Print Thread
#875260 04/24/14 11:59 AM
C
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
C
Hey all,

As some of you know, myself and CanadaDawg do an annual trip to a Browns game every year. The highlight of our game days in Cleveland is joining up with a tailgate and we've been lucky enough to meet some awesome people on here in person, have a few beer and a little grub.

We're looking at doing an away game this year and right now our leading contender is Jacksonville. Wanted to check if anyone on here is a Jax resident and is also thinking about hitting up the game?

Legend
Legend
You want to make sure you are going to a game where tickets will be cheap and easy to get?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I was thinking how great it would be if Browns fans filled up Cincy's stadium on the nationally televised TNF vs. the Bengals.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

As some of you know, myself and CanadaDawg

Is this your other personality?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
We'll be heading to the Titans game. Have a cousin there we can stay with..........(makes it a tad more affordable for us)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

As some of you know, myself and CanadaDawg

Is this your other personality?

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I was pondering driving on up there for the game. I think it is going to work with my work schedule but I'm not positive yet. One week earlier and it definitely wouldn't have worked.

In 2016 they will be in Miami, just don't know if I'll still be living here by then.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I'd consider the Nashville game. I think you will have a better time....wait....seems one of the girls actually sang country and went to Nashville quite a bit...some of those conversations are comming back now.

Jacksonville is kind of big and spread out....like really spread out. I'd consider staying about 25 miles south in St. Augustine. Oldest city in North America...lots of great history...a really cool Fort tour, nice beaches, and a lot more compact. Grab a hotel near old town and you are set.

Sorry you won't be doing Cleveland this year, but I get it.

Have a great time.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Wife and I will be going to the Titans game. Never been "to" Nashville - through it - but not to it. Wife's cousin lives close to the stadium. Planning on getting there Friday evening, leaving Monday morning.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I was at the Browns vs Titans game in Nashville in 2002. Way behind, Couch threw two late game TD's and Phil Dawson sealed the deal in OT with a FG.

Living so close to Nashville now, it's a can't miss game for me!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

j/c

I was at the Browns vs Titans game in Nashville in 2002. Way behind, Couch threw two late game TD's and Phil Dawson sealed the deal in OT with a FG.

Living so close to Nashville now, it's a can't miss game for me!

If you do go - pm me your phone number and we'll meet up somewhere, somehow........A.D.D. kicking in - some where sunny and 75......

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sounds like a plan. I'll PM as soon as I get my tickets!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Unless things change drastically - we're going to be there. Would love to meet you in person.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Wife and I will be going to the Titans game. Never been "to" Nashville - through it - but not to it. Wife's cousin lives close to the stadium. Planning on getting there Friday evening, leaving Monday morning.

You'll love it....the Country HOF is pretty nice....fan or not....do it

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Oh, I'm a country music lover - recent - old.......When our cousin moved to Nashville (he's a bears fan), we just flat out said whenever the Browns play in TN, we're coming down. Browns play there Oct. 5th..............again, God willing, we'll be there.

He's the cousin on my wife's side. I have a cousin down there also.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Unless things change drastically - we're going to be there. Would love to meet you in person.

He's not all that impressive in person.

I've considered Pit a friend for about as long as I have been posting. I am confident he feels the same. Heck, he even knows of LaGrange, Ga. We have both partied there. Heck, he knows Lanette, Alabama. A very exclusive few have partied there, but we have! Anybody can go hang in Paris or London, or NYC, but Lanette, Alabama? Are you kidding me? Not many can say that!

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

You'll love it....the Country HOF is pretty nice....fan or not....do it

I'm not a country music fan, but the building for the Hall of Fame looks really cool! The building looks like a keyboard, and they have other parts that look like records and CDs ..... and a diamond radio mask. lol That's gotta be pure country right there.

I remember a restaurant outside of Nashville ..... Mack's or something like that? It was really, really good. The Hard Rock Cafe in town had pretty cool decor. It's been over a decade ago though since I was there.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
If you haven't been to Atlanta then that should be the away game for you guys. Beautiful city.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'll be in attendance at the Nashville game.. SackDawg will be coming w me.. possibly DancinDawg too

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

He's not all that impressive in person.

Actually you would be correct!

Quote:

I've considered Pit a friend for about as long as I have been posting. I am confident he feels the same.

I most certainly do!

Quote:

Heck, he even knows of LaGrange, Ga. We have both partied there. Heck, he knows Lanette, Alabama. A very exclusive few have partied there, but we have! Anybody can go hang in Paris or London, or NYC, but Lanette, Alabama? Are you kidding me? Not many can say that!

Well, in my own defense, I relocated their for work because my employer merged with a national company. It wasn't like I sought it out as a tourist destination.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

It sounds to me like as the game approaches, maybe we should all figure out a way to get together? I've met Peen, Saint and many posters that have posted on Dawgtalk and Dawgtalkers, including YTown.

It's really great to put a face and a person with the screen name. Hopefully there will be more attending than just those so far and we can all meet up somewhere. That would be great!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Well, in my own defense, I relocated their for work because my employer merged with a national company. It wasn't like I sought it out as a tourist destination.

You know that a trip there was on your bucket list.

Cross that one off!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pit and others be so advised that the Middle TN Browns Backers are the club hosts for this game and they put on a hell of a party Sat night.. The last time I was there.. Brian Brennan was the special guest

Sunday, they host a killer tailgate with tents full of food and kegs of beer in the stadium parking lot.. I strongly suggest we attend both events

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
P
Legend
Legend
P
They were our hosts ( for those who remember Mojo ) when we went there in 2002.

They were a very nice and friendly bunch and we enjoyed tailgating with them. I certainly agree with you about your suggestion. A nicer group of people can't be found.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Pit and others be so advised that the Middle TN Browns Backers are the club hosts for this game and they put on a hell of a party Sat night.. The last time I was there.. Brian Brennan was the special guest

Sunday, they host a killer tailgate with tents full of food and kegs of beer in the stadium parking lot.. I strongly suggest we attend both events

What are the requirements? I'm not a member of a Browns Backers club. Does that rule me out?

P
Legend
Legend
P
It doesn't rule anyone out.

It's the south man!

They have always welcomed and hosted any outside visitors when the Browns come to TN for a game. That was certainly something I had planned to bring up as the game got closer in regards to tailgating.

Considering where I live, I will most likely actually join the club myself. As I mentioned, they are a very nice and friendly group of people who really know how to tailgate.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

What are the requirements? I'm not a member of a Browns Backers club. Does that rule me out?

No....you just pay the cover to the events and you are good. The odd thing is I don't know if I am going to Nashville or Atlanta this year. Now that I travel up to Cleveland 6 games a year, I actually kind of look forward to watching those games in my den as they will be on local broadcast. We are 110 miles from Atlanta and 130 from Nashville, so both are the local broadcast market.

But....we'll see. I love the Nashville night scene. As good as it gets IMO. Even if you don't like country music, trust me, you'll like it that weekend.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

It doesn't rule anyone out.

It's the south man!

They have always welcomed and hosted any outside visitors when the Browns come to TN for a game. That was certainly something I had planned to bring up as the game got closer in regards to tailgating.

Considering where I live, I will most likely actually join the club myself. As I mentioned, they are a very nice and friendly group of people who really know how to tailgate.

You should man. Not sure where they are meeting these days. They were meeting at some bar in Franklin the last time I joined them for a game.

It's a big club. A buddy and I would go up at least once every season to join them...seemed like there were 150 Brownies packing the place.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
I have a first cousin that lives in Franklin. My wife has a first cousin that lives in Nashville - we'll be staying with him.

He just bought a house about a year ago - prior to that, he lived within walking distance of the stadium.

Our plans are to leave friday morning - have friday afternoon/evening, saturday, sunday........and leave monday morning. And, Mike (the cousin) knows the downtown area very well from what I have heard.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I have a first cousin that lives in Franklin. My wife has a first cousin that lives in Nashville - we'll be staying with him.

He just bought a house about a year ago - prior to that, he lived within walking distance of the stadium.

Our plans are to leave friday morning - have friday afternoon/evening, saturday, sunday........and leave monday morning. And, Mike (the cousin) knows the downtown area very well from what I have heard.

You and the Mrs. will have a great time in the Music City. It's a great time.....Oh.....go to Tootsies

<a href="http:http://www.tootsies.net///" target="_blank">web page</a>

OK that didn't work.....

Let's try this....

web page

Last edited by Ballpeen; 04/28/14 07:47 PM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

But....we'll see. I love the Nashville night scene. As good as it gets IMO. Even if you don't like country music, trust me, you'll like it that weekend.

I can attest to that. I do not really care for country music, but I loved the scene there and really enjoyed the bars. That is until my girlfriend started doing Jack Daniels shots with all of the southern gentlemen and we had to leave around 10pm and catch a cab back to the hotel at which point she proceeded to tell the Ethiopian cab driver why they had a drought.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Tootsies is AMAZING!

The thing about Nashville, is everyone trying to make it comes here. The local clubs have a huge amount of great talent to choose from. It's not like going to a normal club and seeing a band.

For anyone who likes it, they have a fantastic Bluegrass bar in the same block as Tootsies but the name escapes me.

Music Row in and of itself is well worth the trip!

#gmstrong
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
Late to the thread, but thought I would weigh in...

First, Jacksonville might be the worst franchise in the NFL. The gameday experience may be better under Khan but it was bad before. Terrible stadium. Bad game ops. No fans. The only redeeming quality of that trip was the peeps I was hanging with and the big Browns tailgate.

For me, Nashville is the only definite trip. Been a couple times. The city comes highly recommended. The Mid Tenn BB tailgate is always great.

I was at the '02 game as well. My lasting memory remains DNorthcutt's onside kick recovery on the sideline. Amazing play.

Had planned to go to Atlanta, but that looks like it's out due to another social obligation. I think I'll try to go to Carolina so I can at least check 1 new stadium off my list this year.

Original Dawg Talkers Pick'ems Champion

Dawg Talk Member Since: 08/24/01
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
I know the Lowcountry Browns Backers (Charleston SC) are planning on meeting up with the Jacksonville Backers for that game. I believe they've already ordered their block of seating, (haven't ordered tickets myself yet since I'm not sure of my sched that far out) but there will at least be a nice contingent meeting up there.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Game in Jacksonville

Link Copied to Clipboard