Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Did not see this posted anywhere ...

Heard this mentioned on a local sports talk radio show earlier this week. All I can say is, Wow.

Link (looks like the linked article contains a video)

Fox Business Delivers Stupidest Super Bowl Report Possible

Fox Business Network attempted to report on Super Bowl ticket sales today with threats that "the NFL is expecting record-low attendance." That's not true, but somehow what reporter Elizabeth MacDonald went on to say got even stupider.

MacDonald tried to trace recent Super Bowl attendance trends to the popularity of the teams playing, claiming six-figure attendance four years ago was due to the Green Bay Packers' and Pittsburgh Steelers' involvement. She then projected the popularity of teams in the running for this year's Super Bowl, and how that might affect attendance. Here's the thing, though: only one number factors into Super Bowl attendance statistics, and that number is STADIUM CAPACITY.

Every Super Bowl since the inaugural edition has sold out. That includes this year's edition, which at roughly 72,000 seats would make it the 13th-lowest-attended Super Bowl ever—not even close to the record. Fox Business alleges a "report" that the NFL is "bracing" for record-low attendance, but never cites this report or where it came from. MacDonald finally questions whether the Super Bowl "will break even the 70,000 fan attendance level it's been trending at." Given that the NFL mandates a minimum of 70,000 seats, we're pretty sure they'll hit that number.

To top it off, host Maria Bartiromo suggests Super Bowl attendance may be declining because of Super Bowl parties.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
To use my bosses favorite phrase:

"You Can't Fix Stupid"

Did they hire the staff from The Enquirer or The Star, or something?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
It came from Fox News.
Might as well have been the Onion. Same reliable 'reporting'.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Fox News. Nothing else is needed for a description.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
wanna get 6 figures .. put the browns in... every fan over 40 would go... figuring it would their last chance to see them in a championship game.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
The point is..

You can't get 100,000 people to attend a game.. If the stadium only seats 70,000..

Regardless of what seating plans Jerry Jones has... naughtydevil

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

"You Can't Fix Stupid"

You work for Ron White? rofl

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
It came from Fox News.
Might as well have been the Onion. Same reliable 'reporting' as MSNBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, and CBS.

Fixed it for you.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You forgot NBC.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

"You Can't Fix Stupid"

You work for Ron White? rofl

LOL sorry in advance for off topic post, but I saw Ron White when he was at the Playhouse Square. It was AWESOME!

Legend
Legend
Bartiromo? Really? A pigskin source. So the laddies "weigh in" for the SB with years of experience, broad expanse of knowledge and a hunch that maybe it will have less?

Spare me. SuperBowl has deteriorated since my youth. Now it is like a People broadcast, and the game is the sidecar.

I do not watch for the commercials, the hyped to hell halftime performance and especially not the "expert" talking heads they lard the game with. Just pigskin. Please.

This is moronic coverage, butI didn't see it. Just more of the "Let's pretend we are relevant" coverage. Not the story, but the contrived story they want to write instead.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
E
Legend
Legend
E
Yeah why Stats can be miss leading. Especialy when you miss a key stat.

Now I'm wondering if this was MSNBC or CNN who make some dumb ass reports and probably more than one on the SB if it would be made as such an ordeal.

Or is it cause its considered one of the rare Conservative Channels and it was the Business show where probably the only ones close to a football was the one their mom made in a shape of a Meat Loaf so they would eat it.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab
Yeah why Stats can be miss leading. Especialy when you miss a key stat.

Now I'm wondering if this was MSNBC or CNN who make some dumb ass reports and probably more than one on the SB if it would be made as such an ordeal.

Or is it cause its considered one of the rare Conservative Channels and it was the Business show where probably the only ones close to a football was the one their mom made in a shape of a Meat Loaf so they would eat it.

jmho

that was insulting to meat loaf bro.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season The NFL Post Season 2014 Fox Business News on the Super Bowl

Link Copied to Clipboard