Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I'm gonna predict it will be the Patriots with the win, but I really don't care much who takes this one... I just hope it's a good game and not a blowout. You know?

Then again, I'd love to see the Seahawks take it all, not because I like them but just to see the look on Bill Belichick's face if his team lost.

Bill, thinking to himself: "I sold my soul to the devil and STILL LOST THIS GAME?!? What the hell happened?" (Ha-ha!)

E
Legend
Legend
E
Seattle for the win. They play with a lot of passion, so I will be happy for them. Tired of NE.

No Craps Given
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I predict 12 of 12 footballs on the NE sideline being at the proper weight.

I also predict
+Lynch runs for >150 with 2 TDs
+Brady has as many turnovers as TDs

Seattle 31
New England 20

I'm kind of bummed I'll be in Amsterdam that Sunday with a flight back to the US the next morning...

Legend
Legend
seattle wins.

the only weapon they have to worry about as far as passing is gronk, but i think they are top 3 in defending TE's?

Sherman is gonna fall asleep guarding eldeman, unless NE continues moving around.

actually, sherman is gonna fall sleep guarding any of them.

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Brady and Belichick get their 4th rings.
Seattle was able to slow down a hobbled Rodgers at home in the rain, but a healthy Brady in a dome at a neutral site won't be so easy.
Bill has two weeks to prepare too.

I think it will be a lot like the Colts game. The game will be close at halftime but get out of control in the 2nd half. Seattle won't be blown out 45-7, but they'll lose in a convincing fashion.

37 Pats
24 Seattle

[Linked Image]

β€œ...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
P
Legend
Legend
P
Brady will get his 4th and last title ... JMHO wink

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Watching Indy's defense in the AFC title game was maddening..

Seattle isn't going to let NE run easy pick plays all game.

Indy's D Line doesn't even compare to Seattle's, Blount isn't going to run as free as he did..

Kam Chancelor against Gronk will be fun.

Seattle is playing the best team defense since the 02 Bucs.

I would love another 30+ point blowout.. Especially against NE.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm keeping true to my original prediction, Seattle goes back to back!

Seahawk's secondary suffocates Tom Brady and the New England passing attack. Edelman gets few receptions.

JMO

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Go Hawks! I DESPISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NE.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Good to see so many people will be rootin' for the Seahawks. thumbsup

I'm kinda sick of the Patriots too.... They usually win most of their games, almost always play well no matter what, have a really good QB, etc., etc. and so forth. We (Browns fans) could only hope for having those "problems" (sighs).

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Im in the Seattle camp as well.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm going for the Pats. Big fan of Tom Brady, and would like to see him get another one. The Patriots reign of excellence is something I am very envious of. Maybe by pulling for them I can somehow bring good will to the Browns in the hopes it happens to them some day. smile

Sherman's act is annoying. I get the trash talking and stuff, but leave it on the field. He is going to be a huge target when his skills start to decline. And while I would love to have Wilson on this team any day of the week and twice on Sunday, I found his post game speech to be annoying as well.

I'm going with the team that I find less annoying.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I hope the Patriots get beat, just cuz of deflategate. It would serve them right.

...I just wouldn't bet on it.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I hope the Pats win because of Deflate gate. It was a Seinfeld Show!

It wasn't cheating it was a preference of feel on the ball.

There performance actually increased after the balls were corrected.

I like the Seahawks cause I like Wilson and the Beast...and one of my best friends is a die hard fan. Outside of that I hate Pete Carroll for some reason. Just rubs me the wrong way.

BB man he's a hero of mine as a head coach. And Brady amazes me.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:
It wasn't cheating it was a preference of feel on the ball.

So if a defender prefers to tackle a WR before they catch the ball.. Then it's not cheating?

Regardless if it's against the rules.. I mean, if that's what you prefer.. then it's ok..

Cool.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
V
Legend
Legend
V
You know what is amazing in today's society......... The possible violation of the rules in a Conference Championship game has garnered 8 times as many replies and 9 times as many views as the actual Super Bowl game.

Football fans?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: eotab

I like the Seahawks cause I like Wilson and the Beast...and one of my best friends is a die hard fan. Outside of that I hate Pete Carroll for some reason. Just rubs me the wrong way.

jmho

USC is why I do not like Mr. Carroll...bailing right before the whole Reggie Bush...not sure if he was involved but it just smelled bad by him bailing...but that is just me.

That and I can't stand Seahawk fans up here in PDX...they drive me crazy! catfight notallthere

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
You know what is amazing in today's society......... The possible violation of the rules in a Conference Championship game has garnered 8 times as many replies and 9 times as many views as the actual Super Bowl game.

Football fans?

Many people have already posted their predictions on other threads. Further, controversy always sells more than anything else.

As far as predictions, I must have missed yours on this thread. wink

I'll add mine. I usually wait until right before the game, but oh well. I think that many people do. We are just now heading into Super Bowl week.

