Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/27/sarah-palin-waterboarding_n_5222665.html

Sarah Palin wants terrorists to know how the United States would deal with them if she were president.

Speaking Saturday at the National Rifle Association's "Stand And Fight" rally at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, the former Alaska governor and 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate accused the Obama administration of instating counterterrorism policies that "coddle adversaries."

"Come on. Enemies, who would utterly annihilate America, they who'd obviously have information on plots, to carry out Jihad. Oh, but you can't offend them, can't make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen," she said. "Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists."

Saturday's rally was part of the NRA's annual meeting, which drew thousands to Indianapolis.

During her speech, Palin focused on Second Amendment rights, which she said liberals are "attacking" in addition to the United States' "foundational values and tradition." According to Palin, creating gun-free zones in schools and other public buildings is "stupid on steroids."

"Maybe our kids could be defended against criminals on the spot if more Mama Grizzlies carried," she said. "And [the] Obama administration wants you ID'd for that? Well, then go ahead and carry a sign too. A sign that says 'Yeah, I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.'"

_______

so i didn't even hear about this until my friends from europe posted this on my FB. then, just to make sure these quotes weren't taken out of contexts, i watched the video.

holy. crap.

talk about extreme. baptize terrorist? really?

all i have to say is THANK GOD she isn't in charge of anything. that is simply scary.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have no problem with this. I personally think they should be 'baptized' in the ocean with chunks of steel and concrete from the towers and Pentagon tied to them. I think more well trained citizens should carry guns too. Gun free zones have proven to be shooting galleries for the insane.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
This would be an ultimately amazing idea if the United States was a Christian nation that strictly forbade islam...However, since it is not this is a bad idea.

Sarah Palin has shown nothing since she was a VP candidate except that she is out of touch with...ya know everything American society is/has become

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Legend
Legend
Which makes you wonder why people are still obsessed enough with her to write articles about it.

#GMSTRONG
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
that's true...

I always forget she exists until theres an article of her saying something like this...

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
At first I thought this was from The Onion, but you really can't make up some of the things she's able to.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
She's pretty much Ann Coulter now.

Can't blame her. Good money in it.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Agreed. One thing is for sure, she certainly knows her audience and says exactly what they'll pay to hear.

Kudos to her for making the most of the business opportunity.

Like you say, great money in it.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

This would be an ultimately amazing idea if the United States was a Christian nation that strictly forbade islam...However, since it is not this is a bad idea.

She said "....waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists". Notice she said "terrorists" not "Muslims", so unless you are implying that Islam=terrorism, your statement doesn't apply.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

She said "....waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists". Notice she said "terrorists" not "Muslims", so unless you are implying that Islam=terrorism, your statement doesn't apply.

you do realize, when it comes to people who agree with palin, islam and terror is one in the same.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

you do realize, when it comes to people who agree with palin, islam and terror is one in the same.

That seems to me a supposition you are making, not Palin. You are putting words in her mouth she didn't say and applying your bias against Palin.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't doubt that many people think that.... but I do doubt that KingSteve is one of them, hence my post.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

That seems to me a supposition you are making, not Palin. You are putting words in her mouth she didn't say and applying your bias against Palin.

islamaphobia.

come on. should i keep going?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

islamaphobia.

come on. should i keep going?

Where did she say that?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Is this where we pretend that sayings don't have second meanings?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

No, this is where people pretend to say what someone else obviously meant because the first person doesn't like them. In other words, people who don't like Palin will explain what she meant so it can fit their dislike of Palin.

It's kind of like calling people racists when they don't agree with obama.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not true.

As a conservative evangelical Christian, I view Islam as a religion, one that I view as a false religion, but I recognize their right to religious freedom (at least where religious freedom exists, it rarely or never exists in Moslem countries)

I view terrorists as criminals of the worst kind, crimes against humanity.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 04/28/14 11:56 PM.
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

No, this is where people pretend to say what someone else obviously meant because the first person doesn't like them. In other words, people who don't like Palin will explain what she meant so it can fit their dislike of Palin.

