Print Thread
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Lets hear it...the good, bad,and ugly.

12: R1P12
G CAMERON ERVING
FLORIDA STATE
I decided to go Guard here because Grecko isnt getting any younger and needed upgraded. Alot of folks say you dont draft a first round guard...me I say you do if you need one.

19: R1P19
DT MICHAEL BENNETT
OHIO STATE
Bennett offers much needed big play potential at the DT spot. I dont see Rubin staying so with this pick we lock down that position.

43: R2P11
WR DEVIN SMITH
OHIO STATE
Love this kids game, great hands, good routes. Seems to have a decent head on his shoulders. Gordon has forced this pick as well as we are now without a true number 1...Smith fixes that problem.

77: R3P13
OT ROB HAVENSTEIN
WISCONSIN
Just the same reason I picked up a guard in the first round I nabbed a very solid T here with this pick to play opposite of Thomas. Him being from Wisconsin is a plus as I am sure Thomas will take him under his wing and share everything he knows with him.

108: R4P12
TE JESSE JAMES
PENN STATE
Cameron isnt coming back, James offers a solid TE. He isnt really elite, but should be solid.

112: R4P16
DE TREY FLOWERS
ARKANSAS
Flowers offers some pass rush to a unit that really needs it. Has alot to learn and possibly ends up as an OLB.

139: R5P11
QB GARRETT GRAYSON
COLORADO STATE
Hoyer, Manziel? either way this kid has some potential to be a decent back up and spot starter in case of injury.

173: R6P13
WR DEVIN GARDNER
MICHIGAN
Multi-threat player who will find a role in the NFL.

186: R6P26
DE SHAQUILLE RIDDICK
WEST VIRGINIA
Riddick pick is out of need and there is some talent there if the D-Line coach does his job.

204: R7P12
ILB TREY DEPRIEST
ALABAMA
Depth pick, with some upside.

#brownsgoodkarma
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
First round seems like reaches to me...Just my opinion...But then again its filling needs as well. I think with Cameron Erving being so versatile has def made him much desired, but is he truly great at one spot? Idk I know he helped the team out a lot, and he played good...But at #12? I actually like Bennett a lot...but myself always thinks he belongs in a 4-3 front and would downgraded in our 3-4

Couple years ago in every mock I made I wanted OT Ricky Wagner from Wisc (saw huge potential as he was dominant run blocker with great drive and size and would make a stud RT...and Joe Thomas would love a former walk on from his Wisc. to mentor) Now Ricky Wagner is one of the best RTs in the league...and what great value the Ravens got him in round 6 I believe

I love the 4th round pick with Trey Flowers...he's one of my favorites in the draft (he's a gym rat, quick, tackles hard and is probably stronger than most 290 lb ends but is built great around 260 lbs) however taking an end and having him try to be a 3-4 OLB is always a question...however I like him a lot as well.

Funny that you put Shaq Riddick in your mock as he has a really long wiry frame and some really good speed and would be a nice OLB project in a 3-4 ...Much like Mingo but far superior value...I was telling a friend on Friday that I think Riddick can be better than Mingo...I love stacking our LBs and throwing quicker LBs on 3rd down and possibly sliding Kruger down to the line

7th round pick is a great pick...Depriest is a classic inside LB

Mocks are fun, and good post nonetheless

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I love Flowers. He has a high motor and always seems to be in the backfield. He is amazingly not athletic. No way he makes the transition to OLB.

Is he really 290#? He doesn't look that big. If he is then he could certainly play 3-4 DE and would be happy with that. If he is much smaller then he'll be relegated to a 4-3 DE

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Haha I meant he is as strong as most 290 lb DE's smile ...I think Flowers is somewhere around 260 lbs. Yeah I always saw him as a 4-3 DE (at one time I wanted to put him in a browns mock draft, but Flowers seems more to be a natural with his hands playing in the dirt) To me at least it seems.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 Tubby_Dawgs first mock draft

Link Copied to Clipboard