Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Well, per UN Charter the U.S. couldn't declare war on Iraq without UN approval, which they didn't get. So technically by international standards they would be considered War Criminals, but no one really cares about that stuff at the UN.

The UN is one of the most corrupt and ineffectual organizations in history.

When so many members have complete and absolute veto power, nothing can be done that interferes in any way with any agenda of any permanent member of the Security Council. The UN could try to "press charges" against the US, but the US would veto them. (Just like China would threaten to veto any human rights resolutions against a useful regime in say ....... North Korea)

The UN had limited uses, but to expect it to make any moves that run counter to any of the permanent members of the SC is ridiculously misguided, at best.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
All Pro
All Pro
The UN is a joke, nothing but a stage for dictators, terrorists and thugs. Oh, I almost forgot, thieves.

GO BROWNS!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't believe you can sue people for what they feel, think or believe. Whether that be true or not.

And while I don't care for the U.N., several nations had intel saying Iraq did not have WMD. Things that were conveniently not disclosed to the American people.

Any way you slice it, there's a lot of reasons people would not be happy with the end result of the Iraq war. From the lack of WMD to the fact that the factions within Iraq will be waring long after we're gone. Iraq is actually less stable now than it was before the Iraq war and will remain so.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't believe you can sue people for what they feel, think or believe.

But you can force them to sell their $600 million basketball team.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
While I really don't agree with forcing someone to sell their business in such a situation, they do agree to protect the brand and to give the owners of the league the power to make such decisions.

So while I don't agree with it on a personal level, it's the decision you make in agreeing to such stipulations when you become the owner of a professional sports team.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Iraq is actually less stable now than it was before the Iraq war and will remain so.

Of course it is. There is no longer one strongman forcing his will upon the entire country. Democracy is messy business. It is bumpy, and noisy, and often unpleasant. However, if the people of Iraq learn to "fight" in the political arena as opposed to on a battlefield, then it may actually become a lasting victory. It is a process though, and not an immediate outcome.

We've (the US) been at this democracy business for centuries, and we haven't gotten it right yet. We in-fight. We fought a civil war. We have had major racial fights, and problems with coexistence. Why would we expect other countries or people to get it all right immediately. These people are dealing with long standing and often petty hatreds, just as we have. There is no reason to expect that they should be so much better at dealing with such issues than we were.

We can try to offer guidance, but they are going to have to figure out how to live together.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Actually probable cause is not a requiement in starting a civil action, only for a criminal action that may deprive people of liberty [jail or detainment]. Slander is a false public announcement that may cause physical or monetary harm to a person, and in my veiw thats exactly what this may cause.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Slander laws are not applied to "public" figures in the same way that they are applied to common private citizens.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
And what price tag would be appropriate at the taxpayers' expense to fund that... in Iraq?

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
JC

The goal was a Free-Market Oil Swing State. A Mideast Oil Powerhouse that would drill like Capitalists. Getting global oil corporations (US or not) in there was the goal. They wanted CEOs determining production instead of a Gov't.

Wolfowitz and the Boys outlined this during the Clinton Administration. Prior to 9/11 Their National Security Plan mentioned Iraq and Oil repeatedly. Their planning put so much emphasis on oil, while they sent troops in with inadequate armor. They used the UN to verify their best WMD "Intelligence" then disregarded the reports when they came back negative. Somehow, they were still convinced, and somehow they convinced so many more.

I liked "W" back in 2000. Had I voted, it would have been for him. I admit, I was wrong. Way wrong.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

And what price tag would be appropriate at the taxpayers' expense to fund that... in Iraq?

It depends on if we see the former regime as a state sponsor of terrorism, and if we see terrorism as a national security matter. I think that people who get to decide their own way, in the long run, tend to invest in their futures more than those who do not. If a person has no hope, that it's pretty easy to talk him into killing himself for a cause. It gets far more difficult if he actually has a nice life, where he can take care of his family, and his kids have a chance to be something when they grow up.

P
Legend
Legend
P
What many, including our own government seem to underestimate, is that these factions have been warring in this part of the world for centuries.

Trying to install or demand democracy that the people of Iraq will not fight for and earn themselves is doomed to failure. I don't know how many more decades people believe that investing in them learning to stand up for themselves should continue. It seems there are too many factions actually involved for them to know who "themselves" really are.

