Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
That's a relief, Teddi. I can sleep now knowing you are in a happy place.

Hope we bust this guy when we get a chance. I am relieved he is not ours. Little too much cushy concern for him and his agent.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first thing that popped in my head...What if in a few years it doesn't work out in Minnesota for whatever reason and TB is looking for a new team? I bet his tune would change pretty quick if Cleveland was interested in singing a paycheck for him.
You can say you're happy about Minnesota without saying that you absolutely didn't want to play in Cleveland. Also, why in the world would you want to play in Minnesota. The only other playmaker on the team is a RB who if he isn't already on the decline is pretty daggone close.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

It is right there with University of Cincinnati as Thug/Punk U.

Easy now.....

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't have a problem with him not wanting to go to Cleveland.

But I thought Teddy was supposed to be an intellectual QB. One would think he could have chosen his words better.

In the NFL, you should never dis any team, one day you may only have that one team to choose from, to continue your career, and fans don't forget things too often.

Agreed. It's always smarter to just keep your mouth shut about other teams/players/coaches.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Me either, but for probably different reasons. I NEVER wanted him on the Browns. He's not getting me all riled up. I do feel badly for Minnesota fans though. They'll have to endure him for a few years.

He's this year's Geno Smith or Brandon Weeden, with only less talent.

Legend
Legend
Our bellies need to shrink anyway

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I wanted Jimmy G but of the top three it didn't matter. Did not want Carr.. But it look's like the vike;s wanted to jump us for Johnny..

The Minnesota Vikings failed to trade back into the first round to draft quarterback Johnny Manziel, but were able to jump back up to nab Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater.

How to watch the NFL draft

With the 2014 NFL Draft officially underway, find out how to catch all the action from Radio City Music Hall on NFL Network. More ...

NFL Media's Albert Breer reported Thursday that the Vikings tried to trade with the Philadelphia Eagles at No. 22 to draft Manziel, but the Cleveland Browns made a better offer. The Vikings rated the Texas A&M signal-caller as the top quarterback on their board, according to team sources.

It could be a failed trade that makes Vikings fans wince with every Fran Tarkenton-esque play Johnny Football makes in Cleveland.

"I was just able to establish relationships with Rick Spielman, the GM, coach (Norv) Turner, the offensive coordinator, and Scott (Turner), the quarterbacks coach," Bridgewater told NFL Media's Deion Sanders. "So I felt very comfortable that I was going to end up in Minnesota, someway, somehow."

General manager Rick Spielman could have taken Manziel at No. 9, but opted to give coach Mike Zimmer the talented, but raw, pass rusher Anthony Barr of UCLA. Perhaps Spielman was gun-shy after reaching for Christian Ponder in 2011.

In lieu of grabbing the flashy Manziel, Spielman sent a second-round pick (No. 40 overall) and a fourth-rounder (No. 108) to the Seattle Seahawks to close out the first round with Bridgewater.

Several teams believed that Bridgewater was the most NFL-ready quarterback, despite some question marks. His college tape was better than other quarterback prospects. Also, Adrian Peterson running the ball won't hurt a young quarterback one bit.

Bridgewater could take a proverbial redshirt season behind Matt Cassel as he learns Turner's offense.

The Vikings might have whiffed on Manziel, but Bridgewater was a great consolation prize for a franchise still trying to get over the missed Ponder pick.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Brigewater probably just felt that Ray and Pettine were saying the thought of taking him at 22 was hilariously wrong, instead of them saying that Haslam had anything to do with the draft was hilariously wrong. This is his way of getting even, most likely.

D
Legend
Legend
D
No class...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
WGARA?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I warned you dawgs on a previous q.b topic that T.B. was an egotistical idiot and got railed against for it now i guess my point was spot on and thank god we didnt take him

E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...
All I know is he is going to lead the league in QB FUMBLES

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
You are all so sure of yourselves.

We'll see.

Of course, these conversations never happened.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

I warned you dawgs on a previous q.b topic that T.B. was an egotistical idiot and got railed against for it now i guess my point was spot on and thank god we didnt take him

How exactly does being honest constitute being an egotistical idiot?

Fandom is a fickle thing.

Here's some more honesty...

If I were a player, short of Jacksonville, the very last place I would want to be drafted is by arguably the...THE...most dysfunctional organization in the entire NFL: The Cleveland Browns.

We as fans love the team. Incoming players don't, nor should they.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cleveland wasn't where I wanted to be....

....says the man who is bitter for being passed up twice and took Manziel.

The feeling is mutual, Teddy. Have fun playing outdoors in Minneapolis in December for the next 2 seasons.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
so...then go find a functional team then

F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F
Dear Teddy Bridgewater,

Have fun enduring the chilly winters up there in Minnesota with the Vikings. It's more north than Cleveland last I checked.

Signed,
Fox&Hound7

(Seriously: Keep dissing Cleveland and we'll use it as fuel to our fire.)

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

You're not that lucky. I was born a Browns fan, but players aren't stuck with such fates, and if every player who didn't want to be in Cleveland spoke up, there wouldn't be anyone for the fans to root for.

Now that we've moved that bit of idiocy out of the way, you couldn't be more wrong about Bridgewater. Granted, I understand that his honesty makes some fans want to throw their oatmeal off the lip of their high-chair, but I don't blame the guy for being honest. I welcome it. If more people were honest in the world it would be a better place.

Bridgewater's character is probably the least refutable part of his overall makeup.

I wonder if people have truly listened to the quote. He didn't say "I hate Cleveland." All he's noting is that Minny was where he was most comfortable.

I'm constantly amazed at how fans take quotes and run with'em...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

That was mature.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Shades of the Manning/Rivers saga....

I really don't care, but it would have been better for TB to keep commentary about another team out of the conversation altogether.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Agreed, at least until these kids...and in many ways they are still kids...learn how to better articulate thoughts and develop their filters. Afterall, at this very moment, we're seeing how intent can be formed into poorly-stated words, those words twisted, and finally misinterpreted and given a life of their own.

If people listen to the clip there's no ill-will behind them, sheesh. All he's doing is trying to bond and endear himself to his new organization. Too many unnecessary and misdirected pitchforks and venom...

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Quote:

But I thought Teddy was supposed to be an intellectual QB. One would think he could have chosen his words better.

In the NFL, you should never dis any team, one day you may only have that one team to choose from, to continue your career, and fans don't forget things too often.

Especially from a rookie QB who has proven nothing yet.

Sounds like as of right now, Teddy B. is the outspoken one while Johnny Manziel has said and done all of the right things since being drafted.

Can't wait until Teddy and Johnny play each other in an NFL game.

Payback Time Suckas!!!!

JMHO
Legend
Legend
Quote:

You are all so sure of yourselves.

We'll see.

Of course, these conversations never happened.

At the risk of being accused of following you around to argue with your viewpoints, I gotta say, this is the pot calling the kettle black.

You are the one that is "So sure of yourself"!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
I had him as the Overall #1 talent then I dissected why the bad work outs, why the drop from all the GMs. The only thing I could come up with is the ball not fitting in his hands.

Not football but I played baseball on a high level...one thing that set me above most was my arm. When I aged a bit and was a ringer for some softball teams even though my hand was not small. I could not throw the Softball nearly as well as the baseball. I had to have my hand perfectly relaxed or else it would pop out a little.

Although the measurement of his hand was not too alarming in small. It was his account of the inaccuracies during the workouts that sold the smallish hand effect in my thought process. I don't buy the weight thing.

Ergo my comments of the Fumbles...just a projection that can be over blown a bit but there is some problems a foot. Not drugs, Not smarts - has to be the grip. Also in my thinking he's going to play in freaking Freezing Minnesota. He gets hit I'm pretty sure that ball pops out of his hand. He squeezes the ball a tad and it will pop out in that cold, gloves or not.

jmho...sure? biased cause he ain't a Brown? probably a little of both. But it was a fear that emerged as I went from Teddy won't be a chance to will we draft him at 26? I was afraid of that the last week n up to the draft.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I thought I saw on espn tracker that he had an irregular heart beat at the combine? if that is the case maybe that was the reason for such a huge drop.

tradition can only carry you so far, then you have to start winning again.
P
Legend
Legend
P
If Maziel doesn't learn to protect the football instead of running with it away from his body, we may end up seeing a lot of fumbles from him.

I mean if you wish to look for a more obvious possibility of fumbles.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Teddy saying that was just sour grapes. He's mad we picked Manziel instead of him.

Saying what he did was just revenge for not picking him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The funny thing is, Manziel only fumbled 5 times in 2 seasons.

Bridgewater had 8 over the last two seasons, for what it's worth.

Legend
Legend
Heck, Mike Glennon had 13 fumbles just in his senior season. And he doesn't run and has huge hands.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/fumbles

E
Legend
Legend
E
I mean if you wish to look for a more obvious possibility of fumbles

Spit balls Pit - Spit Balls....lol

I watched a lot of his games last year and he got hit hard on some occasions...I was amazed that he got up unfazed but more amazed the ball didn't pop out. Big hands has a way of cutting down or small hands in raising the odds. I don't understand your variable of increasing the odds via playing Devils advocate. Both QBs will get hit. I understand about holding the ball out but take a look at him holding the ball out...incredible the none fumbles he had.

jmhobservations

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
I just believe the level of talent and players increased focus on stripping the ball in the NFL will play a much larger roll in proving that holding the ball away from your body on the run will equal a lot of fumbles.

Many things that work in the NCAA don't transfer well to the NFL. I'm not saying Manziel will be crushed in the NFL, however, he will be facing much more talented and much faster players at the NFL level.

What I am saying is that if he doesn't learn to tuck the ball away and keep it tucked to his body, he will face a problem in having the ball stripped away from him. This isn't Texas A&M and college ball anymore.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
Kinda like Brett Farve running around holding the ball.

GO BROWNS!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I actually believe if you look, Favre tucked the ball away once he decided to run with it.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

... however, he will be facing much more talented and much faster players at the NFL level.

And they will be facing a QB the likes of which they've never had to deal with before.

So there.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I just believe the level of talent and players increased focus on stripping the ball in the NFL will play a much larger roll in proving that holding the ball away from your body

Pit I understand and for argument sake agree with you 100% - I would have a spit flying episode if one of my QBs kept doing that in practice. But here in lies my main thought process.

Our coaches can teach JM a better placement of the ball when he does his thing. That is totally coach able. But guess what you can't change...the size of a QBs hands and if he is struggling in his workouts for teams in what I deem as a problem with his hands. Unless the heart beat thing is what dropped him and yet there he was getting picked at the end of the first. Not 3rd if that was a major fear.

But if his hands are not a firm grip on the ball he will have a high rate of fumbles when getting hit where JM has a history of holding onto the ball with his big hands.

jmho and why Hoyer will start we will coach JM up to be better than what everyone projects him to be!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh I'm not saying it isn't coachable. It's just a concern until such time as it is.

I've found that bad habits are harder to break than teaching good habits. When you're used to doing things a certain way for a long period of time, it takes a lot of work to "unteach" that.

But I don't believe it will necessarily be a long term career problem if it is coached and learned.

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
So........lets see TB insults OUR beloved BROWNS on NAT. TV just because he wasnt drafted here,he insulted all the other G.B,s in this draft that he was better then them, had a pro day egual to a 6th rounder and im immature for being a HOMER FOR OUR DAWGS. LOL............... oooooookay.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

... however, he will be facing much more talented and much faster players at the NFL level.

And they will be facing a QB the likes of which they've never had to deal with before.

So there.

That might end up being the truth.. Hope so..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see your threshold for the word "insult" is very low.

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
You hope

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 Cleveland wasn't where I wanted to be!

Link Copied to Clipboard