Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Chris Sheridan calls out Chris Broussard and journalistic integrity. Wow, this guy is going all in and then some.

Chris Sheridan

He's toast.

He's lost all confidence in his source.

LeBron might still end up in Cleveland but this dude has zero confidence in his source.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
yea he's definitely in panic mode..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

j/c

Listening to "Kiley & Booms" on 92.3

1) Is this a real show? This sounds like a parody of really bad 90's morning zoo radio. People listen to this?

2) I really hope the city doesn't react like these knobs

I don't know anyone who listens to them, it is quite possibly the worst radio show I have ever listened to. It blows my mind they are still on the air.

Eat it Phil...
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

j/c

1) Is this a real show? This sounds like a parody of really bad 90's morning zoo radio. People listen to this?

I don't know anyone who listens to them, it is quite possibly the worst radio show I have ever listened to. It blows my mind they are still on the air.

Right?

I was baffled.

Had to turn it off when the one who sounds like he's done too much coke started ranting that LeBron's wife and kids aren't welcome in Cleveland.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

j/c

Right?

I was baffled.

Had to turn it off when the one who sounds like he's done too much coke started ranting that LeBron's wife and kids aren't welcome in Cleveland.

Putrid radio. Bad schtick. Booms is absolutely embarrassing. I can't understand how they have an audience other than the old adage that it's hard to not watch a train wreck.

Legend
Legend
J/C ........

I see no way that the letter is anything at this point. If it was, then Lebron would have never even considered Cleveland, and would certainly not have taken steps that could hurt his friends on the team.

What I do see is this:

Houston has a decision to make on Chandler Parsons. They cannot easily both sign Bosh and re-sign Parsons. They have, I believe, 2 days left before they either match Parson's offer sheet, or lose him.

Houston can wait till then, but no longer on Bosh.

If Lebron is heading back to Miami, then it's no big deal if he waits till, and past that point. However, if he waits past that point, and then leaves Miami, he screws Bosh over. Bosh would lose his max contract/ideal situation at that point. I just can't see Lebron doing that to Bosh.

I do wonder if Lebron is hoping that Bosh will jump first ...... then he's not the bad guy in Miami.

There has been talk that perhaps Bosh goes to Houston, and then Melo does a sign and trade to get his max deal and also go to Miami with Lebron ...... but the problem with that is that Miami has nothing to trade. Their assets are the 2 guys they just signed, Cole and Napier, They already owe us their 2015 1st round pick, depending on their record. Plus, because they used the mid level exemption, they cannot exceed a hard cap of $81 million. Wade (and Lebron as well) would have to take a considerable discount to make that work. I don't see that as realistic, but who knows for sure with Riley involved?

As far as the idea that he is going to "punish" Gilbert ...... you never go that far ... because you never know what the future will hold. Lebron's management company represents athletes across sports, and if he gets a reputation for being that petty, no one is going to want to do business with him. I do believe that image is very important to Lebron, and "punishing" Gilbert, along with the friends he has on the Cavaliers, would really hurt that image. Again.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

As far as the idea that he is going to "punish" Gilbert ...... you never go that far ... because you never know what the future will hold. Lebron's management company represents athletes across sports, and if he gets a reputation for being that petty, no one is going to want to do business with him. I do believe that image is very important to Lebron, and "punishing" Gilbert, along with the friends he has on the Cavaliers, would really hurt that image. Again.

To your point about his image and how the Decision II is going to hurt him and possibly Cleveland again. It really appears we're already too far for that not to happen. If the letter keeps him from signing, then the Cavs should never have been in the hunt at all, his agent should have denied a meeting with the Cavs to make sure Cleveland didn't get it's hopes up.

It seems like this will explode all over Lebron for holding the league hostage, make Cleveland the butt of even more jokes, and ruin the Cavs franchise for years because of what they had to give up to make the room under the cap.

Man, this is becoming a disaster for everyone involved.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Just like everybody else, if he stays, and its "because" of the letter?

Bull____.

You were never coming here. Be a man. Own up to it.

Pat Riley isn't the cleanest buisness man in the workd either, ask Stan Van Gundy.

I'm at drill, and basically may just leave my phone in my car, because I almost don't even care anymore..

They want Melo in Miami, and want Bosh to make up his mind and pick Houston, so they again, don't have to be the bad guys..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

j/c

Right?

I was baffled.

Putrid radio. Bad schtick. Booms is absolutely embarrassing. I can't understand how they have an audience other than the old adage that it's hard to not watch a train wreck.

I can't stand them but they get decent ratings because in terms of local sports talk they have no competition. KNR has Mike and Mike and Cleveland sports are only mentioned in either situations like we are in now or when they play a major team like NY/Boston and it only to mention The major teams opponent.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

and ruin the Cavs franchise for years because of what they had to give up to make the room under the cap.

Seriously?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

make Cleveland the butt of even more jokes, and ruin the Cavs franchise for years because of what they had to give up to make the room under the cap.

Melodramatic much? We gave up a first rounder to offload Jarett Jack's contract which gives us flexibility to do a lot of things. That's practically nothing, considering we own first round picks from 2 or 3 other teams right now.

The only other thing this has prevented us from doing is giving Gordon Hayward a max contract ... which is also probably a good thing.

ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
We were giving up Jack regardless..

I won't miss Karasev or Zeller that much...

We now have the room to go out and sign some solid guys, or go after a guy like Bledsoe (who I don't really think fits)

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
yeah, I do not see where our moves have been impacted yet save for Haywood, and I am not as high on him as most, so no loss to me there.

Still this log jam needs to be broken so wo can move forward, we have pieces in place and flexibilty to add more now and in the future, lebron or no the Cavs are are on the rise.

I almost kind of which we could do it without him.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
M
Legend
Legend
M
And now there's this. Cavs adamant the letter is not an issue per Sam Amico with FS Ohio.

This is beyond ridiculous. Time to call Maverick and launch the Alert 5 aircraft.

Sam Amico

M
Legend
Legend
M
Cavs have been in ongoing talks with Lebron's agent discussing potential free agents. Again, per Sam Amico.

Cavs Talking with Lebron's Agent

M
Legend
Legend
M
And one more for measure regarding the letter rumors.

Letter Report

Legend
Legend
Yesterday (Thursday) I really thought he'd be back to play for the Cavs. Today? Maybe Miami again.....

Legend
Legend
P.S.

'The waiting is the hardest part.' - Tom Petty

D
Legend
Legend
D
I once heard a parody song about Deliverance called "Ned Beatty Had The Hardest Part" sung to that melody. Very funny.

EDIT: here it is ...

Last edited by Dave; 07/11/14 11:14 AM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

make Cleveland the butt of even more jokes, and ruin the Cavs franchise for years because of what they had to give up to make the room under the cap.

Melodramatic much? We gave up a first rounder to offload Jarett Jack's contract which gives us flexibility to do a lot of things. That's practically nothing, considering we own first round picks from 2 or 3 other teams right now.

The only other thing this has prevented us from doing is giving Gordon Hayward a max contract ... which is also probably a good thing.

It's the Hayword and first rounder loss. Both could hurt the team badly.

Of course we don't know if they were going to offer a max to Hayword, if he would accept, and we still don't know if it gets matched. But we'll never know.

As for the first rounder, with this team, if they don't get Lebron, a first rounder could become a valuable pick. Unless it's a protected first, which I didn't hear about. That's a lot to give up for a shot at getting Lebron. If you get him it's worth it.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Cavs have been in ongoing talks with Lebron's agent discussing potential free agents. Again, per Sam Amico.

Cavs Talking with Lebron's Agent

I believe it's getting into a more serious stage.

