Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think the only reason people rag on him is because

1) we drafted him #3 (and moving up to get him because we were scared that Minn with Adrian Peterson was going to draft him ). He was supposed to be a "Can't Miss Guy" (like everyone is saying of Sammy Watkins now) and he was a bust for us.

&

2) We traded him, everyone said the Browns were dumb to do that and we were tanking the season last year and in retrospect it looks like a genius move, and probably outside of drafting Joe Thomas is the only "genius" move this franchise can point to since 1999. So fans finally have something they can point to that the franchise did right.

JMO

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

2) We traded him, everyone said the Browns were dumb to do that and we were tanking the season last year and in retrospect it looks like a genius move, and probably outside of drafting Joe Thomas is the only "genius" move this franchise can point to since 1999. So fans finally have something they can point to that the franchise did right.

I'm sure they'll find a way to screw up the genius move like trading up from 26 to take Carlos Hyde.

#GMSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
I don't get all the ragging on Richardson. By all accounts, he enjoyed being a Brown, worked hard, did his best, acknowledged he wasn't very good and needed to get better, genuinely seemed upset at being traded, and never really said a disparaging word about the organization afterward.

The pack mentality is alive and well.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Seems people should really drop the entire thing in regards to TRich.

It's not like he drafted himself. Why blame him for that?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

fa·nat·ic
noun
a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause. Add in follower of a Sports team.

Why do people send death threats to players that mess up and cost a game? Fans are Fans, there are no rhyme or reason to the extreme fans.

Legend
Legend
I was one who wanted Trent in the draft ..... and boy was I wrong. I thought that we could help a poor QB (McCoy at the time) with a strong run game, but we never got that with Trent. I don't hate the guy, but I was glad that we got value for him in a trade.

I think that this story makes Trent look a bit bad though. To say that he couldn't get the playbook over the course of almost an entire season is kind of ridiculous.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

yeah i agree with that, we ( me included) do strike out agauinst TR, I guess for me it's a swipe at the media who jumped all over the team's ass when we made the trade... TR just gets caught up in the firestorm

His current penchant for excuses is wearing thin though

Last edited by texaslostdawg; 05/05/14 01:09 PM.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I was one who wanted Trent in the draft ..... and boy was I wrong. I thought that we could help a poor QB (McCoy at the time) with a strong run game, but we never got that with Trent. I don't hate the guy, but I was glad that we got value for him in a trade.

I think that this story makes Trent look a bit bad though. To say that he couldn't get the playbook over the course of almost an entire season is kind of ridiculous.

I was also happy we drafted TRich. Didn't like the trade up but I thought he would be a stud back.

But I saw the holes he was missing here in CLE. Didn't he know our playbook? Or was his excuse that he had two different playbooks in two years with us and didn't know it yet?

To me it is just an excuse, knowing a playbook and being able to recognize and hit a hole are two different things. If he shows better field vision this year then I'll eat crow and take that back.

I generally do wish him the best of luck. I harbor no hurt feelings and hope Farmer can turn pick #26 into something special for us.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Trent is a good guy, good individual. I am ragging on his comments regarding the Play book - I've always said he's a scat back in a big man's body!

I think if he is utilized that way...like you would a Sproles. He will be stellar.

About his regular running skills its known as the easiest transition position...outside of maybe long snapper and kickers. Its basic instincts.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Also wanted Richardson, moreso because I was just flat out agianst Ryan Tannenhill. In hindsight, I'd probably take Tanny.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
JC

I think he's been pressing for the homerun since we drafted him. Instead of taking what is there, he reaches for that breakout play/game.

Considering his injuries, lack of FB and the Shurmur offense, I thought he did OK as a rookie. Particularly red zone and short yardage. Still, a good move to dump him for a 1st round pick. If he keeps dancing and searching for that garage-door to open, he'll never find it.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think he's been pressing for the homerun since we drafted him. Instead of taking what is there, he reaches for that breakout play/game.

Don I have to disagree with this.. when I think of a RB pressing for the HR I think of a guy constantly changing fields, abandoning the lane to try for a bigger lane, trying to break everything outside and foregoing the simple 3 or 4 yard run up the middle.. TR has been the exact opposite. Even when the cutback lanes are there and evident, he still plows into the back of the OG for a yard and a half, he breaks very few runs outside or even outside of the intended hole for that matter.. Heck if he WAS looking for HRs, he'd be a lot better.

yebat' Putin
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Fair enough, you might be right. I see what you are saying about him not going outside and missing the cutback. Slamming into the Line is actually what made me think he was scanning around for something that wasn't there. Maybe it was just bad vision.

When we drafted him, my fear was the dominant Bama OLine made him look better than he was. Ingraham was supposed to be stellar, he struggled for the Saints. Lacey had already looked great as his backup. T Rich definitely hasn't adapted to playing on a level field.

Legend
Legend
I was hoping for Tannehill or Claiborne, but Trich just seemed like a safe, can't fail pick and I didn't have any negative feelings about it. I sure didn't think he'd be a bust.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I saw Richardson as a guy who couldn't outrun the defense. I was against him pretty vociferously. I thought he'd be better avoiding players in the phone booth but definitely didn't want to draft him at the top of the draft.

I wanted Tannehill badly that year. But oh well.

[Linked Image]
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
I bought into Richardson after the pick and all the media finally giving Browns some love. But I have to admit I was a Blackmon guy. I was salivating over his big play ability. I got over it once he became a knuckled & Gordon emerged for us.

"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Once it was clear we weren't getting Luck or RG3, I thought it was the perfect draft to trade-back. Blackmon, Kalil, Claiborne...

Then, as it played out, teams were all trading back and accumulating. Picks 2-7 were all traded! I think if we had played our cards right and kept falling back, we could have grabbed an entire draft's worth of extra picks.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I was on the Blackmon bandwagon as' well. Boy would I be eating some disgusting feelings about now if that had panned out. I think him getting the boot and etc could have been an extra wake up call, if one was ever needed, by Josh.

Josh tasted the pro bowl and what it's like to be talked about in a positive manner, such manners that aren't usually associated with this team, via the media for his field performance last year. I think he has all the more reason to respect the substance abuse policy, BUT, that can be a topic for another thread.

A low 3 yard average per carry back I suppose wasn't much better... but at least we liquidated it and we'll see what it provides for us the 8th with the 26th overall. Thank you Indy

1st String
1st String
T-Rich makes me very uneasy about any future Alabama draft picks. What kind of a name is HaHa any way?!?

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

1) we drafted him #3 (and moving up to get him because we were scared that Minn with Adrian Peterson was going to draft him ).

The talk was that TB at 7 was going to jump us for T-Rich.

H&H panicked, as they apparently did a lot, and trade (albeit not "that" much) to make sure they got their guy...

So then TB traded back into the 1st to grab Doug Martin.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

T-Rich makes me very uneasy about any future Alabama draft picks. What kind of a name is HaHa any way?!?

A funny one

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

A nickname. His name is Ha'Sean.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
D
Legend
Legend
D

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Must be a typo. I think they mean 3RD down back....

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
NFL Rumors – Indianapolis Colts Will Start Ahmad Bradshaw Over Trent Richardson at Running Back

http://sportige.com/nfl-rumors-indianapo...ack-06-24-2014/

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Trent certainly wasn't the first horrible bust in the NFL draft and he won't be the last, but it's sad that Grigson has made it blatantly obvious he is in total denial how stupid he looks for making that trade. Or is it that he is trying to keep Trent in a positive frame of mind? IDK, but I think it's the former. These GMs have such enormous egos...my goodness!

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He might the first to flame out on first round picks in successive years

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

NFL Rumors – Indianapolis Colts Will Start Ahmad Bradshaw Over Trent Richardson at Running Back

http://sportige.com/nfl-rumors-indianapo...ack-06-24-2014/

They certainly should.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As a Bama fan, I was quite a bit shocked with Richardson's performance with the Dolts. IMHO Trent had a good rookie season for the Browns. Considering he had damaged ribs, Trent scored 10 or so touchdowns and was going to gain 1000 yards, but sat out game 16 with injury.
Of course I was all for the TR pick, but he showed no burst when the 2013 season started and showed less for the Dolts.
Trent was one of the greatest running backs I had ever seen at Bama. In college, he was overpowering and shifty as a runner. Maybe he was just a product of the system. The OL was always great for TR, Ingram and Lacy. At this point it looks like Lacy is the cream of the crop. Still hoping TR will rebound, but he will have to start off fast and end fast in 2014 or he will probably find himself in RB Oblivion.

Last edited by SuperBrown; 06/26/14 11:39 PM.
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

Quote:

Trent Richardson: I know the Colts' playbook now

Wonder how far in was the page that described what a hole was?

They put 3 sticky arrows on each page and pointed to the rings in the binder.

"My signature line goes here."
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Richardson had a tough season last year and Colts fans are letting him know about it in training camp.

Trent Richardson had a rough start to his career with the Indianapolis Colts after he was traded from the Cleveland Browns for the Colts first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. Fans haven't forgotten about it, either:

Kyle J. Rodriguez @ColtsAuth_Kyle
Follow
Fans in the stands heckling Richardson after he runs into a pile on redzone drills. "Take your sweats off"

Richardson averaged just 2.9 yards per carry with the Colts last season and for the most part was a wholly ineffective running back in the offense. Most consider giving up a first-round pick for Richardson a bust for the Colts thus far and him running into the pile in training camp obviously isn't doing much to inspire Colts fans that the best is yet to come.

The Colts brought in Ahmad Bradshaw last season, but with Vick Ballard going down with an Achilles injury the weight of the running game will be on Bradshaw and Richardson's shoulders. So far, it sounds like more of the same for Richardson.
More from SBNation.com

lmao

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/7/30/5952619/trent-richardson-fan-heckling-colts-training-camp

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Same ol. same ol for TR.

It's it odd he has a red jersey on arent those normally reserved for QB's so they dont get hit? IDK maybe nothing.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Same ol. same ol for TR.

It's it odd he has a red jersey on arent those normally reserved for QB's so they dont get hit? IDK maybe nothing.

hurt shoulder. fragile handle with care.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Football: Hardesty gets coaching opportunity with Chowan

Montario Hardesty is getting his first shot at coaching.

The New Bern native will join the staff at Chowan, the school announced, for the 2014 season. Hardesty joins Chowan as an intern, through the NFL Players Association internship program.

Hardesty, a former New Bern running back, will be with the team through November.

Former Bears’ running back J.R. Williams is entering his senior season at Chowan. Last season, Williams piled up 726 all-purpose yards with two touchdowns last season.

Hardesty brings major Division-I experience and professional knowledge to Chowan’s football program.

He was a standout at the University of Tennessee from 2005-2009. He gained 2,391 rushing yards, 405 receiving yards and 27 touchdowns for the Volunteers.

Hardesty was selected in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft by the Cleveland Browns. He was hampered with injuries and only played in 23 games.

In two full seasons in Cleveland, Hardesty had 537 rushing yards, 138 receiving yards and a touchdown.

“Montario Hardesty was an outstanding high school athlete, had a tremendous college career at the University of Tennessee and was a second round pick of the Cleveland Browns,” Chowan football coach Tim Place said in a statement. “All associated with the Hawks football staff look forwarded to Montario joining the staff and bringing a new element to it.”

In the offseason, Hardesty has been living in Knoxville, Tenn.

Chowan finished with a sub .500, 4-6, record last season. Over the past three seasons, the Hawks are just 13-17.

http://www.newbernsj.com/sports/local/fo...chowan-1.354087

Legend
Legend
I found the following quote very telling:

“Montario Hardesty was an outstanding high school athlete, had a tremendous college career at the University of Tennessee and was a second round pick of the Cleveland Browns,” Chowan football coach Tim Place said in a statement. “All associated with the Hawks football staff look forwarded to Montario joining the staff and bringing a new element to it.”

That's ALL they could say about his pro career? Haha, yeah that's about right.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Poor kid could never stay healthy...

Legend
Legend
They said Hardesty is an intern there. I wonder if he's doing it for free then? (Sometimes intern positions pay, sometimes not.)

Legend
Legend
He always seemed like a good kid ...... who just couldn't stay healthy.

Hopefully he takes advantage of this opportunity to turn it into something more.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

He always seemed like a good kid ...... who just couldn't stay healthy.

Hopefully he takes advantage of this opportunity to turn it into something more.

Mike Pettine started in a similar way.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Trent Richardson: I know the Colts' playbook now

Link Copied to Clipboard