Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

You notice you guys don't have anything tangible to back up your argument?

It's hard to have anything tangible when your opinion is such and mine thinks his odds are pretty good.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Well, maybe Johnny will bring a championship to Cleveland.

Perhaps his friendship was the tipping factor for LeBron's return.

Lebron has been quoted as saying that he wanted Johnny to go to Dallas. that's because James is a Cowboy fan.

I really really REALLY doubt Johnny had any impact on Lebrons decision to return to Cleveland.

Now think of this: a conversation between LBJ and Gilbert back in June 2010

LBJ: Dan, as long as I'm here, you won't get high draft picks.

DG: I'm listening

LBJ: I'll go to Miami, join Bosh and Wade and win a few championships.. Wade will age out, Bosh won't stick and I'll come back. In the mean time, you get a few guys with the high picks you get for losing and build what is needed to support me and in 2014, I'll return.. we'll feud a little, build drama, then I'll return and we'll win some championships here.

DG: OK,, let's do it.

LBJ: super, I'll call Pat Riley and get the ball rolling.

DG: Ok,, I'll go and draft a nasty letter to you to get the feud talk brewing

LBJ: Perfect.., see ya later

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

When someone says "odds are stacked", one must look at the odds. One would have to take into account the odds of success for a first round QB. One would have to take the odds of QB's less than 6'.

From a statistical standpoint, the odds are most certainly against him.

Heck, this is the third QB we've drafted at #22 since our return in 99. What are the odds of that?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't think there are odds at play.

Odds means you'd have to work up the numbers. Odds are all about numbers. All the numbers that go into it. His height, experience, first round pick, taken at 22, etc, etc, etc.

But it's not a numbers game. Nor is it something you can bet "odds" on. Many have had the odds stacked against them and won out. Many have had the odds in their favor and flamed out. It's not a game of odds.

There are so many variables starting with the player, the other players on the team, the coaches, the scheme, the division competition and even the intangibles. There are no odds on that stuff. A lock for the Hall of Fame can fall into a bad situation and never live up to his potential. A borderline player can fall into a very good situation and his talents & skill can be maximized into a Super Bowl.

The easiest thing to do is cry doom. That's because you can more easily take it back if you're proven wrong. In fact, you won't mind doing it. Much easier than exclaiming glory and watching your guy fail. Then you're truly eating crow and even with salt it tastes bad.

Anyone can be pessimistic and use, as their defense, "odds".

The odds are that you are no more wrong or right than anyone else regardless on what you base your stand upon. One thinks this; the other thinks that. There's nothing wrong with either camp. But there is only one fact and it is that it will all play out on the field in the real games.

Anything before that is merely an opinion.

Yes, an opinion.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I wanna go back to whwt vers was talking about in pre-snap reading of defenses.... I'm not very football knowledgable but i do worry about Johnny in this aspect

He does an excellent job of extending plays and keeping his eyes downfield when things break down but I'm not sure he actually does a good job of reading the defense and figuring out where the mismatches are... The kid has a heart as big as a lion and frequently willed his team too wins but I worry about his football IQ

<><

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C. This may have been said before, but Johnny really seems to do a lot of things you can't teach. If he can master those you can teach, he could really be special.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When you look at this kids game without the highlight reel running around improvising plays, he is still a damn good QB. He is not your under center typical QB because he is gonna struggle seeing over the line. He is going to be like Brees and use those 7 and UMM cough cough 9 step drops lol

anyway this is a really good viewing and read on Manziel Vers should find this one interesting. Very smart kid and he is also very football smart.

web page

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This is the entire bama A&M game

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Full duke/A&M game crazy 2nd half quailty isnt much but u can click settings and change to 480 and it helps a lot

Last edited by Mourgrym; 07/12/14 05:42 PM.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

When you look at this kids game without the highlight reel running around improvising plays, he is still a damn good QB. He is not your under center typical QB because he is gonna struggle seeing over the line. He is going to be like Brees and use those 7 and UMM cough cough 9 step drops lol

anyway this is a really good viewing and read on Manziel Vers should find this one interesting. Very smart kid and he is also very football smart.

web page

that was pretty good. thanks.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That is a damn good read. I was scared as hell of Manziel after the LSU game since I knew NFL defenses would implement the same disciplined style to keep Manziel in the pocket. I also was worried about what I perceived to be missed reads. I am shocked though, that they wouldn't reverse the style of offense or at least the play calling against a team like LSU, which has always been known as having a very effective, disciplined 4 man rush.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c, but will try and touch on some of the other posts.

I'll address this comment first:

Quote:

I agree about Johnny. Odds are pretty low that he'll amount to anything in the NFL.

How so? Because he is short? Yeah, but so are guys like Brees, Wilson, Vick, etc. Because he has to totally revamp his game? Totally revamp? That is an opinion. Before the draft, there was an article out there that Cleveland would be the best spot for Manziel to land because of how Shanny tailor his offense to fit Manziel's strengths. Because he never had a playbook at a high level? Well, name the QBs who have had a high level playbook in the last several years? I've said it many times, the Spread offense makes it difficult to evaluate how qbs will transition to the NFL.

Next...........it was said that people who are defending Manziel bring no tangible proof to the table. I don't think that particular poster brought anything tangible other than Johnny being short. However, people might want to consider these items: Why did Farmer and company draft JM in round one and why were other teams considering him in the first if the odds were low of him ever amounting to anything? Are they idiots? Why did Manziel win the Heisman? How does he lead his team to so many victories? His strong arm, big hands, good touch, ability to buy time, running ability, good numbers from the pocket, tremendous motivational abilities, etc are not as important as what you listed? They are less tangible? I think not.

Moving on:

I really think that reading defenses pre-snap and reading coverages post-snap are the most important things QBs have to do in today's NFL. I think the guys who do it best: Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Luck, Rivers, and Big Ben are proof of that. Look at that list. Their physical statures and backgrounds are very different, yet they all thrive in today's intellectual NFL.

That is why I wanted Bridgewater so badly in this draft. He is the one guy who can read both defenses and coverages. He is one of the very few guys who was even asked to. Second on my list of this year's QBs was Manziel. He doesn't have much experience of reading defenses pre-snap, but he did go through his progressions while reading coverages. Mourg's article proves that to be true. It was interesting to read about A&M's thoughts about how to go through progressions. I have seen Manziel look off safeties, something that a guy like Bortles hasn't mastered yet. I have seen Johnny buy time and read coverages, something that Carr was unable to do because he panicked in the pocket.

Whether or not JM can read defenses and coverages in the NFL remains to be seen, but Gruden was very impressed w/Manziel's football intelligence. Plus, JM has the courage to make it happen.

I have some concerns about Manziel:

--The injury factor. Like Gruden told him.......he has to not put his body in danger as much as he has in the past. I think that him getting hurt is a very real possibility if he doesn't learn when to protect himself.

--Off the field behavior. I don't know what he does 24/7. However, some of these stories are disturbing, especially the one w/the $100 bill. I think it's okay if he goes and has fun, but it looks like he might be teetering on getting into real trouble.

I will be watching how he reads defenses and coverages closely. I do think he has the intelligence to do both, but until he does.........it's an unknown. Again, he was 2nd on my list of this year's crop of QBs in those terms and ahead of anyone from last year's class. He seems far behind Luck, but ahead of RGIII in that regard and he makes Weeden look like............well..........Weeden.

We'll see.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Good post.

Going through his progressions is an indicator that a QB is reading coverages?

Tell me if I'm wrong: Pre-snap the QB looks over the defense as they are set, or nearly set as they do move around pre-snap. The ability to discern what defense they are in and what they plan to do post-snap is reading the defense. In addition, there must be subtle tells that could help identify the coverage they really plan to run because that may change instantly at the snap.

Post-snap, every defender takes a first step. Seeing the defense move on that first step, if mentally processed quick enough, would tell the QB what coverage they are actually in as opposed to pre-snap when the coverage could be disguised. Seeing the defense flow, as a whole, would be an indicator of their coverage plan. This would have to be processed quickly, before pressure interferes taking the QB's mind off that movement and onto the pressure.

Reading defenses can be learned from a book. The subtle tells, while teachable, would probably take experience to really identify with any certainty.

Reading coverages can be learned from film. But it would take a quick mind to identify, for instance, the secondary expanding toward the outside which could indicate the middle coming open. Knowing that is one thing; processing it quickly is another. It takes a quick mind and a fearlessness regarding pressure to process the coverage. The fearlessness of the pressure can come from the confidence the QB may have regarding his ability to identify and escape pressure quickly. Having this, he can take the extra split-second to apply toward reading the coverage.

