Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I don't think this is going to go over very well. . .

Legend
Legend
I despise, loath, abhor, hate, and am repulsed by this pick.

What an idiotic pick. We don't need an OL .... so we take an OL.

I take back a lot of the good I said about Farmer. This was a stupid, wasted pick.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
U
All Pro
All Pro
U
Surprised not a receiver.

BUT... Bitonio is a versatile OL that can play either OG or OT and is a perfect fit for Shanahan's zone-blocking scheme. He's nasty too!

And WR is the deepest position in this draft, and I suspect we'll see a trade up to mid-second to pick a WR, maybe using a pick from next year.

Browns certainly can't be accused of overreacting to the Gordon news!

EDIT: I also think the OL talent drop off from pick 35 to 71 will be greater than the WR talent drop off in that same span. Browns looking like they're gonna be run first!

Last edited by urbrowns; 05/09/14 07:27 PM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Fine by me. I don't want them to get someone on their board who was a reach for need.

The Heckert and Holmgren busts are gone let's build the team over the next two years. No one was replacing Gordon's production anyway.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Legend
Legend
did nobody tell farmer about Gordon?

Legend
Legend
LOVE Bitonio

Absolute stud

But we need a WR

Legend
Legend
Everyone said how deep this draft is in receivers, maybe they have someone else eyed they can pick up later.

#GMSTRONG
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I'm fine with it. You draft for long-term at #35, not in panic over a suspension.

RT or probably move him inside? He should be flexible for depth.

We can get a WR later, or try a trade. San Fran just got a proven starter for a 4th round pick. We don't need to risk #35 on a rookie.

F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F
I am fine with this pick. I believe we needed to get one O-Lineman in this draft and we got one here. He can play G or RT.

Legend
Legend
He will probably play right guard

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
So we have Hawkins, Little, Burleson, Cooper, Gurley, Benjamin, Johnson, and Vernon on the roster at receiver.

Not so good.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I take back a lot of the good I said about Farmer. This was a stupid, wasted pick.

Quote:

Bitonio is a versatile OL that can play either OG or OT and is a perfect fit for Shanahan's zone-blocking scheme. He's nasty too!

Edit- Can't quote

Kid is a stud

Last edited by candyman92; 05/09/14 07:28 PM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Excellent pick, this guy is a nasty stud.

JC notwithstanding I love this pick

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
B
Legend
Legend
B
I love it....stick to the board....screw Josh.....I am not going to panick because he isn't a team player.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Waste of a pick. We should have taken Lee, or even Hyde, before wasting a high pick on a Guard.

No wonder we seem to be eternally stuck in a morass of torment and misery. This draft should have been about adding a QB, DBs, and weapons. I hate this pick. Hate it.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He'll play guard. A badly needed position. I am so glad to see these guys get it right.

A wide receiver should be next to take Gordon's place. I wouldn't be surprised to see Farmer move back up into the 2nd to get one.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Exactly! Farmer and Co. aren't at fault for the H & H mistakes like Gordon.....screw him and build the team that they want. You aren't going to replace Gordon in this draft anyway.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

We needed a guard so we got a day one starter, good pick for this scheme. even though we really need a WR now.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F
Quote:

Waste of a pick. We should have taken Lee, or even Hyde, before wasting a high pick on a Guard.

No wonder we seem to be eternally stuck in a morass of torment and misery. This draft should have been about adding a QB, DBs, and weapons. I hate this pick. Hate it.

Calm down dude. I am concerned about our WR depth right now and I'm wondering if we're going to pick one at any point, but I don't see this as a waste of a pick. Reports say that Bitonio is a team player and leadership material. Sounds good to me.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

We needed to address the offensive line.

We just invested heavily in a QB.

A
aej Offline
Rookie
Rookie
A
you build teams from the inside out. they cant help that gordon is stupid or a loser. Kid doesn't learn very well. they will get a wr, most likely move up to get him but they are going to make this a tough ass team with the oline and dline tough as nasty. This is a great move to move him to rt, and move swartz into the guard spot. Bitonio has a good mind, good feet and much quicker and under 5 on the 40

Legend
Legend
Quote:

We must be looking at different OLs... before the Gordon news broke I thought our next biggest need was OL... I think it's a good pick... best OL still on the board and this draft is crazy deep with WR... we'll get a WR next.

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Lee is overrated and we don't need to be wasting a pick this high on Hyde. Bitonio is a great pick here. We need huge help inside on the line, that's where he'll play.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I love Bitonio and think he was the best guard fit for the Browns in the draft.

I would have killed for Lee, but they must not like his knee.

Plenty, PLENTY of WR'ers still out there. Moncrief, Mathews, Robinson...that's just the tip of the iceberg.

you had a good run Hank.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

You've already posted this once. How many times do you have to post your arrogant "I know better than everyone" comments?

I love the pick all the more after seeing these posts. I hope Farmer sticks to HIS board and his picks.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Waste of a pick. We should have taken Lee, or even Hyde, before wasting a high pick on a guard

So we should have taken a WR with serious medical concerns or a RB who doesn't fit our scheme AT ALL?

All Pro
All Pro
Happy with an OL pick. Been beating the OL drum for years.
Still want Hyde.
I will get over the other fiasco going on right now.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
Legend
Legend
I know that we have been looking to replace Schwartz since this regime came in, but I don't get why. He was a very good player as a rookie in the ZBS/WCO.

I loved Farmer's 1st pick. I thought that his 2nd pick was a solid move to get a QB, though I still have concerns about Manziel. This pick, I don't like.

I guess that Little can play WR1 next year.

What a mess.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

I know that we have been looking to replace Schwartz since this regime came in, but I don't get why. He was a very good player as a rookie in the ZBS/WCO.

They aren't replacing Schwartz. Bitonio is a pro bowl level guard.

you had a good run Hank.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I think it has more to do with replacing Lava and Pinkston.

Legend
Legend
I don't know ..... all they have been talking about is bringing in another Tackle .......

They drafted him as a Tackle.

I don't think that they like Schwartz at Tackle, and want to replace him.

We'll see. I still don't like dropping this many high draft picks on the OL. Other teams develop at least one low pick at Guard ..... but we need all 2nd round picks are above on ours. (plus one 3rd rounder we traded for in Greco)

C
1st String
1st String
C
They are thinking long term in regards to building the team.Thats why they passed on Watkins to begin with.They do want some playmakers on offense,but it's coming next year.I don't know about this guy,but from what they're saying he's a real nasty,and will come in handy when rushing.Not exactly what I was hoping for,but it may turn out great in hindsight

M
Legend
Legend
M
Bitonio can play anywhere....he could very well be one of our guards. I like the pick.

Hopefully this shuts up people complaining how we didn't address the line in the offseason. They're sticking to their board regardless of the need that just popped up because of Gordon.

Tackles are tackles.
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I think it has more to do with replacing Lava and Pinkston.

Yeah.

I really like the pick.

We invested heavily on a QB, and spent a little coin on RB and WR...definitely had to address the interior line.

Legend
Legend
I like it. Protect the QB you drafted last night.

We have more picks to address the need at WR now. And it's a deep draft at WR.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

We'll now you're just whining and not paying attention.

#gmstrong
C
1st String
1st String
C
Quote:

I don't know ..... all they have been talking about is bringing in another Tackle .......

They drafted him as a Tackle.

I don't think that they like Schwartz at Tackle, and want to replace him.

We'll see. I still don't like dropping this many high draft picks on the OL. Other teams develop at least one low pick at Guard ..... but we need all 2nd round picks are above on ours. (plus one 3rd rounder we traded for in Greco)

Oh yeah,they are not happy with Schwartz and neither am I.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Bitonio can play anywhere....he could very well be one of our guards. I like the pick.

Hopefully this shuts up people complaining how we didn't address the line in the offseason. They're sticking to their board regardless of the need that just popped up because of Gordon.

That's stupid though.

If my offense goes down in a plane crash, I'm taking offense in the draft, no matter what my board looks like.

Our WR corp just went down in a plane crash.

Man Lee would have been so damn good, even without Gordon. He could have been a big p[lay receiver for us, a #1 guy. I value that far more than a freakin' Guard.

Legend
Legend
If he starts opposite Greco (who we signed long term), we'll have a pretty good guard corp with Pinky and Gilkey as backups. Gilkey's still a question mark, but no more having to throw the likes of Oneil Cousins or St. Turnstile out there.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

This draft should have been about adding a QB, DBs, and weapons. I hate this pick. Hate it.

You got 2 out of 3 . We added 3 weapons in free agency, no picks required. Can't draft for need with the early picks. Have to think long-term and take chances at WR later. we can also explore trades/cuts for WR.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 Browns select Joel Bitonio with the 35th overall pick

Link Copied to Clipboard