Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Oh I agree that's what they do. But saying that it's a random drug test based on being accused is an out and out lie.

My understanding of random drug testing is that when you become an employee and that's the company policy, then most likely you signed off on it giving them permission as part of your overall agreement.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh I'm quite aware that when you deal with a company, full disclosure and complete honesty are only things you can hope for, but not expect.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

He will face a penalty similar to last year, with a 2 game suspension, and a loss of 4 game checks.

So they are going to make him play 2 games for free?

yebat' Putin
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
He did last year.

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
What bothers me is that if you smoke weed you get suspended for a year and possibly more. If you stab someone, or you are on video tape grabbing your girlfriend by the hair and beating her down the league doesn't have anything to do with that. I guess what I'm trying to say is yes Gordon was wrong it's an illegal drug but it's not like he stabbed anyone at a dance club in Atlanta (Ray Lewis) or beat a woman up (Ray Rice) which in my mind is 100 times worse than smoking some weed or having a few beers.

Just hope it's 8 games and he doesn't get caught again or learns how to beat the system.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

What bothers me is that if you smoke weed you get suspended for a year and possibly more. If you stab someone, or you are on video tape grabbing your girlfriend by the hair and beating her down the league doesn't have anything to do with that. I guess what I'm trying to say is yes Gordon was wrong it's an illegal drug but it's not like he stabbed anyone at a dance club in Atlanta (Ray Lewis) or beat a woman up (Ray Rice) which in my mind is 100 times worse than smoking some weed or having a few beers.

Just hope it's 8 games and he doesn't get caught again or learns how to beat the system.

Ray was not convicted of stabbing anyone, NFL can't punish him if the Law didn't punish him.

Ray Rice has yet to be convicted of anything so again the NFL can't do anything to him.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The changes to the pot policy would not only increase the threshold for a positive test.....

It's nice to see that we're going to have an acceptable level of highness.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Pacman was suspended for a whole year before ever being convicted of anything.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Oh I'm quite aware that when you deal with a company, full disclosure and complete honesty are only things you can hope for, but not expect.

You can suspect anything, proving it is another problem altogether.

There is the problem.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Ray was not convicted of stabbing anyone, NFL can't punish him if the Law didn't punish him.

Ray Rice has yet to be convicted of anything so again the NFL can't do anything to him.

Ben Roethlisberger wasn't convicted.. I will give you that the NFL generally likes to let the legal process play out before implementing their own punishment, but they absolutely will suspend you even if the law says you didn't do anything...

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Ben Roethlisberger wasn't convicted.. I will give you that the NFL generally likes to let the legal process play out before implementing their own punishment, but they absolutely will suspend you even if the law says you didn't do anything...

Yes they will, however as someone brought up Pacman, in those cases you have to have repeat issues. If those issues are constant and put the league in a bad light then yes they will suspend you.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Yes they will, however as someone brought up Pacman, in those cases you have to have repeat issues. If those issues are constant and put the league in a bad light then yes they will suspend you.

Well Gordon had three failed tests in the NCAA and if this report is true, at least two fails in the NFL. I believe that would fall in the category of "repeat".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
If they do change the rule I also wonder what will happen with Blackmon. But rumors are he's completely fell off the wagon.

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If they do change the rule I also wonder what will happen with Blackmon. But rumors are he's completely fell off the wagon.

From what I read it won't be retroactive, so Josh won't be off the hook regardless.

Legend
Legend
Off the hook, no, But I have this feeling he's not going to get the full year suspension..

Weather it be the NFL wanting the JM/JG connection, or them actually logically thinking about how much pot really effects a football player, who knows..

But if Hoyer gets named starter, and then Gordon is suspended for a year...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Well Gordon had three failed tests in the NCAA and if this report is true, at least two fails in the NFL. I believe that would fall in the category of "repeat".

Wait, if it's 2 in the NFL, why are they thinking it will be a 1 year suspension? If I read the rules right, 2 gets you an 8 game suspension. 3 gets you a year.

either I don't have the rules right or the number of failed tests is wrong.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
They count his College stuff as #1.

Legend
Legend
I honestly don't think the NFL wanting JF/JG is going to get him a reduction.. if they reduce it going forward, I think he has a decent chance on appeal to negotiate it down a bit.. but that's it.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm no fan of how the NFL tends to treat the Browns vs other higher-popularity teams, but I honestly don't think Hoyer has anything to do with it.

Gordon popped a failed test when the more stringent rules were in effect. From what we're hearing, there probably won't be very much area for interpretation.

Now, this revamping of the pot rules should give Gordon's camp some leeway to negotiate his punishment down. I'm hoping for something between 1/4 and 1/2 of the season, and even better if it's like last year where some of his games are just him giving up game checks.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
The thing is.

If he REALLY DID fail another test because of Pot, and not some stupid diluted sample stuff..

He needs help. Or he's just ganna do it again.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wait, if it's 2 in the NFL, why are they thinking it will be a 1 year suspension? If I read the rules right, 2 gets you an 8 game suspension. 3 gets you a year.

either I don't have the rules right or the number of failed tests is wrong.

Gordon has failed three drug tests since entering the NFL.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

You can suspect anything, proving it is another problem altogether.

There is the problem.

Exactly. It's not what you think, or even what you know. It's what you can prove.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam declined to confirm that Josh Gordon failed another drug test and is facing indefinite suspension, but indicated the team will stand by him.

"Josh is learning and growing and improving as a person,'' Haslam said during a speech to 500 fans at a Pro Football Hall of Fame luncheon club event. "He's learning how to work hard. He's learning how to be a professional. Josh is a smart young man. All of us have made mistakes when we were that age. We're counting on Josh being a good football player for the Browns for a long time to come.

"We spend a lot of time with all of our core players and Josh is obviously one of those. We have all spent a lot of time talking to Josh and I'm not going to comment on the situation but I'll say this, but I've been very pleased with his professional growth over the last year and the way he handles himself.''

I am liking the Browns less and less as time goes on. Just about done.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Now you're just teasing us.....

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam declined to confirm that Josh Gordon failed another drug test and is facing indefinite suspension, but indicated the team will stand by him.

"Josh is learning and growing and improving as a person,'' Haslam said during a speech to 500 fans at a Pro Football Hall of Fame luncheon club event. "He's learning how to work hard. He's learning how to be a professional. Josh is a smart young man. All of us have made mistakes when we were that age. We're counting on Josh being a good football player for the Browns for a long time to come.

"We spend a lot of time with all of our core players and Josh is obviously one of those. We have all spent a lot of time talking to Josh and I'm not going to comment on the situation but I'll say this, but I've been very pleased with his professional growth over the last year and the way he handles himself.''

Buffalo?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I don't know why that is.

V
Legend
Legend
V
No one. I wouldn't root for another team.

It just bothers me that we seem to have very little character. I love football and will always watch football. I'll watch high school games. I have been watching more and more college games. I can watch pro games and enjoy the talent.

I don't know............I'm just turned off by what is transpiring w/the Browns. Here is an example..................why didn't Haslam back Bess? LOL man...........I would say his problems are more severe than Gordon's, yet Haslam and the Browns threw him to the curb, yet he is backing Gordon---even though he has messed up more times than Bess. It's not about being a forgiving, good guy...................it's about "we don't care what you do as long as you help us win games."

Lack of character on part of our organization. I would be better if they shunned both or helped both, rather than pick and choose and then pretend you are doing it for the right reasons.

Legend
Legend
Bess seemed to be a lot crazier than josh... Maybe because of the way josh has interacted with jimmy is why jimmy is showing him more support.... I do agree with you that any owner would show more love to a star vs a role player.... But bess Seemed of be pretty screwed up and unfixable....

<><

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

It just bothers me that we seem to have very little character. I love football and will always watch football. I'll watch high school games. I have been watching more and more college games. I can watch pro games and enjoy the talent.

I don't know............I'm just turned off by what is transpiring w/the Browns. Here is an example..................why didn't Haslam back Bess? LOL man...........I would say his problems are more severe than Gordon's, yet Haslam and the Browns threw him to the curb, yet he is backing Gordon---even though he has messed up more times than Bess. It's not about being a forgiving, good guy...................it's about "we don't care what you do as long as you help us win games."

Lack of character on part of our organization. I would be better if they shunned both or helped both, rather than pick and choose and then pretend you are doing it for the right reasons.

It's called "life" vers. Good bad or indifferent, it's called life in the the world we live in: Follow the money. That will get you the answers.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Exactly. That is why he is the one that actually needs more support.

Gordon's actions are due more to selfishness rather than personal issues.

I think it is more noble to help people w/legitimate issues rather than those whose problems are caused by their own selfish actions.

Don't you?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If Bess was the league leading WR last year Haslem would back him too.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
We're a football team first, not a group therapy session.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I know. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

Let me give you an example. A few people know this. I made them promise to secrecy because I didn't want any freaking sympathy from those who dislike me.

I have a tumor in my neck.

Going in for surgery next week. Have to go to Nashville, TN because no one can do it in my area. It's life threatening.

I have known about it for quite some time and it was confirmed on Feb. 19th. They wanted to schedule surgery immediately. I postponed it until May 19th--20th. Why? Because I wanted to keep teaching my kids until our end of grade tests were over and then spend one week w/them to celebrate how much we have learned. My family was furious w/me. The risk has increased w/the passage of time.

You know why I put it off, arch? Because it was the right freaking thing to do. I put others before myself.

Does that make sense to you? Do you see the connection to what I am talking about w/Haslam/Gordon/Bess?

And I still don't want your sympathy. I will just say that if you don't ever read me again, well................surgery didn't go so well.

On a positive note, I am confident that things will go well and I will be back soon to irritate, anger, and annoy all of my brothers and sisters that populate this board.

Peace!

1st String
1st String
Hope that things do go well for you my friend. Sorry about the tumor. Harass me all you want LOL!

BTW, you can always agree to disagree with things!

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Quote:

Wonder how much that lack of backing for Bess was Banner vs Haslam. I think Haslam's involvement has noticing increased since Banner was shown the door. I don't know what would have happened if Bess had his issues post the Banner era.

With that said, the NFL is a business and you bet the reason we may support Gordon is because we think he could still have value to us. The NFL isn't a charity organization and it really isn't a "family". These players get paid MILLIONS... including Bess. I will shed no tears.

Legend
Legend
I hope that everything goes well for you Vers. (even though you can be a real pain in the neck sometimes)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck Vers!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Bye Bye

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bye Bye

Hmmmm

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I have a tumor in my neck.

Going in for surgery next week. Have to go to Nashville, TN because no one can do it in my area. It's life threatening.

vers...I hope all goes well for you next week in Nashville, with a quick and complete recovery!

...good luck, woof

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Faces Year-Long Suspension Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard