Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I think you swing that deal even if LeBron stays in Miami.

The only way it's a failure is if you do nothing with the created space.

Even if we use it on, say, Ariza, that's a good deal.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It is impossible to say with Lebron.

Who thought that he would go on national TV 4 years ago just to rub Cleveland's noses in it?

Yeah but after that he jumped on a plane to Miami and had a huge pep rally with his new team.

I would think the team (and league) would want the same thing here if he moved. Brand, Promotion, $$$$

He also had a lot more fanfare that time around. This time he's been a lot more lowkey. I think you are reading way too far into things right now, as is everybody.

All I'm saying is name me one time the top player in Free Agency lands with a new team and there was not some kind of event the very next day. And Lebron isn't just the top Free Agent, he the best player on the planet.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Fair point.

To go the other way, name me one player who stops his entire league's FA period.

He can announce, leave, and come back and we'll still be talking about it. He's bigger than the game right now.

I'm still saying 60/40 Miami.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm still saying 60/40 Miami.

That's the most optimistic I think I've ever seen you.

I'd probably go 60/40 as well.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I wish there was something more concrete to the optimism outside of 'Why would a guy throw away a 25 year career on this if he wasn't sure?

Sheridan has always been a source to trust for the most part. That's where most of my optimism lies right now. And its flimsy.

I don't put stock into the trade being a big sign. I think we do that or something similar even if he stays.

1st String
1st String
Quote:

I wish there was something more concrete to the optimism outside of 'Why would a guy throw away a 25 year career on this if he wasn't sure?

Sheridan has always been a source to trust for the most part. That's where most of my optimism lies right now. And its flimsy.

What about the potential color changes on his website...everyone on twitter seems convinced

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/iiQpZHhFQec/maxresdefault.jpg

Cava fans trying to unburn jerseys and heat fans getting an early start

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yeah I don't get that too ... He seems awfully sure that it's already been determined. In which case, I don't know why Lebron would wait so long. The only thing I can come up is what I mentioned before ... him and the Cavs are trying to get Minnesota to panic move into trading Love. They know they probably have the best offer on the table and Minnesota knows that the deal's off if Lebron doesn't go to the Cavs.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Chris Sheridan was just on with Colin Cowherd and stated emphatically that Lebron is coming back to Cleveland. He understands his reputation as a journalist is on the line, but he slept well last night and isn't nervous about running with this story in the slightest. He's confident in his source 100%.

Says Lebron will announce decision before he leaves for Brazil.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Chris Sheridan was just on with Colin Cowherd and stated emphatically that Lebron is coming back to Cleveland. He understands his reputation as a journalist is on the line, but he slept well last night and isn't nervous about running with this story in the slightest. He's confident in his source 100%.

Says Lebron will announce decision before he leaves for Brazil.

That interview scared me more than it gave me hope.

Dude sounds like he's on his heels right now. This could be the last few hours of his career.

Hope he's got a source high up on LRMR.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't know PDR, I thought the guy sounded confident. Time will be the judge.

Adam Schefter even chimed in.

Schefter

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Like I said, you almost have to believe the guy.

Otherwise, he's pouring gasoline on his career and lighting a match.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
So he's going to announce his decision on his personal website and then head down to the World Cup for the finals. It's a pretty good business decision, actually. That website is getting massive traffic, and he's taking his brand to another continent.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

So he's going to announce his decision on his personal website and then head down to the World Cup for the finals. It's a pretty good business decision, actually. That website is getting massive traffic, and he's taking his brand to another continent.

Not to mention, he's not around for the immediate backlash that will happen no matter what he does.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

He'll get enough coverage and attention while at the biggest sporting event on the year, whichever way he goes. I don't think he needs to be flying to Miami or Cleveland today or tomorrow.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Quote:

He'll get enough coverage and attention while at the biggest sporting event on the year, whichever way he goes. I don't think he needs to be flying to Miami or Cleveland today or tomorrow.

Yup, good point about the coverage and also above about not being around for the immediate backlash.

I told myself I wouldn't get caught up in all this nonsense but I guess it's a little late for that. If he comes back, I'm going to throw a party. Hopefully it's announced soon so we can get started this weekend.

Legend
Legend
'2 NBA Insiders Are Hearing That LeBron James Is Set To Return To The Cavs And Shock The World'

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/2-nba-insiders-hearing-lebron-135700439.html

Robert Mayer-USA TODAY Sports (Reuters)

We may be nearing the finish line for LeBron James' second Decision, and if two NBA insiders are right, King James is going to shock a lot of people and return to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Chris Sheridan of Sheridan Hoops (and formerly of ESPN and the AP) has a league source that says James has decided to sign with the Cavs and that the announcement will be made on James' website, LeBronJames.com.

Sheridan later doubled-down on his report saying the national media is being fed misinformation and that he stands by his source and story "100%."

Stephen A. Smith of ESPN was less emphatic but is hearing the same thing. "Based on what I am hearing," Smith told ESPN Radio. "LeBron goes to Cleveland, [Carmelo Anthony] goes to New York."

Even if these sources are just speculating and a final decision has not been reached, many signs are pointing to a James reunion in Cleveland.

