Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:
Gay couples want marriage as a way of forcing society to accept their behavior. They can't make children though so there is no legal purpose or reason for them to be "married."

So, you can't think of one legal purpose or reason for a gay couple to want to be married? Are you really that ignorant, or are you just trying to provoke? If it's the former, there's inheritance or life insurance if one partner dies, joint filing of taxes, spousal health insurance, auto/home insurance discounts...and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

Razor, would you use that same argument of being unable to have children with a heterosexual couple? When two people have love to share, it should be shared, call it what you wish.

#gmstrong
J
Legend
Legend
J
Though you and I don't agree on a number things regarding religion, you Sir, are a good messenger of God. smile

Quote:
Jesus loves you Jules, as do I. I hope you find peace in Him. thumbsup

I have, thank you. I hope the same for you, and love you also.

Bleh. Too much good will here. I must move on!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just want to toss this out thereā€¦just in case anyone has put us on their "prayer list" so we "see the light", or whatever, take me off. Put yourself in my place. Thank you.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend
All I will say is this: For your sake, and for the sake of all in homosexual relationships, I hope that you are right. I do not believe you are, and I do not believe such relationships are according to God's will, but He gives us all the right to make our own choices, so I absolutely hope that you are correct.

I know that the NIV translation of the Bible went back to the earliest available manuscripts try to remain true to them. This is why I like this particular translation. I also like the 2 study Bibles I have, that have commentary and expert opinion all throughout, explaining verses that I never really understood,and giving information about the translation, background information, and also verses that support particular verses. It gives a ton of background information about the customs and norms of the time, and also information about the people the letters were addressed to. (which is often as important to know as what the letters themselves say) In some cases, there is a difficult translation because of punctuation* and such, but I think that in most cases the true intent comes through if we take the entirety of the Bible into account. That is what we need to look at, what does the entirety of the Bible say? What themes carry throughout, and what do not? What things are consistent with the entirety of the Bible, and what are not? What specific things are said to be no longer applicable in the New Testament, and what are reinforced in Scripture? I think that the answers are pretty clear if we take the full Bible int account, the Old Testament set a base, and then became filled up with ceremonial laws. Those ceremonial laws were eliminated in the New Covenant, but the Laws of God were not. A violation of the Law is not a death sentence for us, but the choice of a pattern of sin, I believe, is. Sin becomes more important than God, which is not what God wants.

Anyway, I hope for your sake that you are right. Personally I believe that you are grabbing at straws, trying to find loopholes, and I do not believe that God does loopholes.

*(such as Luke 23:343, in which the placement of a comma makes a world of difference. Is it, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.", or does it say "Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise."?)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
If God doesn't have the foresight to forgive chasing something you love or are attracted to, that cat ain't omnipotent.

He's cruel.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
For a large portion of American society there is no way you are going to force them to accept homosexuality as OK. We could debate till we are both blue in the face but that is the reality.

I didn't see anyone who expects you to "accept it"?

Quote:
No law ever passed will make me raise my kids to think homosexuality is anything other than an abomination to God. No law passed will ever make me accept it period. If that offends anyone then too bad. I'm an American and I have the right to my religious beliefs same as anyone else and I will follow what my Bible teaches long before I let a corrupt and morally poor government tell me how to live.

These are some very odd statements. Once again, I haven't seen anyone tell you how to raise your kids, or what to believe. I don't see any laws being proposed that the government would force you into a gay marriage. That's the difference here. You are free to believe what you wish to believe. The problem is when you attempt to force others to live by your beliefs.

Quote:
The federal government trying to crush state rights is what will be the number one cause of the next civil war in this country. everyone takes for granted the USA will always survive but when the government keeps forcing people to go against their beliefs either religion or the government will fall. history shows that it always ends up being the government for failing to listen to its people.

I believe you may be right that some far right wing religious factions who are fooled into believing their life and religion is under attack may cause the next civil war. I mean we see it in the middle east all the time.

Once again, nobody has ever asked you to accept anything or change your beliefs. However, "your beliefs" also have no right being forced upon others to follow.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
J
Legend
Legend
J
You see me grabbing at straws and I see you eating up any little word that can help fuel your own ill feelings toward certain people. You aren't interested in the real truth, you are only interested in your own. Your debates on this subject and lack of them on others is very telling.

You don't hope hope I'm right.......and you better hope and pray that I'm not. I hope God has mercy on you.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Hmmmm. The word Homophobe comes to mind here. That's what you get called when you don't "accept it".

