Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Well boys, it's been fun. Abandon hope all ye who enter this topic.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
he was in cleveland the day of the decision.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Chris Broussard:

This is getting very interesting. Definitely not at 85 pct for Cavs anymore

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Chris Broussard:

This is getting very interesting. Definitely not at 85 pct for Cavs anymore

But.. which.. way...

Oh the troll... it hurts...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
L
Legend
Legend
L
And Wade is flying back with him...I think Sheridan is a complete sham at this point.. spitballing with the slight chance he's right. I'd put the chances of him leaving miami at less than 10% at this point. He's going to go back and I'll actually laugh when they get bounced in the playoffs again next year. I just want this to be over so I can see how the cavs use the space they have now. LBJ or not this team should be pretty good this year.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
If they did this just to get Bosh out and bring in Melo? Oh god. that may be worse than the last time...

I'd see us going hard at Ariza, to fill that huge LeBron sized hole at SF..

And are there any big guys left out there? We still need some..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
L
Legend
Legend
L
That's been my thought... why else wouldn't Melo sign with Knicks. They all know Houston has a deadline for parsons/bosh

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Wait.. Cleveland plays Miami in the first game... in Rio?!

Oh.. PreSeason...

Still.. Awkward..

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
seen their owner favorited broussard's tweet. looks like we've been played once more..

L
Legend
Legend
L
Yep. .. and if he thought cavs fans hated him before. ..

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Just don't understand the guy. if he didn't want to come back, should've never dragged this out so long. what did miami get in free agency.? not much, so he can't say he did it to pressure riley. this just seems like some big troll job, just to stick it to cleveland once again. guy is a loser if stays in miami..

ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
If he goes back, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 2-3 year deal, with an opt out after the 1st and 2nd year...

And this will all happen all over again...

Legend
Legend
Quote:

That's been my thought... why else wouldn't Melo sign with Knicks. They all know Houston has a deadline for parsons/bosh

Why would that matter though? Bosh is a Free Agent, so Miami could technically just say "no", and he would take the Houston deal. Unless they want to freeze him out, until he has no choice but to take the Houston deal, and then he's the "bad guy" ... except that everyone with a pulse would know they did that deliberately to him.

And what good is a Wade/Lebron/Melo team going to do anyway? Take away the one guy that doesn't need the ball in his hands and replace him with a guy that does ... and also plays the same position as Lebron.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
i agree, but he could've did that 10 days ago. this guy is a moron. Not sure the cavs would want to go down that road again..too much drama and bs for me..

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Let me put it this way...

Given his goals, the smartest career move for him would be to sign in Miami for 3 years with one and two year options. One last crack at it with the veterans, and then come home when the youngsters are seasoned.

People would hate that, but it's his best bet for rings.

ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Anyone still interested in Love if we don't get LeBron?

If we can get him without giving up Wiggins, Sign a get like Ariza..

Sure you'd be giving up assets for possibly only a year, but we'd be able to offer him the max, and I can't see that team not making the playoffs...

Hell Irving, Wiggins, Ariza, Love against Miami in the playoffs would be fun

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
LeBron is coming back. He likes drama and people talking about him.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
it depends if we would be able to get Love, and somehow keep Wiggins. Even if we had to give up Wiggins, we would be a championship contender. I get what you are saying, but he will be putting in a lot of faith in Wade's health. there's no guarantee with him holding up..

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Heat trolls ruined the RCF chat. Jerks... Anyways, from Woj:

Cavs talked w/ agents Thursday on players designed to surround LeBron James. Had hopes he'd commit to Cleveland before day's end. Nothing.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
From Amico:

West GM tells @FOXSportsOH: "LeBron let this go one day too long. He's botching it all over again. In my mind, only one way to save it."

ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Hell if James wants to go back to Miami for one more year...

New York is ganna have cap room next year...

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Or he could wait til 2016 when Durant becomes a free agent.

L
Legend
Legend
L
BREAKING: @Chris_Broussard reports that LeBron still hung up on Gilbert letter @ESPNSteinLine on set for reaction NOW http://t.co/g60Zslb2ha

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Came here to post this.

Gives me hope in Sheridan's source now, though. He said in that meeting, Pat Riley knew LeBron was out the door and went negative about Gilbert rather than actually pitching the Heat....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The "letter" talk seems like to me he let this go on too long, he is going back to Miami and needs an excuse for not going to the Cavs. JMHO

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
R
Legend
Legend
R
Bingo.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Well, Dan didn't say anything we all didn't feel (and unrealistically hope), so if he can't understand that reaction that do come from all of us then I don't know what to say and if this is truly the case then I have serious doubts about how serious he may have been to begin with.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Random thought, I was as upset in 2010 as everyone else. I hated the Gilbert letter then.

Now, I loathe that letter

Only in cleveland

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Of course Gilbert issued could have a better apology, or hey, maybe taken down that stupid letter sooner than, I don't know, a few days ago

Moron

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
If the letter is the reason we don't have a decision by now, it's not that it's changing the decision, it's that Lebron wants to wait as long as possible to burn Gilbert.

I don't see how the letter could change his mind now (people are saying Riley turned Lebron by talking about the letter). I'm not buying that.

I'm sure we'll see Sheridan flip flop soon. Heck, even if he doesn't, what would it really matter to his reputation? Insiders are wrong all the time. He's just following a source.

But oh well, the NBA and Lebron got what they wanted over the past week, ratings and attention.

I don't think I ever truly wanted him back with the Cavs. I thought it would be a nice win for Cleveland. But it appears we'll have more people ripping on Cleveland for something that was never going to happen.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Of course Gilbert issued could have a better apology, or hey, maybe taken down that stupid letter sooner than, I don't know, a few days ago

Moron

Agreed, but if that letter is the the lynch pin for trhis decision, then the answwer could have been made public long ago.

It's not like that elephant just came into the room.

IF... IF... that is the reason given for not coming here then I lose what respect I have for lebron, respect that is dwndling hourly as he lets, Cleveland, Miami, Bosh, et al all flap in the wind.

But I will stand by my feeling... he aint coming here and never was. I hope I get to eat some crow , though

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
I think Lebron is notifying his family and friends one at a time that he's going to Miami and watching for when Sheridan backs out of his story. Then he'll at least know where the "leak" in his inner circle is.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Chris Sheridan calls out Chris Broussard and journalistic integrity. Wow, this guy is going all in and then some.

Chris Sheridan

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Let me preface what I am about to say with the fact that I could not care less if James comes back, goes to Miami, retires, whatever..... I think watching the NBA is only slightly more interesting than watching grass grow. Slightly.

But watching ESPN this week is making my head hurt. The expert talking heads have literally changed their minds every day this week. As I type this it is apparently Miami Day because they are having the times of their lives mentioning/quoting Dan Gilbert's letter every 30 seconds or so. Of course, the alternate topic is Josh Gordon and how he should be exiled to Outer Mongolia according to Cris Carter. If I didn't know better I'd say all those guys are worried they're going to have to spend their Fall and Winter in Cleveland covering the Cavs and Browns.

To be blunt, LeBron enjoys having his ass kissed. Hell, who doesn't? But his ego is so large that he needs it constantly. His need to be in the spotlight is the same. He was that way when he was here before. He's that way now. And he'll be that way wherever he plays in the future. As long as his "new" team understands that and pledges it's undying love he'll be fine wherever he goes. So whoever can pucker up the biggest/best wins the "prize". Be careful what you wish for, Cleveland. You might get it.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

Came here to post this.

Gives me hope in Sheridan's source now, though. He said in that meeting, Pat Riley knew LeBron was out the door and went negative about Gilbert rather than actually pitching the Heat....

Sounds like he should run for POTUS. "I ain't got nothin'...but that other guy? He eats puppies and kittens and runs over little old ladies when they try to cross the street."

What kills me in all this is that nobody knows if Gilbert and LBJ have or have not talked about this already. Why would CLE even be in the running if that letter is still a sore spot? Just to turn Gilbert into enemy #1? Right.

As far as it still being on the website? It should have been taken down AND DELETED quite some time ago, but I'm sure Dan isn't the one doing web design. Many websites have pages that just get forgotten about. Who knows if there was even a link to the letter. I'm sure news people bookmarked the path 3 years ago for fast access. The bookmark could have been used it to find the thing sitting in a directory. They then said it is still up when it wasn't intended to be. Does anyone here know if the letter still had a direct link to it?

At this point I am off of the radio, TV, Sports NEws internet. I'm done with it. When it happens what is the difference if I know 3 minutes or 30 minutes later than everyone else?

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
he just wants to make an ass out of gilbert. even if gilbert apologizes this very second, he probably still returns to miami..what a nutjob lebron is.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

he just wants to make an ass out of gilbert. even if gilbert apologizes this very second, he probably still returns to miami..what a nutjob lebron is.

Very possible. The guy changes his mind and he can cite the letter and all the people (sans me) in the world would believe it.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Listening to "Kiley & Booms" on 92.3

1) Is this a real show? This sounds like a parody of really bad 90's morning zoo radio. People listen to this?

2) I really hope the city doesn't react like these knobs

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

jc

mo williams calls out article as fake:

https://twitter.com/mowilliams

This upsets me. I wish Mo Williams actually had a ThunderCats obsession and started calling all Cavs players ThunderCats related names. We could have rebranded as the Thunder Cavs. Opening announcements could have started with the "Thunder Thunder Thunder Cavs GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Oh, man. I'm so bummed that never happened and was never on the table.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs and NBA Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard