbers to take to Jax? WHO CARES.

Mack did exactly what every single one of us shoulda done.

We're talking 2 teams that have sucked and in our case constant damn regime changes. He's basically saying to us---If a new HC and FO happens in the next 2 years, I'm opting out and you're not tagging me. SMART MOVE.

He's saying to Jax---If this team moves to London I'm OUT and you're not tagging me either.

Now. We've got TWO YEARS to prove to him we're going somewhere. And guess what. We'll re-ink Haden and Cameron. Gordon also. Now all we need is a damn QB so many wanna shy away from because these guys are now getting picked apart to the size and width of their ass cracks.

GET A DAMN QB. And Mack will stay and enjoy our Playoff runs.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

You do know what "Agent Speak" is, right?

I have no way of knowing for sure whether or not Mack truly wants to be here, or if he wants to move on to another team, but let's not forget that the only way Mack could get another team to make an offer is to make them think that he was ready to leave Cleveland. It is his agent's job to get him the best offer, so of course he is going to try to make another team think that he is anxious to leave, and that they could structure a deal that the Browns might not match.

What was his agent supposed to say? "Oh well, no matter what another team offers, the Browns are certain to match, so there really is no sense in going through all of the work of putting an offer together." Really? What would that gain him?

I was actually kind of surprised at the offer the Jags put together, because I saw no way the Browns wouldn't match. The deal wasn't that far out of line for a top player at his position.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

where's the fun in that

Less drama is more fun for me. I never did like Drama Queens

Legend
Legend
Quote:

O.k that he's back but if I'm Farmer I get a center somewhere in this draft..the kid from USC would be nice.

I would prefer to fill one of our many other holes in this draft and look for another center in NEXT years draft. That still gives a kid one year to learn before starting. If you draft one this year he is going to sit for at least two years which would cover half of his four year contract..

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
What could the Jags have done differently?

National Football Post
By Joel Corry
April 12, 2014 7:00 AM

Transition player Alex Mack signed a five-year, $42 million offer sheet with the Jacksonville Jaguars, which the Cleveland Browns quickly matched even though Mack reportedly wanted out of town. A provision allowing Mack to void his contract after the 2015 season and a no trade clause were included in the offer sheet. Mack’s new deal is at the top of the center market, which was necessary to make it worth his while to potentially make a commitment for an extended period of time.

The six-year, $49.116 million contract Ryan Kalil signed with the Carolina Panthers in 2011 as their franchise player has been the standard for center compensation. Kalil’s deal contains $28 million in guarantees and has $30.75 million in the first three years. Mack has fully guaranteed $10 million and $8 million salaries in 2014 and 2015 for a total of $18 million in the first two years. His $18 million only trails Kalil’s $20.75 million over two years and the $19.512 million Nick Mangold received during the first two years of the seven-year, $54.075 million contract extension he signed in 2010. Mack’s $8 million 2016 salary is guaranteed only for injury at signing. It becomes fully guaranteed if he is still under contract on April 5, 2016, which will be moot if he exercises his right to void his deal after the 2015 season.

The 2011 collective bargaining agreement prohibiting poison pills with offer sheets limited Jacksonville’s creativity in structuring a deal that would have made it virtually impossible for Cleveland to match. Poison pills were outlawed because of the Steve Hutchinson-Nate Burleson ordeal in 2006. The Minnesota Vikings signed Hutchison, who was the Seattle Seahawks’ transition player, to a seven-year, $49 million offer sheet with a provision that guaranteed his entire contract if he wasn’t the highest paid offensive lineman on the team at any point during his contract. Seattle didn’t match the offer because left tackle Walter Jones had a higher salary. The Seahawks retaliated by signing Minnesota restricted free agent wide receiver Nate Burleson to a backloaded seven-year, $49 million offer sheet that became fully guaranteed if he played at least five games in the state of Minnesota in any season of the contract or his average salary was greater than that of the highest paid running back on the team.

View photo
.Alex MackMack has started 80 of a possible 80 regular season games since entering the NFL in 2009.

The Browns have $29.6 million of salary cap room while the Jaguars are $25.1 million under the cap. Since Mack’s transition tag is already counting on Cleveland’s cap, Jacksonville wasn’t able to put together an offer sheet utilizing an abundance of 2014 cap room that couldn’t be matched. In order to discourage the Browns from matching the offer sheet, Jacksonville should have considered guaranteeing all five years or portions of the last two years, 2017 and 2018, without offsets.

An offensive lineman deal with over $40 million in guarantees would have been unprecedented. Currently, Trent Williams’ $36.75 million guaranteed in his six-year, $60 million rookie contract is the most guaranteed money ever for an offensive lineman. This would have required the Jaguars to trust Mack because offer sheets that aren’t matched can be renegotiated before the end of the season in the first contract year as long as there isn’t a salary reduction. Mack and the Jaguars could have re-worked the deal to eliminate his ability to void and any guarantees in later years so that it would have been more consistent with the marketplace.

If Mack was really looking to get out of Cleveland as soon as possible, the offer sheet should have contained a fully guaranteed 2014 salary equal to his $10.039 million transition tag that he could void at his discretion before the start of the 2015 league year. This would have ensured that Mack would have become an unrestricted free agent when free agency began next year. His actual voidable provision after the 2015 season operates in this manner. Another alternative for Mack would have been to get a clause that prohibited the Browns from using a franchise or transition designation on him in 2015 for signing his transition tag tender.