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
You see me grabbing at straws and I see you eating up any little word that can help fuel your own ill feelings toward certain people. You aren't interested in the real truth, you are only interested in your own. Your debates on this subject and lack of them on others is very telling.

You don't hope hope I'm right.......and you better hope and pray that I'm not. I hope God has mercy on you.

Seems to me that Ytown is searching and reading in an attempt to understand who God is while you have already made God in your own image.

just sayin'

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Seems to me that Ytown is searching and reading in an attempt to understand who God is while you have already made God in your own image.

just sayin'

Isn't that what most of us end up doing anyway? The God of my understanding......maybe the trying to understand has already occured for some and they do have their image and attempt to live their life accordingly.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

Hmmmm. The word Homophobe comes to mind here. That's what you get called when you don't "accept it".

I don't believe so. There are many who feel it's wrong but do not wish to inflict their beliefs or moral standards upon others. I don't see them getting labeled.

For the vast majority of the time, it's those trying to inflict their beliefs upon others who garner such labels.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
`

For the vast majority of the time, it's those trying to inflict their beliefs upon others who garner such labels.

So you are saying it is the victim of the slur who got what they deserved?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Cjrae

just sayin'

Isn't that what most of us end up doing anyway? The God of my understanding......maybe the trying to understand has already occured for some and they do have their image and attempt to live their life accordingly.

No. If you read the Bible, you will know who God really is.
If you read the owners manual to a Chevy, you will not end it with an understanding of the neighbors Ford.

P
Legend
Legend
P

I said nothing about anyone "getting what they deserve". I simply posted who it is I see often times labeled with the Homophobia tag.

I don't believe gay people should be discriminated against when it comes to marriage just like I don't believe labeling people is a good thing.

Neither justifies the other.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
YTown, You could type out 1000 paragraphs with your what I believe to be faulty translations and interpretations. We've gone around like this a number of times. I have shown where biblical scholars differ on many translations and interpretations of The Bible. I appreciate that you have your beliefs, although I believe you, like many others, use the words to condemn people or actions that you find personally abhorrent. That's human nature I suppose. Do you ever take a close look and wonder why you spend so much time preaching on this particular subject? There are many events and actions happening in the world so much more detrimental to the human spirit and condition, yet I never see you going to such lengths to improve the world with your preachings and teachings on many other such matters. You may want to take a good hard look at why that is true.

You can go on and on about how you sin and try to repent, but if someone doesn't believe being gay is a sin, what's the point of that diatribe? I guarantee you there are people with different takes on The Bible than you who believe you are sinning on actions that you do not believe are sins. You don't believe the way they do and certainly are not going to repent for something you do not BELIEVE is a sin.

We've talked about it before. You believe I am going to be judged harshly. I believe you are in for a revelation for your own end. As you say, the choice is yours.

With all of that said, the bottom line is that the vast majority of people against gay marriage use their own religious beliefs as the basis for their argument. These very same people would be appalled if the government was making law that affected their life based on a religious belief different than their own.

It is my fervent belief that no Christian ever led another person to follow Jesus by continuously pointing out their sins.

Jesus loves you Jules, as do I. I hope you find peace in Him. thumbsup

I just want to say one thing about this.

Jesus did not forgive people and tell them to return to their sins.

I think that we need to beware of excusing sin, or leading people to believe that it is OK for us to sin as we desire. This is not what the Bible teaches.

This is addressed by Paul in Romans in a great deal of detail.

We all make our own decisions as to what masters we will follow. These either lead to God, or they are masters that are not Godly in nature.

God loves us all. He wants all of us to love Him in return. Loving God means obeying Him. Do we obey Him when we sin? Do we obey Him when we tell people that it is OK to sin? God loves us all, but He hates sin. That is the overriding message of the Bible. He hates sin, yet loves us so much that He had to send Jesus to die on the cross to save us from our sins. We all know that. He did not send Jesus to suffer untold misery, agony, and humiliation on the cross just to say that it is fine if we want to sin.

I agree with you that we should love all people regardless of what we see as sin or not. However, we must also take care that we don't give the impression of approval of sin when we do so.

Just my $0.02

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

I said nothing about anyone "getting what they deserve". I simply posted who it is I see often times labeled with the Homophobia tag.

I don't believe gay people should be discriminated against when it comes to marriage just like I don't believe labeling people is a good thing.

So when I am asked what I think of Homosexuality and I reply its a sin and someone calls me a Homophobe, both people are wrong?

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Nn

just sayin'

No. If you read the Bible, you will know who God really is.
If you read the owners manual to a Chevy, you will not end it with an understanding of the neighbors Ford.

Sorry, have to disagree with you there. No intention on debating it, none of us are truly qualified. Just my humble understanding of peace with my Lord and Savior.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Sorry, have to disagree with you there. No intention on debating it, none of us are truly qualified. Just my humble understanding of peace with my Lord and Savior.

Thats cool.

But you have no clue of my qualifications now do you?

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

So when I am asked what I think of Homosexuality and I reply its a sin and someone calls me a Homophobe, both people are wrong?

If you believe that it is a sin, then you are not wrong. You are not a homophobe for believing it is a sin.

It is wrong to take your religious beliefs and try to force them on to others and deny them legal rights based off of your religious beliefs.

2 gay people being married has zero effect on your personal life. You can still believe it is sin, and you can still not agree with it, but you are not being denied anything.

People are trying to deny gay people marriage, which does have a negative effect on their lives. A person's rights stop when they infringe on the rights of others. A gay person being married does not infringe on anyone else's rights. Denying people the right to marry based on personal religious beliefs does infringe on others, so people do not have the right to do so.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This thread makes thankful that this country has separation of church and state.

It is a dispute over federal and State law.

There will be no playoffs. Canā€™t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We donā€™t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
So many replies I can't respond to them all =)

I have no problems with taking away tax benefits for married people. Marriage should be encouraged by children's parents not because it saves you money. Then again I prefer us to have a flat tax anyways which is more fair.

I think you can't have complete separation of church and state even if you strive for it. People are going to believe in one thing or another and they will want their politicians to represent them. Not that politicians listen to the people anyways ... still its what most people want.

What drives me bonkers is that every single minority cause(numbers wise not race) is suppose to negate the will of the majority. That's just stupid and impractical. Look at Alabama for example. 90% of the state is against recognizing gay marriages. If you're gay and don't like it then move to a different state. There are plenty of them that do.

We have different states all with different preferences for a reason. Trying to make the cultures of each one exactly the same is completely against our constitution. There is a strong reason why some things should remain controlled by the state and not federal.

We are not serfs or slaves held to living in just one place all our lives. We have brains enough to look at the benefits of living in one place or another and choosing where to live. If you don't like what you have to live with move somewhere else. Don't move into my neck of the woods and force your single view against our entire town. We have just as much right to build up a community that fits our culture.

The fact that growing numbers of states are gaining more and more people wanting to leave the union should tell you that something is wrong. The numbers are in the millions of people so its not some small issue to be ignored IMHO. There is a reason homeland security is securing more ammunition rounds than have been used in the last 3 wars combined. They are not even the military yet they need more ammo the armed forces? Ask yourself, why? The only ones they will ever point their guns at are Americans.

To be honest I am on the fence myself. If the government wants to force me to accept sexual deviants and acting like male and female sluts as the normal behavior and acceptable then I don't have much use for it. I am NOT letting my children grow up thinking casual sex is OK. You can link 80% of what's wrong in our country to casual sex. unwed mothers, foodstamp babies, kids growing up with no father or no mother, high crime because those kids from those kind of unions were never raised right, etc.

When you don't protect the family unit, as it should be, then society always fails. Always. Anyone who has studied history and knows what they are talking about will tell you the same. Failure to learn from history will doom you to repeat it. But go on and keep fooling yourselves that its ok to do whatever it takes to make your life convenient and tell everyone to live however they want to and that it doesn't matter, so long as, people can do whatever they want to. Our nation will reap what it sows.

It's hard to use tone of voice in writing so let me clarify. I am not some yelling and raving lunatic. I am just very sad and speaking in a quiet but certain voice of sorrow for my country that is starting to fall apart more and more. I am not angry at any of you or wishing you harm in any way. I just say what I mean and mean what I say. for those offended I am sorry but I am who I am and I am not going to lie to make others feel better.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
N
So many replies I can't respond to them all =)

I have no problems with taking away tax benefits for married people. Marriage should be encouraged by children's parents not because it saves you money. Then again I prefer us to have a flat tax anyways which is more fair.

I think you can't have complete separation of church and state even if you strive for it. People are going to believe in one thing or another and they will want their politicians to represent them. Not that politicians listen to the people anyways ... still its what most people want.

What drives me bonkers is that every single minority cause(numbers wise not race) is suppose to negate the will of the majority. That's just stupid and impractical. Look at Alabama for example. 90% of the state is against recognizing gay marriages. If you're gay and don't like it then move to a different state. There are plenty of them that do.

We have different states all with different preferences for a reason. Trying to make the cultures of each one exactly the same is completely against our constitution. There is a strong reason why some things should remain controlled by the state and not federal.

We are not serfs or slaves held to living in just one place all our lives. We have brains enough to look at the benefits of living in one place or another and choosing where to live. If you don't like what you have to live with move somewhere else. Don't move into my neck of the woods and force your single view against our entire town. We have just as much right to build up a community that fits our culture.

The fact that growing numbers of states are gaining more and more people wanting to leave the union should tell you that something is wrong. The numbers are in the millions of people so its not some small issue to be ignored IMHO. There is a reason homeland security is securing more ammunition rounds than have been used in the last 3 wars combined. They are not even the military yet they need more ammo the armed forces? Ask yourself, why? The only ones they will ever point their guns at are Americans.

To be honest I am on the fence myself. If the government wants to force me to accept sexual deviants and acting like male and female sluts as the normal behavior and acceptable then I don't have much use for it. I am NOT letting my children grow up thinking casual sex is OK. You can link 80% of what's wrong in our country to casual sex. unwed mothers, foodstamp babies, kids growing up with no father or no mother, high crime because those kids from those kind of unions were never raised right, etc.

When you don't protect the family unit, as it should be, then society always fails. Always. Anyone who has studied history and knows what they are talking about will tell you the same. Failure to learn from history will doom you to repeat it. But go on and keep fooling yourselves that its ok to do whatever it takes to make your life convenient and tell everyone to live however they want to and that it doesn't matter, so long as, people can do whatever they want to. Our nation will reap what it sows.

It's hard to use tone of voice in writing so let me clarify. I am not some yelling and raving lunatic. I am just very sad and speaking in a quiet but certain voice of sorrow for my country that is starting to fall apart more and more. I am not angry at any of you or wishing you harm in any way. I just say what I mean and mean what I say. for those offended I am sorry but I am who I am and I am not going to lie to make others feel better.

Razor, just curious, what thought makes you equate homosexuality with sluts? Do you not know heterosexual folks that are sexually permissive?

I am curious as to your response to my question. You stated that since gays could not procreate, there was no purpose or significance in the relationship. I ask you, would you apply the same logic to heterosexual married folks who can not have a biological child?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

I give only my opinion of what I believe.

I believe you have every right to your religious beliefs. If you feel homosexuality is a sin, I see nothing wrong in expressing that view. You have the choice to believe and live however you see fit.

Where I feel the problem comes in, and I've expressed this many times, is when you believe you have the right to inflict your religious or moral beliefs on other people. If you feel homosexuality is a sin, nobody is suggesting you be forced to live your life as a gay person. Nobody is asking you to teach your children or family that it be accepted as moral.

When the religious or moral beliefs of some infringe on the rights of those who do not believe the same way is the only thing I take issue with. I too have my religious beliefs on sin and homosexuality.

The only difference I really have with some is that nobody is trying to convert me into being gay. I've never had a gay person try to interfere with my rights to be treated as an equal to anyone else. I have never had a gay person tell me my beliefs should change for them.

So I have no desire to do any of those things to them.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DawgMichelle
I just want to toss this out thereā€¦just in case anyone has put us on their "prayer list" so we "see the light", or whatever, take me off. Put yourself in my place. Thank you.

You have been on my prayer list for many years.. but not to "fix" you. tongue

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PDR
If God doesn't have the foresight to forgive chasing something you love or are attracted to, that cat ain't omnipotent.

He's cruel.

I would disagree with that. The Bible is filled with examples of when you should NOT chase the thing you love or that just make you feel good.. money, power, laziness, your neighbors wife.. now we can debate if a gay relationship belongs on that list but the entire premise of the Bible is about denying yourself the things that just "feel good right now" in exchange for eternal happiness.

yebat' Putin
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

Razor, just curious, what thought makes you equate homosexuality with sluts? Do you not know heterosexual folks that are sexually permissive?

I am curious as to your response to my question. You stated that since gays could not procreate, there was no purpose or significance in the relationship. I ask you, would you apply the same logic to heterosexual married folks who can not have a biological child?

Legally speaking there is no purpose for it and historically speaking a grounds for divorce for thousands of years. Religiously there is because with God there is always a possibility. I don't really care about the emotional reasons because emotions come and go which is why there is so much infidelity and divorce.

Homosexual is already an abomination to God so when I am talking about sluts I am referring to heterosexual. Fornication and Adultery destroy many, many lives. Personally I am fine with the old biblical laws for dealing with adultery even though I know I am a very small minority on that issue. To me if you can't honor your vows then you're half dead already anyways in my OPINION. =)

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
A
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
This thread makes thankful that this country has separation of church and state.

It is a dispute over federal and State law.

I can agree with you on both counts. There is a separation of church and state, but not religion and state. These are two separate concepts.

This is a fight between what should be federal power and state power.

I come down on the side that it marriage should be a state power, not a federal one.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I will just add that there will always be animosity between the secular and the religious. Secular will always want to be left to their own devices to sin as they see fit. Religions will always have to follow their beliefs in order to save others from damnation. Secular only has the choice of accepting religion or squashing it. It is natural to me for that to go back and forth and be in conflict. I am not offended by it.

I believe and have felt the presence of God in my life. There is no choice in the matter for me. I will obey God and his laws to the best of my ability. To protect my children I will fight to also make society adhere to his laws as well. I have just as much right to do so as others are doing to destroy our society by destroying the family unit.

I personally don't care how many people let their souls die after their physical death. God gave them that choice. The only time I get riled up is when secular activities put my children at risk of being corrupted by sin. Then I feel I need to take action to protect my children's future, living and/or eternal.

Legend
Legend
You must have been a hit at house parties.

ā€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.ā€

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
I will just add that there will always be animosity between the secular and the religious. Secular will always want to be left to their own devices to sin as they see fit. Religions will always have to follow their beliefs in order to save others from damnation. Secular only has the choice of accepting religion or squashing it. It is natural to me for that to go back and forth and be in conflict. I am not offended by it.

I believe and have felt the presence of God in my life. There is no choice in the matter for me. I will obey God and his laws to the best of my ability. To protect my children I will fight to also make society adhere to his laws as well. I have just as much right to do so as others are doing to destroy our society by destroying the family unit.

I personally don't care how many people let their souls die after their physical death. God gave them that choice. The only time I get riled up is when secular activities put my children at risk of being corrupted by sin. Then I feel I need to take action to protect my children's future, living and/or eternal.

I don't accept the premise that it's a religious issue between the religious and secular factions in the country.

It's about power to control the lives of people and little more except that there is an element of people that don't even seek power but just want to destroy the fabric of society (and they are quite vocal).

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Swish

I do cookouts but never had much use for hanging out at parties and getting drunk since I stopped drinking at 17.

Legend
Legend

I just want to say I admire you Razor.
God bless you and yours.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: anarchy2day

I don't accept the premise that it's a religious issue between the religious and secular factions in the country.

It's about power to control the lives of people and little more except that there is an element of people that don't even seek power but just want to destroy the fabric of society (and they are quite vocal).

I understand what you mean and to a certain degree agree with you. Still a secular person has different goals in life than a religious person. There are plenty of bad people in secular and religious. There are also good in both. Generally speaking it holds true though. There are always exceptions though good and bad.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

I just want to say I admire you Razor.
God bless you and yours.

blush thanks mate ^^

I have a lot of respect for most people this forum whether they agree with me or not. That's why its one of the few places I bother to share my opinions. =)

God bless you too =)

Legend
Legend
Thanks.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

I do cookouts but never had much use for hanging out at parties and getting drunk since I stopped drinking at 17.

So drinking is a requirement at house parties?

I guess the chaplain who use to hang out with us after after work didn't get that memo

Last edited by Swish; 02/13/15 08:39 PM.

ā€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.ā€

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Required no. The norm, yes. either way I am not much of a party person. I'm perfectly happy being at home with my girls =)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I will pray that your children turn out to be straightā€¦otherwise, it seems you may be the type to disown them. Trust me when I say there is no worse feeling in the world than when you are told by your parents that you aren't wanted because of who you are.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
A
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Originally Posted By: anarchy2day

I understand what you mean and to a certain degree agree with you. Still a secular person has different goals in life than a religious person. There are plenty of bad people in secular and religious. There are also good in both. Generally speaking it holds true though. There are always exceptions though good and bad.

Indeed, there are both good and bad in both groups and I would say that the vast majority of people in both aren't bad at all. The good people are overwhelmingly the majority. What I think can also be concluded is that the overwhelming majority don't think much past the fog that's in front of their faces.

Too often, they simply hear something and accept it as truth without asking any questions, such as: Does this really make sense? What motivations could be behind this that aren't good? If this is implemented, what are the possible future ramifications that aren't seen today?

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Trust me when I say there is no worse feeling in the world than when you are told by your parents that you aren't wanted because of who you are

I can't even imagine such a thing. I simply can't wrap my brain around the concept of disowning someone you've poured your life into. To turn off love like a light switch.

Reading something like this from someone I 'know' breaks my heart.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Supreme Court: Alabama must allow same-sex marriages, Alabama counties refuse

Link Copied to Clipboard