Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just clicking, but as good of an offseason the Browns have had, The Cavaliers have had an even better offseason, this is fun. Granted an offseason is filled with wishes, hopes , and dreams.

If 33 wins is the highlight of the past four years, this is much more fun.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Just clicking, but as good of an offseason the Browns have had, The Cavaliers have had an even better offseason, this is fun. Granted an offseason is filled with wishes, hopes , and dreams.

If 33 wins is the highlight of the past four years, this is much more fun.

I didn't realize they did anything this off season besides talk to a couple free agents and have the draft

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yeah, they may not end up getting a king's ransom for him, but I don't see a scenario where they shed him this early for freaking TT & Waiters.

Realistically, what are they going to get for him though? Minnesota is stuck between a rock and a hard place with him.

1) They know he's leaving in a year and will likely get zero in return if he walks.

2) He's refusing to sign a sign-and-trade extension for just about everyone, which means nobody is going to be willing to give up a whole lot for him. This is huge, because nobody will be willing to pay the king's ransom that Minnesota wants for a one year rental.

3) The 2014 Draft is over, which means they've already lost a shot a number of top picks in a deep draft, unless there was someone specifically they still want ... but chances are already on a team that's in rebuild mode now too.

4) What would they realistically get during the trading deadline? He's still not going to sign an extension, and now you're talking about a 2-3 month rental instead of a year rental. The only teams that would be interested would be playoff contenders and they're not exactly going to be flush with the type of trade assets that a team in a rebuild would be interested in. Bench guys? Expiring albatross contracts? Late first-round draft picks?

5) I know you're down on TT and Dion, and maybe rightfully so ... but they're also under 24 and have put up some decent numbers. Obviously not to the level of MCW or Unibrow, but those guys are going to be un-tradable anyway. I like how Bill Simmons has ripped the Cavs constantly for having "such poor drafts" these last 4 years. So he wrote a column a few days ago, where he re-did the last 20 or drafts ... and all these "bad picks" from the last 4 years were still in his top 5 ... even Bennett. So it's not like we're offering them Luke Jackson here.

6) The more important component of that trade would probably be the draft picks. We could realistically offer them FOUR first rounders which would hardly set us back any. We have our current 2015 first rounder. We have the Heat's conditional first rounder. We have Memphis' Conditional first rounder, and I think we still have Sacramento's conditional first rounder. Additionally, we could even offer our 2017 first round pick as well. Dion and TT aside ... that's a pretty decent haul for 9 months of Kevin Love.

7) My guess is that they're holding out for Wiggins in a trade for Love ... it would make sense. But they Cavs can/should counter with the argument that if Wiggins isn't on the team, then Lebron isn't going to sign here ... if that's the case, they would have no reason to trade for Love and Minnesota would be back to looking for a table-scraps trade for a guy that refuses to sign an extension for any team willing to trade for him.

... You are probably right though. Their GM probably wouldn't have the gonads to pull the trigger on this trade though. Even if it's the best they're going to get, they'd get raked over the coals for doing it. Chances are they just hold out as long as they can, and eventually let him walk for a sign and trade of a couple token draft picks.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I'm sure when Gilbert talked to Paul they went over the roster, and the moves Lebron would like to see made before he signed. He might want Wiggins, or he may want the veteran in Love. I'm sure the Cavs would rather not give up Wiggins, but you know that's who Minny will ask for. I think Saunders will trade Love at some point, but I believe he would be very reluctant to trade for Waiters and TT right now.

If James was smart, and wanted to come back, he would tell Gilbert to hold off on Love until the deadline, so you don't have to give up Wiggins. That's what I would do..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I look at the draft as winning the lottery. Those Ping pong balls could potentially erase 4 years of ineptitude, we shall see.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not necessarily 'down on them', but you're looking at an undisciplined chucker and an undersized 4 who can't play offense or defense.

I'm with you in the sense that they have to pull a trigger sooner or later, and probably won't get optimal value, but if those two plus protected picks are on the table, yeah, you wait and see.

