Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Can anyone explain to me why people seem to dislike Pryor outside of his QB performance?

I have a bad memory as most of what I see are highlights. Pryor had some of the most impressive and exciting plays in the entire NFL last season. I would be happy to have him as our 3rd string QB. I think he is a good pick up for the Seahawks.

It's only on-field stuff for me. The Ohio State stuff is in the past. I thought he handle the situation wrong, but I can't be too upset at a kid that got in trouble for essentially selling his own stuff...

On field though, I hate his mechanics. I don't think he sees the field very well. If someone can break down his game and build it back up, you may get a few good years out of him before he starts to lose his speed.

If we had any interest, I would say why not use a late pick on Logan Thomas? I think he's a little better coming out of school. He needs a lot of work too.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Depends, if we draft Manziel and run some variation of the read option like they did with RG III, then I could see him maybe getting vet minimum to be 3rd or 4th string.

In that Scenario, Brian Hoyer is kind of a wildcard. Likely not the direction we're headed.

So, are the Seahawks dumb for bringing in a guy who can run the read option? Something Seattle already does?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
j/k

Pete Carrol to Terrelle Pryor,

Pete : Hey Terrelle were going to switch you to TE and WR ok, and you can be our 3rd string QB, were going to get you wide open in the flats and all you have to do is catch the ball and you can run for days,

Terrelle : What if I dont wanna be a WR or TE Coach

Pete : Than were going to cut your behind from this Super Bowl team and you can go play for somebody else and watch us Win another Super Bowl without you....Terrelle somebody will take that place, all were out is a 7th round pick, lol, think that player would have made our team to begin with...nice tatto bye the way

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Depends, if we draft Manziel and run some variation of the read option like they did with RG III, then I could see him maybe getting vet minimum to be 3rd or 4th string.

In that Scenario, Brian Hoyer is kind of a wildcard. Likely not the direction we're headed.

So, are the Seahawks dumb for bringing in a guy who can run the read option? Something Seattle already does?

That de[ends if brought in to tak time away from RW or as a viable number 2 behind RW and assume he can do anything close to what RW can do in terms of decision making then yes dumb.

If a 7th round flyer on an athlete on a team SB team, with strong veteran leadership, established coaches and with few holes and picks to spend; that may be used in a few exotic formations, or just as a look see then no, there is nothing wrong with the move.

Unfortunately does not match us , a 4 win team, searching for an identity, needing players to step up and lead, with new coaches and FO then IMO it would be a bad move for us. Hell we don't even know what type of offense we are going to run

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
JC

I remember everyone scoffing and laughing at Carroll a few years ago on the Official Website Board. He was tanking chances on guys like Pryor (Winslow, Rice, etc).

Some of these guys didn't work out. Others did. 7th rounders rarely make it, Pryor is worth a shot.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

They also traded for Charlie Frye. Sure, that was another brain trust, but not every move they make is wonderful.

I like you, YTown...........but, that was weak. Charlie Frye? Really? Who was the HC and GM at that time?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

They also traded for Charlie Frye. Sure, that was another brain trust, but not every move they make is wonderful.

I like you, YTown...........but, that was weak. Charlie Frye? Really? Who was the HC and GM at that time?

He's saying it was a dumb move (not in so many words) and that it was a different regime so whats the difference who the HC and GM was?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
Let me help you w/your reading comprehension.

He said: "They also traded for Charlie Frye." Do you see that word..........."also?" Good.

Now, let's think this out...............how can you blame the current regime on a past regimes' mistakes?

Does that make sense now?

Legend
Legend
Maybe you need a reading comprehension course yourself.

I did say, specifically, that it was a different regime that traded for Frye. Geesh. Let no innocent, goofy comment pass. Take offense to any minor joke.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

how can you blame the current regime on a past regimes' mistakes?

People do it on this board all the time.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

how can you blame the current regime on a past regimes' mistakes?

People do it on this board all the time.

