Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
It's more the patriots then just Brady. It has nothing to do with the Browns. I just get tired of seeing the team win over and over. Just like I got sick of the Yankees always in the World Series.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
when they made the catch near the endzone I said play calls should be Lynch, Lynch, Lynch, Lynch. over thought coaching.

Joe Thomas #73
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Someone refute my point...

I just watched a coach lose a Super Bowl.

Legend
Legend
You just watched an offensive coordinator lose the Super Bowl.... Horrible call...but you have to give credit to the pats defender - hell of a play on the ball

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PDR

Carroll claims they ran that play cause they were "playing for 3rd and 4th down"

Wow dude.

You have the best RB in the game, who hasnt had a negative carry all night.

Run the ball. Run it again. And run it again..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PDR

It it really a point though? I think it's pretty obvious to everyone who watched.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Seattle pass call on 2nd and goal from the 1 yard line with one of the best running backs in the world in the backfield is.........
THE ABSOLUTE DUMBEST CALL IN FOOTBALL HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend
Legend
What a game. Glad my son was there to see it.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Man, think about this.

Robert Kraft has owned the Patriots for 21 years. This was their 7th Super Bowl appearance during his ownership. Man, that is one appearance every 3 years, on average. crazy

Let's look at what he did. 1st and foremost, he found his coach, and let that coach build a system. Remember that Belichick was 5-11 in his 1st year, and it cost a high price for the Patriots to get him as their coach. Many scoffed at the price the Pats paid in draft picks. It was well worth it though. The Belichick filled his team with "B rate" players. He signed a lot of pieces, that few teams fought him for, but who fit his team concept, and his schemes on both sides of the ball. Granted, he also got very lucky in having Tom Brady come along, but he got his schemes in, with a lot of players who were far from being the prizes free agents, and superstars of the league. We also need to find the players who fit. This past year made clear that certain players on the team don't fit. We need help on the DL, and pass rushers in order to run Pettine's schemes. We need to find those players, and if we find 3-4 of them this year, I think that we can take a huge step forward next year.

HI just saw this. How weird is it that the coach before Bill Belichick in New England was ...... Pete Carroll.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Trent Dilfer saying this was the "best performance" by Tom Brady just leaves me scratching my head..

My problem with Brady has always been, that when he won his first 3 SBs, he wasn't even "Tom Brady" yet.. he rode a great defense to those first 3 SBs.. But he was automatically the greatest everbecause HE won 3 SBs..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What in the world does your ANNOYING sig mean? Were you drunk when you posted it??

"Johnny Manziel takes over for a struggling Brian Hoyer and the Browns finish 7-9"

WTF?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
What in the world does your ANNOYING sig mean? Were you drunk when you posted it??

"Johnny Manziel takes over for a struggling Brian Hoyer and the Browns finish 7-9"

WTF?

Johnny Manziel took over for Hoyer, we finished 7-9.. but as we know now, it sucked..

If I had said preseason, that Manziel would take over for Hoyer, and wed finish 7-9.. you could assume, looking forward to next season as a positive.. its all in the wording..

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I really got tired of hearing Chris Collinsworth kiss the seahawks ass all night, especially after the classless fight at the end when they knew it was over.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Knight
I really got tired of hearing Chris Collinsworth kiss the seahawks ass all night, especially after the classless fight at the end when they knew it was over.

The amount of emotion that everyone on the field went through on a 10 second time period..

That game went from being over in one play.. to being OVER in one play..

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I recorded the game, went to sleep, just watched it.

In the third quarter, I thought it might even turn out that Seattle was gonna end up creaming the Patriots. Nope. Wow! As it turned out...what an ending! Even the fighting was fun to watch.

Too bad the season is over, I'd LOVE to see them play each other again. Good game! Too bad Seattle lost, but I guess I really don't care. I figured the Pats would win. It all came down to that interception.

- I always have thought that they should have the Super Bowl on a Saturday night.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

WTF?

Ah, the old SuperBrown is back - finally!

-I just wanted to add that Katy Perry should drop about 20 pounds or so. Her legs look a bit on the thick side, at least to me. Also she sounded like Rosie O'Donnell when she talks (when she wasn't lip syncing).

-They should have Metallica play the halftime show.

-I'm no fan of rap but I really liked that Missy Elliott came out and did 'Get Your Freak On.' I love that song, it has that dark devil sound goin' for it. The backup vocals remind me of something Marilyn Manson would do.

Back to football: It was a really good game. Couldn't of asked for a more exciting ending. Too bad the Pats won again, but whatever.

The bad part? We gotta wait another 6 months for NFL football to start again... Probably actually around 7 months, if you don't count preseason.....

Legend
Legend
Coaches always say their job is to put players in the best possible scenario for success. We just saw an offensive coordinator ROB his team of a Super Bowl. An entire offseason and regular season was ruined because of 1 mans stupidity / huberus. Bevel can try to give smart azz answers or coach speak to justify his garbage, but at the end of the day his name will be known infamously for his decision.

R
Legend
Legend
R
The Patriots were the ones that almost got robbed in their third straight Super Bowl. You had The Catch, The Drop, and The Catch part II. Their OC should have never been in a position to call that play to begin with. Wilson was heaving it up all night and hoping for the best. And it kept bouncing Seattles way. The catch by Kearse was so improbable I felt my earlier post about Seattle having a horse shoe up their butt to be spot on. Have you ever seen so many things bounce the right way for a team going back to the championship game against the Packers? It's crazy. The interception was merely the football Gods evening things out.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
The Patriots were the ones that almost got robbed in their third straight Super Bowl. You had The Catch, The Drop, and The Catch part II. Their OC should have never been in a position to call that play to begin with. Wilson was heaving it up all night and hoping for the best. And it kept bouncing Seattles way. The catch by Kearse was so improbable I felt my earlier post about Seattle having a horse shoe up their butt to be spot on. Have you ever seen so many things bounce the right way for a team going back to the championship game against the Packers? It's crazy. The interception was merely the football Gods evening things out.

I forgot about that catch by Kearse! At first I thought the ball hit the turf, but nope! It was a great freakin' catch! Talk about keepin' your eye(s) on the ball!!!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
The Patriots were the ones that almost got robbed in their third straight Super Bowl. You had The Catch, The Drop, and The Catch part II.

Now you have "The Call". I hope Belichick remembers to send Darrell Bevell a souvenir from Disneyland.

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Bevell has now become a verb for over-thinking and being too clever by half. If thats not bad enough, he then proceeds to throw his WR down the stairs.

Darrell Bevell hints Ricardo Lockette could have been more physical on pivotal play

by Mike Wilkening
February 2, 2015
PFT

Because it ended in the game-clinching interception in Super Bowl XLIX, the Seahawks’ decision to throw on the New England one-yard line in the final minute Sunday night will be a part of NFL lore for years to come.

Criticism has fallen on Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell for the second-down call resulting in an interception by Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler, securing a 28-24 win for New England. And in the immediate aftermath, Carroll showed accountability, taking the blame for the call and explaining time and again to reporters why Seattle was throwing instead of handing off to Marshawn Lynch.

For his part, Bevell has also taken ownership of the call, per John Boyle of the Everett (Wash.) Herald.

However, Bevell also indicated wide receiver Ricardo Lockette — the intended target on the play — could have showed more strength finishing his route. Lockette was knocked off the ball by Butler, who ran through the receiver and made the pick in a spectacular effort.

“We could have done a better job staying strong on the ball,” Bevell said afterwards, according to Gregg Bell of the Tacoma News Tribune. (A nod to SBNation.com for finding the News Tribune‘s report.)

The Seattle Times’ Bob Condotta also observed Bevell had suggested Lockette needed to be stronger, as did Boyle of the Everett Herald.

The lamenting about the Seahawks’ final offensive play won’t stop anytime soon. While Bevell might be right about Lockette, there’s no escaping that Seattle passed at a curious time — and failed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...n-pivotal-play/

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Man, think about this.

Robert Kraft has owned the Patriots for 21 years. This was their 7th Super Bowl appearance during his ownership. Man, that is one appearance every 3 years, on average. crazy

Let's look at what he did. 1st and foremost, he found his coach, and let that coach build a system. Remember that Belichick was 5-11 in his 1st year, and it cost a high price for the Patriots to get him as their coach. Many scoffed at the price the Pats paid in draft picks. It was well worth it though. The Belichick filled his team with "B rate" players. He signed a lot of pieces, that few teams fought him for, but who fit his team concept, and his schemes on both sides of the ball. Granted, he also got very lucky in having Tom Brady come along, but he got his schemes in, with a lot of players who were far from being the prizes free agents, and superstars of the league. We also need to find the players who fit. This past year made clear that certain players on the team don't fit. We need help on the DL, and pass rushers in order to run Pettine's schemes. We need to find those players, and if we find 3-4 of them this year, I think that we can take a huge step forward next year.

HI just saw this. How weird is it that the coach before Bill Belichick in New England was ...... Pete Carroll.

And Kraft hired him.. He inherited Parcells!

Kraft has only hired 2 coached since he's owne the Pats. Carroll and Belichick.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
So morning after and I feel the exact same... incredibly dumb call to not hand it off to Lynch. Easy, secure victory of the superbowl that Pete and company blew.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
monumentally stupid play call- arguably lynch is one of the top three rb's in the league, 2nd down, 1 time out and 30 seconds left. How he doesn't get the ball three more times there is really unexplainable.

I guess Cheaters do prosper.......

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The crazy part about it was just how fast that whole darn game turned around. I was like, "They (Seattle) got this," and the next thing you know, they don't.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Seahwaks OC should get the MVP, not Brady.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
What was the playcall there? Red Middle 88?

Not often do I laugh out loud over a post on this board. YOU, sir, have joined the short list of people that have done it.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Knight

Chris Collinsworth is one of my least favorite announcers. For a man who is supposed to be a football expert, he tends to say some pretty dumb things on a consistent basis. For some reason when I hear Chris Collinsworth announce, I think I'm hearing Skip Bayless. Both are on the same level.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Squires
Seahwaks OC should get the MVP, not Brady.

With that being said, I thought Edelman should have gotten the MVP. His hussle and yards after the catch was pretty spectacular all night. The man destroyed his matchups all night. Brady left more out there on the field, in my opinion.

Legend
Legend
Wow, New England really let the air outta that stadium, didn't they?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, I would have given it to Edelman or the DB Butler before I would have given it to Brady. The 37 out of 50 and 4TDs look nice but when you figure in that all he did was throw 5 yds passes and also threw 2INTs you realize he didn't really carry the team.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Wow, New England really let the air outta that stadium, didn't they?

It certainly left the Seahawk fans deflated.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Lost about $300 on that idiotic play call.

Came up big on a LaFell TD at 9/1 odds early on, which put me in the black for the game, but what a frustrating way to end it.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: bigf00t
monumentally stupid play call- arguably lynch is one of the top three rb's in the league, 2nd down, 1 time out and 30 seconds left. How he doesn't get the ball three more times there is really unexplainable.

I guess Cheaters do prosper.......

Plus, he just had made that huge 40 yard catch, you know he was in the zone and wanted the football.

I don't get it and lol @ Hawk coordinator getting mvp, good one!! thumbsup

Legend
Legend
In regardes to throwing it on 2nd down, with the plan being to run, use your TO and run again..

I understand the idea... But..

Im not running a slant.. if im going to throw it, im running a fade to the back corner, basically a pass that only a great catch can be made.. possibly fake the slant and then run the fade even..

But mostly I would of just ran it 3 straight times.. if they stop me.. good on them..

E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...

You need two superstars to become a Championship team.
1. At HC
2. At QB
Ron Wolf

Does anyone define that better than BB & Brady...maybe Paul Brown and Otto Graham wink Lombardi & Starr will give them a run.

On the last play - bad call. But great coaching. the kid Butler a rookie watched film with the coaches and remembered a tendency he saw near that goal line. When Seattle came out in Stack they were going to run a short pick play. He remembered his coaching he knew it was coming...he anticipated it. He won the game for the Pats!

Yeah it was a bad call. But it was the good coaching on the other side that got the win. Play to call was a read option left.

jmho - great game!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Play to call was a read option left.

play fake/ bootleg left would have worked, too.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

Run the read, Lynch going left to right, if the D caves on him, Wilson walks in for the TD..

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

Run the read, Lynch going left to right, if the D caves on him, Wilson walks in for the TD..

Exactly ... If your train of thought is, "Everyone's thinks we're running Lynch here, so we should go pass" ... then you should at LEAST make it look like you're going to go to Lynch. A play-action bootleg is perfect in these situations, because of just that.

Going shotgun pretty much took away any element of surprise.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Great game, I don't have a lot of thoughts to it, other than I'm really glad it wasn't the Browns in that spot last night. I think I may have given up on pro football for good.

At least Seattle had last year. Seriously, what an awful way to lose a football game, let alone the one watched by more people than any other football game.

If that had been us, it would have easily gotten one of those patented nicknames.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season The NFL Post Season 2014 Super Bowl discussion // predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard