Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Online
Legend
rofl

Seriously, though, it is going to be bitter cold for the next few days across much of the country. My Weather Bug shows a high of 3 for tomorrow, and a high of 9 on Monday.

Please everyone, be careful. It does not take much to get frostbite in weather like this. There are supposed to be high winds as well.

Be careful. My Church has already called off services for tomorrow so that we don't put anyone at risk.

I hope that everyone has an emergency plan if they lose their power. I have a propane heater than can be used inside the house, and I also have one that I got for my mom a few years ago. I have enough propane here and at her house to run them for about 72 hours each.

Please, if you know any older people in your lives, make sure that you check in with them. Also make sure that you put blankets and such in your car if you have to go anywhere.

Be safe everyone. Please.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
76 here today....enjoyed my boy's track meet in shorts and a t shirt.

You all be safe up there

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
60 degrees and sunny here.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
...I have a propane heater than can be used inside the house...

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure about safe operation inside the house? No CO emissions? Be 100% sure...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
J
Legend
Legend
J
It was 80 degrees here today. I win! grin

D
Legend
Legend
D
Bring in your pets, feed the birds, have a shot of Jack.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
...I have a propane heater than can be used inside the house...

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure about safe operation inside the house? No CO emissions? Be 100% sure...

Mine is a small heater, and it absolutely says that it can be used in the house, as long as it's not a closed room. I assume that there is enough air in the whole house to dissipate the fumes. It does say not to use it in a closed garage.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'd be careful if you don't have some kind of furnace circulating air. I'd at least have a carbon monoxide alarm set up just to be safe. I keep one going all the time anyways just in case.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
I'd be careful if you don't have some kind of furnace circulating air. I'd at least have a carbon monoxide alarm set up just to be safe. I keep one going all the time anyways just in case.

I have one in the basement, and on the 1st and 2nd floors. (and one is hooked into my alarm system)

The only way I would ever use the heater is if the power went out, and it also went out for the rest of my family so I had nowhere to go.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
60 degrees and sunny here.

Yep, shorts and sweatshirt today, was great. Better week ahead (though I'll be "enjoying" it in vegas.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Let's keep praying for this cold and hope my classes get cancelled smile

Legend
Legend
It's WAY too freakin' cold here... I live in Euclid, right up the street by the lake on Lake Shore Blvd. My apartment has no insulation in the walls and when it gets windy - YIKES!!!

I lived in Hollywood California for 11 years. The weather was usually decent, it obviously never gets like this, but I did miss the seasons. I think if it wasn't for all my family living in the Greater Cleveland area I might seriously consider moving somewhere else again?

I'm okay with the snow, unless my car gets stuck. I'm okay with the cold, until the wind starts blowin' hard - then it sucks. It seems like it goes right threw me (skinny boy)!

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Minus 4 here right now, before the wind chill. It's probably -20 with it. crazy thumbsdown

Legend
Legend
It is a bit brisk out. Maybe I should have put on shoes, and a shirt before I walked out to get the mail yesterday shocked

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
We had whiteout conditions here for a while. We now have nature-made snow sculptures in our yard.

M
Legend
Legend
M
-3; -26 with the wind chill on the Near West Side.

Gross.

Tackles are tackles.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Gross.

Any snow with it?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Gross.

I absolutely refuse to step outside today. I wanted to get some chipotle but the roads aren't completely clear, plus I'm scared of putting my hands on the steering wheel.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Please bring on the global warming cause im freezing my b#lls off here lol

Legend
OP Online
Legend
It's a heat wave here in YTown! We're all the way up to -2. crazy rofl

D
Legend
Legend
D
Its up to -1 here on the far west side, and that's with the sun shining bright. I've always thought that since we have something called a "wind chill factor", there should also be a "sun warmth factor" because it does seem to help a little. Good news; tee shirt and shorts weather tomorrow - its going up to 14. Yippy-ki-yay.

Legend
Legend
It has warmed up to -8 down here. My colostomy bag froze while getting the mail yesterday wink

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
-31 here this morning when I got the paper

Luckily it's up to -17 right now

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I saw it at minus -21 here this morning. The house popped all night.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I just got back from a ski trip, but look like I just got home from the Bahamas. I'm ready for some snow.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
-17 at 6am this morning. Yuk. hell the dogs who usually like a long walk in the morning, went out, did business and ran.,,,,,I MEAN RAN back to the house..LOL Smart doggies.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Just like my Lilly didn't even go to normal spot to do business she openning door to get back in -17at Campbell at 6:15am. awaken at 6:10 with call from local bakery shop can't turn water off pipe burst,here we go again.

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
It was 80 degrees here today. I win! grin

263 degrees here. I win!!

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Its barely going to break 32 degrees here in central NC.. we're already closing up shop. And we don't even have any snow. We might see some flurries tonight, possibly an inch.

This is what it looked like last year near where I live..

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm waiting for the same crap to sweep up here to SE VA. I was giving my temps in Kelvin anyway.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Up to a balmy and Bermuda like 1 degree above now. rofl

Legend
Legend

we have 3 degrees here ... jealous? rofl

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
It is a bit brisk out. Maybe I should have put on shoes, and a shirt before I walked out to get the mail yesterday shocked

Woke up Saturday and the house was 57 degrees, had to turn on the heater to take the chill out of the air until we could open the sliding glass door when it warmed up to 70 outside. smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Its up to 13 degrees here and a few miles south of me they are getting snowed on.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Woke up Saturday and the house was 57 degrees, had to turn on the heater to take the chill out of the air until we could open the sliding glass door when it warmed up to 70 outside. smile

We got home Sat. night at about midnight. House was 61. Thermostat is set for 64. Furnace couldn't keep up with the way the wind was blowing.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

we have 3 degrees here ... jealous? rofl

Nope, we're up to 4 now. wink

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
We have flurries in the Carolinas now... Gov already declared a State of Emergency... smh

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's a snowpocolypse here in SE VA. We already have an inch of snow, and they're expecting a foot by the time it's over.

Yeah, I know, big deal for those of you from further up north. Most people can't drive here with an inch of rain, so snow is a complete nightmare.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I have friends who lived in Michigan who moved to Tennessee. One winter, they were calling for an inch of snow ..... and they said it was like the Apocalypse. lol The stores were emptied out, the schools closed, businesses closed early .... there was a state of emergency ...... crazy rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
I just moved here close to Nashville a little over a year ago. They certainly don't have the road equipment to deal with bad weather. We've been in the teens at night and upper 20's during the day. There is ice on the roads and almost everything is at a standstill. People also have no idea how to drive in bad winter weather.

So I would have to agree with your friends.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Cold! Cold! Cold! Bring on Global Warming, Please!

Link Copied to Clipboard