Sounds to me like you could ask the White House that question.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Let me help you w/your reading comprehension.

He said: "They also traded for Charlie Frye." Do you see that word..........."also?" Good.

Now, let's think this out...............how can you blame the current regime on a past regimes' mistakes?

Does that make sense now?

You sir, act like an arrogant arse

Instead of just answering, you apparently need to attempt to belittle people..

Enough of your antics already.. Grow up.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL..............and you act like an ignorant arse.

Belittle people? Nah, you never do that. You are so above that.

Oh, and YTown................my reading comprehension is just fine. Don't admit that you misspoke. Turn it around and blame it on me.

Gutty.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

LOL..............and you act like an ignorant arse.

Belittle people? Nah, you never do that. You are so above that.

Oh, and YTown................my reading comprehension is just fine. Don't admit that you misspoke. Turn it around and blame it on me.

Gutty.

I know that you'll never admit to being wrong, so I'll just paste exactly what I wrote, and let others make the decision.

Your reading comprehension sucks in this case. Sorry to break it to you, but it does.

Quote:

They also traded for Charlie Frye. Sure, that was another brain trust, but not every move they make is wonderful. They also signed Matt Flynn to a free agent deal. They take some chances, and maybe they have a plan for Pryor. Maybe they just brought him in for a look, It's not like they have a ton of holes to fill. They can afford to waste a 7th rounder here or there.

I stand by my comments. I don't get what part of "that was another brain trust",you don't get. Actually I was thinking more of that as a dig at Holmgren than anything ..... so I added Flynn as a relevant mistake by this front office.

I'm done discussing this, because quite frankly, I don't see why my comment so offended you. Sometimes I think you blow your top at people just because ......... no idea.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

They also traded for Charlie Frye. Sure, that was another brain trust...

So why even bring it up in your conversation about this regime and the type of moves they have made other than to count it as one more little piece of "evidence" to back up your point, (which it's not since it was a different regime)?

You were talking about the current regime and some of the things they have done yet right in the middle of that you include a barb aimed at Holmgren and included it as an example of the type of moves the current regime makes. That little piece was attributed to another team but lumped onto this one for effect.

That was my reading comprehension at work when I first read it.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Because we had another thread about Holmgren running, and I still had that in mind? Who knows? lol It was just something thrown in there, and qualified. I never applied that decision to this particular Seahawks brain trust, and specifically said so.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Trouble maker...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Not me. Never. lol

V
Legend
Legend
V
I never admit to being wrong? Wanna wager on that one.

If I find one post where I admit I was wrong...........wait, if I find one post where I admit I was wrong..........wait, if I find three posts where I admit I was wrong............you pay me $100.

If I can't find one post..............wait.........if I can't find two posts where......wait, if I can't find three posts where I admit I was wrong, I will pay you $500.

Deal?

The odds are in your favor. You are getting a 5 to 1 payout for something you said NEVER occurs.

Put your money where you mouth is.

Legend
Legend
Sorry, as I think about it, there was the Clausen admission. I'll take that part back and apologize.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'll take that part back and apologize.

Wise move. You just saved yourself some money...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I never admit to being wrong? Wanna wager on that one.

If I find one post where I admit I was wrong...........wait, if I find one post where I admit I was wrong..........wait, if I find three posts where I admit I was wrong............you pay me $100.

If I can't find one post..............wait.........if I can't find two posts where......wait, if I can't find three posts where I admit I was wrong, I will pay you $500.

Deal?

The odds are in your favor. You are getting a 5 to 1 payout for something you said NEVER occurs.

Put your money where you mouth is.

Now if you would just admit every time you're wrong you could practically double your post count.

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
So can I assume the Pryor thread is pretty much done...lol

Hey free post!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Hey free post!

That seems to be a fairly safe assumption.

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Hey free post!

Well, at least the part about Pryor is.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Should We Pursue Terrelle Pryor?

Link Copied to Clipboard