Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I didn't say I like his game.

I'm just pointing out that he's a better player than Andersen, and more valuable to just about any team in the league.

You don't seem to understand the role he plays for a team. Again, his job is to draw guys out of the paint. He's a stretch guy. He's not supposed to rack up points or rebounds, or bang inside and be physical.

And, no, he's absolutely not a starter. Unless you're trying to tank.

C
Legend
Legend
C
McRoberts can start he just can't be one of your top four players.

Legend
Legend
On another note ...... what must Jarrett Jack be thinking?

The good news: Lebron James may be leaving your team.

The bad news: You may be leaving at the same time.

Ouch.

Also .... found this a little interesting?

NBA Report: Cavs talking trade, expect to make move soon, sources say | FOX Sports on MSN
http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/nba-...rces-say-070714

-- One interesting note from an NBA source: If James returned to Cleveland, he would wear No. 32. He wore No. 23 with the Cavs before and No. 6 with the Heat. The source also indicated James is close to announcing his decision.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Are we literally just dumping him? Or are we getting something back? Ya know, besides a random 2nd round pick..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
would imagine we would include a draft pick, to a team that has a trade exception to take on Jack's or Thornton's contract..

Legend
Legend
LeBron is kind of doing to several teams what he did to the Cavs the last couple years before he left... he wants these assurances that the team he signs with has the talent to compete for a championship but the mid-level guys don't want to sign until they figure out what LeBron is going to do.. it's like a circle where somebody has to move..

Personally I think Bosh would be an absolute idiot to not take the max deal (or very near max) he was reportedly offered in Houston.. a relatively young team where he would fit real nicely, not asked to take a pay cut.. yea it's the west and he wouldn't get a pass to the finals but it's by far the best situation for him..

yebat' Putin
N
Legend
Legend
N
J/C

And we wonder why ESPN and others treat us as suckers. See, Johnny Football, Chief Wahoo, and LeBron coverage and the buzz each creates every single time they pretend they have something new.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Are we literally just dumping him? Or are we getting something back? Ya know, besides a random 2nd round pick..

I am sure that we're trying to dump him without having to give up too much for someone to take him off our hands. If Lebron comes back, we need a little bit more cap space to take his salary on without a sign and trade. I think that the Cavaliers are trying to hold on to as many assetts as they can. They certainly don't want to do what the Heat did, and put together an impressive team just to have them fall apart in short order because they give the whole house away.

If the Cavaliers do manage to pull off a deal for Lebron, the last thing that they want is for what appears to be happening to the Heat to happen to them. The Heat, if they don't get Lebron back, could be in the toilet for a long time. They have nothing to develop. They could sign a bunch of free agents ..... but that probably gets them to the lower/middle range of the East, and an early exit every year. There just isn't another combination of young talent coming in to free agency together like we saw with Wade, Bosh, and Lebron. They also won't have that 1st superstar (like Wade) to serve as the draw for others for quite a while. If Lebron leaves, Bosh goes as well. If they go, the Heat are left with a prematurely old Wade, and almost nothing else.

I also will say that I think that Bosh would fit extremely well in Houston. For as much grief as I have given him about not being on the same level as the other 2 in Miami, he would be a beautiful fit in Houston. He would not have to try to be the team's low post presence. He could play away from the basket more, and really utilize his talents. I really think that he would help them a great deal, and make Houston even more dangerous.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I wouldn't be shocked to see Bosh follow LeBron here, if he comes back. It makes more sense than trading for Love in a lot of ways.

But if I were Bosh, I would take a max deal in Houston if that offer is there.

Legend
Legend
I actually thought about that briefly ....... but I just can't see it happening .... unless Bosh is absolutely committed to playing with Lebron.

Bosh didn't want to play here before. I can't imagine that we are more attractive to him today.Who knows though.

ESPN would explode though. It would be worth it just for that.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Dan Lebatard, and Bomani Jones are by far the worst, and beyond delusional. I get Miami was a great thing 4 years ago for these guys, but their time has come and gone for the most part. Their hate on the city of Cleveland is pretty lame if you ask me..

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think it's likely at all. It depends on what Bosh wants. I think people are quick to assume 'Eh, two rings is enough, just take the money'.

What if he wants a legacy of his own?

He's at 9 All-Stars and 2 rings. That's a nice career. But you add another two rings, and his name comes up for Hall of Fame consideration.

If I were him, I'd take a big contract in Houston. There's a lot of possibility for that team.

But it depends what he wants out of his career.

Plus, I never bought the whole 'LBJ tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland' story. Those three knew the plan long before that offseason.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Adrian Wojnerowski being told Bosh told Houston he wants to stay and play with LeBron in Miami as reported/tweeted by Fox Sports Live.

The plot thickens I suppose.

Fox Sports Live

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Bosh is a loser. Be a man for the first time in your life. How could you pass up an opportunity to play in your home state, be a championship contender, and make 8 million more, with 1 less yr. I just don't get that guy. 30 yr old man acting like a 2 yr old..

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Adrian Wojnerowski being told Bosh told Houston he wants to stay and play with LeBron in Miami as reported/tweeted by Fox Sports Live.

Fox Sports Live

What happens if Lebron decides to move though?

People have been saying that Bosh is the linchpin ...... but I think that it's actually Lebron. I don't know that the status quo is enough to get Lebron back in Miami.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Bosh follow LeBron here, if he comes back. It makes more sense than trading for Love in a lot of ways.

Wait, woah?? Who is this and what have you done with the real PDR??

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Quote:

Well, I'm rather confident I can speak for thousands of Clevelanders simply due to the journalistic activity over the past couple of days alone.

LOL Don't confuse the Media with regular folks..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Fox Sports Live

If true, and who knows what's true and what's a rumor these days, then this is proof they have something planned in Miami (Bosh+Melo+Lebron or something else crazy). Nobody gives up that much cash on the "I don't know what Lebron is doing, but I want to stay with him so I'll risk taking a lot less or being left behind". They have a plan and it doesn't involve Houston and Cleveland.

They are all laughing about this right now.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Fox Sports Live

If true, and who knows what's true and what's a rumor these days, then this is proof they have something planned in Miami (Bosh+Melo+Lebron or something else crazy). Nobody gives up that much cash on the "I don't know what Lebron is doing, but I want to stay with him so I'll risk taking a lot less or being left behind". They have a plan and it doesn't involve Houston and Cleveland.

They are all laughing about this right now.

Everything that I have heard is that Lebron and Bosh dont really get along all that well.

I find it interesting that DWade is being very quiet in all this. DWade and Lebron are the two that are very close to each other as friends. I have always gotten the impression that Wade is the puppet master behind the scenes.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Dan Lebatard, and Bomani Jones are by far the worst, and beyond delusional. I get Miami was a great thing 4 years ago for these guys, but their time has come and gone for the most part. Their hate on the city of Cleveland is pretty lame if you ask me..

National media is having a tough time dealing with this.

I don't know if the cavs are a better option next year than Miami, but they're easily a better option going forward in general.

The other stuff is nice, but it's about the team and what u have. Lebron knows that coming back could help some of the knocks on him, not to mention it opens multiple doors with his endorsements. Nike, coke, all of his partners would drool at the possibilities of a return to Cleveland. Who would thought we could say that?

To be honest I'm actually kind of surprised that Houston isn't more on the mix, maybe they are and it's just being kept quiet but I really think that's the best scenario for the next few years if it's just about winning. I love James Harden and put a lot of OKC's troubles on him not being there anymore. Lebron on Houston would be a sick squad.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I really have nothing against LaBron at this point but is there anyone else that is kinda sorta hoping it doesn't work out with him coming back? I think we're actually starting to build something interesting and inserting him makes the dynamic just very very different. Of course he'll make us "better" just because he's the best player in the world but do you think he makes other players on our roster better or more marginal when steps onto the court? When he was here last time we had very little balance. The other players deferred to him and relied upon him to bail them out because he could and as a result we didn't collectively get better. Of course we had some weak minds/spirits on the team before in the form of Delonte and Mo Williams but I feel like it sort of happened in Miami as well. Lots of guys that were pretty good before and on other teams kind of deflated with LaBron on the team. I'm no basketball guru but am I totally alone in this thinking?

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
S
Legend
Legend
S
I think he makes Irving a better player right off the bat. I think he would be a good mentor to Wiggins.

I would still like another good outside shooter, preferably a bigger guy but it's pretty obvious you're better off with him than without. Although either way the east is weak enough where the cavs could make noise. I know they do with lbj bit without him I need to see it first. Last year was really disappointing even with the prize we got at the end of the year.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I still don't see him coming back.

However, you'd hope if that were the case, his people would be smart enough to nip it in the bud and quietly tell Cleveland 'no'. They can't be that stupid.

The Return would be the biggest sports story since...well, The Decision.

M
Legend
Legend
M
So here is the latest on Lebron coming back to Cleveland per Emmett Golden, the Cavs beat reporter for WKNR. Says Lebron told a Cavs player to "be ready and be prepared"

The rumors are flying.

Emmett Golden Twitter

Legend
Legend
Well ... today is the anniversary of "The Decision".

Is today the day the the fortunes of 2 teams reverse again?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Emmett Golden was just on WKNR discussing the story and his source. He said his source is a player on the Cavs and this player received the phone call a little less than a week ago from Lebron. He went so far as to say it was a player on the team who had a bobblehead night last year and it was not Tristan Thompson.

Take it all for what it's worth.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Get ready and be prepared for what?

I still don't think he's coming back. I won't believe it until he actually signs and it's announced, and even then I will probably have my doubts until I actually see him in playing in a game in a Cavs uniform. I hope I'm wrong. I would love to see a championship caliber Cavs team starting this year. Count me as one who is long over 'The Decision', regardless of whatever the guy decides to do.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

I still don't see him coming back.

However, you'd hope if that were the case, his people would be smart enough to nip it in the bud and quietly tell Cleveland 'no'. They can't be that stupid.

The Return would be the biggest sports story since...well, The Decision.

I also think it would close the door on him coming back ever. Next time around the cavs aren't going to wait. They can't afford to and I wouldn't blame them.

I'm becoming a believer that the return is going to be a reality. And I think there may be another domino to fall.

Last edited by Spergon FTWynn; 07/08/14 11:02 AM.
Legend
Legend
Is there a timeline for any of this? I mean, can an announcement happen now? I heard Lebron was in Brazil for the WC and would be staying through the final (7/13).

Not asking in terms of "The Return"....just any announcement. I'm still a believer the Big 3 are pulling strings behind the scenes to return to Miami.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
R
Legend
Legend
R
You're going to have to change your name back.

By the way, big time kudos to you ... If he does come back, I think you called this as a possibility four years ago.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

You're going to have to change your name back.

Nah, Spergon FTWynn is freaking classic.

Just for poops and giggles, I'll take a sig bet against anyone that thinks the Return is going to happen. If he returns, you pick my sig until the last Browns game is played this upcoming season. If he does what I think he does, returns to Miami or goes anywhere but Cleveland, I pick your sig for the same amount of time.

Anyone up for that bet?

[Linked Image]

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Is there a timeline for any of this? I mean, can an announcement happen now? I heard Lebron was in Brazil for the WC and would be staying through the final (7/13).

Not asking in terms of "The Return"....just any announcement. I'm still a believer the Big 3 are pulling strings behind the scenes to return to Miami.

I believe he is meeting with Riley in Vegas today.

He can announce where he is going whenever but cannot officially sign until Thursday.

If he does come back I'm not taking any credit or kudos. There were several moments this year where I didn't think it was possible. When that lottery went our way I started thinking it was possible, which im sure everyone else felt same.

Actually Sam Amico should get a ton of kudos because he's said it all along. He went out on that limb weeks ago.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Here's my take and what I've kind of thought since he left. I think that this was all part of the plan between he and Gilbert. They knew the cavs needed to retool and could never happen with lebron here because we'd never be able to get the high enough picks to do so. So they came up with this plan where lebron leaves, gives them a few years to retool, he goes and takes a vacation in south beach and learns how to win under riley and then when this time rolled around he is in a much better situation to win long term than if he had stayed. Hell, Lebron probably helped write "the letter". lol, hows THAT for conspiracy theory!

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
All Pro
All Pro
I wonder if Love will live near LeBron?

GO BROWNS!
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah i think they were both going to move into Cowher's neighborhood in strongsville

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
LOL Great stuff there.

Here's a little more kindling on the fire .....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/free-...s-lakers-063014

UPDATE (Tuesday, 10 a.m. ET): If Dan Gilbert truly is pitching LeBron James on a return to Cleveland, the Cavs owner reportedly has a lot of high-powered help in his corner.

As in the kind of help to which the King would probably listen.

LeBron's wife Savannah wants him to return to Cleveland, according to veteran NBA writer Chris Sheridan, whose source also tells him that James' agent Rich Paul and close adviser Maverick Carter also are in agreement about Cleveland, as well. What's more, this storyline seems to be gaining steam by the day. Could the Heat quickly go from the Big Three and an expected dynasty to an old Dwyane Wade and lots of cap room?

L
Legend
Legend
L
I think Lebron returning would be the greatest event to happen to the NBA in the last decade..It also does tons for lebron personally, just from an image standpoint, his legacy, and I think the endorsements would actually pick up. From a professional standpoint, the cavs are credible again, downtown would be revitalized, and he would have a solid team that he wouldn't have to carry night in and night out.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I still remember 2007 when the cavs, tribe, and browns all were playing well...downtown was crazy..good time to be a cleveland fan.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I was thinking the other day, with the Browns getting Manziel, and if the Cavs get James back, what in the world will the Indians do to "keep up"?

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum So, where will LeBron end up

Link Copied to Clipboard