Seattle wins 32-25.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
regardless of who wins, the theme of this year's Super Bowl will be balls

Either New England wins and we talk about deflated balls

Or Seattle wins and we talk about Marshawn Lynch grabbing his balls

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
How is that remotely apples to apples...come on guys have an opinion refute mine but lets get a little more realistic in the comparisons. One if a penalty that is flagged...Sometimes, I see a lot of early tackles (granted slo mo) where the defender gets there before the ball and doesn't get flagged. So I don't get your point.

What I am saying...apples to apples. If Brady and NE is to be fined, punished and criticized so should Rodgers and the Packers. Same rule, same breaking of the rule - preference of feel for the ball regarding PSI

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
I predict I'll be as drunk as Manziel by halftime and full of everything I love that's clogging my arteries. The second half I won't care about because I don't care about the first either.

#GMSTRONG
N
Legend
Legend
N
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
I predict I'll be as drunk as Manziel by halftime

as drunk as Manziel by halftime of a game he started
or
as drunk as Manziel by halftime of a game he was the backup
or
as drunk as Manziel by halftime of a game he was inactive

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: no_logo_required

as drunk as Manziel by halftime of a game he started
or
as drunk as Manziel by halftime of a game he was the backup
or
as drunk as Manziel by halftime of a game he was inactive

Wait... Are we talking Madden here?

#GMSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
So I googled vegas line, and says New England -1, which makes me feel goode because the other night I was thinking to myself, reason what should the line be, and I came up with ne by 2 heres how. Its a super bowl so I figure it this way. If it were a regular game next week and Seattle's home, whats the line, ... Seattle by 5. 2nd If it were a regular season game next week, NE at home, .. Ne by 3, ok so, neutral field the difference is Seattle by 2. But its the super bowl and if it's fixed one team has to be favored by more than a little . Not that it's fixed, the super bowl is different than a reg season or playoff game because national betters will bet, so by that I'd put NE as having more natl fans, because of the last 13 years or so.

So I'd stop the seattle by 2 and move it 2 pts back to even line, but then can't have a SB at even line, so I'd go with the last thing I did and add to it, moving the line again toward Ne favored 2 more points and say Ne -2 should be the line. Then I'd look at the real line and try to figure out where I think it's wrong.

Pretty sure one of these teams is going to blow the other one out.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

grin

Legend
Legend
New England is a LOT more talented and better coached than Denver last year. I've picked Seattle from the beginning, might as well stick with them now. This is an insanely hard game to pick.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
New England will win by cheating.

N
Legend
Legend
N
j/c

NE 20
Seattle 28

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'm not gonna lie...i have a feeling it's gonna be a massacre by Seattle. Brady is about as big of a statue in the pocket as they come. I'm thinking about six sacks.

Last edited by Swish; 01/27/15 06:12 PM.

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
'Browner tells Pats to hit Sherman, Thomas where it hurts'

http://www.foxsports.com/san-diego/story...it-hurts-012715

AP

Jan 27, 2015

Brandon Browner is telling his New England teammates not to hold back against Seattle's Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas.

In an interview with ESPN, Browner talked about the toughness both Sherman and Thomas showed in the NFC championship game playing with injuries. Sherman suffered a sprained elbow, while Thomas suffered a separated shoulder.

But Browner said he would also target those injuries.

"I'm going to tell my teammates go hit that elbow, or go hit that shoulder," Browner said in the interview.

Asked if he would tell his teammates that, Browner said, "Most definitely."

"Try and break it if you can. You're going to be my best friend after the game, but at the end of the day I know you want the Super Bowl as bad as I do," Browner said.

Asked about Browner's comments, Seattle players didn't seem to take offense.

"I would expect nothing less. This is the Super Bowl. What do you expect?" Seattle wide receiver Doug Baldwin said. "I understand the fans want it to be classy, said publicly, and everything to be said politically correct, but that is the truth of the matter. We want this game just as much as they do and they want this game just as much as we do. I expect nothing less from Brandon Browner. We go after them in an aggressive fashion just as much as they are going to go after us."

BELICHICK DEFLECTS PRAISE: Bill Belichick wouldn't answer any more questions about deflated footballs, but he was in a joking mood by the end of his 15-minute news conference.

After former NFL tight end Johnny Mitchell, who now works for ESPN Brazil, softened the coach with endearing praise before asking him how he'd like to be remembered, Belichick replied: "If we have an opening on our staff, if you'd like it, we'll put you out in front there."

The dour Belichick even cracked a big smile and everyone laughed out loud.

"I appreciate the compliments, but again, it's really not about that right now for me," he said, regarding his legacy. "What it's about for me is this week and our matchup with the Seattle Seahawks.

"What did or didn't happen in any of other five, six Super Bowls I coached, five Super Bowls as a head coach, three that I was involved in as an assistant, this now being the ninth one, this is the one that is really important."

LIGHTING THE WAY: In a season during which the NFL has seen more controversy than it could ever anticipate, it would not surprise anyone if the Super Bowl were decided by a replay challenge being upheld or overturned.

So the NFL is making sure it has the best possible technology for those replays.

This season, University of Phoenix Stadium became the first NFL venue illuminated with high output LED Lighting. Not only does such lighting dramatically reduce energy usage by more than 75 percent, but the Ephesus LED system provides much more light evenly distributed throughout the playing surface than ever before.

For the Super Bowl, Ephesus Lighting engineers expect to provide nearly 20 percent more light than ever for an NFL game.

"The way we are lighting the field for Super Bowl 49 will allow NBC cameras to get more clarity and a greater depth of focus," said Joe Casper, founder of Ephesus Lighting.

"As a result they will be able to zoom in tighter on replays and super slow motion without the flicker-effect or blurriness that is often associated with zooming in. This should help replay officials have the best possible pictures to make the right call.

"When we went into the sports LED lighting business we wanted to focus on three attributes," Casper added. "We wanted to improve player performance, give the fans at home and at the game a better experience, and reduce energy usage. The ability to help referees make the right call is an added benefit that may help change the outcome of a game for the better one day."

NEW HATS: The first thing Seahawks and Patriots players received as gifts when they reached Phoenix were new hats.

As they got off their charters at Sky Harbor Airport, they were handed special New Era hats that feature reflective material both on the top of the cap's visor and the under-brim. When exposed to a camera flash, even from a phone, it emboldens the Super Bowl logo and the date and location of the game.

Even Patriots owner Robert Kraft readily accepted one, and tight end Rob Gronkowski reached back to get an extra souvenir.

(end)

Legend
Legend
Quote:
But Browner said he would also target those injuries.

"I'm going to tell my teammates go hit that elbow, or go hit that shoulder," Browner said in the interview.

Asked if he would tell his teammates that, Browner said, "Most definitely."

Aaron Rodgers has an injured calf.. So he's not as mobile.. So we're going to blitz him more than we usually would..

Aaron Rodgers has an injured calf.. So I'm going to step on it..

Browner is leaning toward the latter of those two ideas.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Well, I just read on CNN, " Blizzard clobbers New England" , so it's settled, Seattle wins big.

Now that that's settled, I think the Hare is going to beat the turtle. It's no contest, bunny's are cuter, faster, and they eat better things. Turtles just ruin fishing.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Now that that's settled, I think the Hare is going to beat the turtle. It's no contest, bunny's are cuter, faster, and they eat better things. Turtles just ruin fishing.

What's the Vegas line on Hare/Turtle?

Turtle +1000?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't have a horse in this race, so while I always watch the SB, I don't usually have one team I heavily root for. However, I do usually choose one team to root for.

This year it's the Seahawks. The reason being is that I believe they are the better "team". Wilson is a fine QB but not a "Tom Brady" QB.

I believe the Seahawks are more old school. They depend on their D and the overall play of their team more than anything. It's a concept I like.

So while I won't make a prediction, I'll be pulling for a Seahawks victory.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
'Super Bowl XLIX - Seattle Seahawks vs. New England Patriots: Plain Dealer staff predictions'

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/super_bowl_xlix_-_seattle_seah.html

By Plain Dealer Sports on January 30, 2015 at 2:04 PM, updated January 30, 2015 at 2:55 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Staffers from The Plain Dealer and Northeast Ohio Media Group weigh in on Super Bowl XLIX between the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots on Sunday at 6:30 p.m. at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz.:

Seahawks vs. Patriots
(Patriots favored by 1 point)

Mary Kay Cabot
Record: 10-6
Seahawks 28, Patriots 27
Patriots have their championship hopes deflated.

Dan Labbe
Record: 10-6
Seahawks 24, Patriots 21
"Beast Mode" goes beast mode and holds the most awkward MVP press conference ever.

Bill Livingston
Record: 8-8
Patriots 21, Seahawks 17
Seahawks unable to overcome poor field position in the domed stadium, a result of punting completely flat footballs all game. Roger Goodell blames dry Arizona desert air.

Dennis Manoloff
Record: 11-5
Patriots 24, Seahawks 21
The Patriots' offense receives a lot of attention -- deservedly so. But this game is won by their defense and special teams.

Terry Pluto
Record: 9-7
Patriots 27, Seahawks 24
A good Super Bowl and one last title for Belichick and Brady.

Tom Reed
Record: 8-8
Seahawks 23, Patriots 20
Seattle becomes first team to go back-to-back since the Patriots of 2003-04.

Bud Shaw
Record: 9-7
Seahawks 23, Patriots 20
Seahawks should have lost to Green Bay, but that works for them. They won't have two games like that in a row.

Branson Wright
Record: 12-4
Seahawks 30, Patriots 24
As always, Seahawks CB Richard Sherman will get the last word.

(end)

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
asking our family (who usually gets it right)
Alexander(17) high functioning autistic - New England because of Tom Brady.
Edwin (16) - New England because they are the better team
Hubby Jim - New England, because of Belichick
Me - Seattle (lesser of 2 evils), because they have a fantastic defense and I think they can stop Brady.

Last edited by sk8termom; 02/01/15 12:56 AM.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
NEW ENGLAND WINS .... JMHO thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Seattle 27 New England 24

Legend
Legend
The BelliBoys of NE find a way, 27-24.

Kind of the Indifference Bowl for me and my friends.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
Legend
D
It's about time to rock! Go Seahawks!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season The NFL Post Season 2014 Super Bowl discussion // predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard