Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Zeke MVP?

No doubt.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Here's toast to the OHIO STATE BUCKEYES WINNING the first Collage Championship playoff National Title ..

WE just Bad Asses.... Showing Big Ten Power..We beat the Ducks ...fill up our glasses...drink up and ...get in the shower ..(cany really say what I wanted to )

here's a toast to you...

Here's to it and from it and to it again... And damn the man who didn't do it when he got to it, may he never have the chance to do it again. Hear, Hear!!!

---------------------------------------------------------

#gmstrong

We are not called on to be successful. We are called on to be faithful.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: brownsfansince79
I have to say, I did not see this coming.

I knew we had a chance, maybe biased as a homer but especially after the Alabama game I was more confident.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Your 1st ever National Champions of the playoff era:

THE Ohio State University Buckeyes! laugh

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
All Pro
All Pro
you weren't the jinx after all Ytown!

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: VarmintKong
you weren't the jinx after all Ytown!

I stayed away until it was decided. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Weren't we supposed to lose by 5?

my two cents...
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Buckeyes win!!!

nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner

Last edited by Squires; 01/13/15 01:11 AM.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
All Pro
All Pro
Hell yes boys! May your beards grow long and never grey! LIVING IS EASY!

#gmstrong

W
Rookie
Rookie
W
All over. Congrats Buckeyes

Legend
Legend
Just feels good THATS he's from cleveland to!!! So awesome!!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Swish
Just feels good THATS he's from cleveland to!!! So awesome!!!

Yep!

my two cents...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrTed

I knew we had a chance, maybe biased as a homer but especially after the Alabama game I was more confident.

Beating Alabama was monumental.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: candyman92

Yeah it was, I had some nerves going into that game but then we ended up being able to run with them. We are a faster team than I thought we were before that game.

But you gotta hand it to Oregon, they were as fast as advertised to be sure. They have a lot of guys who will be playing on Sunday.

my two cents...
S
Legend
Legend
S
Unreal run. One of the all time great coaching jobs. Virginia Tech to this.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Now I just wanna here Mark May run his mouth about how we still don't belong in the playoffs. Bwahahaha!!!

Legend
Legend
3rd string Qb....4 turnovers....22pt victory..... Go bucks

<><

#gmstrong
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Knight
Now I just wanna here Mark May run his mouth about how we still don't belong in the playoffs. Bwahahaha!!!

Nice to see Desmond Howard have to eat his words too!

my two cents...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
watched the game here in PDX with a bunch of Duck fans..they were speechless most of the night after the first drive.. smile
Awesome job Buckeyes!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I was loving it! I'm in the heart of SEC country and all I heard was that there was no way that tOSU could keep up with Mariota and Oregon's offense. That front 7 took away the run and performed extremely well. Zeke and the offensive line busted out an amazing performance. It's crazy to think that this team is built to repeat with all the players returning!

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Dawg_Traveler
watched the game here in PDX with a bunch of Duck fans..they were speechless most of the night after the first drive.. smile
Awesome job Buckeyes!

I know somewhere. PortlandDawg is having a night.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The Buckeyes QB battle is the polar opposite of Browns QB battles.

Legend
Legend
Congrats to all the OSU fans. It's a great night for Ohio.

While I'm a Toledo Rockets fan, even I can enjoy our big brother winning a national title.

I passed the game after C.Jones fumbled back near the 20 and I thought it was over. But they held them to a FG and then scored 21 unanswered points in a bruising way. Amazing.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
T
Legend
Legend
T
" Post here if you carried your conference for the last decade plus!"

Notice how all the post game glitter was Oregon yellow? Haters.

What if's those two catches out of bounds in the end zone, one by Ohio State, and 2nd by Oregon, both incomplete passes.

What if, that fumble on the first drive.

Wow! How Oregon got a turnover at least twice almost immediately following the Bucks getting a 4th down conversion.

Oh, Another 14 win season for Ohio State.
Oh, That Win over Arizona State in 1996 should have given the Buckeyes the Title that year, this year enhances my argument, but, ancient history that is.

Some story they will make on this season 16-20 years from now on the look back. Three Qb's and overcoming 4 turnovers in the final game.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Buckeyes QB battle is the polar opposite of Browns QB battles.

Cardale Jones could realistically never start a game for the Buckeyes again.

But he will forever be remembered as the hero that saved the 2014/15 season.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
We got commitments from 5* 2017 CB Shaun Wade, 5* 2016 RB Kareem Walker and 5* 2017 ATH Bruce Judson. Terry Beckner Jr. named OSU his leader, Damarkus Lodge puts OSU in his top 5.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Originally Posted By: Dawg_Traveler
Awesome job Buckeyes!

I know somewhere. PortlandDawg is having a night.

Looking forward to listening to the local ESPN radio honks tomorrow. Facing my coworkers will sure be easy too.

[Linked Image]
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Good night guys-Go Bucks!

my two cents...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Yeah it was, I had some nerves going into that game but then we ended up being able to run with them. We are a faster team than I thought we were before that game.

But you gotta hand it to Oregon, they were as fast as advertised to be sure. They have a lot of guys who will be playing on Sunday.

Alabama was the most physically imposing team OSU will play in a long time. They scared me more than Oregon. Just look at guys like Derrick Henry and their front 7.

Legend
Legend
I'm not into college football, but woke up and watched the second half of the game. That was very cool we Ohioans won it all!!! All I can say is hey-now!

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Mariota is a great kid and I hope he earns millions at the next level.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Oh, so that is what it feels like to watch a football team win a championship? wink

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Several things happened, they were physical with the Ducks,just like Stanford gets with them.
Bucks made some mistakes that otherwise ,would have blown them out early.
Once the defense got comfortable and had seen that speed stuff early, they took away the Ducks running.
That was the only reason I was worried, if OSU could handle that speed spread that they run..
They made MM throw the ball. even though he had some drops and that one long TD, they contained him.

Next , the Bucks ran the ball down their throats and punched them.
They had no answer for Elliot..none..I told a co-worker, if they run him more than 20 times, Oregon won't have the ball much and will get worn down.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just clicking Attack

I dont like to say so afterwards, but I didnt want to jinx things by saying it, but this game is the way I thought it could go. Speed is nice but football comes down to the trenches and moving the other team to allow that speed space to operate. I thought we were going to smash them in the mouth, and we did.

I love Tressel, but the mistake he made against Florida in that NC game was he tried to go spread and match speed and played their game. If we had played power football in that game we probably would have won easy.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
That was a great game for the Buckeyes. Jones and Elliot and that OL... man that was awesome. What a great win for O-H I-O.

The run defense really stepped it up. After getting blown back at the beginning they really tightened it up against Tyner. Oregon's run game scared me much more than their pass game since Ohio State's secondary is so danged good. I think Eli Apple gets too much flack, he's played really well this year overall. However, the last three games I watched (I didn't catch the shellacking vs. Wisconsin, but I saw them beat that team up north, Bama, and Oregon) Joey Bosa did almost nothing good. He also did something really dumb in almost every one of those games as well. For all the hype he gets he really went to sleep when the games got big. He wasn't being double teamed or anything, and after making some game changing plays early in the season, he ended up playing like an entitled punk the last few games with the penalties and should have been penalties.

But man, overall the team was just so ready to dominate at the end of the season. I love that it was a Cleveland kid leading them to the National Championship, and that he was finally getting his due respect. I still like JT Barrett a ton, but some of the plays Jones was able to make in the playoffs were damned-near heroic. I really think both guys are better than Miller, and if one guy ends up transferring, I hope it's Braxton. I don't wish him any ill will, I hope he does well wherever he goes (as long as it's not Michigan), but I wold hate to lose Barrett or Jones. Hopefully they all stay.

Side note, what the heck is wrong with John Saunders? First he basically trashes Cardale Jones after the Bucs beat Alabama on the trophy podium, then he asks Ezekiel Elliot "is it worth disappointing your parents to win a national championship?" while he hasn't stepped off the field yet. What a jerk.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: kingodawg
I love Tressel, but the mistake he made against Florida in that NC game was he tried to go spread and match speed and played their game. If we had played power football in that game we probably would have won easy.

Yep. The gameplan was all wrong when Tressel and Troy lost to Florida. They were so successful with it the prior game when they played Michigan, but Michigan was all about power. They had the top run defense in the country. Smith played amazing passing the ball that game and they tried to do the same thing against basically the polar opposite defense in Florida. It was terrible. Even after their top WR went out after the opening kickoff.

Legend
Legend
Question for all of the Draftniks... what does this loss do to Mariota?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Man, what a great win. 4 turnovers and we still won (we were up 21-20 after 4 turnovers). Should have been a blowout. So proud of this team. My kids waking up this morning watching ESPN while eating breakfast was a great moment for me. I hope one day after the Superbowl I can have the same moment with them.

So proud of them.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Question for all of the Draftniks... what does this loss do to Mariota?

I'm no draftnik, but I think Mariota is another in the long line of College QB's that don't pan out in the NFL. He threw to wide open WR's in college. He won't be able to throw into tight windows in the NFL. JMO

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
D
Legend
Legend
D
If I was a scout, I would only be concerned that he injured his throwing shoulder when he got rototilled by Bosa, and had to leave the game for a few plays. He came back in, but the pass he threw at the end of the game was way underthrown. If his shoulder's okay, I would still consider him a first round QB.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum College Football Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard