Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
This should bring and end to all the speculation as to why Shanahan left....

This is not intended to be an attack on KS, but can anyone on this board come up with 32 reasons why they would leave their job? No side/person is totally right nor totally wrong, but something just doesn't resonate right here.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
R
Legend
Legend
R
Speaking of morals, Shanny was talking to other teams about employment while he was employed by the Browns and still under contract. That doesn't demonstrate a lot of integrity.

And I just read this morning that Pettine regretted hiring Shanny last year and wished he would have went with his gut and hired DeFlip last year.

And since Shanny and Banner have likely been the two main sources for the recent bashing, that would have prevented a lot of what we are reading and hearing now.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
And I just read this morning that Pettine regretted hiring Shanny last year and wished he would have went with his gut and hired DeFlip last year.

At what site did you read this? I'd be interested to read it as well.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Check your PMs.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Check your PMs.

guess its a secret for a select few?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
E
Legend
Legend
E
I would like to say one thing about all this doom and gloom and the speculation that is rampant. Dont get me wrong Farmer made a mistake and we/he will pay for it as the NFL sees fit. It was not done however in a manner to cheat. I don't know if that will cushion the blow a little bit.

But all this we suck, our owner Sucks our FO Sucks. We seem to have lost the reality of this was a
First year for our GM, HC and Owner so to speak.

We however had a 7-9 record tying the best for the MANY FIRST years of a regime. We also know there were at least 4 games that coulda/shoulda went our way.

I don't understand the doom and gloom I do understand that we went 1-6 at the end of the season taking us out of a playoff run.

So if I choose not to join the chorus of the doomsayers. Don't categorize me as a Lollipop crew or my opinion obviously don't count cause I'm a Homer. I still will go by the philosphy of Believing NOTHING OF WHAT I HEAR OR READ (gossip) and half of what I see.

None of us have the real story here. But whatever is said of the Browns negatively must be TRUE and followed - and in actuality it is those who hold positive that get mocked here.

Again I will say this. Manziel how the HECK!!! does that remotely come out as a negative - having him turn down $100G's to host a SB party in Las Vegas and instead putting himself into rehab for 3-4 weeks? HOW???

How does Gordon remotely depict the Browns as dysfunctional? Its an individual that is proving himself Dysfunctional not the team!

Farmer text gate. We heard of this maybe the first week after the season ended. I won't even try to justify the action. Point blank it was against the rules. But at first it was reported that it was direct texting to Shanny. Then it was one FO guy to another FO guy and it went to the wrong #???

Fact is we cooperated with the NFL and did not try to lie and wash it under the table. We made a mistake and are will to be accountable.

I don't see this as the end all. The move to make more changes.

I saw one cog not fitting in the Gears of the machine we were trying to build here. Shanny was no hero. He's gone and I will continue to state the Browns in the long run are better off about it. Was it his fault that a text was made. No it was Farmers. He cooperated with the NFL and will take accountability over it. He is not a Hypocrite due to this. He could be on notice over this with his boss.

But the state of the team...sure if you read/believe/trust the Bozo's who report SOME of the Truth and then accentuate on it there editorials. The truth part is fact and truth but it doesn't make the entire perspective of the author's Truth and Fact.

I see a pretty darn good and young team moving forward into year 2 of a regime.

jmho You all can have yours too. But don't insult me if it doesn't jive with yours.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Why doesn't LaCanfora write about Indy? They have a drug addict owner who appears to be just as meddlesome as anyone. You don't think Irsay talks to his coaches and GM? They have what appears to be a truly incompetent GM who gave up a first round draft pick after presumably never watching TRich actually play in the pros. Google their last two drafts. Not too stellar. Grigson, the sore loser, then tipped off the NFL about deflated balls. Their middle linebacker just got arrested for punching a pizza delivery guy.

They may actually have made a worse trade than the Trich trade the same year... in 2013 the Colts traded Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard. Amazing.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Quote:
Why doesn't LaCanfora write about Indy? They have a drug addict owner who appears to be just as meddlesome as anyone. You don't think Irsay talks to his coaches and GM? They have what appears to be a truly incompetent GM who gave up a first round draft pick after presumably never watching TRich actually play in the pros. Google their last two drafts. Not too stellar. Grigson, the sore loser, then tipped off the NFL about deflated balls. Their middle linebacker just got arrested for punching a pizza delivery guy.

They may actually have made a worse trade than the Trich trade the same year... in 2013 the Colts traded Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard. Amazing.

And yet, the Colts were in the playoffs the past three seasons and the Bills & Browns were not.

Savvy trades aren't all that, it seems.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Because Quarterback.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Speaking of morals, Shanny was talking to other teams about employment while he was employed by the Browns and still under contract. That doesn't demonstrate a lot of integrity.

Speaking of that, shouldn't the NFL be looking into which teams he was talking with? Wouldn't that constitutes tampering? Personally, I think that is worse than Farmer texting the sidelines

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Jester

Speaking of that, shouldn't the NFL be looking into which teams he was talking with? Wouldn't that constitutes tampering? Personally, I think that is worse than Farmer texting the sidelines

What that amounts to is people taking media rumors they decide paints the picture they want to see as true and reports they don't like as false.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:
Speaking of morals, Shanny was talking to other teams about employment while he was employed by the Browns

It's a business.

Based on all I've read about Shanahan, I'm not going to shed a tear over losing him, but I'm not going to fault him for covering his bases in an industry that has the turnover rate of a restaurant.

Legend
Legend
Because Quarterback.

And they didn't replace Curley with Shemp.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Recent troubles remind Browns need Justin Gilbert to pan out

CLEVELAND -- Josh Gordon's year-long suspension and Johnny Manziel's boiling point that prompted his recent entrance into treatment amplifies the Browns' need for Justin Gilbert to work out in Cleveland.

At least Gilbert, who as a rookie failed to maximize his enormous potential as a No. 8 overall pick, has stayed out of the headlines recently. He's been fairly inactive on social media since the season ended.

Gilbert
For as crucial as this offseason is for Manziel, it's equally so for Gilbert, who struggled mightily transitioning to NFL life as a rookie.

If Gilbert takes Donte Whitner's advice to "grow up" in the offseason, this would be welcome news for a franchise marred by perceived incompetence in the front office in the past month.

Among the three Browns' rookies that struggled with maturity issues in 2014 (Manziel, Gilbert, Terrance West), Gilbert might have been the most problematic when it came to timeliness. One source said Gilbert was either late for or absent from multiple team activities during the season, including a missed meeting on the final week that prompted his suspension in Week 17 at Baltimore.

A running theme from the Browns this past season was that Gilbert's transition from the defensive scheme at Oklahoma State to the Browns' technique-heavy, press-man system would be a difficult one. When coupled with lack of preparation, that transition stood no chance.

While Manziel's recovery from treatment and his lackluster rookie season could force the Browns to move on at quarterback, the Browns will likely give Gilbert at least another year to figure it out. Buster Skrine has created a competitive free-agency market. He might not return to Cleveland. If he goes, that leaves Joe Haden on the outside, K'Waun Williams in the slot, Gilbert and fourth-round pick Pierre Desir. To make that quartet work, the Browns would need more from Gilbert than they got a season ago.

Ray Farmer's debut rookie class depends on it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns...=espnapi_public

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Quote:

And yet, the Colts were in the playoffs the past three seasons and the Bills & Browns were not.

Savvy trades aren't all that, it seems.

Yeah its called a lot of LUCK...we have Luck you think we aren't in the playoffs?

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
Legend
V

And since Shanny and Banner have likely been the two main sources for the recent bashing, that would have prevented a lot of what we are reading and hearing now.

Provide the link or delete it. It's a rumor. Not a fact.

You pay for articles, written by "bozos" and then act like it is gospel.

Quote the article.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Quote the article.

Jay Glazer reported it. He's a rather credible source.

This tweet from Glazer is from 1/7/15

Jay GlazerVerified account
‏@JayGlazer
"@sblamy12: @JayGlazer Jay what is the real info on Kyle S. and the Browns. Thanks">he's been trying to get out

Link

The next day it was officially reported by Alex Marvez that Shanahan and the Browns had parted ways.