Outside of these concepts, there wasn’t much Jacksonville could have done to make it difficult for Cleveland to keep Mack for the short term. Even though Jacksonville wasn’t successful with Mack, the fan base will likely be pleased at the team’s aggressive efforts to upgrade the roster.

Mack will have an interesting choice after the 2015 season because he would be forgoing $24 million over the remaining three years of his contract to become an unrestricted free agent. Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey will attempt to leverage Mack’s pact into a better contract when negotiating his next deal. Outside of Pouncey, it’s hard to envision any other player potentially advancing salaries for centers before Mack has to make his decision on voiding.

Follow me on Twitter: @corryjoel

Joel Corry is a former sports agent who helped found Premier Sports & Entertainment, a sports management firm that represents professional athletes and coaches. Prior to his tenure at Premier, Joel worked for Management Plus Enterprises, which represented Shaquille O'Neal, Hakeem Olajuwon and Ronnie Lott. You can email Joel at jccorry@gmail.com.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/could-jags-done-differently-110048329--nfl.html

I think maybe Mack did want to be in Cleveland.. there are things that could have been done differently..

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
We may have paid a premium for Mack. But I'm ok with that as it leaves us one less position to upgrade. We have enough holes to fix. Saving a few bucks only to fall back a year while we break-in another center wouldn't have made sense to me. We could have done it at the cost of losing continuity on the OL right at the time we need it more than ever.

#gmstrong
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
can Mack agree to a trade?
if so would u take jags 1st for him (YES)

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

That's simply something that would never happen in "the real world".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
No there can be no trade for at least 1 year even if Mack was ok with it because the contract can't be renegotiated for at least 1 year per league rules and that contract has a no trade clause in it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

The Browns gave Mack the ability to go out and find out his worth. To sign any offer sheet he saw as a fit and fair deal so they had the opportunity to match. He did so.

There has never been anything shown that would cause anyone to have any legitimate reason to question Mack's statements about being here and being happy to be here.

There are players who have earned the right to be questioned, but Mack isn't one of them. To use a business dealing in which Mack got the best deal possible for himself and his family as some excuse to question Mack's character and honesty is nothing short of absurd.

Signing an offer sheet that he thought was fair was his only way of achieving a long term deal. And that's exactly what he did.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The only way a trade would of ever work, I believe, is if Mack had signed the Transition tag, then worked out a deal with Jax while we recieved compensation, which then would negate the Transition tag salary..

That's usually how its done for Franchise tags if I recall.

And at most we may have gotten their 2nd round pick. Plus some more. Asking for the 3rd overall pick for a Center isn't even silly. Its.. ya know..

D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Quote:

j/c

The Browns gave Mack the ability to go out and find out his worth. To sign any offer sheet he saw as a fit and fair deal so they had the opportunity to match. He did so.

There has never been anything shown that would cause anyone to have any legitimate reason to question Mack's statements about being here and being happy to be here.

There are players who have earned the right to be questioned, but Mack isn't one of them. To use a business dealing in which Mack got the best deal possible for himself and his family as some excuse to question Mack's character and honesty is nothing short of absurd.

Signing an offer sheet that he thought was fair was his only way of achieving a long term deal. And that's exactly what he did.

I agree he did what was best for him and so would have I .

D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Quote:

The only way a trade would of ever work, I believe, is if Mack had signed the Transition tag, then worked out a deal with Jax while we recieved compensation, which then would negate the Transition tag salary..

That's usually how its done for Franchise tags if I recall.

And at most we may have gotten their 2nd round pick. Plus some more. Asking for the 3rd overall pick for a Center isn't even silly. Its.. ya know..

yea I know what was I thinking

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

j/c

Mack will be 30 by the time he can opt out. By that point the 8 mil guaranteed might be the best offer for him.

And if were not winning by then I don't blame anyone currently on the team now that wants to leave.

Another fair point. Do you really think though, at 28, that he's worth $10 million?

Legend
Legend
I could easily just say "Is anyone worth 10 Million?" Because it's a game afterall.. But screw that, sports salaries are what they are, the fact that we can talk about a "couple million extra" makes my brain hurt sometimes.. But whatevs...

I think the fact that we have all this cap room makes it almost a moot point. We're not ganna fill up another 20 mil anytime soon... And by the time we do, he won't be the highest paid Center anymore... Especially if he reups for the 8mil...

Legend
Legend
Quote:

His contract has a "NO TRADE" Clause..

I suppose he could agree to one

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

That's simply something that would never happen in "the real world".

Sonny Weaver Jr. could pull it off.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

It is insanely above market value. The next highest center is being paid around $7 million per year. It's a 35-45% premium ABOVE the top paid. I only use the range because I'm not sure of the exact dollar amount for the next highest paid center.

Not sure where your numbers are coming from but here's the list of the highest avg. salary for centers: link

Mack: 8.4 mil
Kalil : 8.186
Mangold: 7.725
Unger: 6.458

Kalil and Mangold are both in the 4th year of their deals. Macks deal is only 2.6% and 8.7% higher respecitvely. Unger is in the 3 year of his deal.

LIbertatem Defendimus!!

2010 Dawgtalkers NCAA Bracket Challenge Champ!!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Alex Mack continued.....again.

Link Copied to Clipboard