Also, first rounders have to be spread out due to the Stepien Rule. Not sure what you can get away with as far as other team's picks in that regard, but it's not like we can offer an immediate bounty in that regard. And a GM isn't going to make moves that outlive their lifespan.

Legend
Legend
The draft pick rule only relates to your picks, the stepien rule states people can't trade their 1st rounder two years in a row.

People get around that by just drafting the guy a team wants and then trading his rights.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I figured there was a loophole in that regard.

Either way...TT + Waiters + future assets for Love is highly unlikely in the current landscape. Not saying it can't happen, but if I were them, I'd explore the market before I settled on that.

(And I agree that in the end, it may very well be their best offer).

Legend
Legend
Yeah, Love could quite easily control his own destination just by saying, unequivocally, that the only place he'll sign is with a specific team. (for example, Cleveland, if Lebron signs here)

Why wouldn't he do that? That would help his new team, by not depleting them of as many future resources. That's what I don't get about these guys. Say "Hey, I am going (here) after the season, if not before, and if you want anything for me you better trade me there."

Lebron, though, has to be the first chip to fall. I don't know how that happens with him signing a long term deal this year. Maybe Lebron does re-sign with the Heat with a deal that allows him to get out after this year, and then he and Love make their way ontl the same team next year. However, I don't know that the Cavaliers can afford to wait that out again, on a "maybe".

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I would rather trade for Love now or at the deadline. that way you could trade salaries, and extend him..they would have to move a lot of pieces by signing him as a free agent..Lot of momentum on twitter that he is coming back. you never know with James, but many around Cleveland think it will happen.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I would rather trade for Love now or at the deadline. that way you could trade salaries, and extend him..they would have to move a lot of pieces by signing him as a free agent..Lot of momentum on twitter that he is coming back. you never know with James, but many around Cleveland think it will happen.

In fairness, many around Cleveland never thought he would leave.

I think that all the Cavaliers can do is assure Lebron that the Cavaliers that they have a solid core, which I believe that they do, and that they will do whatever they have to, including go over the cap, to make this the best possible team. If that is not enough for Lebron, then there really in so sense continuing this pursuit.

I would not be in favor of giving up Wiggins in a trade. I think that he is going to be a special talent. If we give him up, there is still no absolute assurance that Lebron signs ... and we could wind up with a 1 year rental of Love. I absolutely do NOT want that. That would set us back behind even last year.

Lebron still has to be the 1st piece of the puzzle to fall, and I don't know if he is willing to do that.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Miami is really screwed. No one is going to sign there, unless their big 3 sign their contracts. you would think if James wanted to come back, they all would've signed July 1, so Riley could have ample time, and give assurance to the free agents that all 3 are back. the only lock to stay is Wade, and no one is going to pass on millions, to only play with Wade.. You look at the 3 teams that met with his agent. Dallas is out, they can't sign James to a max. Is he really going to play in Phoenix? The Lakers are a long shot, and the Rockets weren't even granted a meeting with his agent. Only viable option is the Cavs, unless James has something up his sleeve that none knows about..

We could probably work something out with Minny, if Lebron tells Gilbert he will sign. If not I would wait SAunders out till he had no choice but to trade Love for Waiters and TT at the deadline.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

..Lot of momentum on twitter that he is coming back. you never know with James, but many around Cleveland think it will happen.

Call it a Cleveland defense mechanism, I thought he would leave, I think he will return.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Trying to temper my expectations about LeBron's return, but it has picked up a lot of momentum these last few days. Seems more and more viable, especially with FAs signing with teams other than Miami.

Hawes to the Clippers for 4 years/23 million is a good signing for them.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Trying to temper my expectations about LeBron's return, but it has picked up a lot of momentum these last few days. Seems more and more viable, especially with FAs signing with teams other than Miami.

That's a really cheap deal for him, actually. He is a skilled big, and to get less than $6 million per year is really cheap.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

That's a really cheap deal for him, actually. He is a skilled big, and to get less than $6 million per year is really cheap.

He said 'them', not 'him'.

Hawes wanted to go West and play for a contender.

I'd heard we talked to the Clips and Blazers about a S&T. Looks like nothing came of it. He took a location/contender discount.