I've just heard that the Cav's and his agent have asked Maxwell Smart to borrow "The Cones of Silence".

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Of course we don't know if they were going to offer a max to Hayword, if he would accept, and we still don't know if it gets matched. But we'll never know.

As for the first rounder, with this team, if they don't get Lebron, a first rounder could become a valuable pick. Unless it's a protected first, which I didn't hear about. That's a lot to give up for a shot at getting Lebron. If you get him it's worth it.

Well, we should know about Hayward because Charlotte just offered the max ... and the Jazz can match it. I still don't know that he's worth a max contract.

And the first rounder is top 10 protected for 2 or 3 years. It's hardly going to set the franchise back any.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, it's protected.

And the move is still worth it even if Bron stays, unless we sign no one with the space (or sign a stiff)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Nancy... " ok Nick we are at the chapel no\w so no one can hear us"

Nick... " what did you say?"

nancy... " I said no one can hear us "

Nick... " what?"

Firesign Theatre Reference for all you young uns

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
Meanwhile, here's Chris bosh this morning ...

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Yeah, it's protected.

And the move is still worth it even if Bron stays, unless we sign no one with the space (or sign a stiff)

I don't know about that. There would have been plenty of space without the trade to go after a guy like Ariza. Parsons and Gordon have already signed offer sheets.

It looks like we would have just burned a few decent assets for no reason if Lebron doesn't come back.

Also as an aside (not directing this at you by any means), remember that stupid 'win now' push for the 8th seed in the East last year? We traded away five picks for one year rentals of Deng and Hawes. Now we're effectively burning five more picks (3 to get Zeller, 1 for Karasev, plus the first rounder) just to unload Jack's contract. Just something to consider when you want the team to win now and to heck with the future. 10 picks.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Well, we should know about Hayward because Charlotte just offered the max ... and the Jazz can match it. I still don't know that he's worth a max contract.

And the first rounder is top 10 protected for 2 or 3 years. It's hardly going to set the franchise back any.

And thanks to PDR as well. I didn't know it was protected.

And yes, I agree, Hayword isn't a max player. I doubt the Jazz match.

[Linked Image]

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Guy is still waffling. Unbelievable.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

At the risk of ruffling a few feathers.........

This is the same player whose fans burned his jerseys, talked about him like he was less than dirt and wouldn't have spit on him if he were on fire. Yet would have spit on him if he weren't. He made a stupid decision as a very young man to display leaving the Cavs the way he did and everyone took that as some kind of personal assault. The owner of the team, who acted in no less of a childish way than LBJ, printed a letter to lambaste LBJ. So he's as much to blame for the current situation as anyone.

Now people are waiting with baited breath in hopes he will return. Once again they're acting like him waiting to make his decision is somehow a cat and mouse game he's playing with the Cavs. The entire subject is extremely comical to me.

I hate to break it to you, but if I were LBJ, I wouldn't touch Cleveland with a ten foot pole. The total lack of professionalism from the owner, to the hatred shown by the fan base when I left would make it the very last place I would play.

If I were LBJ? For my brand and publicity, I would keep this in the spotlight for as long as I could. Once again there will be corporate deals and commercials which will happen because of "The decision.2.0". It's a money maker.

Yet everyone thinks it's some kind of personal vendetta to Cleveland? I highly doubt LBJ cares enough to do that. He's about the money and the brand. And what he's doing is smart business.

And if you want to place blame for the NBA standing idle until he makes his decision? Blame the NBA. Bosh can sign if he wants to. If he wishes to wait on LBJ, that's his choice. A circus is being built around his decision. He didn't build the circus.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I agree...but if you know you aren't going to sign with Cleveland, then it doesn't hurt you to say that and then also don't allow your agent to talk to the Cavs. And tell the Cavs to let their own fans know you're going elsewhere.

You can still delay the decision as long as you want.

