#908703 12/28/14 05:08 PM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Period.

Hoyer doesn't have it.

Manziel doesn't either.

We need to get Winston, IMO. But whatever QB we decide to draft, that's our need.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #908713 12/28/14 05:12 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
we can also try to pick one or two up in FA cause Shaw is not an NFL QB.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Swish #908722 12/28/14 05:21 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah. We need a QB with a good head on his shoulders, unlike Manziel.

Let's get Jameis Winston.....

Swish #908728 12/28/14 05:25 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Period.

Hoyer doesn't have it.

Manziel doesn't either.

We need to get Winston, IMO. But whatever QB we decide to draft, that's our need.

I love Winston's talent .....and I think that he has everyone on the field you want in a QB ..... but man, his off the field stuff scares the crap out of me. He is far worse than Manziel off the field, and has been accused of some pretty serious stuff. (including rape) Thus far he has escaped prosecution ..... but there's a whole lot of smoke there (what ... 6 different off the field incidents in his time at FSU?) ..... and that really worries me.

Based on what Petting and Farmer seem to want to build, I would be surprised if Winston is even on their draft board ..... especially after their experience with Manziel.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Swish #908729 12/28/14 05:27 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
FacePalm.

We need to build to stop the run first and foremost. Sign a bridge QB.

Mariota does not impress me and will not transition quickly at the next level He's another major project. As for Winston, Manziel should have taught us that lesson.

Swish #908730 12/28/14 05:27 PM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I agree that Winston off the fiel issues are a concern.

But it's only been one season, yet crow had huge problems and he kept his nose clean.

I think Winston would actually be fine at the pro level as far as maturity, and away from Florida.

I think he's a better wb than mariota.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #908735 12/28/14 05:32 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
But it's only been one season, yet crow had huge problems and he kept his nose clean.

One is a QB who will be handed millions and millions upon signing his deal. The other is an UDFA RB making the league minimum who can be immediately replaced. Two completely different situations.

I find it interesting Crowell didn't see much playing time today and dint't get the start after West was benched last week. Was Crowell at Manziel's party the other night and Pettine wasn't pleased?

Swish #908741 12/28/14 05:36 PM
Legend
Legend
Winston has had problems that make Manziel look like he cheated at checkers or something. He has been accused of some serious stuff.

I bet he is off the board for a number of teams. (and I think that he is the most talented QB in this coming draft)

I also see no way we manage to move up for Mariota. Not with all of the QB desperate teams in front of us.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
He would've been deactivated if so. You're reaching.

The point was young players can and do turn it around when they make it to the pros.

Just like young players can and do end up imploding in trouble when they make it to the pros.

However, Winston is a QB, with way better talent than Manziel and mariota.

We have a running game. We have serviceable WR. And we have a good OL.

We just need a wb, it's top priority.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Winston has had problems that make Manziel look like he cheated at checkers or something. He has been accused of some serious stuff.

I bet he is off the board for a number of teams. (and I think that he is the most talented QB in this coming draft)

I also see no way we manage to move up for Mariota. Not with all of the QB desperate teams in front of us.

He's been accused. He never got convicted.

Which means the worst he ever did was steal some crab legs. Whatever. Dumb, but he got suspended from the baseball season because of it.

For you to be such a big believe in our justic system like in the general threads, it's surpsing that you would hold the major stuff against him seeing how he never got in trouble or even CLOSE.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #908754 12/28/14 05:45 PM
All Pro
All Pro
We need a FA QB and we need to draft a QB. Square 1 again.

GO BROWNS!
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Originally Posted By: TopDawg16
Yeah. We need a QB with a good head on his shoulders, unlike Manziel.

Let's get Jameis Winston.....

I think that you forgot to color that in sarcasm

Swish #908761 12/28/14 05:51 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Sign Hoyer, draft Connor Cook (Michigan St) with one of the 1st round picks.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
We need to win in the trenches but I've seen some hideous umpiring by the zebras this season.

I think back to all these folks that were clamoring to pay these guys more money. Bring back the replacement refs! They did a more decent job at it than these fools have.

Sure, they fumbled a few of the calls, calling the wrong penalty at times (at least they called penalties when they happened) and flagging a player with a non-existent number (like a penalty on #66 instead of #68 when #66 wasn't on the field).

Frankly, I'd say that we should bring in replacements for these boobs and I'm beginning to suspect that there is corruption in the ranks of the NFL officiating crews.

Swish #908773 12/28/14 06:00 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

He's been accused. He never got convicted.

Which means the worst he ever did was steal some crab legs. Whatever. Dumb, but he got suspended from the baseball season because of it.

For you to be such a big believe in our justic system like in the general threads, it's surpsing that you would hold the major stuff against him seeing how he never got in trouble or even CLOSE.

I am just saying how I think the front office will look at it. I love his talent. I think that he could be a great NFL QB. He could also implode. After the Manziel debacle, I don't think that they will take chances at QB again next year. I think that they will go for a guy who is absolutely clean, and who loves the game through and through.

I wonder if the Eagles will put Foles on the block. He could be an interesting guy.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Foles misses way too many open WR's to be of any value to us.

We missed out on Bridgewater who was the best QB since Luck (Not saying he's of equal talent as Luck). I haven't seen much of Garrett Grayson, but he might be the only real QB we have a shot at this year. We're in a bad position where we just need to stack the team and wait for a QB in a future draft. Oh well.

Swish #908806 12/28/14 06:20 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm ok with this as long as we have competition in training camp for QB. Would be nice to have good talent drafted for a change

#gmstrong
Swish #908808 12/28/14 06:21 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
With all the controversy Manziel brought, you want to take Winston?

Tackles are tackles.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

I'm all about talent man. To be honest, Winston is big, read coverages, can run, just looks like a black Big Ben.

I'll take that all day everyday over what we currently have.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #908854 12/28/14 06:52 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
How about Mallet? Then keep Jm or BH and Shaw and take a look at someone in the draft. If they think JM is not the answer see what you can get for him although I think it is too early to give up on him.

Swish #908862 12/28/14 06:58 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Winston will be long gone by the time the Browns draft.

Tennessee and Tampa both need QB's to pass on either would be insane.

FA's or trade is the better route.

Sanchez, Foles, Bradford may be available.

This is not to say that the Browns may use one of their first picks on a QB. But we will be looking at other players.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Swish #908863 12/28/14 07:01 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Going into the finale Bridgewater has completed 64.2 percent of his passes and is averaging 7.2 yards per attempt with 13 touchdowns, 11 interceptions and an 84.9 rating. If it wasn't for the league's dynamic crop of wide receivers, he would be a candidate for offensive rookie of the year.

I'm still mad about Bridgewater. I'm so sick of being right on us QB's that we don't draft.

Swish #908882 12/28/14 07:27 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Draft or FA Needs: WR-TE-OL (Depth)-DL (Run Stuffer)-OLB (Pass Rusher)-Saftey/CB (Depth) kicker ... JMHO thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Swish #908898 12/28/14 07:47 PM
Legend
Legend
it's remained the same since 1999

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I've wondered about the corruption angle too. I'd be curious to know what precautions are taken to ensure refs don't get large Xmas presents.

Swish #908929 12/28/14 08:35 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
He would've been deactivated if so. You're reaching.

The point was young players can and do turn it around when they make it to the pros.

Just like young players can and do end up imploding in trouble when they make it to the pros.

However, Winston is a QB, with way better talent than Manziel and mariota.

We have a running game. We have serviceable WR. And we have a good OL.

We just need a wb, it's top priority.

Reaching? lol. How many opportunities did Crowell get today? Maybe I'm wrong, but certainly not a reach. A reach is having faith in Winston keeping his nose clean in the NFL after he gets paid.

Here's Rodney Harrison's take on James Winston:

Follow

‏@CindyBoren
Rodney Harrison on giving Jameis Winston $20M guaranteed: "I think he would lose his mind."

Link

I would run as fast as I could in the opposite direction of Winston. I suspect many teams will. Not to mention the PR disaster this would be on the heels of the Manziel debacle.

There's more to the NFL than athletic talent.

Swish #908945 12/28/14 08:47 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
more comments that these kids shouldn't be making.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-s...-234057289.html

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
more comments that these kids shouldn't be making.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-s...-234057289.html

Why not?

Do you want your Quarterback saying "No, he's too good. I don't want to go anywhere near him!"

There's plenty to rip Jameis for, but you're reaching here.

Swish #909008 12/28/14 10:02 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dak Prescott is my top QB and I dont think i would take a shot on him until the 2nd at the earliest. Winston would not be on my draft board. Mariotta doesnt have the accuracy to be a good QB at the next level.

Swish #909015 12/28/14 10:12 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'd like a QB who doesn't come from a tailor made gimmick college football offense.

No more McCoys, Tebows, Manziels, Smiths, etc.

We need more Luck type players. NFL ready QBs seem to be a short sight.

Swish #909052 12/28/14 11:20 PM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A

I'm all about talent man. To be honest, Winston is big, read coverages, can run, just looks like a black Big Ben.

Seriously man, what does his color have to do with it? If you think he plays like Ben Roethlisberger, then say so, but don't try to add 'color commentary' to your statements. It makes you look stupid and shallow.

As for the comparisons, it might be similar with the exception that I don't think Roethlisberger ever stole crab legs from Publix and saying that he simply forgot to pay for them.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Tennessee and Tampa both need QB's to pass on either would be insane.

I don't agree that either team needs a QB. Both have nice QBs to build with in Mettenberger in Tennessee and Glennon in Tampa.

The questions that should get asked is whether either team will be sensible and follow those routes. Considering Lovie Smith's past comments, I'm not so sure. I think that Whisenhunt will probably go with Mettenberger because I'm not sure he's the kind that would put up with Winston's off-field crap.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well to be fair both got away with rape. So they do have a lot in common.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I know this isn't popular because everyone assumes Hoyer is a finished product, but we just need to do a mea culpa with Hoyer and his agent and resign him. Bring in a real QB coach who will work with him. Make him the unquestioned starter. Most of the fanbase has turned on Manziel. Maybe him playing can be a silver lining for Hoyer. He obviously did not respond well to the Manziel pressure but he shouldn't have any of that next year.

Another year with the same coaches, systems, and players at key positions should help. If they like a developmental QB late in the draft, take a flyer on him. Limit your needs and unknowns and draft BPA. Don't chase some imaginary savior that won't be there.

At this point we need to follow Cincys model for success. Consistency.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
we can also try to pick one or two up in FA cause Shaw is not an NFL QB.

Shaw isn't the answer as you say,, and neither is Hoyer long term.

We're kinda stuck with Manziel. Maybe. Haslam and Pettine both made it seem pretty clear that his act won't be tolerated going forward. (same with Gordon and Gilbert)

I wish we could find a guy with the arm of brett favre and the heart of either Hoyer or Shaw. Now that would be one helluva a QB

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: anarchy2day

Seriously man, what does his color have to do with it? If you think he plays like Ben Roethlisberger, then say so, but don't try to add 'color commentary' to your statements. It makes you look stupid and shallow.

As for the comparisons, it might be similar with the exception that I don't think Roethlisberger ever stole crab legs from Publix and saying that he simply forgot to pay for them.

His color has nothing to do with it, it was just a description. Calm down.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
We aren't stuck with anybody.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #909235 12/29/14 01:14 PM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I won't calm down because this is problematic, in our society as a whole, and a cause of divisiveness.

And you say that it's just a description but it isn't - especially coming from you.

He's like Roethlisberger with even more negative aspects to his character.

Swish #909237 12/29/14 01:15 PM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
We aren't stuck with anybody.

Finally, we can agree on this.

Others would cut Manziel and others, but I wouldn't. I would keep them on the roster (at least until someone calls inquiring about trading for them) as the last string.

Swish #909326 12/29/14 03:29 PM
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There is about a zero chance of us getting a 1st round QB. We aren't cutting or bailing on Manziel this year, that's just nonsense. We have big needs.

If I am cutting or bailing on anyone it's Josh Gordon and we have 3 midgets at WR, Gabriel, Hawkins and Benjamin. All who cannot block a lick....that is the biggest issue we have. Our wideouts are garbage.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 #1 draft need: QB

Link Copied to Clipboard