Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
V
Legend
Legend
V
So..................reading between the lines........?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

It sounds like Wiggins is gone.

Haus #898220 08/01/14 08:25 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
It also sounds like he absolutely loves Love.

Which may have had something to do w/your point. LOL...sorry about that.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 08/01/14 08:26 PM.
S
Legend
Legend
S
There's a screenshot going around of an Andrew Wiggins jersey on the NBA shop website. Says it's discontinued, lol. I never want this to end. I love being the center of the basketball universe.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt_YJC7CIAASb2P.jpg:large

S
Legend
Legend
S
Looks like the Pacers aren't going to have Paul George any time soon. He just suffered a really ugly injury in that USA scrimmage out in Vegas. It's really bad looking. Hoping for the best and a quick recovery.

I won't post it, but Deadspin has the video. It's gruesome.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Paul George with a horrific leg injury in the USA Scrimmage tonight. Get well soon PG.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Pacers just went from buyers to sellers very quickly. The East is going to be a poo show.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C

Man, looks career ending.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 08/01/14 11:19 PM.
Haus #898226 08/01/14 11:21 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

How did you get that from what Blatt said??

Did you think he was going to say something bad about KLove, especially considering if we arent able to pull off a trade we will still be the favorites to sign him as a FA in offseason?

Just because a coach says that he likes a player doesnt mean the GM is going to sell the farm to get him.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can't say Ive had more of a reaction from watching a non cleveland sporting event, grrrr

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Did you think he was going to say something bad about KLove, especially considering if we arent able to pull off a trade we will still be the favorites to sign him as a FA in offseason?

Just because a coach says that he likes a player doesnt mean the GM is going to sell the farm to get him.

Yeah that was probably a stretch on my part. I was thinking a while back, Blatt said something to the effect that Wiggins wasn't going anywhere. Fast forward to that video, and he was really gushing about Love, and completely dodged the question about whether Wiggins would be on the opening day roster. It probably doesn't really mean much either way though.

Anyway, Paul George... wow, that is awful. I feel terrible for the guy right now. The video on Deadspin is brutal.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sounds like the basketball "poles" aka stanchions, are a bit closer to the baseline in this vegas arena, compared to regulation nba courts

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
N
Legend
Legend
N
Very sad for Paul George. Hopefully whatever broke did so in a fashion where it will heal cleanly.

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
he will never be the same player. I think he returns, but injuries like that, you are never the same. Shaun Livingston was a young star on the rise, when he shattered his knee. Look how long it has taken him, just to be a serviceable player. Hate to see injuries like that. I would guess he is out probably until early 2016.

Legend
Legend
I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the video,. but seeing him stretchered off the field is bad enough for me. It would really suck to be a great athlete and player, and suddenly have something you love so much taken away from you like that, I pray that he can come all the way back.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
That was awful, just awful. And that kills the Pacers. Sucks for him and them.

I hope he recovers 100% and as soon as possible.

I want to throw up.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
It's a real shame. Feel bad for Bird, and George. I wonder what the pacers will do in the long-term. It's probably unlikely he still plays at a max level when he returns. Tough deal for that organization.

Legend
Legend
Hopefully for him it was a clean break with little soft tissue damage... Def snapped both the tibia and fibula but you won't know how much soft tissue damage there is until an MRI,,,, that will tell you how bad it really is...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Wasn't Coach K on the court for that gruesome Keven Ware injury too? Yikes. Really sucks for the Pacers this year too.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How did you not get that?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...son-for-pacers/

Given the nature of the injury, it sounds like about the best news possible (likely out for the season, but no ancillary damage.)

Haus #898239 08/02/14 09:44 AM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
So..........

Do the Pacers "rebuild" for a year?

Hibbert is wildly inconsistent, they lost Stephenson in free agency, and now George is likely done for the season. The Pacers have practically no shot in the East. Why not "go young" for a season and see if you can't come up with another early lottery pick? The example I am thinking of is when David Robinson got hurt in 1996, the Spurs tanked the season, and they ended up with Tim Duncan.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

he will never be the same player. I think he returns, but injuries like that, you are never the same. Shaun Livingston was a young star on the rise, when he shattered his knee. Look how long it has taken him, just to be a serviceable player. Hate to see injuries like that. I would guess he is out probably until early 2016.

Breaks always look worse than they really are.

Livingston tore his ACL, PCL, MCL, and dislocated his patella -- Way more difficult to overcome than a break.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

Breaks always look worse than they really are.

Livingston tore his ACL, PCL, MCL, and dislocated his patella -- Way more difficult to overcome than a break.

That Livingston injury is one of the worst I've ever seen. I still say to this day that the Clint Malarcuk (goalie for Buffalo) injury is the worst looking I have ever seen. Guy was minutes from dying.

I saw a guy's foot go badly into the boards last year, and it was literally facing the opposite direction of his other foot. Really, really bad. It was tough to finish that game.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I think Malarchuck's was by far the worst sports injury, but following close second to me was Napolean McCallum's knee injury.

Livingston's injury was awful, but much different from PGs. As Top said, breaks initially look much worse. I think PG will rehab well, and we might even see him in action later in the season. It's amazing how Livingston bounced back to have a successful NBA career, I always wish the Cavs resigned him.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
With the report that it was just simply a break with no ligament damage, the only obstacle that he should face next season is a mental one...which can be difficult to overcome sometimes.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Stuff like this is why I wish we wouldn't use NBA players on team usa...sure they are great players, but these guys have too much on the line with their careers. Just use college kids. Or even second 3 tier NBA players..I know injuries can happen whenever, but the likelyhood increases the more you play. The injuries to these superstars effect alot more people. Its why I am glad lebron isn't playing and I hate that we have irving and waiters playing and why we continue to let injury prone Andy play on his national team.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Malarachuk was literally seconds from death. The only reason he lived was the EMT guy literally put his fingers into his throat and pinched off his jugular.

But man those leg injuries, especially the fractures, just look so wrong, I was surprised PG had this injury, the setup for it was so mild. It reminds me of the guy for Kentucky (I think) a few years ago who just took a jump shot and his leg gave out when he landed.

Last edited by Kingcob; 08/02/14 12:54 PM.
N
Legend
Legend
N
At least George has his contract, using the best college kids means they are risking it without a safety net.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
A buddy of mine tore his Achilles this last spring on a simple jump shot. Legs are weird, any variation in structure can result in a gruesome injury without warning

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
so true, fews years back I slipped off the second step on a ladder fell maybe two feet

Felt like a sprain I went to stand up and my foot wouldnt move looked down and its at a 90 degree angle from where it should be. I am sure it would have looked ugly if you saw it happen. Just how I landed.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Looks like Love deal all but done.

"I'm saying it's most likely because Kevin has made it pretty clear that that's what he wants to do," Wolves owner Glen Taylor told the Pioneer Press.

"I think when you move somebody like Kevin, who's been an all-star, that you've got to get a number of players on your team that have the potential of replacing him," Taylor said. "Flip(Saunders, Wolves president) has looked at this team and offensively, he's got a pretty good team. Defensively, it's got to be better, so I think that's where some of the areas will be replaced."

www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24647062/wolves-owner-glen-taylor-acknowledges-kevin-love-trade-demand

L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah that and the fact that you can't buy Wiggin's jersey's anywhere but ebay right now I'd say that the deal is done..lol

Link

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Could be a good investment if you can get your hands on one. Imagine how much one would be worth if Wiggins goes on to have a hall of fame career. And does anybody have any doubt that he will if we trade him?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
True. It would be like having a Kobe Bryant Hornets jersey or a John Elway Colts jersey haha.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I don't understand why the nba has that 30 day rule in place. If you want to trade a player, 30 days isn't going to have that much impact. I just hate having to wait another 3 weeks.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't understand why the nba has that 30 day rule in place. If you want to trade a player, 30 days isn't going to have that much impact. I just hate having to wait another 3 weeks.

Why? It's not like having him now versus 30 days is going to have much impact on our team either.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I understand that, just was wondering why the rule is in place.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I understand that, just was wondering why the rule is in place.

My guess would be to prevent teams from signing bloated non-guaranteed contracts to make trades work?

Legend
Legend
I read something that other day that the deal would be Wiggins, Bennett, and a future 1st round pick ..... which wouldn't be as bad as some deals I have heard suggested.

I wondered if I could out together a deal with only Bennett and draft picks (and minor pieces/non guaranteed deals) that would work from a cap standpoint.

OK, we have a $3 million trade exception from the Gee trade.

We have the following non-guaranteed deals:

Lucas III: $1.6 million
Thomas: $948,163
Murphy: $816,482
Delly: $816,482

We also have Bennett, who appears destined to be traded in this deal.

Bennett: $5,563,920

That would put us at a total of $12,745,047

Haywood makes $2,213,688. That would make our potential pieces, with only including Bennett as a major player, at 14,958,735.

Love makes $15,719,063

We are still $760,030 short of a perfectly matching deal. I am not sure of the NBA rules, but that might be close enough? This deal would cost us a valuable future trade chip in Haywood, and Bennett. It would cost us very little beyond that. It would cost Delly, who would be a loss .... but would allow us to keep both Wiggins and Waiters.

Sure, it's a pipe dream ..... but at least we might be able to make a deal without having to give up anything beyond Bennett and Haywood's non guaranteed deal next year.

Don't I wish?

However, the deal I have heard opined by a couple of people lately is Wiggins, Bennett, and a future 1st round pick. If we can get Love, while keeping the Haywood contract and a 1st round pick next year, (or maybe even 2) and we could draft a big, and maybe even trade for another with that non guaranteed deal and a draft pick.

I think that I would be OK with Wiggins and Bennett, along with one 1st round pick for Love. I hate giving up Wiggins along with Bennett, but you sometimes have to give value to get value. I think that Wiggins would have a much, much better career in Cleveland, playing alongside Lebron ...... and I would love to see how he would develop here .... but that doesn't appear to be in the cards.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA Thread, Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard