Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I can't believe all of the excuses for Josh. How many chances can a guy get? how stupid do you have to be to ruin your, what was turning out to be very profitable career to get high? No one is to blame but Gordon.

Selfish, stupid, unbelievable.

While I am in agreement that Weed is legal in some states, it is not performance enhancing and it should be a legal drug. It's not, it's not legal in Ohio, it's not legal in the NFL and this guy knows this stuff, inside and out, probably more than any other player on our roster. If he were a 2nd string corner trying to make the roster everyone would want him cut.

He is likely to get a suspension and he deserves to be gone the entire year. Obviously I hope not, but if he weren't a high profile player, he would be done and would likely never get another shot.

What an idiot.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
4 games.

Too much potential money for the NFL in the "Manziel to Gordon" combo we could have for the NFL to suspend him for the year.

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

4 games.

Too much potential money for the NFL in the "Manziel to Gordon" combo we could have for the NFL to suspend him for the year.

On one hand I agree, on the other, Roger Goodell has been known to make a statement.

What happens when (I said when not if) his lifetime ban is here? Does he only get a year? What about after that? It's clear now, that the guy is never going to stop using drugs....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

It's clear now, that the guy is never going to stop using drugs....

You might be right.

But if the Browns start winning games and Manziel/Gordon are the faces of the franchise, there's enough money in that for the NFL to stop testing him though

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Would not surprise me Top !

Step one by the owners should be to replace Goodell , he is bad for football ..

Legend
Legend
I think we have very little hope, especially because the league basically lost the Sherman case and he went on to win a Super Bowl and earn a new contract.

Gordon's news was a big topic for the last few days, and the NFL doesn't want to have egg on its face again.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

4 games.

I hope it would only be for four games but my gut tells me that may very well only be wishful thinking. We shall see.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Would not surprise me Top !

Step one by the owners should be to replace Goodell , he is bad for football ..

Dude, Goodell is only doing what the owners ask of him. You really think he's running their league without their input and control? The owners vote on policy and let Goodell implment it, and then he gets killed in the media and by fans. It's the perfect setup for the owners. He gets the heat, nobody questions him.

As for Gordon, I'd be shocked if he plays a single down this year. I was one of those people that didn't trust him and figured it was only a matter of time before he slipped up. And here we are, talking about him missing a full year. I think he's done. If you can't keep off the weed when you're in Stage 3 of the substance abuse policy, then you're a waste of a roster spot.

I read and reread the LaCanfora comments about him potentially not missing the season, I think he was just commenting about how there's a chance that something could happen in the appeal, but doesn't know anything more than we do. I wouldn't get excited at all.

Heck, even if there is some loophole to find and he ends up playing the season, Josh still smoked and took the risk.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
First off , I'm to old to be called Dude .... Goodell has his own agenda when it comes to how the NFL should proceed on certain matters .. his attitude and the way he presents himself to the fan base doesn't help either . Ideas like moving the draft back even further into May and having a four day draft just pie on .. And the list goes on.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
And Goodell nets about 40 mil a year. Win. Win. Win.

I still think Josh might get off completely. We'll see though. Until then it's just the waiting game with not even rookie minicamps to distract us.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

First off , I'm to old to be called Dude .... Goodell has his own agenda when it comes to how the NFL should proceed on certain matters .. his attitude and the way he presents himself to the fan base doesn't help either . Ideas like moving the draft back even further into May and having a four day draft just pie on .. And the list goes on.

Nobody is ever too old to be called "dude". But sorry.

He moved the draft back because Radio City Music Hall was booked. He didn't do it because he's an evil villain. And even if he did, that would have to be cleared by the owners. He's their lackey. A very powerful lackey.

I agree he comes off as a d-bag, but he's not running the league without the owners. It's their league, not his.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
J/C

Has there been an official announcement? I thought this was all hearsay at this point? I know where there is smoke there is fire, but I am waiting before I freak out.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

J/C

Has there been an official announcement? I thought this was all hearsay at this point? I know where there is smoke there is fire, but I am waiting before I freak out.

Interesting question.

I thought the policy was that its supposed to be private until the league suspends him. Nobody should know at this point except the league, the Browns and Josh.

But as of now, nothing has been announced by the league. And once they do an officiall appeal will be made and that will take up to a month or more. So who knows when we'll actually know his true fate. I wouldn't hold your breath.

[Linked Image]

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I genuinely don't understand why people dislike Goodell.

Think of him as a robot. He responds to lawsuits and market incentives like any other CEO of a business. It is silly to be angry at a robot.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Josh was on The Herd this morning...

did anybody get a chance to listen to what he said/was asked?

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Legend
Legend
Hey,, innocent until proven guilty.. What ever happened to that?

