Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
O
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
O
I know some bright guys on this board believe we would have been much better off with Teddy.

As stated many times before, I am sick of this!

Good Riddence!

And, don't forget the glove this time.

Teddy Bridgewater: Cleveland wasn’t where I wanted to be

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 13, 2014, 1:34 PM EDT

AP
New Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was reportedly under consideration for Cleveland with the 22nd pick in the draft before Minnesota took him with the 32nd pick. Bridgewater is fine with dropping 10 picks later.

Bridgewater said on the Dan Patrick Show that he’s thrilled to play for the Vikings, more so than he would have been with the Browns.

“I actually told my agent that that’s not the place where I wanted to be,” Bridgewater said of Cleveland. “Throughout this entire process, I felt comfortable with the Minnesota Vikings. From every visit I had with the team, it was a family environment, the players are great guys, a great group of guys, so I felt comfortable wanting to play here.”

Despite reports that the Browns spent $100,000 on an analytical study of quarterbacks that told them Bridgewater was the best in this year’s draft class, and despite reports that the Browns drafted Manziel only because owner Jimmy Haslam ordered it, the football people in Cleveland have consistently insisted that Manziel was the guy they wanted. And apparently that’s just fine with Bridgewater.

O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
Yeah, I guess Teddy has less class than I thought to put that out there in public. Will be funny if he crashes and burns and JFF doesn't. I guess I just don't see why he would throw that out there when it doesn't benefit him in any way.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense.

I'd have to listen to the context, but Patrick usually doesn't bait guys like that.

Legend
Legend
I put the link to the podcast in the other thread about this. there was no baiting and no follow up question.

O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
Yeah, exactly my thoughts. Granted I haven't listened to the audio yet but like you said Patrick doesn't normally operate in a way to get guys to say stuff like that so it would seem Teddy just offered it up.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Wow Vers needs to see this. Me and him pumped up Teddy more than anybody probably. No matter how good I thought he could be if his heart wasn't in it then glad to see he didn't come here. Eating crow gladly. Usually there's no way to know where a prospect wanted to go. Can't believe he came out and said that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Who cares. He didn't say it until the draft was over and he was already a Viking. I guess he could have said he wish the Browns had drafted him and he's sad he fell to the Vikings.

I'm sure it was every draftee's wish to be drafted by a team that's had 3 HC's and 3 GM's in less than three calendar years.

I heard the interview and don't really see anything wrong with what he said. Had we of drafted him I'm sure he would have said he was happy to be a Brown and played his heart out here just as he will in Minnesota.

People sure do try hard to make an issue where one really doesn't exist.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Uh, no. You don't say things like that in public unless you have no class. Why defend the comment? Is it a huge deal? No... but it shows a little bit of the type of guy he is and that little bit is not good.

Curious to see what other things this kid says in the future. Something tells me this what be the last time we see his name linked to some bone headed "public" comment.

O
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
O
Quote:

Who cares. He didn't say it until the draft was over and he was already a Viking. I guess he could have said he wish the Browns had drafted him and he's sad he fell to the Vikings.

I'm sure it was every draftee's wish to be drafted by a team that's had 3 HC's and 3 GM's in less than three calendar years.

I heard the interview and don't really see anything wrong with what he said. Had we of drafted him I'm sure he would have said he was happy to be a Brown and played his heart out here just as he will in Minnesota.

People sure do try hard to make an issue where one really doesn't exist.

Pitt

I will always, ALWAYS have an issue with a sports celebrity who disses Cleveland and their sports teams.

I will always have an issue with the bully, who for no reason, kicks people when their down. We've been down for a long time.

They can diss Cleveland, but we should feel bad if we have an issue with it?

The other night, La Danian went off about not wanting to go to Cleveland. That's fine. But, I will never, ever look at La Danian Tomlinson the same way again. I lost respect for him. He even had to come back and repeat it for effect. It was a horrible disrespect, that was totally unnecessary. It compounded all the Cleveland negativity on the television show and was very effective in making Cleveland look really bad. Then, he came back and repeated it for some unknown, definitely unnecessary reason.

A guy who tries to act like he is a classy guy and for no reason, no good reason, dumps on the City of Cleveland and its football organization. Every time I have to look at his face I will no longer see the guy who I thought he was. Don't like to call people names (except the leprechaun who is the most guilty guy alive concerning this topic), but La Danian and Teddy are jerks. Jerks.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Seriously?

So a team that's had 3 GM's and 3 HC's in less than three calendar years would be your dream destination given a choice?

If so, I've got some swamp land in Florida for you.

Sometimes looking through a microscope isn't a good thing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Is it a huge deal? No...

If it's not a huge deal as you say, then the rest of your points hold very little merit.

And in the end, we'll see which QB drafted ends up with the most media quotes that aren't seen as positive. Only on here the spin cycle will be in full operation.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Typical, Louisville Cardinal response.

That school is full of other teams players that were kicked off, low SAT test scores, etc...

It is right there with University of Cincinnati as Thug/Punk U.

I am glad we did not pick him.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Jc

Meh what QB wants to play for the Browns? The Browns and their fans eat QBs and spit out the bones.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P

Sorry, but until this one single comment, nobody has questioned Bridgewater's character, nobody. Can't say the same thing for the kid we drafted. Even though I believe most of that is exaggerated too.

You are a funny fellow.

Typical BS around here without merit.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Jc

Meh what QB wants to play for the Browns? The Browns and their fans eat QBs and spit out the bones.

Just like the owners have done with HC's and GM's. Sounds SO inviting for a kid in the draft doesn't it?

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I was po'd initially at TB for saying this but in retrospect it solidifies that the decision made by Farmer et al to draft JM over him.

Wah, Wah they had too many changes, oh dear the fan base and media are too tough for me,,,, PFFT good stay in Minnesota; if you aint got the heart or the stomach for my town, my team and the fans I love then I wont lose any sleep over it.

Hopefully we got the guy that will grab this town and team by the balls and drag it , kicking and screaming if need be, to success. Live in the past TB and his apologists... mistakes were made and corrected, that can not be denied nor changed ... but.. leadership has been put in place and things are turning.

I will relish the first time JM scores a TD and stands in front of the dawg pound rubbing his fingers and pound stands barking doing the same thing and I will not give TB a second thought.

PFFT, don't want to be here... glad your not now that we see your true colors

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Jc

Just like the owners have done with HC's and GM's. Sounds SO inviting for a kid in the draft doesn't it?

Maybe one of them should try not sucking.. that might help.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Classless

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I've been called worse.

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I follow the Kentucky Wildcats as my college team. Not saying Bridgewater is a bad kid but Louisville takes on quite a few players year after year that have been kicked off teams from BCS schools. Example Michael Dyer Auburns running back when they won the national title with Cam Newton. There have been many others.

I tried my hardest to not have any bias agaianst Bridgewater leading up to the draft because if my Browns would have drafted him I would have been all in with him as our QB. Now that the Browns did not sign him and he makes a idioitic comment he and Louisville are fair game with me again.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I was po'd initially at TB for saying this but in retrospect it solidifies that the decision made by Farmer et al to draft JM over him.

Wah, Wah they had too many changes, oh dear the fan base and media are too tough for me,,,, PFFT good stay in Minnesota; if you aint got the heart or the stomach for my town, my team and the fans I love then I wont lose any sleep over it.

Not sure how you reach your conclusions here. Firstly, AFTER you're drafted, how can you be whining? You aren't even there.

Secondly, having the ability and smarts NOT to be in a place where you see absolutely no continuity, isn't complaining or whining, but hoping you are drafted somewhere that gives you the best chance to succeed. No matter what Browns fans say or think, if you were on the outside looking in, being drafted to play here wouldn't be your first choice. To me, it's more those that blame a young man for seeing that, that are doing the whining here.

Quote:

Hopefully we got the guy that will grab this town and team by the balls and drag it , kicking and screaming if need be, to success.

Well we certainly all "hope that".

Quote:

mistakes were made and corrected, that can not be denied nor changed ... but.. leadership has been put in place and things are turning.

Once again it's something we all "hope for". But that's all it is to this point. There's nothing in the W/L column to confirm any of that yet.

Quote:

I will relish the first time JM scores a TD and stands in front of the dawg pound rubbing his fingers and pound stands barking doing the same thing and I will not give TB a second thought.

I will watch all the QB's in this draft class. I hope we drafted the best one available to us. If Manziel flops and Bridgewater succeeds, I will wish we would have drafted Bridgewater. If Manziel turns out to be our franchise QB, I will be glad he was drafted.

Quote:

PFFT, don't want to be here... glad your not now that we see your true colors

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Sorry, but until this one single comment, nobody has questioned Bridgewater's character, nobody. Can't say the same thing for the kid we drafted. Even though I believe most of that is exaggerated too.

You are a funny fellow.

Typical BS around here without merit.

pit...obviously, Bridgewater was just putting on a good act, trying to con the Browns fans into believing he would be happy to play for the Browns.

Here is Bridgewater, one of his first opportunities to speak to the media and he makes a point to go out of his way to diss the Browns, saying he's happy he didn't end up in Cleveland.

I'm glad Teddy spoke out, so all of his supporters could see what a huge mistake it would have been for the Browns to draft that disrespectful punk.

jmho...mac

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I follow the Kentucky Wildcats as my college team. Not saying Bridgewater is a bad kid but Louisville takes on quite a few players year after year that have been kicked off teams from BCS schools. Example Michael Dyer Auburns running back when they won the national title with Cam Newton. There have been many others.

I'm a Kentucky basketball fan myself and I know they have taken on some questionable characters. However, these QB's have all been put under the microscope through this even longer than usual draft process. While some fans somehow feel offended by Bridgewater's comments on a personal level, there has been nothing that would cast a bad light on his character.

Quote:

I tried my hardest to not have any bias agaianst Bridgewater leading up to the draft because if my Browns would have drafted him I would have been all in with him as our QB. Now that the Browns did not sign him and he makes a idioitic comment he and Louisville are fair game with me again.

So you already had a bias against Louisville before this and don't like Louisville players in general. Well that helps explain a lot.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
In case you missed it mac, most every highly projected draft pick does that to all teams drafting near the top of the draft.

I didn't think you were that naïve.

So IF Manziel ends up a bust and Bridgewater ends up being a franchise QB, will you still feel the same way?

That's what I find so comical. People make blatant statements before any of these QB's play out and we know who will be good and who won't. I thought what the fans wanted was a franchise QB in Cleveland. I didn't know that wearing their hearts on their sleeves rated higher on their priority list. I guess I was wrong.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Pit

Valid points.... But I look at this team and I don't want a QB that wants to feel warm and cozy, I want, we need someone to come in and flip it on it's ass.

I don't want him mollycoddled and I don't want him to walk on eggshells.

Take the bull by the horns and breath life into this moribund franchise.

and as far as TB goes... meh... I wasted enough time on him, he is just some other guy in the NFL, I hope neither succeeds or fails... unless we is playing the Browns.

#gmstrong

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Classless

Hey! That was an inappropriate response...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well that sure takes the sting out of not getting the QB I wanted.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Wel this will be interesting come the 2017 season..

Assuming both TB and JM are still in the league by then...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
Who cares what Bridgewater has to say? He is on the Vikings?

If this was one week ago I can understand the discussion. Now? Irrelevant.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

You still annoyed that it was GMDawg's name on the card, not yours?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
With GM's name on the card I figured they must have needed "The Fumigator".

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Way too funny...

C
1st String
1st String
C
Guess it was the water...oh well,good luck in Minnesota Fats.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

Bridgewaters proday followed by this? I'm pretty dang happy about Manziel.

I wanted to trade up to #1 for Bridge a few months ago. Pretty happy I'm not the GM right about now

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...reading between the lines...I don't really see it as an insult or anything...players have done this before...perhaps there's an underlying factor...like the Browns promised Bridgewater if he was available at #26 theyd grab him...he's probably mad they didn't...the Browns probably didn't expect Manziel to be around so close to their #26 pick...thus trade up for Manziel...that's what I see...Both were my top QBs...wish them both luck

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
JC

Teddy's comments remind me of every guy (myself included) that has been broken up with and throws out, "Yeah I was going to break up with her anyway."

To bad it didn't work out Teddy because I am sure many in Cleveland would have loved to have you.

Best of luck and I am hoping for a Browns/Vikings superbowl.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

JC

Teddy's comments remind me of every guy (myself included) that has been broken up with and throws out, "Yeah I was going to break up with her anyway."

To bad it didn't work out Teddy because I am sure many in Cleveland would have loved to have you.

Best of luck and I am hoping for a Browns/Vikings superbowl.

Lol perfectly stated +1

Legend
Legend
Quote:

That's it I'm trying to get signed as a free agent center for the Vikings right now. Hey Teddy walk up behind me and lower your face while I bend over

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

That's it I'm trying to get signed as a free agent center for the Vikings right now. Hey Teddy walk up behind me and lower your face while I bend over

well there goes my breakfast.... THANKS

#gmstrong

F
Legend
Legend
F
I don't have a problem with him not wanting to go to Cleveland.

But I thought Teddy was supposed to be an intellectual QB. One would think he could have chosen his words better.

In the NFL, you should never dis any team, one day you may only have that one team to choose from, to continue your career, and fans don't forget things too often.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 Cleveland wasn't where I wanted to be!

Link Copied to Clipboard