Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Back to back, with travel, against a pretty good team too. It happens.

If the NBA truly wanted a quality product, they do away with these. A back-2-back at home is bad enough, but with travel? Come on.

I know everyone has them, but it's just poor planning on the NBA.

Same goes with the NFL too. Thursday night teams should always be coming off a bye.

I say in regards to the NBA shortening their season, I would keep the length of the season, and basically just eliminate the amount of games that cause back to backs.

After looking at the Cavs schedule, you could drop down to 70 games, and at least guarantee that no one has a back to back at any point..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Back to back, with travel, against a pretty good team too. It happens.

If the NBA truly wanted a quality product, they do away with these. A back-2-back at home is bad enough, but with travel? Come on.

I know everyone has them, but it's just poor planning on the NBA.

Same goes with the NFL too. Thursday night teams should always be coming off a bye.

I say in regards to the NBA shortening their season, I would keep the length of the season, and basically just eliminate the amount of games that cause back to backs.

After looking at the Cavs schedule, you could drop down to 70 games, and at least guarantee that no one has a back to back at any point..

I would agree with that.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Amare got bought out, would like him as a 2nd center.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Amar'e cannot play defense. He can score off the bench and that's it. There are already rumors that he is headed to the Mavericks.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Amar'e cannot play defense. He can score off the bench and that's it. There are already rumors that he is headed to the Mavericks.

Yeah, I would love him on offense, but I don't know about his defense at all.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
Legend
Legend
C
It doesn't look like the Cavs are an option anyway. I don't see how Stoudemire can play over Love, Thompson, or Mozgov and those are the only three "bigs" that should be playing at all.

Legend
Legend
It doesn't look like the Cavs are an option anyway. I don't see how Stoudemire can play over Love, Thompson, or Mozgov and those are the only three "bigs" that should be playing at all.

Yeah, the only real other big we would possibly "need" is an emergency type big at this point. (and we really have that in Haywood right now, as he can play some defense in the crunch)

Legend
Legend
Garnett appears to be going back to the T-wolves. Dragic is going to the Heat.

Last edited by ExclDawg; 02/19/15 04:12 PM.
Legend
Legend
Well, he can provide leadership anyway.

Tons of trades today.

OKC got Kanter from Utah. That is a nice add for them. They gave up Perkins in the deal, and he is evidently going to be bought out by Utah.

I suspect that several players will be bought out over the next couple of days. I wonder if any could be a good fit for the cavaliers?

Legend
Legend
The Sixers continue to build assets, getting the Lakers (1-5 protected) and Thunder (1-18 protected) picks.. Also JaVale Macgee..

Bout loads of picks, and cap room.. they had to give up MCW, but I don't think that's a big killer, he's an acceptable PG.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend

Not sure I understand this one. He could have been bought out and then gone to a few possible contenders to play 10-15 mins a night. But to WANT to go to Minnesota and play for the worst record in the West? Hrmmmm....

It's a good story to close the loop and return home I guess. Just a little confusing.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
I read something about the Sixers possibly buying out McVale. Along with the Jazz buying out Perkins, that could be 2 decent backup quality bigs on the market.

Legend
Legend
Well, if nothing else, he'll be loved by the people there. (especially after Love forced his way out of town) I still think, as you said, that I would go to a contender if I were him.

Legend
Legend

Not sure I understand this one. He could have been bought out and then gone to a few possible contenders to play 10-15 mins a night. But to WANT to go to Minnesota and play for the worst record in the West? Hrmmmm....

It's a good story to close the loop and return home I guess. Just a little confusing.

To be fair, he's already won a ring, so he's probably just looking to play out his final days with his original team and then head into retirement.