James met with Heat president Pat Riley on Wednesday in Las Vegas and left the meeting without making a commitment to Miami, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

On the same day, the Cavs made a huge trade that freed up enough salary-cap room to sign James.

James also reportedly reached out to Mike Miller and one other free agent about joining forces if James decided to leave the Heat.

In addition, the Cavs are also pursuing a trade for Kevin Love and Wojnarowski says that will only happen if James signs with Cleveland. Ken Berger of CBS Sports adds that Love is also interested, but only if James would be his teammate.

Meanwhile, Chris Bosh has decided to sign with the Houston Rockets if LeBron does not re-sign with the Heat, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com.

This suggests that returning to the Heat is still possible but possibly unlikely.

(end)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It is impossible to say with Lebron.

Who thought that he would go on national TV 4 years ago just to rub Cleveland's noses in it?

Yeah but after that he jumped on a plane to Miami and had a huge pep rally with his new team.

I would think the team (and league) would want the same thing here if he moved. Brand, Promotion, $$$$

He also had a lot more fanfare that time around. This time he's been a lot more lowkey. I think you are reading way too far into things right now, as is everybody.

All I'm saying is name me one time the top player in Free Agency lands with a new team and there was not some kind of event the very next day. And Lebron isn't just the top Free Agent, he the best player on the planet.

He could be waiting until he gets back from Brazil to announce.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Legend
Legend
Honestly? I'm a football guy, but if Lebron returns to the Cavs now I would be super happy about it. Hell, I'd even watch basketball again (and not just the Finals).

-I guess this is just a wait and see thing.

-That story I just posted is kinda interesting, but I don't know if it's just B.S. or not....

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
jc

I think lebron not going to Akron is a positive thng.... I would be more concerned if after the Riley meeting he felt the need to go home to discuss with family.

if he already is in agreement to go to Cleveland no need to go back home and discuss with family... now if he decided to go to Miami, then he might have to go convince his wife .

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
J/C ......

I was watching the Evil Sports Propaganda Network this morning, that they were talking about Lebron .... and they said one thing that kind of stuck with me.

Lebron does not want to be seen as chasing championships in some desperate manner. That almost completely limits his choices to Miami or Cleveland.

That makes sense.

Now, my position has been that the Cavaliers will not hesitate to fill up their cap space if Lebron decides to go back to Miami, and I doubt that the Cavaliers go all out in pursuit of him again. No one wants to be jilted on the national stage even twice ..... but certainly not 3 times. If he chooses Miami, then he's with Miami for good. I don't see Cleveland taking the chances and making moves to bring him back again .... best player in the game or not. I doubt that Gilbert wants to be rejected yet again. I just can't see it happening.

So ..... I think that Lebron has to look at long term, is Miami the best bet, or is Cleveland? It's not about a year or 2 ...... it's the rest of his career. (or most of it anyway) If it's Miami, then I think it has to be Miami for most of the rest of his career.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
jc

I absolutely despised LJ when he left Cleveland. I didn't blame him for wanting to leave after so many seasons without a title. It was just the way he did it. He acted like a gianormous knob.

If he decides to come back to the Cavs I will forgive him. It's like coming back to make things right, and to play for your hometown team.

I just wish we would find out without all the waiting cuz it's like torture lol

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 2m
[Email].@sheridanhoops[/Email] told @KileyBooms that LeBron's announcement will be made on his website before he leaves for Brazil

Well ...... we'll see .........

He's taking his talents to Rio??

Early training for the '16 Olympics??

Emergency waxing needed??

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

R
Legend
Legend
R
Eh, that's a bad sign, right?

Legend
Legend
34 minutes.

ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
What's in 34 minutes?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Delusional Miami Fans...

"I mean he did it to another team, he's not not ganna do it to us"

Because these situations are exactly the same..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
3pm was in 34 minutes. Now it's in 23 minutes.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

What's in 34 minutes?

My afternoon Diet Coke break. I'll keep you posted if I change my mind and do a Coke Zero instead. Hrmmmm...now that I think about it, maybe iced tea sounds better. Choices, choices...

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
I took my thirst to dr, pepper.... I feel better now...

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
J/C…

Akron Beacon Journal reporting Bath Police have been notified to increase their presence around James' house for announcement tonight.

Phil Trexler: Bath Police

ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Houston and Dallas are discussing a sign and trade for Parsons..

I don't feel Houston would do that unless they were super confident Bosh was coming..

Legend
Legend
Yup, he's retiring for sure. I can feel it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
ughhhh, they did the same thing in 2010.

I give up, for now

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
O
Legend
Legend
O
I thought 3PM was for the Riley meeting yesterday?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yup, he's retiring for sure. I can feel it.

Hmm... NFL supplemental draft today...

R
Legend
Legend
R
So I'll ask again ... the whole police thing is bad, right? What would he have to be afraid of if he is coming back?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

So I'll ask again ... the whole police thing is bad, right? What would he have to be afraid of if he is coming back?

People crowding around his house...

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I thought 3PM was for the Riley meeting yesterday?

I misread the quote... police presence increasing at 3pm, not announcement at 3pm.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs and NBA Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard