Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#885935 05/16/14 10:53 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m

Browns have released WR Greg Little.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
wow
I didn't see this happening this quick.

tradition can only carry you so far, then you have to start winning again.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's too bad... I was hoping he'd get another chance to improve. He certainly had a lot of things to like. Size, willingness to block, work ethic, tough to bring down. If he could only learn to catch the ball consistently...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well .... I really hoped that we would be able to get him turned back around ...... but I understand why.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
That is a surprise considering...

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
I'm kind of surprised by that. I would have thought that the coaching staff and FO would give him a chance to make a big step forward, especially given the Josh Gordon situation. Never hated the guy, just wish he has better hands. Well, good luck, Greg....

#gmstrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow guess we wont have to worry about his hands this year.

Joe Thomas #73
M
Legend
Legend
M
Can't say I'm surprised. I do feel for the guy in that, he was a hard worker, put in the time, etc., but he could't catch the ball. Hopefully, he lands somewhere and gets another shot.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but I found his play on the field infuriating the entire time he was here (minus a few games). Best of luck Greg.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Like others are saying, it's a little surprising given our current receiver situation, but nobody can day they didn't see this coming. It's too bad, I always cheer for the guy that works extra hard to improve his game.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He had a great work ethic, good YAC potential, and was a solid blocker.

That being said, he was very immature, and he lacked focus, consistency, and reliability in catching the ball. His celebrations really irked me, and he would allow other teams to get into his head. He also had some really, really stupid penalties.

I am surprised that the cut came this early, as I thought we'd like to have him in the thick of the WR competition. I think I would have waited to cut him, but I'm not all that disappointed that he's out of here.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't drop that pink slip on the way out the door. Just a horribly disappointing pick. There is just no way to sugar coat it.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Gives him a chance to try to catch on somewhere else....unless he drops that too.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Legend
Legend
Good luck at the nextg stop, Greg. Just please no Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

That is a surprise considering...

He could have asked for it with all the new guys they brought in. I have no reason to think that's what happened, just saying it's a possibility.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

#brownsgoodkarma
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I figured we would keep him through camp. I wonder if there is more going on here than we know.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I figured we would keep him through camp. I wonder if there is more going on here than we know.

That is what i am wondering.

Or it could be as simple as... we have our #2, ( couple of them actually) and a #3, do we really need GL?

We need a #1, somehow.

I liked GL, but can not deny he has been a major disappointment, not just the drops, the timimg of them seemed to hurt the most.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Austin
Bennett
Hawkins

He would be the 4th best guy at best. Probably just giving him a shot to catch on somewhere else.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
j/c

Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi · 23m
Phil Taylor only #Browns player left from trade of Julio Jones pick in 2011 draft.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good move. Thank God he is gone. I was sick of hoping/wondering if he would catch the ball.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Hmm... yeah, I was hoping we would wee what he looked like with more time working on catching and a more time with a Hoyer thrown ball.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

Quote:

Hmm... yeah, I was hoping we would wee what he looked like with more time working on catching and a more time with a Hoyer thrown ball.

I think the handwriting is on the wall with him. His catching abilities are just too inconsistent to keep him around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at least we dont have to worry about whether he's gonna catch the ball or not. way too inconsistent for me. like someone else said, his celebrations annoyed me as well. although i wish him well, he can do those things on another team.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Stupid move and even more stupid timing.

What was there to lose looking at him in TC again? Might even get you a pick back if a WR lands on IR somewhere else. Little was not a good WR, but he wasn't a headcase or something.

This has a lot of "my guys" over "what was there". They haven't even got a look at him up close. Makes zero sense unless he was the guy Gordon smoled with...

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You don't draft corners or linebackers who have questionable tackling, QB's with questionable stress tolerance and accuracy, and you just don't draft WR's with questionable hands no matter what all the other data shows. Whatever the main job of a position is, if you're drafting a player, make sure he's really good at that one thing first. "Coaching Up" is a black art with spotty returns. How many WR's have we had in the last 15 years who just.. couldn't... catch consistently?

Last edited by 10YrOvernightSuccess; 05/16/14 11:45 AM.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think the handwriting is on the wall with him. His catching abilities are just too inconsistent to keep him around.

Yup, the only thing worse than a guy who never performs well is a guy who performs well 50% of the time and always keeping you guessing.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
J/k

To me it's a good Move....I agree everybody deserves a 2nd or 3rd chance, but what is he going to do this year that he hasnt had 3 years to show us or do for 3 years, Browns paid him for the 3 years, and he didnt work to improve, every years same old same old, hope Greg Little has a breakout year...Hope this is the year Greg Little shows what he can do....simply said, the excuses ran out and the moved on without him. The bar has been set, time step up.

He will end up in Carolina as a Panther and be alot happier, it was nice of Cleveland to do this now and give him a chance to catch on ( play on words there) somewhere else.

Legend
Legend
Wow,, what a message they are sending.. Perform, we'll pay you, don't perform, we don't have room for you.

I'd have rather they kept him around a little longer, not sure it would have hurt to do so, but I think we all assumed this was coming anyway.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Wow! You mean they cut a WR who can't catch the ball!!? I am shocked!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Good move?

What exactly is the worth of releasing him NOW?

Anyone?

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Good move?

Anyone?

only allowed 80 players? needed the room?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
Woah!

Gotta give this team one thing.... it know hows to stay in the news, lol!

Definitely a surprising move, at least in terms of timing. I also thought he'd get at least another camp to try to prove himself.

Maybe se saw an uphill battle against the guys that were just brought in and asked for his release??
Either way, wow!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Maybe he asked to be released?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Good move?

Anyone?

Watched him in the OTAs, realized he had not improved, figured he's just taking away reps from the guys who will actually be on the team catching passes.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Best tweet on this (though I feel bad kicking a man when he's down)

"He can't catch a break"

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

wow
I didn't see this happening this quick.

I simply didn't see this coming at all...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
j/c

I was pretty surprised by this. I was in the camp that Little had potential but you look at the numbers and Little's performance seems to decline year by year. Eventually, you need to cut bait and this FO certainly doesn't seem shy about making moves. I mean, how many years did we keep Robiskie on based on faith that he'd finally start contributing?

Fact is with Bennett and Austin signing plus us heavily invested in Hawkins, Little suddenly becomes a #4 wideout at best. He was supposed to be our possession guy but when you look at his targets vs catches, he really wasnt doing that well.

Good luck to Greg. Hopefully he finds a spot where he can continue his career and I hope the light comes on at some point for him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

I wish they would have waited until camp to do this. Would have been nice to keep around in case of injuries at the WR position.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

Wow,, what a message they are sending.. Perform, we'll pay you, don't perform, we don't have room for you.

i love this message. its a new culture in town now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Release Greg Little

Link Copied to Clipboard