Why should a Christian tradition be imposed on anyone at all especially against their will? Whether they are Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh, Jewish it makes no difference his point remains about this not being a nation founded up Christianity.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Quote:

Quote:

Why should a Christian tradition be imposed on anyone at all especially against their will? Whether they are Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh, Jewish it makes no difference his point remains about this not being a nation founded up Christianity.

This is about terrorism, not some imaginary imposition of Christianity on people against their will.

The idea of forced conversions is incompatible with true evangelical Christianity. What Palin meant is clear...don't coddle terrorists.

Last edited by LA Brown fan; 04/29/14 12:04 AM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Watcha insinuatin, commie?

Last edited by gage; 04/29/14 12:02 AM.

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I hope you're not that gullible in real life.

It was quite clear that she was talking about Islam terrorists (You can't baptize Christian terrorists) and if you want to play the fool to defend her then so be it.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I have no problem with this. I personally think they should be 'baptized' in the ocean with chunks of steel and concrete from the towers and Pentagon tied to them. I think more well trained citizens should carry guns too. Gun free zones have proven to be shooting galleries for the insane.

They should be dunked in holy water, told that they've been forced to convert to Christianity and sent back to their Islamic countries with crucifix tattoos.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Just to make things very clear, I am not a christian. Christianity had a lot to do with the founding of this country, as most people in this country were Christian at the founding. They also knew they couldn't allow an official religion, to prevent the catholic/protestant/catholic/protestant changes that were happening whenever England changed regents. His point, assuming you mean swish, was the Palin was associating all muslims with terrorists. She distinctly said 'terrorists', not 'muslim terrorists', nor 'islamists'.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Indeed. I don't think Sarah Palin would care if they were any religion or none at all.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

This is about terrorism, not some imaginary imposition of Christianity on people against their will.

This is about a woman who can only see the world through her own eyes and no one else's. She would not take the time nor have the inclination to look at her comments through the eyes of a Muslin, Buddhist...etc

She has no introspection, no empathy or at least non for people who lean further left than her, and is certainly o.k. with her unintelligent narrow minded viewpoint (Russia from my front porch). Worst of all she's a hypocrite (see her quitting her job and her handling of her child) She should be pointed to, laughed at, and serve as a warning. No one should ever quote Sarah Palin. There are far greater thinkers in the world both past and present.

Shoot maybe she can take over The Colbert Report. She wouldn't even have to make a character.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

It's kind of like calling people racists when they don't agree with obama.

You mean, I'm not a racist just because I disagree with Obama? Darn! People have been lying to me all this time. I might get an inferiority complex now.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I hope you're not that gullible in real life.

It was quite clear that she was talking about Islam terrorists (You can't baptize Christian terrorists) and if you want to play the fool to defend her then so be it.

You also can't baptize a person against their will. You have to want to be baptized to be a proper converted Christian. She's saying she'd waterboard and interrogate the scumbags. I think this is a much better solution than giving them a new soccer field or sending them home. You shouldn't play the fool yourself. Name calling is very unbecoming.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

She has no introspection, no empathy or at least non for people who lean further left than her, and is certainly o.k. with her unintelligent narrow minded viewpoint (Russia from my front porch).

Dude, the 'Russia from my front porch' is a quote by Tina Fey when playing Sarah Palin on SNL. Narrow viewpoint, huh?

Legend
Legend
For a long time I considered myself a republican... then the republicans started acting in a way that I found myself disagreeing with.. I didn't disagree with what they said usually, more like how they said it and their tactics.. eventually it became hard to even want to consider myself a republican so I started calling myself a conservative.. now conservative causes, that I generally support, keep bringing out these kinds of folks to speak to them or speak on their behalf.. and it's getting harder and harder to even say I support them....

My views on most issues haven't changed much but it's getting harder and harder to feel like anybody on the national scene really represents me on that issue...

Republican and conservative causes need a serious infusion of grown ups....

yebat' Putin
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not true.

As a conservative evangelical Christian, I view Islam as a religion, one that I view as a false religion, but I recognize their right to religious freedom (at least where religious freedom exists, it rarely or never exists in Moslem countries)

I view terrorists as criminals of the worst kind, crimes against humanity.

But, I will grant those that are criticizing Sarah Palin this much, as a general rule, most terrorists seen in the world today are of the Islamic variety. It's easy to make the jump. Does Islam, as a religion, get an undeserved bad reputation? I don't think so. It's very name means 'submission' and in the sense that it means it, it isn't a voluntary act.

What I find funny about critics of Christianity is that they use the Spanish Inquisition as the measure for Christian cruelty but never criticize Islam, which is inherently cruel, in any manner whatsoever. In fact, they criticize anyone that does criticize Islam.

I wouldn't have any problem sending any terrorist, of any religion or none, back to where they came and to add a crucifix tattoo to their bodies.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
her quote:
Quote:

"Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists."

Your Quote:
Quote:

She's saying she'd waterboard and interrogate the scumbags.

Quote:

You are putting words in her mouth she didn't say and applying your bias

You don't say?

Quote:

Dude, the 'Russia from my front porch' is a quote by Tina Fey when playing Sarah Palin on SNL. Narrow viewpoint, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/v/nokTjEdaUGg

She cited the proximity of Alaska to Russia as foreign policy experience....Sure Fey made a joke about, but just because it's a joke doesn't mean its not true.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I never called you a fool. That seems to me a supposition you are making, not me. You are putting words in my mouth I didn't say and applying your bias against me.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

her quote:
Quote:

"Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists."

Your Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

You don't say?

Quote:

She cited the proximity of Alaska to Russia as foreign policy experience....Sure Fey made a joke about, but just because it's a joke doesn't mean its not true.

You know, that as governor of Alaska, she had more experience dealing with foreign nationals than Barack Obama ever did as a senator from Illinois, right?

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

What I find funny about critics of Christianity is that they use the Spanish Inquisition as the measure for Christian cruelty

I don't think critics need to limit themselves so narrowly, no need to pretend it's the only bad part of Christianity. It's not like Christianity only persecuted people for that one specific time period. Religion must accept the good with the bad, to ignore history is to repeat it.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Yes, Obama who was on the Foreign Relation committee and was Chairman of the European Relations committee had less experience than Sarah Palin, because she can see Russia from an island.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You don't say?

Was waterboarding used for something other than interrogation? Are you suggesting we did it for fun or conversion?

Palin did cite her proximity to Russia. Seeing as Russia has threatened Alaska many times, and they want it back, she might just pay more attention to them than most Americans. Alaska is also close enough to pick up short wave from Russia. As I recall, there was a recent spy/bomber plane incursion very near Alaskan air space from Russia in 2012. There as also one in 2008. Granted, I'm giving her some leeway, but the only Russians I've ever seen were during Glasnost when we let one of their ships berth in Norfolk, VA. Their cigarettes are quite horrible.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

You know, that as governor of Alaska, she had more experience dealing with foreign nationals than Barack Obama ever did as a senator from Illinois, right?

Sweet, I can play this game too. You know the Federal Government is responsible for the foreign policy of the government not Governors, right?

You know even though there is a close Maritime Border between Russia and Canada the Constitution grants sole jurisdiction to the Federal Government and not states, right?

You've read the Constitution, right?

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

if you want to play the fool to defend her then so be it.

Yes, you did.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

What I find funny about critics of Christianity is that they use the Spanish Inquisition as the measure for Christian cruelty

I don't think critics need to limit themselves so narrowly, no need to pretend it's the only bad part of Christianity. It's not like Christianity only persecuted people for that one specific time period. Religion must accept the good with the bad, to ignore history is to repeat it.

Christians by and large have evolved to the point of denouncing violence and intimidation to make their case. You don't have Christian heads of state or large Christian radical sects numbering in the millions preaching jihad and the annihilation of other religions and peoples. (Granted, you have whackos like those bombing abortion clinics and the Westboro Baptist church....but the vast majority of Christians openly denounce them.) Do you see Islam evolving to this point anytime soon?

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I did not call you a fool. I said you were playing one. Major difference. You should know as you know that words only mean exactly what you said. Stop being so biased.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists'

Link Copied to Clipboard