Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#914584 01/12/15 09:07 AM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I thought there was a pre-existing thread on this topic but couldn't find with a quick glance...Anyways, I thought this should come back into focus since we will be unveiling them relatively soon. Here are some recent comments from journalists and other news outlets...

Quote:
#Browns will have 6 uni combos, 3 jerseys (brown, orange & light) + 3 different pairs of pants + new helmet @MattLoede @DawgPoundNation

Quote:
Another note on #Browns new uniform/logo - Brownie elf is not part of the design from what I've heard from several sources

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN

Quote:
@MattLoede @DawgPoundNation I heard an executive slip at a game and say there's gonna b a gray version similar to what Seahawks did

Quote:
@RuiterWrongFAN @DawgPoundNation @lalodadon_ face mask will have a change as well

Quote:
@lalodadon_ No there will be no logo on the helmet; shade/hue of orange will change to "pop" in HDTV; stripe may be modified too

Quote:
.@RuiterWrongFAN @MattLoede I honestly have no clue if he's right, but I've heard the gray is a primary in a few places now.

https://twitter.com/DawgPoundNation

Take the above for what it is worth......

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like the idea of adding grey.

I worry that the change in shade of orange to make it pop is going to rival the Tennessee volunteers or old TB bucs orange.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #914587 01/12/15 09:28 AM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Considering our owner is a Tennessee Volunteer Alum, I could definitely see that.

Then Peyton will definitely sign on for an exec job. rofl

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Again, for what it is worth.

Quote:
The design that looks like it’s going to be chosen can best be described as a happy medium between Minnesota and Seattle.

Let’s start with the helmet. A flat matte finish in a color I can only describe as “candy orange” with a matching color facemask and sublimated striping enhances the look of the helmet without sacrificing it’s iconic image. The jersey is candy orange with silver accents and brown trim. A custom block font is meant to invoke a blue collar feel. The stripes are subliminated and higher up on the sleeve, kind of like large spaghetti straps. There are three different pairs of pants, Orange, gray and Brown. There is no Brown jersey, but rather a gray with orange chrome accents and white with the same. The pants have the same sublimated striping as the helmet and jerseys. Any questions?

Inside this article, it says this source accurately depicted the new uniforms of several teams. I don't believe the renderings are part of his comments, rather, a fan trying to adjust to what he said.

Again, FWIW. smile

http://www.dawgpoundnation.com/2015/01/11/cleveland-browns-uniform-rumors/

My guess is these comments aren't fully right, but since the Browns announced the change, there have been some common themes... Matte finish, different shade of orange, added grey color. The complete removal of a Brown jersey seems like a new rumor.

It will be interesting to see how much of this is actually accurate.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I like the Orange on the metallic helmets shown at the top much, much better than that ridiculous garbage below it.

Haslam just may have found what it takes for me to stop caring. I feel like the team needs to make a cardboard cutout of him with removable carboard pieces of clothing.

Why did Jr. sell to a minority owner of the Steelers again?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I just don't understand the grey. Why? When has it ever been part of our team colors? I can understand it if your team colors are blue or black. Grey maybe acting as a lighter version of those colors. Our equivalent being tan or beige.
Grey falls completely outside of any color our team has ever worn. (Face mask colors not withstanding.)
I guess I'll never understand.

[Linked Image]
clevesteve #914628 01/12/15 11:27 AM
Legend
Legend
I've been saying for years that they can update the uniform to be more "modern" without changing a whole lot. I think the metallic helmets in that mock-up do just that. I don't think they should have the brown stuff on the bottom of the helmet, but the rest of it looks sharp:

Take away the brown on the bottom, and that looks pretty nice!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
http://fansided.com/2014/04/16/cleveland-browns-new-uniform-concept-accurate-leak-nike-photo/#!QotCJ

Last edited by Jester; 01/12/15 11:31 AM.

Jester #914631 01/12/15 11:32 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not sure why that doesn't come across as a link.

Sorry folks

Jester #914670 01/12/15 01:21 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester
http://fansided.com/2014/04/16/cleveland-browns-new-uniform-concept-accurate-leak-nike-photo/#!QotCJ

I like those a lot better, but that's posted from 38 weeks ago. Who knows what the current iteration is. I'll hope for something like that, though, with a metallic or a matte helmet finish.

ExclDawg #914677 01/12/15 01:29 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
I've been saying for years that they can update the uniform to be more "modern" without changing a whole lot. I think the metallic helmets in that mock-up do just that. I don't think they should have the brown stuff on the bottom of the helmet, but the rest of it looks sharp:

Take away the brown on the bottom, and that looks pretty nice!

I agree. I love that color. I also hope that the stripe is not super wide like on the uniform image at that link.

If we go with a gray uniform, I hope t is a lighter gray than what is shown on the link.

I would definitely miss a brown jersey, as that is my favorite look of all for the Browns. I am not a fan of the orange jerseys .... but if they win, that's all that matters to me.

Oh, and I hope we have cheerleaders. rofl wink lol

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dress like a Brown!

Joe Thomas #73
BADdog #914705 01/12/15 02:44 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Dress like a Brown!

I have long been a proponent of new uniforms, not because I expect them to completely change the team from sad sack to Super Bowl champion .... but I do know that perception truly is everything. A new external image can lead to a new internal image .... and a clear and definable break from a long term pattern of losing and ineptness can be helpful in ending such a pattern.

I made a bit of a specialty in my lifetime of turning around failing businesses, and the first, most important step is to put the old in the past. In my last restaurant, when I took it over, the first thing I did was to buy everyone new uniforms, in colors they were not using in the past. I wanted a clear, identifiable, and undeniable image of change. Whenever anyone would say "We never did that ...." I would answer, "That was the old store. This is a new store." It sounds simple, but the mind has great powers, and when people start to believe they can do something, they can do more than they ever though possible. The "impossible" becomes routine.

Now, this is the NFL, but I bet that if you ask most NFL players, they will tell you that there are a few handfuls of truly superstar players, who are like men playing boys. Guys like JJ Watt, Andrew Luck, and similar players are recent examples of this type of player. Then you have a bunch of really good players, maybe 3-6 on each NFL team. The rest of the players are average type players. All have talent. Most have their fates decided by things other than physical talent ..... like drive and determination, willingness to sacrifice to improve themselves as players, the desire to be the best they can be, and so on.

Sometimes making an identifiable and distinct change can impact these players, and give them just that little extra incentive to work just a little harder, and if they have a little more success, then they work just that much harder. This part of the game is mental, and I would guess that it is at least equal to the physical side of the NFL for most players. If new uniforms create just a little more excitement, and incentive for these players to work just that much harder, then they can be a real value.

There is something valuable about a "new set of clothes". Watch how a man changes his whole physical presentation when he goes from wearing short and a t-shirt, to wearing a suit. Observe how others look at him. He walks a little more upright, with a little more swagger. It doesn't matter what he was doing yesterday, today he looks good, and he knows it. Even a rather ordinary man draws attention from women. Don't believe me? Try putting on your best suit, and go walk around the nearest mall. Really watch how people react to you, and how you react to them in turn. It is really amazing to see.

Clothes do not always make the man, but they sure do help a man adjust his attitude ... and attitude is a huge part of success in life ..... even in the NFL.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
I'm amped to see the new uni's. Great, good, bad, or awful...I'm in. Let's see them already.

They'll still be the Browns and they'll still be my #1 team.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
D
Legend
Legend
D
From the Dawgpoundnation link:

All they need is the "T" on the helmets - Go Volunteers!

If they go all orange, I'm going to be annoyed. Update the helmet color/finish, modernize the pants and tops using existing colors. Add hip swooshes or shoulder stripes, add orange pants to the mix, but please - no all-orange, no black, no silver, no gray. We're the Browns.

EDIT: Not sure what happened to the pic I posted, but you can view what I was describing here:

http://www.dawgpoundnation.com/2015/01/11/cleveland-browns-uniform-rumors/

Last edited by Dave; 01/12/15 05:44 PM.
Dave #914738 01/12/15 03:20 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Those are worse than the horrible Tampa Bay and Jacksonville uniforms.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Those are awful. Hideously awful.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
I do not understand the logic behind the idea of getting rid of the Brown jersey. Hopefully that's just a false rumor..

That helmet stripe is waaay too wide.. I'm ok with the taper effect, wider to smaller, but not that wide..

My 3 Jerseys would be Brown, White, and I guess Grey, better than Orange.. while my pants would be White, Orange, and Brown..

I like the Brown on Brown look a lot more than I thought, and honestly don't like the White jersey, Brown pants combo..

My main combos going forward would be..

Home: Brown/Orange, Brown/White, Brown/Brown
Away: White/Orange, White/White

I've always prefered Helmets and Pants match, while the Jersey offsets it, unless you have a good solid look.. all Orange is not that..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dave #914791 01/12/15 04:11 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
IF we go with those uni's I think I might have to stop watching. Ugh.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I want all Brown.

#gmstrong
E.Ryze19 #914854 01/12/15 05:47 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: E.Ryze19
I want all Brown.

Only if they add side stripes to the pants.

clevesteve #914890 01/12/15 06:42 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I like the Orange on the metallic helmets shown at the top much, much better than that ridiculous garbage below it.

Haslam just may have found what it takes for me to stop caring. I feel like the team needs to make a cardboard cutout of him with removable carboard pieces of clothing.

lol - man that Clemson looking thing is hideous.

I do like that helmet though, a lot actually. And I would probably fall into the old fart traditonalist will not embrace a uniform change category. But that is something to start with, hopefully they don't screw it up...most likely they will.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 01/12/15 06:43 PM.
Psydeffect #914894 01/12/15 06:47 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
[In my best Kramer voice] ... "Oh, they'll screw it up."

Psydeffect #914937 01/12/15 08:16 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
[quote]

hopefully they don't screw it up...most likely they will.

Almost assuredly they will

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Orange PANTS! laugh

...but missing all the brown frown

Dave #915361 01/13/15 10:03 AM
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I agree with Dave in that I could tolerate the Brown pants if they put some sort of striping on them.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't want the helmets changed at all...

However I am a fan of bringing back the orange jersey's and orange pants.

I miss those.

Either way, I'm pretty excited to see what these look like.

I hope they get some of our current players pumped up.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
MrKelso #915408 01/13/15 11:21 AM
Legend
Legend
I disagree with not changing the helmet "at all"

You have to change the finish of it, whether it be metallic, matte, whatever..

No more construction cone orange.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
MrKelso #915461 01/13/15 12:39 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrKelso
I don't want the helmets changed at all...

However I am a fan of bringing back the orange jersey's and orange pants.

I miss those.

Either way, I'm pretty excited to see what these look like.

I hope they get some of our current players pumped up.

The orange jerseys always made me want to puke. Hopefully they change the orange in a fairly dramatic way. That dark orange as shown on the helmet might be OK, but that creamsicle orange as a jersey color is just awful.

However, I want something different, to separate this team from the futility of most of the past 15 or so years.

Legend
Legend
My problem with the old orange jerseys was always the drop shadow on the numbers.. just looks dumb.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I don't really have a problem with change, as long as it's a change for the better. VERY few suggestions and possibilities I've seen suggest a change for the better.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So there's been talk of a grey alternate (Thanks Nike) so I wondered what that would look like.. So for a crewed representation here's some MSPaint work for ya..

Also through my web browsing I found this..

And I honestly kind of like it.. The only things I'd change would be to drop the "Belt" at the waistline, it's too busy. And possibly drop the strips on the side of the shoulders.

I to my surprise, don't mind that Orange jersey. But yeah, get rid of that belt.

ThatGuy #915984 01/15/15 03:52 AM
Legend
Legend
Wow, I don't like that gray with that orange. At all. (1st picture)

The helmet sticks out like a sore thumb.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Uniwatch had some fan designs sent in last year. Here are some of their favorites (not necessarily the best ones):

And my favorite:

There are dozens more to look at here.

cfrs15 #915986 01/15/15 04:19 AM
Legend
Legend

ThatGuy #916016 01/15/15 09:39 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like this concept with some tweaks like darkening up the orange.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65516705@N00/8434988989/in/set-72157632661454487

Jester #916024 01/15/15 10:24 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Not bad - clean, simple design - I'd be okay with those.

Jester #916033 01/15/15 11:02 AM
Legend
Legend
I'd drop the Elf logo.

Also not big on those, what is that Tan, pants?

Its very Batch Davis era Miami style.

ThatGuy #916042 01/15/15 11:42 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
So there's been talk of a grey alternate (Thanks Nike) so I wondered what that would look like.. So for a crewed representation here's some MSPaint work for ya..

Also through my web browsing I found this..

And I honestly kind of like it.. The only things I'd change would be to drop the "Belt" at the waistline, it's too busy. And possibly drop the strips on the side of the shoulders.

I to my surprise, don't mind that Orange jersey. But yeah, get rid of that belt.

Probably my favorites

ThatGuy #916043 01/15/15 11:43 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I didn't even notice that elf logo. Yea, removing the elf from the uni's would be another tweak that I would make. That would be like putting Brutus on the OSU uni's.

If we went with the beige pants, would we have to hire a Harbaugh to be our HC? :-)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum New Uniforms

Link Copied to Clipboard