Legend
Legend
Here's the full list of trades that happened:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nba-exploded-one-craziest-trade-213418342.html

Quote:

Goran Dragic to the Miami Heat from the Denver Nuggets in a three-team deal:
* Miami gets: Goran Dragic, Zoran Dragic, John Salmons
* Phoenix gets: Â Danny Granger, Justin Hamilton, two 1st-round picks
* New Orleans gets: Norris Cole (per ESPN), Shawne Williams (per Woj)

Enes Kanter to the Oklahoma City Thunder, Reggie Jackson to the Detroit Pistons in a three-team deal:
* Oklahoma City gets: Enes Kanter, Kyle Singler, D.J. Augustin, Steve Novak
* Utah gets: Kendrick Perkins, Grant Jerrett, protected future Oklahoma City 1st-round pick, Detroit 2nd-round pick, rights to Tibor Pleiss (per ESPN)
* Detroit gets: Reggie Jackson

The Suns, Sixers, Bucks, and Celtics engage in a massive four-team trade:
* Phoenix gets: Brandon Knight, Marcus Thorton, Cleveland's 2016 1st-round pick (per Woj)
* Philadelphia gets: Los Angeles Lakers 2015 1st-round pick (top-five protected)
* Milwaukee gets: Michael Carter-Williams, Miles Plumlee, Tyler Ennis
* Boston gets: Isaiah Thomas

Arron Afflalo to the Portland Trail Blazers from the Denver Nuggets:
* Portland gets: Arron Afflalo, Alonzo Gee
* Denver gets: Will Barton, Victor Claver, Thomas Robinson, lottery-protected 2016 1st-round pick

Kevin Garnett to the Minnesota Timberwolves from the Brooklyn Nets:
* Minnesota gets: Kevin Garnett
* Brooklyn gets: Thaddeus Young

Tayshaun Prince to the Detroit Pistons from the Boston Celtics:
* Detroit gets: Tayshaun Prince
* Boston gets: Jonas Jerebko, Gigi Datome

JaVale McGee to the Philadelphia 76ers from the Denver Nuggets:
* Philadelphia gets: JaVale McGee, Oklahoma City Thunder's 2015 1st-round pick (top-18 protected), Chu Chu Maduabum
* Denver gets: Cenk Akyol

K.J. McDaniels to the Houston Rockets from the Philadelphia 76ers:
* Houston gets: K.J. McDaniels
* Philadelphia gets: Isaiah Canaan, 2nd-round pick

Ramon Sessions to the Washington Wizards from the Sacramento Kings:
* Washington gets: Ramon Sessions
* Sacramento gets: Andre Miller

Pablo Prigioni to the Houston Rockets from the New York Knicks:
* Rockets get: Pablo Prigioni
* Knicks get: Alexey Shved, two 2nd-round picks

Legend
Legend
* Washington gets: Ramon Sessions
* Sacramento gets: Andre Miller

Swap those former Cavalier PGs. lol wink

Legend
Legend
I like Bill Simmons most of the time.. but holy crap do I hate him occasionally.

Boston is in "great shape" because they have Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley, and Marcus Smart? Really? Dude is the worst when it comes to being a homer..

And apparently Miami is now a contender because they added a PG. Ignoring the fact that Dwayne Wade is falling apart, and their Center has never consistently shown he can be good for more than a few games.. But they have Chris Bosh!

Legend
Legend
Phoenix is pathetic

I love what OKC did

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Phoenix is pathetic

I love what OKC did

I think that OKC and Portland really helped themselves. Portland added a nice player who can backup the 2 or the 3 in Affalo, and Alonzo Gee, who will be asked mainly to play defense there in a backup/shutdown role, in which he should do really well.

I think that they, and OKC, both helped themselves a great deal.

Legend
Legend
I will add that I really don't understand what the Sixers are doing with dumping Michael Carter Williams. Man, they add young players with assets they have, and then they trade away those players for assets ...... crazy

How many draft picks can they use in any given year?

Man, I am looking at the "Future trades" site, and before today, I think, (I didn't check out today's trades) Philly had 3 extra 1st round picks coming, and, I think, 13 second round picks. Man, if that were the NFL draft it would be incredible ..... but 2nd round picks in the NBA are almost never much. It is great to have assets, but if all you do is rotate them, what good are they really? It's great to have picks, but sooner or later a team needs players.

I do wonder who is going to score for them after today's trades? I also wonder who is going to play PG for them? (I am still trying to process all of today's trades) OK, they did trade for a PG, in Isaiah Canaan, but he's not much.

I guess they are in complete tank mode again.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Brandon Knight is really good.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I will add that I really don't understand what the Sixers are doing with dumping Michael Carter Williams. Man, they add young players with assets they have, and then they trade away those players for assets ...... crazy

How many draft picks can they use in any given year?

Man, I am looking at the "Future trades" site, and before today, I think, (I didn't check out today's trades) Philly had 3 extra 1st round picks coming, and, I think, 13 second round picks. Man, if that were the NFL draft it would be incredible ..... but 2nd round picks in the NBA are almost never much. It is great to have assets, but if all you do is rotate them, what good are they really? It's great to have picks, but sooner or later a team needs players.

I do wonder who is going to score for them after today's trades? I also wonder who is going to play PG for them? (I am still trying to process all of today's trades) OK, they did trade for a PG, in Isaiah Canaan, but he's not much.

I guess they are in complete tank mode again.

On SVP&Russillo yesterday, an NBA trade analyst said that the Sixers could have 8 picks in this draft depending on how some of the teams finish. What are you going to do with 8 picks? And yes, why did they just trade two of their valuable young players?

Man, forget about my failed dream of being an NFL punter...I want to be the GM of the Sixers. You get 100% support from the owner to trade away everything you have, collect picks that probably won't turn into anything, and be terrible on the court night after night.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
It's being reported that Chris Bosh might have blood clots in his lungs and <b>could</b> be out for the season. Of course, the latter half of that comment is meaningless, his health concerns are the priority.

Get well soon big man. Hope to see you in the playoffs so we can tear you up.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
It's being reported that Chris Bosh might have blood clots in his lungs and <b>could</b> be out for the season. Of course, the latter half of that comment is meaningless, his health concerns are the priority.

Yeah, I heard about that this morning. That's scary. Jerome Kersey just died from that earlier this week. Hope he gets well. That must suck for the Heat though. They just got Dragic in a trade and now they lose their best player for the season.

Legend
Legend

Wow, I hope that he will have a full and rapid recovery.

Legend
Legend
Heat want to pay Dragic 20 mil a year. Good luck keeping Whitesides. Miami now has to (unfortunately) completely change their defense without Bosh. They can't trap or guard the pick and roll.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Whiteside is under contract for the league minimum next year. After that the cap will go up a ton and everyone will be afford anyone (basically).

D
Legend
Legend
D
GO CAVS!

Legend
Legend
John Wall is tremendous, but is anyone else noticing a huge differece in athleticism between us and Washington?

Legend
Legend
Kyrie just made me physically jump up from the couch..

Legend
Legend
Kyrie is just incredible on offense. Him backing down wall made my jaw drop. He's got a complete offensive game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Wow Kevin Love just missed a totally open dunk. How the hell could he miss a dunk, he's freaking so tall... tsktsk

Legend
Legend
He didnt even seem to try to dunk it.. he was just ganna drop it in two handed, and either the rim knocked it out of hi hands or he just lost the handle..

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Kyrie's reverse layup was pretty sweet.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Wow Kevin Love just missed a totally open dunk. How the hell could he miss a dunk, he's freaking so tall... tsktsk

Kevin Love is 6'7" on a good day. That is tall, but not for NBA standards. He still should have made the dunk.

Legend
Legend
Perkins got bought out? Wouldn't mind him as a #2 center.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Kevin Love is 6'7" on a good day. That is tall, but not for NBA standards. He still should have made the dunk.

How exactly did he got basically his entire NBA career with everyone thinking he was 6'10?

Then a random promo pic of him standing head to head with Derrick Williams comes out and the internet explodes..

Hell I think hes still 6'10 in NBA2k15..

Legend
Legend
Cavs are faster than the Wizards and stronger than the Raptors. Those teams don't worry me at all.

Legend
Legend
NBA on ESPN &#8207;@ESPNNBA 9m9 minutes ago
Stat of the night: Cavs beat Wizards by 38 Pts, largest margin of victory for road team over a home team this season.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
we keep playing like this and its gonna get ugly for teams in the playoffs.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA/Cavs Discussion III

Link Copied to Clipboard