I would've been down to pay around $6.5-7 million a year for him if we were contending. Stretch bigs are in demand....but he's one of the worst defensive centers in the NBA...Kelly Olynyk looks like an All-Star when they clash.

I would've brought him back on the cheap, but that was a pipe dream.

He's not likely to be a vital piece to a contender any time soon.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

The Return of LeBron James To Cleveland Is A ‘Done Deal’ According To… Caroline’s Cupcakes?
By Ashley Burns

The last time that LeBron James was a free agent, we learned a very important lesson that absolutely nothing is impossible and we shouldn’t discredit any rumor, no matter how obnoxious the person delivering it may be. So as James has once again retreated to his offseason Fortress of Solitude and his agent continues to make the rounds on his behalf,reportedly having discussions with the Rockets, Suns, Mavericks, Cavaliers and Lakers, the rumor mill is in full swing.

But almost none of it matters, because many people in Miami refuse to believe that the Heat star might leave with his prophecy of not one, not two, not three, not four titles unfulfilled.Of course, some people would argue that the only reason LeBron’s agent is taking these meetings is to force the Miami Heat’s hand in making sure money is spent, all while The King’s brand remains the most talked about topic on Sports Shouting.

That is, unless you like your hot sports rumors covered in icing and sprinkles. In which case, enter the most bizarre source imaginable for the biggest story in professional sports right now: Caroline’s Cupcakes in Jackson Township, Ohio.

If this ends up being true, this is going to flip the world of “SOURCES” and “REPORTS” on its head, as Chris Broussard will spontaneously combust as he Tweets the news as “BREAKING” an hour after it already broke. Meanwhile, the always-dependable Adrian Wojnarowski will be forced to surrender his role as the NBA’s best story-breaker to enroll at the Columbus Culinary Institute.

UpRoxx

So there's that..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
If the Cavs have to trade a whole bunch of stuff away to make cap for Lebron and Love to go with Kyrie, what do they have left? Are they in the same insufficient, unfixable situation that Miami was in? Or is their situation somehow better?

Legend
Legend
To be fair, this is probably a more reliable source than Tony Rizzo.

Legend
Legend
Caroline's Cupcakes as a source? Sure, I'll bite.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If the Cavs have to trade a whole bunch of stuff away to make cap for Lebron and Love to go with Kyrie, what do they have left? Are they in the same insufficient, unfixable situation that Miami was in? Or is their situation somehow better?

I wouldn't mind having four years of what Miami just had

<><

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
If tweets are allowed, just wanted to share... Chris Broussard just tweeted:

"Cleveland has replaced Miami as my frontrunner to land LeBron James..."

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Caroline's Cupcakes as a source? Sure, I'll bite.

Chris Broussard &#8207;@Chris_Broussard 4m
Cleveland has replaced Miami as my frontrunner to land LeBron James..

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Kevin Love > Bosh
a young Irving ~~ a breaking down Wade
Wiggins >>> a retired Ray Allen

Plus we probably would keep players like Andy and a few of the other young guys. I think the best benefit is, while our guys might not have the experience mileage that the Heat do ... they also don't have the wear and tear mileage that the Heat do.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

Kevin Love > Bosh
a young Irving ~~ a breaking down Wade
Wiggins >>> a retired Ray Allen

Plus we probably would keep players like Andy and a few of the other young guys. I think the best benefit is, while our guys might not have the experience mileage that the Heat do ... they also don't have the wear and tear mileage that the Heat do.

Woj is saying they would have to trade Jack and then move Thornton to a third team. Which means giving picks to a team with extra cap room (Philly would probably be game for that).

Legend
Legend
Z and Gilbert apparently are meeting with Lebron tonight per Rizzo's Twitter as well. Twitter is blowing up.

http://www.fearthesword.com/2014/7/6/587...n-james-tonight

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

C
Legend
Legend
C
This can only end in sadness.

Legend
Legend
Lets say LeBron and Bosh both leave..

What does Miami do with Wade? He's not worth the max, they both know it.. is there even anything left in FA to put around him? Do you start over?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

This can only end in sadness.

My battered fan syndrome feels you're probably right. I wonder if Lebron is just using this as leverage against Wade and Bosh to get them to sign for less. Still, I don't see why Bosh should really take less. He could probably get a max contract from multiple teams.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I've always said I'd root for Hitler as long as he wins games.

Might be time to see if I really mean that if LeBron returns....

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Rizzo was the first one to break the news about Embiid's troubling medical report. Maybe he got this one right as well.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I'm sure he stays. I would imagine if Lebron leaves, Bosh will as well. They will have plenty of cash to build around Wade..

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Mo Williams is a free agent...

Legend
Legend
Funny post I saw on Twitter ... Cleveland now the favorites to be the new home for Lebron and Heat fans.

Legend
Legend
Another one:

Let’s just have a Lebron James lottery. It will do monster ratings and since it’s a lottery the Cavs will win anyway

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C

I don't think the city will know what to do with itself if this actually happens.

Legend
Legend
Manziel and Lebron in Cleveland ... they could spend their time cleaning up the "mess" left behind by over-excited ESPN reporters.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

The Return of LeBron James To Cleveland Is A ‘Done Deal’ According To… Caroline’s Cupcakes?
By Ashley Burns

The last time that LeBron James was a free agent, we learned a very important lesson that absolutely nothing is impossible and we shouldn’t discredit any rumor, no matter how obnoxious the person delivering it may be. So as James has once again retreated to his offseason Fortress of Solitude and his agent continues to make the rounds on his behalf,reportedly having discussions with the Rockets, Suns, Mavericks, Cavaliers and Lakers, the rumor mill is in full swing.

But almost none of it matters, because many people in Miami refuse to believe that the Heat star might leave with his prophecy of not one, not two, not three, not four titles unfulfilled.Of course, some people would argue that the only reason LeBron’s agent is taking these meetings is to force the Miami Heat’s hand in making sure money is spent, all while The King’s brand remains the most talked about topic on Sports Shouting.

That is, unless you like your hot sports rumors covered in icing and sprinkles. In which case, enter the most bizarre source imaginable for the biggest story in professional sports right now: Caroline’s Cupcakes in Jackson Township, Ohio.

If this ends up being true, this is going to flip the world of “SOURCES” and “REPORTS” on its head, as Chris Broussard will spontaneously combust as he Tweets the news as “BREAKING” an hour after it already broke. Meanwhile, the always-dependable Adrian Wojnarowski will be forced to surrender his role as the NBA’s best story-breaker to enroll at the Columbus Culinary Institute.

UpRoxx

So there's that..

If it was Dunkin Hines, or Betty Crocker ... then I'd just blow this off as a rumor ....... but since it's Caroline's Cupcakes ......

Actually, a girl just joined my church last week, and her name is Caroline. It this a sign .....?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There's not a chance in hell of Lequit coming back. But if a miracle of miracles occurred and he did resign with the Cavs, that would be the last time I ever watched a Cavs game.

What really cracks me up is how many fans seem perfectly willing to not only welcome him back with open arms, but immediately return to the "King" James BS. Talking about how we need to make this move or that so Lebron will be happy and maybe be so generous as to allow us to behold his mighty presence again. Wanting Lebron to run the team like he used to. I have zero desire to watch a team created and run by LBJ. I heard the same crap last week about Irving. How our front office had to "sell" their plan and the team so Irving would sign a 5 year deal worth 90 million. If 90 million bucks isn't enough reason for him to sign, to hell with him. Allowing players the power to make team decisions is an idiotic proposition. Nothing good can come from it. Players play, Managers manage and Coaches coach. Any other formula is a recipe for disaster.
As for Lequit, it's not surprising he has no loyalty to Miami, it's not his nature. Lebron James cares about one thing, Lebron James. His image. His marketing. His place in the history books. He doesn't give a damn about any team or group of guys.

I hope I wake up one morning and see Lebron signed with the Lakers or Houston for ten years. So I never have to hear all this fawning and yearning for Lebron again. Turns my stomach.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum So, where will LeBron end up

Link Copied to Clipboard