I'm thinking many failed QB's focus on the pressure before he is finished reading the coverage, (Colt/Weeden), leaving him to scramble around. If he eventually escapes and returns to face the secondary again, having not fully read the coverage earlier, he doesn't know where to expect the secondary to be, so he needs more time to "find" an open receiver, which is difficult because he first has to read the coverage, again, which makes his throw late which gives the secondary extra time to read the routes. This inability to read the coverage makes him resort to a "flipper" in some cases or some other such mistaken/bone-headed pass.

Thus ends the class on reading defenses and coverages.

I'd really like to know where I'm wrong and right on this subject as well as the addition of things I haven't considered. I would really like to know how to identify if a QB can read coverages quickly. There must be indicators.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I found the video below to be interesting. I've always heard of "throwing a receiver open" but wondered of the mental process on how to do that. I've had my assumptions, as I usually do when I don't know, but this explains it pretty well...

"The approach I encourage is to focus on “passing lanes” or “passing windows,” or what the Airraid guys call “open grass.” The idea is that while the “progression” or sequence of receivers superficially tells the quarterback to look at each receiver — Y to X to R — in fact it tells the quarterback to look at the area that their route is running into. From there the quarterback looks to see if there is a passing lane or “open grass” into which he can throw the ball. Looked at this way, his job is less to throw the ball to the open receiver than it is the “throw the receiver” open by throwing it to the open area, and it is the receiver’s job to be there. This excellent video effectively explains the idea..."

link to above quote

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Just thought this was an interesting quote...

""In the time it takes the high school quarterback to decide his primary receiver isn't open, the NFL quarterback has already gone through his entire progression, moved in the pocket to avoid being hit and has thrown the football to his outlet receiver; it all happens that fast!"

QB Progressions

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Encouraging words from Hawkins about Johnny anyway. .

Andrew Hawkins: Johnny Manziel is 'all business' - CBSSports.com
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24617934/andrew-hawkins-johnny-manziel-is-all-business

If you had to pick one phrase to describe Johnny Manziel, what would it be? "Athletic excitement" works. "Vegas baby" would suffice. "Inflatable swan" even.

But "all business"? It wouldn't be the top choice for most folks, though it was for Browns wide receiver Andrew Hawkins during a recent Sirius XM interview (via NFL.com).

"Johnny's all business, man," Hawkins said. "I can't speak for all the other stuff because all I know is the Johnny I see in his playbook all day and trying to learn the plays and pick up an NFL offense, which is extremely hard for anybody, much less a guy who left college early. He worked his butt off, and I think that is all you can ask of him."

This actually fits with Manziel's own claim he spends hours poring over the Cleveland playbook. And it fits with everything you hear about him, when he's not having his picture splashed all over Instagram during a holiday weekend.

Manziel loves the game of football and works hard at it.

If he's put in the effort to get ready for his rookie season in advance of training camp, it'll be obvious in the way he plays on the practice field.

"I think he's doing all the right things now and it's a process," Hawkins said.

Manziel's brushed aside any criticism for how he spends his time during the offseason.

Everyone's got an opinion on how Manziel will do, but no one knows for sure whether he'll sink or swim when the balls start flying for the upcoming season.

We'll find out soon enough.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Read that the other day., that's really not the first time one of his teammates has said positive things about him. Haden has been saying it for a while. I guess we'll see.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Read that the other day., that's really not the first time one of his teammates has said positive things about him. Haden has been saying it for a while. I guess we'll see.

yea. if the cocaine cowboy makes it through the next 2 weeks without getting in trouble.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Only a freaking idiot would interpret what he does on his weekends to be what he does 24/7 instead of working at his job.

And that is the whole problem with the way he is being looked at. We get no information from the team on his progress or the time he spends working. The only information we get are inflated swans and rolled-up $20 bills.

As I said, only an idiot would interpret that as it's all he is.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Only a freaking idiot would not be worried about him rolling up a 20 in a bathroom. like I said. if he stays out of trouble we will see how he is like.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Here's the concearn I have with JM, and it doesn't involve the off feild stuff. He got into trouble at TXA&M for arguing with the HC on the sideline during games because of the play calling. He also liked to taunt opposing players.

If he is not the starter from day one, how long will it be before he says play me or trade me? Will he argue with Pettine about the play calling and run the plays he wants? I hope JM grows up and stops the on field antics he did in college.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Only a freaking idiot would not be worried about him rolling up a 20 in a bathroom.

But it doesn't warrant dubbing him "the cocaine cowboy". That is just idiotic.

If he's busted snorting coke, then it would almost make sense. Otherwise it's jumping on something we know nothings about just to be a smart ass.

Of course, that's only my opinion of you.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

yea. if the cocaine cowboy makes it through the next 2 weeks without getting in trouble.

Excuse me,, But was it written by someone and proven to be fact that he used drugs? Or is that just you saying it?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Excuse me,, But was it written by someone and proven to be fact that he used drugs? Or is that just you saying it?

me from the picture. sorry I don't need a brick house to fall on me to know what is going on.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

me from the picture. sorry I don't need a brick house to fall on me to know what is going on.

Miss Cleo, is that you?

#GMSTRONG
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
pblack18707, errr Miss Cleo, knows the TRUTH!

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for trying to add football conversation into this thread. Ignore the BS from the other guy. Keep posting more stuff like this and the "Open Grass" article.

Quote:

Going through his progressions is an indicator that a QB is reading coverages?

Yes, although it doesn't tell the entire story. I was trying to keep it simple. Many times, defenses disguise their coverages pre-snap and then change them post-snap. What you think will be open changes and the QB has to read the real coverage in about 2 seconds. Very difficult to do.

Quote:

Tell me if I'm wrong: Pre-snap the QB looks over the defense as they are set, or nearly set as they do move around pre-snap. The ability to discern what defense they are in and what they plan to do post-snap is reading the defense. In addition, there must be subtle tells that could help identify the coverage they really plan to run because that may change instantly at the snap.

You are correct. Nicely done.

Quote:

Post-snap, every defender takes a first step. Seeing the defense move on that first step, if mentally processed quick enough, would tell the QB what coverage they are actually in as opposed to pre-snap when the coverage could be disguised. Seeing the defense flow, as a whole, would be an indicator of their coverage plan. This would have to be processed quickly, before pressure interferes taking the QB's mind off that movement and onto the pressure.

This is more complicated. Again, I was trying to keep it simple. After all, we were discussing pictures taking on I-Phones before this. LOL. Most times, defenses disguise their coverages and then change them right before--or right at the snap. In addition to this, you have to add in anticipation to reading coverages post-snap. I hope I am not getting too far ahead here, but you touched on it w/your follow-up post about throwing to open spaces. NFL defenders are so good, so smart, so fast........that they might be able to make plays even if they are in the wrong coverage or they can come off their man/or area and make a play on the ball. The great ones can read defenses pre-snap and post-snap and throw w/anticipation. I'll get into anticipation more in a later post if anyone is interested.

Quote:

Reading defenses can be learned from a book. The subtle tells, while teachable, would probably take experience to really identify with any certainty.

From a book, from field study, from coaching tips.

Quote:

Reading coverages can be learned from film. But it would take a quick mind to identify, for instance, the secondary expanding toward the outside which could indicate the middle coming open. Knowing that is one thing; processing it quickly is another. It takes a quick mind and a fearlessness regarding pressure to process the coverage. The fearlessness of the pressure can come from the confidence the QB may have regarding his ability to identify and escape pressure quickly. Having this, he can take the extra split-second to apply toward reading the coverage.

Kinda. You do read defenses pre-snap and they typically tell you what type of coverage the defense will be in. However, like I said earlier........teams disguise their coverages and you also have to account for great playmakers. Guys like Ed Reed and Troy P come to mind. They come off of their area or man and make huge plays for their team. The hardest thing is that you have to read that in an instant.

Quote:

I'm thinking many failed QB's focus on the pressure before he is finished reading the coverage, (Colt/Weeden), leaving him to scramble around. If he eventually escapes and returns to face the secondary again, having not fully read the coverage earlier, he doesn't know where to expect the secondary to be, so he needs more time to "find" an open receiver, which is difficult because he first has to read the coverage, again, which makes his throw late which gives the secondary extra time to read the routes. This inability to read the coverage makes him resort to a "flipper" in some cases or some other such mistaken/bone-headed pass.

I was telling one of my buddies the other day that if him or I were playing QB in the NFL, all we would see is a blur of humanity. The game slows down for NFL QBs. Now, when you add in pressure from really scary guys, this is a problem for many QBs. Weeden, Colt, and Couch are great examples of this. They either hold it too long and take sacks or bail out of the pocket too early and the play goes to hell. Many also throw really stupid passes. How many times have we all said "where was he throwing that," or "how did he not see that guy?"

Quote:

Thus ends the class on reading defenses and coverages.

I hope it isn't the end. It's an interesting conversation and beats the crap out of the "pictures of Johnny" posts.

My hats off to you. You always impress me in how you want to learn more about the game. It's obvious to me that you did some research before you made your posts. Nicely done.

Look bro..................this subject is very important. I really believe that reading defenses, coverages, and throwing w/anticipation is what separates the great from the good and the good from the busts. Think about this...................why is it that when Hoyer came in the offense sped up? Why wasn't he sacked as much? Why were the receivers seemingly more open? It's all about reading defenses, coverages, and throwing w/anticipation. Well............add guts to it. But, it's a great topic and sure as heck beats the crap that we have been reading.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Oh.............I had read your post earlier today and did some research. Not a lot...........LOL.........but, you---and hopefully others---might enjoy this article. It is pretty simple, but has some good information in it. Hopefully, it is simple enough to understand and thorough enough to educate people.

http://smartfootball.com/passing/attacking-coverages-in-the-passing-game#sthash.aUM0nqd9.dpbs

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Think about this...................why is it that when Hoyer came in the offense sped up? Why wasn't he sacked as much? Why were the receivers seemingly more open? It's all about reading defenses, coverages, and throwing w/anticipation. Well............add guts to it

Browns Film Room: Packaged Plays and Reading Defenders

http://www.draftbrowns.com/2013/10/browns-film-room-packaged-plays-and-reading-defenders/

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think you did have brick house fall on you LOL

I think there were at least 3 or 4 different views on what he may or may not have been doing. You've decided to believe the worst.

He'll be drug tested soon, if he fails, you were right, if he doesn't, will you back off?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
K
Rookie
Rookie
K
I think Doug Flutie's comments are DEAD ON!

As an aside, I never thought Flutie got his fair shake in the NFL. His best shot came with the Bills LATE in his career. He leads them to the playoffs only to have Wade Phillips pull the rug underneath of him in favor of Rob Johnson??

That being said, I think Flutie's game is the closest we've seen to Johnny's. Both extended plays with their legs but made the big plays with their arms. They both were accurate passers.

I cannot wait to see Johnny on the field. He may not wow on the practice field, but when the lights go on, this kid is a PLAYER!

K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Vers, you are DEAD ON. The ability to read defenses (pre and post snap) is what separates the men from the boys in the NFL.

It's why 5-11 Russell Wilson can win a title, but 6-5 Brandon Weeden pees his pants when his first read is covered.

Does Johnny have "it"? He did in college, but can he replicate that success in the pros???

As Browns fans, we can only hope so.

here's to you here's to me, browns fans we'll always be. but if by chance we should disagree, to heck with you and here's to me!
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

I think people are allowing their perception of Johnny's partying to scew just how good he is and how much he improved last season. He went from a one read, tuck and run guy to a progression, pocket passer with elite mobility. There is no questioning how much he improved as a passer in just one off-season.

Whether it translates to the NFL or not is always a question mark, but I agreed with Farmer when he said Manziel has "it". It's that quick twitch brain that guys like Weeden and Quinn absolutely do not have. I can't even tell you how many times I would sit at home and call out a blitz or a coverage that had me screaming at Weeden "He just doesn't get it". It's the guts to dive for a first down in a clutch moment that Weeden didn't have. It's the confidence to lead grown men much older than you. It's that "under the lights" syndrome where the bigger the stage the more he loves it where we see so many guys wilt.

Barring injury Johnny Manziel is going to be a star. I wanted Bridgewater or Manziel at #4, we made out like bandits getting him where we did. No doubt, some of the reason for his fall were maturity issues and we are seeing that play out right now.

If you go watch the games. I've watch his worst games (LSU) and his best games (Alabama). He goes through his progressions, he hits guys who are open, he has touch and accuracy on his throws. He doesn't make excuses! There is a 2nd and goal play where he throws it in the dirt and when he talks to Gruden about it on Grudens show, he's just like "There is absolutely no excuse for that, I just missed it". Accountability! I'll never forget Weeden's response to a pick six and when Gruden asked him about it he said "We won the game".....OMG

Most importantly he has instincts that you just can't coach, how many times did we see Weeden fumble or take a huge hit after standing in the pocket for 6 seconds, like you have to know that is coming by a certain point. If you somehow, some way didn't know it was coming, you would think after the 5th,6th,30th time it happened you would start LEARNING IT! Weeden was a stiff from the word go, no instincts for the game or in the pocket, he was just a baseball pitcher, throwing the football.

Manziels instincts set him apart from anyone else in this past draft. When you add in how effectively he uses his mobility to create, he can be a star. You just don't find guys who have his type of instinct. Run action, play action, option read, the playbook with him is going to be wide open. Injury will be a concern, especially since maturity is a concern, his ego needs to slide.

I can't wait for the preseason to see how they use him.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think people are allowing their perception of Johnny's partying to scew just how good he is

I think people are scared that Johnny's partying is affecting how good he COULD BE.

If he's putting in the work all week and wants to hang with the celebs on the weekends, I don't think anybody here really cares... but we all know that, if he plays, and if he comes out and struggles (which a lot of rookies do) these pics are all going to come back out with a "why weren't you studying the playbook" tag under them.. it may be fair, it may not be fair... but it's going to happen if he struggles.

yebat' Putin
R
Legend
Legend
R
So many mixed emotions reading that post ...

You managed to make me cringe (Weeden) and foster excitement at the same time (Manziel) ... well done ...

C
1st String
1st String
C
Quote:

Quote:

I think people are allowing their perception of Johnny's partying to scew just how good he is

I think people are scared that Johnny's partying is affecting how good he COULD BE.

If he's putting in the work all week and wants to hang with the celebs on the weekends, I don't think anybody here really cares... but we all know that, if he plays, and if he comes out and struggles (which a lot of rookies do) these pics are all going to come back out with a "why weren't you studying the playbook" tag under them.. it may be fair, it may not be fair... but it's going to happen if he struggles.

This dude needs to grow up,and stop acting like a college kid in TJ on a Saturday night.He's gonna find out real quick,just what it takes to be a top QB in the pros,and it isn't rolling a bill in the bathroom either.I want Hoyer starting the season,and let the kid come along later.I think he would be overwhelmed by the looks a NFL defense would give him,and the speed of the game if he were to start right away.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
j/c

Nate Ulrich &#8207;@NateUlrichABJ · 10m
Jimmy Haslam's Pilot Flying J announces it has reached agreement with government & will not be prosecuted, provided it meets the terms.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think there were at least 3 or 4 different views on what he may or may not have been doing. You've decided to believe the worst.

He'll be drug tested soon, if he fails, you were right, if he doesn't, will you back off?

yea the 3 or 4 different views?

#1 he fixing $20 bill for condom machine.

#2 make spit ball tube. " I put that one up"

#3 make antenna for money phone.

#4 doing coke.

he might be drug tested soon or it might have been done in ota.

Quote:

if he fails, you were right, if he doesn't, will you back off?

probley wont back off. just means he got away with it. be worse than JG because the QB spot is more important. I don't want players that just "get away with it" because the risk is always there that they might get caught. simple enough?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

yea the 3 or 4 different views?

#1 he fixing $20 bill for condom machine.

#2 make spit ball tube. " I put that one up"

#3 make antenna for money phone.

#4 doing coke.

he might be drug tested soon or it might have been done in ota.

Quote:

if he fails, you were right, if he doesn't, will you back off?

probley wont back off. just means he got away with it. be worse than JG because the QB spot is more important. I don't want players that just "get away with it" because the risk is always there that they might get caught. simple enough?

So, you are right no matter what the truth is You are killing me man LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

So, you are right no matter what the truth is You are killing me man LOL

well yea. duh.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Johnny Manziel discussion(s) ...continued...

Link Copied to Clipboard