Next Thread
Print Thread
B
BatDawg Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
B

Since I have been able to get back onto the site, it wouldn't send me a new password since the crash back in the summer, I have two issues:

1) Whenever I read a topic now it doesn't jump to the latest 'unread' entries and instead takes me to the first post. I would like to be able to read what is new on the topic.

2) When I do read any thread and click to go and read another topic in that section all of the threads appear as if I have read them already, even though I have not yet caught up on them.

Makes sense?

I have cleared cache and cookies, logged out and back in again, so any suggestions and or help is appreciated.

Thanks

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
Legend
Legend
There is a thread in the Draft forum that does that to me. (The #1 Draft Need: QB thread)

All of the others, in that forum and others, work properly.

It's just weird.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have the same problem YTown, just that thread.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
B
BatDawg Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
B

Does it to me for every thread.

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
1st String
1st String
I don't have a lot of suggestions at this point, except to try ensuring that you view at least one thread in every forum, then see if it begins to track things correctly.

As for the singular Draft thread, yes, that sort of issue has happened in the past. Usually when a moderator has to remove some posts from within the middle of the thread. It usually corrects itself after a certain number of other posts are made to it.

B
BatDawg Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
B

Still happening. Tried the 'read a post in each forum' thing.

I am open to other suggestions.

Legend
Legend
What web browser are you using, and what version is it?

If you don't know how/where to find the version info, just let me know the browser name and I can tell you where to find the info.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Things seem to work well in Maxthon Cloud. tongue wink (The browser that few people in the US have heard of)

I will have to check how things work in Nitro as well.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
The site flies in Maxthon Nitro. (though I give up too many features with that version)

Legend
Legend
Never even heard of Maxthon, it's not too bad.

#GMSTRONG
B
BatDawg Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
What web browser are you using, and what version is it?

If you don't know how/where to find the version info, just let me know the browser name and I can tell you where to find the info.

Firefox. 34.0.5

Legend
Legend
Click this to mark everything on the site as 'Read', then see if it proceeds normally after that.

I downloaded and installed that version of Firefox (which is the latest) and I can't replicate the issue. Using one of my admin tools, I even viewed the site under your login and things behave correctly - clicking on a link for a thread took me to where it should (last unread post), so it isn't an issue with your account.

I'm really kinda at a loss for suggestions other that to suggest that you check cookie settings again, perhaps ensure that there is no cacheing or proxying going on..... I don't know frown

Browns is the Browns

C
Legend
Legend
C
When I click on a thread it doesn't take me to the most recent post, but some random post in the middle.

Will the "Jump to most recent post" link be coming back?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Never even heard of Maxthon, it's not too bad.

I really like it.

Plus, I never have to worry about my multitude of bookmarks, or my personal settings, colors, skins, etc., because they are stored online. Just sign in, and there they are. (kind of like magic, for another poster)

Legend
Legend
Additionally, try a different browser. See if changing browsers clears up the problem. If so, then you know for certain that it is something isolated to your install of Firefox.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
When I click on a thread it doesn't take me to the most recent post, but some random post in the middle.

It'll take you to whatever it believes to be the first post you have not viewed. It may seem random, but it isn't.

No, that link won't likely be coming back as entering the thread alone does what it could do (taking you to the first unread post).

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Not sure why you would want to go to the most recent post, but just click on the date/time link in the far right column of a forum…it will take you there.

Your browser should remember the last post you read and take you to the first unread, as Purp said. That's how most forums should, and do, work.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think he meant first unread post Michelle and it's not doing that for him. I'm having the same problem with the QB thread but Purp explained that the problem there is because Mods may have deleted posts or merged them.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
B
BatDawg Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
B

Tried Chrome, works as I expect Firefox should (and did). Now to figure out what changed and correct it.

B
BatDawg Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
B

Of course that could be a long list, since I was unable to log in since the crash in the summer. I could view the site and read, but not log in, nor get any reply from the refs in multiple emails sent asking for help, so yeah a lot of changes since then, lol.

PS - If I am ever not on here for 2 weeks after a crash it means same thing is happenening. rofl

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: dawg66
I think he meant first unread post Michelle and it's not doing that for him. I'm having the same problem with the QB thread but Purp explained that the problem there is because Mods may have deleted posts or merged them.

Yes. This is what I meant. And it is still a problem. Any thread that has more than one page when I click on it will take me to the top post on the page of the first unread post. It is incredible frustrating.

B
BatDawg Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: dawg66

Yes. This is what I meant. And it is still a problem. Any thread that has more than one page when I click on it will take me to the top post on the page of the first unread post. It is incredible frustrating.

That is also an issue I am having. Yes incredibly frustrating. Still working to figure out that the the other problem I am having.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Referee00
I don't have a lot of suggestions at this point, except to try ensuring that you view at least one thread in every forum, then see if it begins to track things correctly.

As for the singular Draft thread, yes, that sort of issue has happened in the past. Usually when a moderator has to remove some posts from within the middle of the thread. It usually corrects itself after a certain number of other posts are made to it.

I have it happening in that qb thread as well but it is also happening in the #gmstrong thread, and while it might have, it hardly seems like the kind of thread where deleting posts is going to occur.

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
When I see there are new threads in a forum, I open that thread, read them, then go back - and it still shows unread threads/topics, even though I've read them.

Legend
Legend
I'm having issues with this as well. Looking for a solution.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
I think I figured out the cause, now looking for a solution.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Ok, solution found and in place.

This was caused by how the software was optimizing URLs for search engines. It was, essentially, not doing it correctly and leaving characters in the URL that should not be there (such as '#'). It has been corrected and tested to be functioning as expected on the #1 QB thread.

Browns is the Browns

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't know if this has been brought up already, but the site won't allow me to delete a post.

For example, I just tried to delete this post and it said, "This post may no longer be deleted."

Not a huge deal, just giving a heads up.

Last edited by cfrs15; 01/22/15 12:40 AM.
Legend
Legend
yeah me too

Legend
Legend
Yeah, I think I have the timeout value set way too low. It used to be either 30 minutes, or 3 hours.... can't remember which.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Hmmm... it's not a timeout setting. It's clearly a bug. I cannot delete my posts, either.

Adding it to the list...

Browns is the Browns

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
yea. i didnt notice that. just tried that. just wondering why you all are trying to delete a post you made?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
C
Legend
Legend
C
Usually I try to delete something if someone else just said the same thing or if I say something stupid and want it gone. Usually the latter.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum Issues within forums and threads

Link Copied to Clipboard