Anyway, if I were to guess, he's gonna get banned for some period of time. the rules aren't clear to me so I can't say with any certainty for how long. but I'm pretty confident he will get some punishment.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Think of him as a robot. He responds to lawsuits and market incentives like any other CEO of a business. It is silly to be angry at a robot.

I agree. I have no feelings about him one way or another.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

It's never applied to the court of public opinion.

Legend
Legend
Ryan Clark says a bunch of Steelers teammates smoke pot.

Josh Gordon gets suspended for the year.

Yay NFL.

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Quote:

Quote:

Nobody is ever too old to be called "dude". But sorry.

He moved the draft back because Radio City Music Hall was booked. He didn't do it because he's an evil villain. And even if he did, that would have to be cleared by the owners. He's their lackey. A very powerful lackey.

I agree he comes off as a d-bag, but he's not running the league without the owners. It's their league, not his.

Radio City Music Hall is a business, part of being a successful business is looking after your top clients. When you have a major client like the NFL, you don't go ahead and book out there perennial spot unless you were told too.

There's too much to lose not looking after a client like the NFL.

When Goodell said the RCMH was booked he was lying. The NFL want to ring every once of PR out of the draft.

Mark Cuban might of been right in stating, over-saturation is not always positive for a professional league.

I know ratings were up huge, day one, but I'm not sure what the ratings were on day 2 & 3.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Radio City Music hall has much larger events than the NFL draft. I don't think they would be hurting if the NFL moved their 4 day event elsewhere.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

+1

Want to know.

[Linked Image]

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Yay NFL.

that pretty much sums it up.

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

There are some things to dislike but overall I think he's doing well.

I know it sounds like sour grapes, but I don't understand how Gordon misses a year for pot, while Ray Rice beat his girlfriend at the time, then dragged her through a lobby, all of which was caught on video, and he'll be available week 1. I think they need to rethink their system.

I also don't understand this push for football in Europe when you have serious issues with attendance in many NFL cities.

I think he's doing well with addressing safety concerns, and the well-being of these players down the line, although I think more needs to be done for the men who have long been retired. That's another knock on him.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Yay NFL.

Big Ben raped 2 women and got 4 games. That's 2 games per girl.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yay NFL.

That just shows the Steeler players are smart enough to fool the testing. There a many ways to fool the test if you know what to do and you are prepared. Drug testing doesn't bust 100% of the pot users.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Yay NFL.

Did they fail drug tests?

There is so much going on here and its a speculation and hearsay.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yay NFL.

If you're not in the Substance Abuse Program, I thought the players only get tested once a year.

If you're in the Subtance Abuse Program, you get randomly tested all the time.

Moral of the story, don't get yourself into the SAP.

[Linked Image]

E
Legend
Legend
E
yeah I don't get the booing for Goodell either???
As for moving back the draft...the draft in 2014 pulled higher ratings than World Series, NBA Championships and blew away previous draft years.

Gordon and it being official? Well when throughout of the day 2 of the draft the NFL NETWORK has it streaming on the bottom of their screen I would think that it was official.

Now is there a mistake? Is there a retest? Is this one of those dilution failures??? I don't know. I assumed he was suspended Indefinitely if he is found to be a drug test failure.

4 games would benefit us in the fact that he will play 12 games and then we can trade him with some data.

Pot not as harmful as other drugs but also I know first hand from a lot of people I knew in college. Not one was unable to stop cold turkey when they made up their minds to become something else beside a Space Cadet...and this includes the one guy from Massachusetts nick named SPACE MAN! Which brings us to Gordon.

He made a clear choice - Play for the Browns, play for the NFL, play for us the fans...OR SMOKE WEED. He made his choice (still to be proven) if and when proven he is dirt to me. Would only hope to get him some reps and then trade him to somebody who is looking for that one year maybe missing link for their championship. We will take the 2-4 th round pick instead. If this is truly a failed test he should not be a Brown for long.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

That doesn't mean we can't disagree with him vehemently. I still dislike him for what he did to celebrations. It added spice to the game, made things more personal.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

J/C

Tony Grossi said we should hear something by June

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Did you see this anywhere? I searched for it and couldn't find anything.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

Did you see this anywhere? I searched for it and couldn't find anything.

Are they sure it wasn't just one of his bits from last week? All the way up until a few hours before the news hit, Gordon was doing interviews with ESPN about the draft and Manziel...

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

dilution failures

what is that?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Quote:

yeah I don't get the booing for Goodell either???
As for moving back the draft...the draft in 2014 pulled higher ratings than World Series, NBA Championships and blew away previous draft years.

Gordon and it being official? Well when throughout of the day 2 of the draft the NFL NETWORK has it streaming on the bottom of their screen I would think that it was official.

Now is there a mistake? Is there a retest? Is this one of those dilution failures??? I don't know. I assumed he was suspended Indefinitely if he is found to be a drug test failure.

4 games would benefit us in the fact that he will play 12 games and then we can trade him with some data.

Pot not as harmful as other drugs but also I know first hand from a lot of people I knew in college. Not one was unable to stop cold turkey when they made up their minds to become something else beside a Space Cadet...and this includes the one guy from Massachusetts nick named SPACE MAN! Which brings us to Gordon.

He made a clear choice - Play for the Browns, play for the NFL, play for us the fans...OR SMOKE WEED. He made his choice (still to be proven) if and when proven he is dirt to me. Would only hope to get him some reps and then trade him to somebody who is looking for that one year maybe missing link for their championship. We will take the 2-4 th round pick instead. If this is truly a failed test he should not be a Brown for long.

jmho

I agree Eo.

If you'd rather smoke pot than play football, and not to mention, RISK letting the entire organization down from Jimmy Haslam all the way to the fans (and his family); then that is someone I don't want on my football team. I would only want him back after he attended an extended rehab facility and received extensive drug and alcohol counseling because obviously this guy can't put the bowl down on his own. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me HOW MANY TIMES NOW? Screw you.

Bill Polian explains it best when he talks about these kind of guys and how the Colts approached it when he was the CEO there. They remove these guys completely from their draft board.

Is it possible that we had removed Sammy Watkins from ours??

I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

Either way Ray Farmer went with the #4 pick, he was in a lose/lose situation in regards to how the media and fans were going to grade this draft.
A.) We draft Watkins and as soon as the news broke about Gordon, Farmer would be questioned for adding another player to the WR Corps who has a previous arrest for pot.
B.) Draft Mike Evans and many experts would say he reached.
C.) Draft Manziel and we reached.
D.) Draft any other position besides QB or WR and we didn't take a position of need or the best player. Even if it was Khalil Mack.
E.) Draft a WR any later than Round 1 and they aren't likely to immediately have an impact on the football team and then we wouldn't have ended up with potentially one of Top 5 offensive lines in the NFL if Joel Bitonio is as advertised and Charley Casserly (as much as I think he is clueless) has already predicted on NFL.com that Terrance West will end up beating out Ben Tate for the #1 RB spot.

You have to ask yourself if you are in Ray Farmer's shoes. Is Sammy Watkins (who has a previous arrest for pot) or Mike Evans worth 2 first round draft picks? If the answer is no, then we did the right thing by trading that pick away. Once those 2 came off the board, I'm sure that Farmer had some WR's graded highly, but he obviously had the guys that we drafted otherwise graded higher, and I think they all can and will contribute to this team, but only time will tell.

I read an article today from I CBS Sports or the ESPN Blog (I don't remember) where it was stated that sources say that the FO had their fingers crossed that Mike Evans was going to drop to them at 9 when they made the trade with the Bills, but either way, they had he and Gilbert rated almost identically so they were still ecstatic w/ who they got.

I loved how Farmer asked the media at his closing presser, "How many of Seattle's WR's were even drafted?" and then everyone stumbled. Someone mentioned Percy Harvin to which Farmer stated, "Yeah and he missed a large portion of the season." Then he went on to say how there are plenty of ways that we can address the "Supposed" need for a WR in many ways if we wish to whether it is via trade, cuts, UDFA, etc.

I like the UDFA WR's we picked up. I think might have gotten the best UDFA's out of all them to sign w/ us. They know that they will get a great opportunity here; and YES, Manziel does attract more talent to want to come here. WR's want to play for Johnny Football.

I still say the wild card is in Greg Little. This guy was projected to be a great WR but we have to remember that he was also somewhat of a developmental pick because he was a RB converted to WR and had missed some time with a suspension for accepting money from a booster or something. This is the year - in all reality - that he was expected to really blossom. So maybe we can coach him up and he can become consistent. I dunno.

JMHO
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

J/C

Tony Grossi said we should hear something by June

Not for nothin, but Grossi also said that up to 10 seconds before the pick, Bridgewater was on the card LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Anyway, if I were to guess, he's gonna get banned for some period of time. the rules aren't clear to me so I can't say with any certainty for how long. but I'm pretty confident he will get some punishment.

Not for nothing - but, ya think so?

Captain Obvious strikes again.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

THANK YOU!!!

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
I was thinking about something yesterday, when someone at my Church was talking about having a pot luck dinner ........

Maybe Josh got invited to a pot luck .... and misunderstood? *groan* Yeah ..... I know ....

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I was thinking about something yesterday, when someone at my Church was talking about having a pot luck dinner ........

Maybe Josh got invited to a pot luck .... and misunderstood? *groan* Yeah ..... I know ....

Go to your room. No soup for you!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Faces Year-Long Suspension Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard