Next Thread
Print Thread
#878652 05/05/14 06:48 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

www.twitlonger.com/show/nbph94

Including Mettenberger and Jernigan

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
So Mettenberger had a dilute sample.. Again, that's the dumbest thing I've heard. Who would have thought that a guy who would be doing the biggest exercise of his life would want to be hydrated...

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
You would imagine they'd have more common sense...sigh BTW anyone have the whole list? I've only see FSU LBs Smith and Christian Jones (whom I was pimping) and Mettenberger with a diluted sample

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jernigan was also a diluted sample.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Its not hard to have a deluted sample if you drink a lot of water. If guys are wanting to add water weight to make themselves bigger for the weigh in, it can easily happen.

H
1st String
1st String
H
But if you toked on a doobie or two and need to get clean, drink the crap out of water with or without one of those past a drug test teas. Fairly common flag on drug test. The specific gravity and creatine is low. I girl I knew had to take one 3 times cause of diluted samples.

They knew they might be dirty and tried IMO

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
That's true, but urine can get so diluted so quick that it's just silly.

H
1st String
1st String
H
I'm sure to fail someone for a positive drug test for athletes it has the be a serious red flag. They can tell the difference between a hydrated athlete and someone trying to dilute a sample. You have to seriously try to get your urine so diluted to fail a drug test. Massive amounts to strip your your urine of everything. If someone needs rehydrated they drink electrolytes, not a gallon of water every hour. No minerals or anything in sample is a tell tale. Not ok, take it again. They fail them.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Who would have thought that a guy who would be doing the biggest exercise of his life would want to be hydrated...

Too bad Mettenberger didn't workout at the combine.

Also, there is a difference between hydrated and diluted urine test.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

Quote:

Who would have thought that a guy who would be doing the biggest exercise of his life would want to be hydrated...

Too bad Mettenberger didn't workout at the combine.

Also, there is a difference between hydrated and diluted urine test.

As best I can tell the amount of water you need to drink to dilute a urine test isn't all that much (48 oz in 4-6 hours prior to the test). For an athlete that isn't an abnormal amount to be consuming.

Might be good news for Mettenberger fans if he starts sliding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right. when I go to the gym, I intake massive amounts of water. I drink a water bottle full of pre-workout mix before I lift. Then I drink usually 2+ bottles full within an hour or so while working out. That's 32 ounces of water in an hour +another 16 ounces of pre-workout 30 minutes before I lift, so that's 48 ounces in 1.5 hours. If I was training for 2 hours+ like many of these guys do, That would add another 32 ounces to that if I stayed on my same 16ounces/30minutes routine, so that would be 60 ounces in 2.5 hours...more than enough to dilute a sample.

P.S. That's not counting the 16 ounces or so I drink with dinner about an hour of so before lifting.

Last edited by ByrdDawg; 05/06/14 08:49 AM.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
My girlfriend failed an employment drug screen recently. All she drank before the test was two cups of coffee. The caffeine, a diuretic, did what it does enough to dilute her urine. She had nothing to hide and passed the retest by drinking nothing before taking it.

[Linked Image]
H
1st String
1st String
H
Yeah you guys are probably right. The people taking the tests, professionals with scientific reasoning behind them, were probably wrong. They haven't been doing it for long I'm sure.

Dehydrated then rehydrating is different than hydrating to the point of pissing straight water. And there are other factors of what normally in urine.

They failed them for it just like a employer wouldn't give you a job, and parole officer would send ya back for failed drug test. It's plain and simple.

You think every excuse giving here hasn't been used before?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Just because it sounds like an excuse doesn't mean it's wrong.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Not as much of an excuse as it is a legitimate reason.

Legend
Legend
Without reading the whole thread, have all 10 been named yet?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's also a real good excuse for diluting your pee. just saying.... only 10 out of hundreds had this happen... and what 2 out of those 10 were diluted?

Metternberger was a known party guy throughout his college career. Could be nothing, but given the fact that I think he's a stiff to begin with, he would be entirely off my board.

H
1st String
1st String
H
Quote:

It's also a real good excuse for diluting your pee. just saying.... only 10 out of hundreds had this happen... and what 2 out of those 10 were diluted?

Metternberger was a known party guy throughout his college career. Could be nothing, but given the fact that I think he's a stiff to begin with, he would be entirely off my board.

This.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

Yeah you guys are probably right. The people taking the tests, professionals with scientific reasoning behind them, were probably wrong. They haven't been doing it for long I'm sure.

Dehydrated then rehydrating is different than hydrating to the point of pissing straight water. And there are other factors of what normally in urine.

They failed them for it just like a employer wouldn't give you a job, and parole officer would send ya back for failed drug test. It's plain and simple.

I'm just assuming the guy that posted above was right. If it only takes 48 ounces of water in 6 hours to dilute your urine, it is entirely possible for an athlete who has theoretically been working out to stay in shape for a job that is potentially going to make them instant millionaires to drink that much water while working out...I do it 3 times a week myself. Add that to the fact that many of these guys were likely pushing themselves much harder than usual as this combine was a huge tool.
Honestly if you tested me after one of my lift sessions(which I would imagine are nowhere near as intense as these guys workouts) I would about bet money I would test diluted.

E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c

The diluted failures I believe will get retested...pretty sure I heard that on the Mike n Mike show today.

Its the failed drug test. M & M were in awe of the tweet by Le Charles Bentley as in funny and so on point.

that failing a drug test at the combine with the knowledge that you are going to get tested like never before. Is liken to somebody failing an Open Book Test of True and False about the Book Green Eggs and ham. Including putting the Answer to the question: was the color of the Eggs Green - and you put False.

lol Dumb or Don't care were the two answers with of course the possibility of being both, Dumb & Don't care.

smh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was listening to that that as well. It was definately funny. It's just irking that they made the big deal out of Mettenberger when his wasn't even dirty. That could truely hurt a young mans career when he was simply following doctor's orders.

H
1st String
1st String
H
If it's that's easy to just drink a bunch of water when you know you are dirty, nobody would ever fail a test in sports or parole.

BUT, the companies doing the test know how to tell if some purposely diluted a urine test. It's been like this for YEARS. They don't just "ruin a reputation" over nothing. And let's just say for some reason an athlete is not dehydrated and decides to drink half gallon of water and more in an hour, and then has a test within another hour of doing this, wouldn't he know better?

People who try to beat a drug test drink up to minute of test. It doesn't take that long to get minerals etc back into urine. People can think that mett is clean are grasping at straws IMO

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Quote:

And it doesn't mean it's right either. Here is some background information on the guy:

Quote:

Those hoping for a mea culpa and a return to the Georgia football team for touted recruit Zach Mettenberger need to find other hopes and dreams.

Mettenberger pleaded guilty in Lowndes Country Superior Court Monday to two counts of misdemeanor sexual battery arising from a March 7 incident at a Remerton, Ga., bar.

“The sexual battery counts were the result of Mettenberger grabbing the breasts and touching the buttocks of the victim,” Southern Judicial Circuit district attorney J. David Miller said in an e-mail to the Atlanta Journal Constitution Monday afternoon.

The judgment includes a stipulation that Mettenberger is banned from stepping foot in the town of Valdosta.

According to the district attorney, Mettenberger “was sentenced to two concurrent 12-month periods of probation under the First Offender act, is to pay $35 per month for a probation supervision fee, pay a fine of $1,000 on each count, must consent to searches of his person, vehicle and premises at any time by any law enforcement officer without a search warrant and without probable cause and must not object to any item seized during any such search from being admitted into evidence in any court proceeding, must not drink any alcoholic beverage, nor be at any place where alcoholic beverages are sold, is banished from the city of Valdosta and must have no contact, direct or indirect, with the victim in the case.”

Miller said the Remerton Police Department and the victim in the case “were satisfied with this resolution.”

Miller said other charges originally filed in the case — underage possession of alcohol, disorderly conduct, obstruction and possession of false identification — were dismissed “in consideration of the guilty pleas.”

How did this all go downhill so quickly for another "Berger" cooked by his own libido?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/387574-ex-uga-qb-mettenberger-pleads-guilty-to-sexual-battery

Read it closely.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Agreed. I wouldn't look at ZM anyway, but hate it that TJ is now off the board. I can overlook an indiscretion at college (whom amongst us), but when you know your going to get tested at the biggest job interview of your life (which you have MONTHS to get clean before hand) and still fail??? As the old saying goes you can't fix stupid.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Drug tests generally produce false-positive results in 5% to 10% of cases and false negatives in 10% to 15% of cases, new research shows.

So lets assume the best case scenario and 5% of drug tests come back false positive. That's 5 out of 100 athletes pop FALSE positive. These tests are NOT 100% accurate.
So given that they can be inaccurate, one might presume they aren't all that good at detecting "dilution" either..... Besides, who cares if they smoked a little grass. Far as I'm concerned the NFL should drop testing for weed. It's legal in two States, both of which have NFL teams. Legal by prescription in 20 others and DC. And I'm CERTAIN almost every NFL player would qualify for a script for pain relief. Be MUCH better for them than popping Percs and Vicodin.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
To be fair, they only test for it once before training camp.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

“The sexual battery counts were the result of Mettenberger grabbing the breasts and touching the buttocks of the victim,”

Now THAT on the other hand gets him off any list of mine. I don't want a sexual predator on the Browns like the Steelers have in tiny ben. NO THANKS. If you can't comprehend no MEANS no EVERY SINGLE TIME. Then stay the hell off the Browns. Hell, I wouldn't let him in the league at ALL if it were up to me.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No...A college football player in his teens grabbed a girls butt??? OMG, the world is going to end.
Really bro? I'd say if we all got charged for grabbing a girls butt, then we'd all be in jail by now. He didn't rape her, he grabbed her butt. Overreact much?

Legend
Legend
An underaged guy got drunk, and got handys.

And little different then having your bodyguard keep people out of a room while you have your way with someone..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

I don't know the NFL specifics, but 2 things come to mind here:

(1) I would be surprised if a single diluted sample triggers a failure. It would likely lead the NFLPA to uproar against it. Now, the draftees are not yet part of the NFLPA, but I think they would have their back here as we are talking about losing potentially millions of dollars (draft slide especially after Blackmon).

(2) We don't know for sure that it was a diluted sample. The NFL cannot officially state much on these things. I think it is likely (as much as they shouldn't, if enough athletes lied this way, I think they would leak the truth).

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Nothing to back this up but I just thought that a diluted sample would make the test a failure, as in the sample was not good enough for the test.

Bad sample = failure.

That makes more sense to me than a diluted sample triggering a "positive" result.

#gmstrong
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

And little different then having your bodyguard keep people out of a room while you have your way with someone..

I have a few questions. A, were they talking, drinking, etc. together and he read a sign wrong or was she some random girl he walked up to and grabbed her butt? B, did she tell him to quit, and if so did he continue or stop? and Finally C, how in the hell is this like doing what Ben did? Mettenberger did something that I'd say most men have done at one point or another. Got a buzz on and touched grabbed a girls butt.
Smartest decision in the world? No, but the dude is a teenage college kid. If this is the worst thing he did, I could deal with it as I'd say most if not all the players in the NFL at some point did something similar. The biggest difference is, this girl took offense to it. Now if she asked him to stop and he continued to touch her...well there I have an issue and wouldn't want him on my team.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Are you being serious right now? I can't really tell.

The dude is banned from the town, he is on probation for 2 years and is forbidden to drink AT ALL under court order.

You think he just "got handsy"....alright bro, I got a bridge I have for sale, how much money do you have saved?

Then he comes in with a diluted urine test, while under court order not to drink. Come on man...

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 10 Draftees Fail Drug Tests

Link Copied to Clipboard