Tweet from 1/8/15

Alex Marvez Verified account
‏@alexmarvez
Source tells @NFLonFOX that @Browns are parting ways with OC Kyle Shanahan after 1 season. Announcement is imminent

Link

Just providing the information. Make of it what you will.

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Quote the article.

Jay Glazer reported it. He's a rather credible source.

This tweet from Glazer is from 1/7/15

Jay GlazerVerified account
‏@JayGlazer
"@sblamy12: @JayGlazer Jay what is the real info on Kyle S. and the Browns. Thanks">he's been trying to get out

Link

The next day it was officially reported by Alex Marvez that Shanahan and the Browns had parted ways.

Tweet from 1/8/15

Alex Marvez Verified account
‏@alexmarvez
Source tells @NFLonFOX that @Browns are parting ways with OC Kyle Shanahan after 1 season. Announcement is imminent

Link

Just providing the information. Make of it what you will.

I did not see anything in those links stating that Shanahan was talking with other teams while under contract. Just that he and Browns were going to part ways and places he could end up.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
You won't see that directly confirmed in any report. Otherwise, a team would be charged with tampering and would be under NFL investigation. However, deductive reasoning can be applied from Glazer's comments.

Like I said, make of it what you will.

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
You won't see that directly confirmed in any report. Otherwise, a team would be charged with tampering and would be under NFL investigation. However, deductive reasoning can be applied from Glazer's comments.

Like I said, make of it what you will.

I just don't see it. It wasn't even Jay Glazer that mentioned any teams, just some dudes speculating.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Maybe you misunderstood?

Jay Glazer stated: "He's been trying to get out."

Glazer made this comment before Shanahan had parted ways with the Browns.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Maybe you misunderstood?

So, did Shanahan purposefully do a bad job down the stretch trying to get fired?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's a rumor. Not a fact.

There has been a lot of this lately. It has been a bone of contention with me all along. So much has been unsubstantiated rumor; I prefer to wait until the facts surface at which time I will change my position, or not...

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Maybe you misunderstood?

Which was supposed to be due to front office meddling and the chaos they seem to be in. This "He's been trying to get out" is a far cry from the he was talking to other teams bs that is being talked about here. Your post was a response when verse was asking for links to that so that is how I read it.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't know what is the question here.

I thought it was reported and confirmed that at the season end Pettine was under the impression all was good and they went on vacation. During that vacation Shanny was contacting other teams. Pettine found out and was pretty upset and that was where the firing came from. Well in this case we released him from the contract. As in mutual. Now if some who are fans of Shanny would like to justify that betrayal with excuses for his deceit go right ahead - I'm sure most are valid happenings.

Usually adults work things out.

I choose to think Shanny was for Shanny, when he came here everyone and I mean everyone knew it was a temp job and stepping stone. In usual fashion there many complaints on our decision cause he would be leaving soon.

Shanny was a RAT who leaked it out about the text - Farmer was the culprit and takes the blame as he should be accountable. But lets not excuse Shanny for breaking the golden rule and this is while he still was in employment. He's a snake and I'm glad he's gone. One baby step back with a new O that will incorporate as much as they can from the old O. And one giant leap forward. We got an OC is has a goal for the Browns.

jmho and like anyone else here I'm entitled to it. You all can have yours - this is mine.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

Quote the article.

This is just too funny to pass up...rishuz states the obvious noting that two Ex-Browns are now working together, for the same franchise and suddenly we have Browns bashing from a national source...

...and we demand a link.

But Jason LaCanfora can write a story bashing the Browns, using "un-named" sources and some treat that as if were the gospel truth...too funny!

We in Cleveland were able to connect the dots pretty quickly, noting that Canfora suddenly did 180 on his viewpoint of Shanny.

In Canfora's story he makes special note of "Where things went wrong"...and he concludes it went wrong when two of the three stooges were fired...Banner and Lombardi.

So now that Shanny and Banner are working for the Falcons, it's fairly easy to connect the dots, who the "un-named" sources are for Canfora's article.

"La Canfora is close friends with former Browns CEO Joe Banner, whom Haslam fired last February." Banner now works as a consultant for the Falcons.

Now that we know who is behind the BS, the truth is, Canfora didn't tell Browns fans anything that we didn't already know. His story is basicly an attempt by Banner and Shanny to exact some revenge upon Haslam, who fired Banner and let Shanny out of his contract.

Last edited by mac; 02/07/15 10:01 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
This media gang banging goes beyond reporting to the point of assault. Even if true, the details and facts can be presented more than one way, or be beyond biased to the point of personal hostility. This degree of malice afterthought is inexcusable professionally. Thanks for presenting this, be some unnamed sources would be willing to can this reporter for this type of journalism.
Toady for the post-Browns it appears to me.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: eotab
I don't know what is the question here.

I choose to think Shanny was for Shanny, when he came here everyone and I mean everyone knew it was a temp job and stepping stone. In usual fashion there many complaints on our decision cause he would be leaving soon.

Shanny was a RAT who leaked it out about the text - Farmer was the culprit and takes the blame as he should be accountable. But lets not excuse Shanny for breaking the golden rule and this is while he still was in employment. He's a snake and I'm glad he's gone. One baby step back with a new O that will incorporate as much as they can from the old O. And one giant leap forward. We got an OC is has a goal for the Browns.

jmho and like anyone else here I'm entitled to it. You all can have yours - this is mine.

I agree with your take 100%. I'll be honest, I often skip your posts because the yellow burns my eyes- but I'm glad I read you this morning. I got slammed by the board bully a few days ago for saying basically the same thing. This texting thing could have been handled in house- Shanny leaked it. And now he is gone. Farmer was stupid, and will be punished accordingly. We'll move on.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mac
We in Cleveland were able to connect the dots
[/color]

But mac, while apparently obvious (perhaps even true), this is what I have been preaching against for the past several days. We are speculating, short of slandering, people in our organization who are trying their darnest to make us a success. We need facts, not rumors or innuendo; given time they will surface...

Last edited by bbrowns32; 02/07/15 10:29 AM.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
You do realize the Browns have not made the playoffs since 2002.
theres a reason(s) for that.
what makes you believe the Browns are ready to get out the bottom of the AFC North?
look around the NFL. do see any other franchises are dealing with the same issues the Browns are dealing with now?
I don't.All the AFC North teams made the playoffs so that eliminates them.
sorry no other NFL franchise is looking at the Browns and going "wow we need to model our franchise after the Browns"
the same story lines continue for the Browns.
Questions at QB.
lack of playmakers at WR
no run defense
coordinators coming and going.
a GM that has no reason being a GM.
totally missing on 1st RD draft picks.

the one thing the Browns do have is a darn good football coach.
but all around him can't get on the same page then his talents as a HC will be
all for not.
what are you gonna preach in 2015 when the Browns miss the playoffs yet again?

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
That's fair.

On a side note, Lane Adkins was on 92.3FM this morning discussing the LaCanfora article, the Shananhan ordeal and the Browns FO. If anyone is interested in listening, here is the link to audio:

Audio Link

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: Jester

What that amounts to is people taking media rumors they decide paints the picture they want to see as true and reports they don't like as false.

That's cute Pit. Why don't we just both man up and stop lobbing indirect bombs at each other in this passive aggressive way? You said you don't care what posters think of you yet you've been ticked off since I said you've gone off the deep end.

Let's get a few things straight. For starters, what you just accused me of, your quote above about taking what paints the picture they want to see as true, take a look in the mirror. You've been "connecting the dots" for weeks on what you believe is true and have latched on to anything that will support that.

I haven't latched on to anything other than there are two sides to every story and I feel that what has been put out in the media lately is biased, over the top, piling on like I've never seen journalism. I am not claimimg there aren't problems inside Berea. I am not latching onto anything. What I am fighting against is this incessant need on a yearly basis to fire everyone that didn't match yours or everyone else's expectations. This constant need for perfection is startling. And people feel that after one year, they know the measure of a man's competence. There have been only two constants in the last 15 years ....change and losing. The losing won't stop until the changing does. Guys make mistakes. It's how they respond to those mistakes that matter. I'd like to give these guys a chance to respond so we don't have to go through more change.

The reason I made the deep end comment is because you're a well respected poster that I expect better from. We all expect non sensical, raving lunatic posts from Vers. We all expect Vers to pick a side and ignore anything that supports the opposite. While you present yourself in a much different light, I am surprised you have taken the approach that things are only one way....that you've "connected the dots"....and there aren't two sides to the story. That's not the Pit that I remember around here. I remember a guy that is much more reasonable.

And to all on the board, I will say this again. You can subscribe to the Insider section of the OBR for $10/month....two Starbucks visits. I believe there are a few others on here who subscribe. I cannot link paid material. If I said "I read..." without a link that is why. Take those posts in whatever manner you want to as you do with a posted article. It's just more information.

M
Legend
Legend
M
That's fair.

On a side note, Lane Adkins was on 92.3FM this morning discussing the LaCanfora article, the Shananhan ordeal and the Browns FO. If anyone is interested in listening, here is the link to audio:

Audio Link

Great listen. Very fair take on everything. I encourage all to listen to it.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A few interesting tidbits there, but nothing groundbreaking that hasn't already been speculated about on this board. He was not particularly complimentary about Shanahan though. In summary, I know very little more than I did 15 minutes ago...

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
He was not particularly complimentary about Shanahan though.

REALLY?

I mean REALLY?

Prove it!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Would you like me to sing what he said? lol...

Legend
Legend
J/C ..... there was a report, and I am not going to try to find it now, but I did post it way back when this mess started, and it seems that the Browns were looking, quietly, at OC candidates before Shanahan asked out. I think that this truly was a mutual parting. Sometimes 2 coaches just do not get along, for whatever reason. We go looking for reasons, but who really knows? It is just as likely that Shanahan took offense to the idea that Pettine was going to be more involved on the offensive side of the ball next year. Maybe he didn't like working for a rookie head coach. Maybe all of these factors joined together with he publicized problems. Who knows? No one is likely to tell all anytime soon, and fans will largely forget most of what happened in a few years.

I just hope that things work out well for the team.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
We all expect non sensical, raving lunatic posts from Vers. We all expect Vers to pick a side and ignore anything that supports the opposite.

More insults.

How do you explain how many times I have been right over the years if my posts are "non sensical" and I just "pick a side?"

You guys project your own flaws onto me. You have been running around here crying about how you guys will get your wish and everyone will be fired... for quite some time.

Look.........blaming LaCanafora and Shanny for the problems the Browns are having is IGNORANT. Neither one is with the Browns. They aren't going to have any say on how this franchise moves forward. The problems the Browns have are going to still be here. No amount of posturing by you guys is going to change that.

Just like it didn't during the Gordon situation, when dozens and dozens and dozens of posters made the same stupid argument. Oh, it's Goodall's fault. The rule is stupid. What about Ray Rice?

And.......just as it did w/Weeden and TRich. One excuse after another. Blame this person, blame that person. Exonerate those two guys at all costs.

I constantly gotta read crap like you just did. And then when the results pour in........instead of perhaps opening your mind [no, I don't want to hear I was right] the next time a debate is opened, you guys resort back to the same low-ball tactics that you always do.

And that is why I find you guys despicable.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
there was a report, and I am not going to try to find it now, but I did post it way back when this mess started, and it seems that the Browns were looking, quietly, at OC candidates before Shanahan asked out. I

So...........you can't find that report. And it was "a report," and you are going to believe one single report that may or may not have existed as gospel, yet you are going to dismiss every other report that paints a different picture and call the authors of those reports---bozos?

That is interesting logic.

And no, my comments are not just to you........they are to all those guys who think [sic] the same way.

Legend
Legend
Nah, I know what it said, and I posted it here on the boards. Maybe if I feel up to going through a Google search later on I'll try to find it.

I am not saying anything except that I remember the report. Take it for whatever it's worth. If you choose to reject it, that's your right.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Farmer Responsible For Text To Sidelines: Browns Coud Lose Draft Picks

Link Copied to Clipboard