And let's not even get into governments that sponsor terrorism. That's a very general term that could include many, many nations. In fact, depending on which part of the world you live in and your belief system, portions of the world would include us on that list.

We have supported and helped install some pretty evil guys in the past. Just sayin'

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Except for those centuries where the Ottomans ruled it

Legend
Legend
Quote:

What many, including our own government seem to underestimate, is that these factions have been warring in this part of the world for centuries.

Trying to install or demand democracy that the people of Iraq will not fight for and earn themselves is doomed to failure. I don't know how many more decades people believe that investing in them learning to stand up for themselves should continue. It seems there are too many factions actually involved for them to know who "themselves" really are.

And let's not even get into governments that sponsor terrorism. That's a very general term that could include many, many nations. In fact, depending on which part of the world you live in and your belief system, portions of the world would include us on that list.

We have supported and helped install some pretty evil guys in the past. Just sayin'

Ottomans, Romans, Mongols, Turks, etc.

the US was just another power who tried and failed. thats why the iraqis don't even care. its just an eye roll to them everytime somebody thinks they are going to come in, wreck shop, then magically think they can make it all better,

this whole thing with us wiping out the enemy then trying to rebuild the country has to stop. it didn't work in iraq, it didn't work in afghanistan. it won't work period. and the government and all the war mongers that are always yelling for military action don't even realize that the moment we supported Israel, we entered a holy war thats been going on for centuries, then act all innocent and wonder why the muslims in the middle east hate us.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Sounds like many of the students and faculty needed to suck it up and let their political views get in the way of a potentially excellent commencement speech. It's not like she would have made the speech political anyway. Believe me, I wasn't all too happy when I heard Chris Matthews was going to be my graduation speaker, but the guy did fine and didn't put politics into his speech. As long as the person is talking about life lessons and such then who really cares....And anyone with enough experience such as Rice would have a lot of good advice/lessons.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
As someone else noted, the Ottoman Empire managed to rule that entire part of the world with relative internal peace for quite a while.

I think that when the Middle East was divided up following WWI, disorder was part f the plan. How do you keep a people from rising as an enemy again? Split them up into countries and force in racial and/or religious turmoil to keep them from becoming an external threat.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

How do you keep a people from rising ? Split them up into parties and force in racial and/or religious turmoil to keep them from becoming an external threat.

I edited your words slightly to change it to U.S. standards

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Sounds like many of the students and faculty needed to suck it up and let their political views get in the way of a potentially excellent commencement speech. It's not like she would have made the speech political anyway. Believe me, I wasn't all too happy when I heard Chris Matthews was going to be my graduation speaker, but the guy did fine and didn't put politics into his speech. As long as the person is talking about life lessons and such then who really cares....And anyone with enough experience such as Rice would have a lot of good advice/lessons.

Exactly. I don't even remember who my commencement speaker was.

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Mine was obscure and a really stupid choice. It was the president of another university (SERIOUSLY???). She was A-W-F-U-L.

The year after mine, my wife's commencement speaker was John Boehner (fitting since he went to XU). It was 2006 and I think he was the majority leader at the time. His speech didn't involve politics at all, wasn't rehearsed, and was really awesome to listen to. I've had my qualms with Boehner, but I was really glad he spoke at my wife's graduation.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jc

Condi is the best thing that could ever happen if she would run for a political position. I respect her far more than any candidate. Maybe she is too smart to run. But dang she is the only person there with their head screwed on straight.

Which is exactly why she'd never run.

The axiom .... "Anyone who wants to be President shouldn't be allowed to run" proves itself true over and over and over again ..... especially lately.

and, this is why we are getting Bush v. Clinton in 2016. can you feel the excitement!!!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I was so hung over at my commencement, it's no wonder I don't remember much.

All I remember is being very hot, very crowded, very uncomfortable and it taking 10 hours.

yebat' Putin
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
So you're not willing to write off the war in Iraq as a bad use of money?

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

and, this is why we are getting Bush v. Clinton in 2016. can you feel the excitement!!!

Its disgusting. If its not the Family Fortune, its The Family Name. We could be looking at 2 families running USA for a combined 28 years!

I also see Clay Aiken is now running for Congress.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ohio had a lot of family members of politicians elected into the vacated seats.

I was wondering if politics is some kind of genetic disease.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

Maybe not a disease but perhaps a special skill: The ability to live with yourself, look at yourself in the mirror and sleep at night no matter how low you've lived during your waking hours.

Then wake up the next day, convince yourself you did something good the day before, then head out the door to do it again.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Perhaps a mental disorder?

Psychiatrist Confirms: Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder

As a clinical and forensic psychiatrist, Lyle Rossiter has treated over 1,500 patients and examined over 2,700 civil and criminal cases. Turning his hand to political psychopathology, the author of The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness, has diagnosed an alarming percentage of the population as suffering from the grotesque form of mental derangement known by some as moonbattery.

Among Rossiter's observations:

Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.

A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity — as liberals do. A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population — as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state — as liberals do.

The roots of liberalism — and its associated madness — can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind. When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.

Basically liberalism is a willful failure to mature beyond adolescence that can have catastrophic consequences for society. With luck, the official diagnosis of this disease by a mental health professional will facilitate the search for a cure.

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2008/02/psychiatrist_co.html

GO BROWNS!
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Good joke?

Legend
Legend
you forgot to put this article in purple .

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives

Can't deny that these ^^^ guys are out there. Clearly suffering from the madness...

"American seniors are being killed so This Satanic MUSLIM from Kenya can help females get birth control..."

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hey Ted, how's it goin'?

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

Hey Ted, how's it goin'?

Goin' well my friend! Still burnin' the candles at both ends. Much less stressful now that I hear that we won't be going with Manziel in the draft. How 'bout you? Things calm down at work yet?

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Hey Ted, how's it goin'?

Goin' well my friend! Still burnin' the candles at both ends. Much less stressful now that I hear that we won't be going with Manziel in the draft. How 'bout you? Things calm down at work yet?

Yea, it's getting on the end of the year. We go til the end of June and the older kids say, "Screw that!" and we get less attendance. Of course the "every day"ers are here for a reason, but they get a lot calmer with less kids around.

For some reason I haven't liked Manziel from the start. Seems similar to the Brady Quinn hype. Of course if the Browns don't draft him he'll take some other team to the Super Bowl.
I'll be happy with either Evans or a similar receiver, a cornerback, and a quarterback.

I guess I've been a Bridgewater fan from the beginning. Which means if the Browns draft him he'll suck, Hoyer will have a couple good games and we'll have the Holcomb drama all over again.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And here I didn't even know Condoleezza Rice played QB or WR!

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Ted, how's it goin'?

Yea, it's getting on the end of the year. We go til the end of June and the older kids say, "Screw that!" and we get less attendance. Of course the "every day"ers are here for a reason, but they get a lot calmer with less kids around.

For some reason I haven't liked Manziel from the start. Seems similar to the Brady Quinn hype. Of course if the Browns don't draft him he'll take some other team to the Super Bowl.
I'll be happy with either Evans or a similar receiver, a cornerback, and a quarterback.

I guess I've been a Bridgewater fan from the beginning. Which means if the Browns draft him he'll suck, Hoyer will have a couple good games and we'll have the Holcomb drama all over again.

Now I know we must draft Johnny Cleveland.

GO BROWNS!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Now I know we must draft Johnny Cleveland.

You're welcome.

Legend
Legend

'Condoleezza Rice pulls out of Rutgers speech after protests'

She is the one that pulled out. What does she have to hide? And please, causing a distraction? LOL... on a college campus full of distractions. What the hell did she expect when she took the gig in the first place? IMO, this is a sign of weakness.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Not really at all,its about time that the conseratives start treating these unpatriotic american haters that lie about everyone that they disagree with, No you got it wrong pal telling them to Eff-off is just what the doctor ordered..........

Legend
Legend
Quote:

'Condoleezza Rice pulls out of Rutgers speech after protests'

She is the one that pulled out. What does she have to hide? And please, causing a distraction? LOL... on a college campus full of distractions. What the hell did she expect when she took the gig in the first place? IMO, this is a sign of weakness.

Can't tell if this should be purple or not... she understands that commencement is about the students and families celebrating an achievement and not about her and if her presence was going to cause protests and other things that have no business at a commencement, then probably best she not be there... regardless of what you think of her politics, the lady has always shown class.. and this is no exception.

yebat' Putin
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
What did they lie about?

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
That she is a war criminal....... that not an opinion its a lie,cause if that was the case the hateful left would have pushed to no end on that issue and you darn well know it, and please spare me the according the the U.N b.s.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Condoleezza Rice pulls out of Rutgers speech after protests

Link Copied to Clipboard