Thing is, he got blasted for Decision I for how he treated Cleveland. If he's making the same mistake again, he's going to take heat for it.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If he's making the same mistake again, he's going to take heat for it

No pun intended?

Joe Thomas #73
M
Legend
Legend
M
Dan Wetzel with Yahoo, reporting that Lebron source saying letter Gilbert wrote is a non-issue.

Dan Wetzel

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

If he's making the same mistake again, he's going to take heat for it

No pun intended?

After I hit submit and re-read it and laughed. No, I didn't intend it.

[Linked Image]

L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

Dan Wetzel with Yahoo, reporting that Lebron source saying letter Gilbert wrote is a non-issue.

Dan Wetzel

rest of the quote was telling as well

LeBron sources: Gilbert letter a non issue. Pull of "saving" Cleveland considerable. If just about hoops, stays in Miami w short term deal

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I agree...but if you know you aren't going to sign with Cleveland, then it doesn't hurt you to say that and then also don't allow your agent to talk to the Cavs. And tell the Cavs to let their own fans know you're going elsewhere.

You can still delay the decision as long as you want.

Thing is, he got blasted for Decision I for how he treated Cleveland. If he's making the same mistake again, he's going to take heat for it.

I understand that. But if you get three commercials making some sort of parody of "The decision 2.0" worth millions, why would you be in any hurry?

I mean LBJ hasn't made any money in the Cleveland market for years, so that wouldn't change.

The problem is, when it comes to marketing, the longer your name is in the headlines, the better. You can't let the Cavs know and their fan base know while delaying the decision. That's pretty much making a decision.

As much as fans hate hearing it, athletes really don't owe fans anything except to play their best wherever they end up playing. Everything else is just business.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
On a lighter note, it's the Cav's vs Milwaukee/Wiggins vs Parker(the NBA channel is billing it that way) in the NBA summer league tonight at 8p on the NBA channel.

......................just an fyi.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

j/c

At the risk of ruffling a few feathers.........

This is the same player whose fans burned his jerseys, talked about him like he was less than dirt and wouldn't have spit on him if he were on fire. Yet would have spit on him if he weren't. He made a stupid decision as a very young man to display leaving the Cavs the way he did and everyone took that as some kind of personal assault. The owner of the team, who acted in no less of a childish way than LBJ, printed a letter to lambaste LBJ. So he's as much to blame for the current situation as anyone.

Now people are waiting with baited breath in hopes he will return. Once again they're acting like him waiting to make his decision is somehow a cat and mouse game he's playing with the Cavs. The entire subject is extremely comical to me.

I hate to break it to you, but if I were LBJ, I wouldn't touch Cleveland with a ten foot pole. The total lack of professionalism from the owner, to the hatred shown by the fan base when I left would make it the very last place I would play.

If I were LBJ? For my brand and publicity, I would keep this in the spotlight for as long as I could. Once again there will be corporate deals and commercials which will happen because of "The decision.2.0". It's a money maker.

Yet everyone thinks it's some kind of personal vendetta to Cleveland? I highly doubt LBJ cares enough to do that. He's about the money and the brand. And what he's doing is smart business.

And if you want to place blame for the NBA standing idle until he makes his decision? Blame the NBA. Bosh can sign if he wants to. If he wishes to wait on LBJ, that's his choice. A circus is being built around his decision. He didn't build the circus.

I don't want him to come back, never did. He quit on us before, how do we know he won't quit on us again? Seeing how the Spurs destroyed the Heat in the finals, simply having Lebron on your team doesn't guarantee you will win.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

On a lighter note, it's the Cav's vs Milwaukee/Wiggins vs Parker(the NBA channel is billing it that way) in the NBA summer league tonight at 8p on the NBA channel.

......................just an fyi.

I have the DVR all set.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Meanwhile, here's Chris bosh this morning ...

Still waiting for LeBrontosaurus to text him back?

Poor Bosh

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
1st String
1st String
H

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs and NBA Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard