Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Legend
Legend
Why, oh Why did I have to miss this game? crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Paul Pierce got destroyed by Lebron. Really happy with the way minutes worked out. Lebron only played 25 minutes, nobody played more than 32. Kinda sad that's the only stat I pay attention to in the regular season.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Wow Kevin Love just missed a totally open dunk. How the hell could he miss a dunk, he's freaking so tall... tsktsk

Kevin Love is 6'7" on a good day. That is tall, but not for NBA standards. He still should have made the dunk.

How exactly did he got basically his entire NBA career with everyone thinking he was 6'10?

Then a random promo pic of him standing head to head with Derrick Williams comes out and the internet explodes..

Hell I think hes still 6'10 in NBA2k15..

The measure the dude at the combine and he was 6'7". It's that simple. NBA players have been lying about their height as long as the league existed.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Regardless, still should have been able to slam that one home. He looked like he blew both his knees out when trying to attack lol.

Cavs played strong last night. I thought the bench played decent too.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Why, oh Why did I have to miss this game? crazy

in 2009, I watched literally every single Cavs game. I don't know how I did it, but it was fun, but also made the series against Orlando that much worse..

Then I was in Basic/AIT for 2010 playoffs..

Then I was home for the 2011 season.. I watched the first game, seemed fun.. Hey maybe it won't be so bad.. Then the first Miami game happened.. And it seemed to go straight downhill from there.. I did catch the Miami game that we won, where Ryan Hollins went off on them.. that was fun at least..

Then we got Kyrie, and we still sucked.. Last year was almost worse, because they were trying SO HARD to make the playoffs.. they just were not a good team..

Then this offseason happened.. and it almost seemed to easy.. We're a good team again.. Bam.. Yeah we struggled early, but we've made great moves, and bam, we're almost a great team already..

Maybe I'm just trying to protect myself, I have ESPN updates on my phone for Tipoffs and Final Scores, but I don't feel the NEED to watch every game this year..

I was at my dads the night the streak started, against the Lakers, and he asked if the game was on TV, and who they were playing, and I said LA.. and he said "Oh, not even worth watching"

I will watch every playoff game. I will be invested. But part of me wonders if I'm all in as I was in 2009.

It's not the same. There's something different. It doesn't feel like it's going to mean the same, as had they won the first go round with LeBron..

I hate Rashard Lewis.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Those Orlando scrubs fell off the face of the earth after that series (with the exception of DH obviously). Mickaël Piétrus isn't in the league. Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis and Hedo fell off a cliff. A streaky jump shooting team got insanely hot for a series.

D
Legend
Legend
D
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--ca...310057-nba.html

Sources: Cavaliers emerge as frontrunners to sign Kendrick Perkins

By Adrian Wojnarowski
Yahoo Sports

The Cleveland Cavaliers have emerged as the strong frontrunners to sign center Kendrick Perkins, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Perkins and the Utah Jazz are proceeding on a contract buyout that could be completed as soon as Saturday, sources said.

Perkins is leaning toward signing a deal with the Cavaliers, but has yet to make a final commitment, sources said.

Oklahoma City traded Perkins, 30, to the Jazz as part of package that sent Enes Kanter to the Thunder on Thursday.

Perkins’ talents have diminished in the past few years, but his toughness and leadership still makes him a valued presence in contending locker rooms. Perkins has played 13 NBA seasons, including eight with the Boston Celtics and five with the Thunder.

Legend
Legend
Kyrie / Delly
Smith / Shumpert
LeBron / Marion
Love / Thompson
Mozgov / Perkins

That's about as good and well balanced of a roster you can reasonably ask for.

Legend
Legend
I may consider Ray Allen.. just so I don't have to even see Marion's name on a depth chart..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--ca...310057-nba.html

Sources: Cavaliers emerge as frontrunners to sign Kendrick Perkins

By Adrian Wojnarowski
Yahoo Sports

The Cleveland Cavaliers have emerged as the strong frontrunners to sign center Kendrick Perkins, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Perkins and the Utah Jazz are proceeding on a contract buyout that could be completed as soon as Saturday, sources said.

Perkins is leaning toward signing a deal with the Cavaliers, but has yet to make a final commitment, sources said.

Oklahoma City traded Perkins, 30, to the Jazz as part of package that sent Enes Kanter to the Thunder on Thursday.

Perkins’ talents have diminished in the past few years, but his toughness and leadership still makes him a valued presence in contending locker rooms. Perkins has played 13 NBA seasons, including eight with the Boston Celtics and five with the Thunder.

Wow, that would be incredible for our front line depth.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Kendrick Perkins will sign with the Cavaliers once he finalizes a buyout with the Jazz, according to a source: http://es.pn/1DEZ5KW

https://twitter.com/royceyoung

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:
Kendrick Perkins will sign with the Cavaliers once he finalizes a buyout with the Jazz, according to a source: http://es.pn/1DEZ5KW

https://twitter.com/royceyoung

I was hoping we'd snag him.. we need toughness..all our bigs are soft as charmin. Mosgov got abused by nene and gortat last night. Hopefully having perkins will show these guys how to set a hard screen and how to be nasty under the basket. I can't see any negatives to bringing in perkins. Now thompson don't have to play the 5 and we can watch our bigs minutes down the stretch. I really hope this happens. Now all we need is shuttlesworth and I think we will be fine. I was worried about delli as our backup PG but blatt has rotated shump/lebron/delli in that role where delli dobn't have to play alot of minutes there...I'm ok with that.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Not too many guys can out physical Nene and Gortat, especially Nene. Guy is a tank. Very happy with our possible rotations. TT can just focus on PF and doing what he does.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I can't stand Perkins---------when he is on the other team-----but, I think I would love him on the Cavs. LOL

He is mean. He is tough. He never smiles. He is kinda dirty.

Just what we need.

smirk

C
Legend
Legend
C
Perkins is just about the worst player in the NBA. If he plays more than five minutes a game something went seriously wrong.

Legend
Legend
I have a real problem with the thinking that Mozgov is "soft as Charmin". I think that is a ridiculous statement.

Are there some players he will have trouble with? Sure. Most players have a type they might struggle with, but to say that he is a soft player defies reality.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I have a real problem with the thinking that Mozgov is "soft as Charmin". I think that is a ridiculous statement.

Are there some players he will have trouble with? Sure. Most players have a type they might struggle with, but to say that he is a soft player defies reality.

Just because you have a problem with it doesn't make it less true...he's a finesse guy, he gets pushed around by physical centers..I know he's your golden child, I still think we paid too much, but I like mosgov, I like that he's athletic and has a mid range jump shot, and he plays good help defense and rotates to the weak side very well. But two things stand out to me when watching him..he has horrible hands and he gets pushed around easy. The soft comment stands for me...now he's not TT or Andy soft, but he could be alot more physical given his dimensions. I simply believe its because he's never been asked to play that style. Which is why I like the perkins deal. He is possibly the most physical/nasty center in the game. He sets bone jarring screens and gets his moneys worth on fouls. I think Mosgov could learn how to use his body better watching Perk. Perk is going to be huge come playoffs. I thought getting a backup center was more priority than anything and we have that addressed. The rest of the NBA just got put on notice when driving the lane.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
C
Legend
Legend
C
Perkins? He can't even get off the ground he is one of the worst players in the league.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Wow just keep LBJ on the bench. We are destroying this team, rest him up!

P
Legend
Legend
P
The Knicks are sad ... thumbsdown

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
welp.....so what you guys think?

2nd seed or 3rd seed?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I can't believe we are only up by 24. Come on guys, get it together. rofl

This team is so talented, and Mozgov has given them such a physical presence inside on defense that it has completely changed the whole defensive mindset.

I think that we will make it to 2nd in the East.

Legend
Legend
i guess to be fair, lol, they are playing without Melo. so...there's that i suppose.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
JR Smith becomes "JR Smash". shocked grin

That was purty. wink

D
Legend
Legend
D
JR Smith becomes "JR Smash". shocked grin

That was purty. wink

Yeah, great toss up by Iman and an even better finish by JR. Whew we!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freaking sick!

nanner

W
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
W
I'm really liking this little stretch since we've picked up Mosgov and Smith. Lebron and Love have to be averaging their fewest minutes in their careers. I don't think Lebron has played more than 30 minutes in the last three games dating back to before the All Star break. This could pay some serious dividends when it comes play-off time!! thumbsup

#gmstrong.
Legend
Legend
Kendrick Perkins to take physical on Monday, could play Tuesday against Detroit | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/...t_story_package

NEW YORK -- Free agent center Kendrick Perkins is expected to arrive in Cleveland on Monday to take a physical and sign his contract with the Cavaliers, I'm told.

If all goes well, there's a chance he could join his new team in Detroit for Tuesday's game against the Pistons. He did not accompany the team to New York.

Perkins, 30, was recruited with the intentions of providing the team with a legitimate backup center. A game against the Chicago Bulls on Feb. 12 proved that if Timofey Mozgov picks up some early fouls, the Cavaliers have a huge conundrum on their hands.

Head Coach David Blatt has shown that he has very little faith in using seven-footer Brendan Haywood and he opted to go with a thin, 6-8 small forward in James Jones to guard Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson.

Obviously that plan failed, but Jones tried his very best.

Ever since the additions of Mozgov, J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert, Cleveland has transformed into a tough, rugged group. Perkins will only makes matters worse for the opponent.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Did anyone see the tweet from LBJ to Perkins? LeBron said something about Perkins being his "muscle." LOL

Man, I can't believe anyone would be against this move. He is just what we need. I always hated the guy because of how physical and dirty he was against us, but now that he is on our side.........I'm lovin' him.

D
Legend
Legend
D
PS, link to video of Iman to JR for the reverse oop!

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bask...shumpert-at-msg

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
PS, link to video of Iman to JR for the reverse oop!

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bask...shumpert-at-msg

dude, even the knick fans had to cheer for that one. all you here was "OOOOOOOOOOOOO"

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C
Smith's numbers in New York and Cleveland are pretty similar. I wonder what changed people's opinion of him.

Legend
Legend
Smith's numbers in New York and Cleveland are pretty similar. I wonder what changed people's opinion of him.

I watched a few games when he was still with the knicks.

he plays defense way harder since he's been here.

also, i think his 3 point average went slightly up, on top of this style of offense suits him way better, and he's overall less selfish...or just doesn't have to be on this squad.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

His flaws got masked on a better team

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Just because you have a problem with it doesn't make it less true...he's a finesse guy, he gets pushed around by physical centers..I know he's your golden child, I still think we paid too much

Okay ... pick between these two players:

Player A:
58.8% FG / 66% FT
11.1 Rebounds per 36 mins
0.6 Steals per 36
2.1 Blocks per 36
14.0 Pts per 36
45% Opp FG% at the Rim
18.9 PER
2.65 WAR
+0.66 Real +/-

Player B:
57.5% FG / 52.7% FT
12.3 Rebounds per 36
0.7 Steals per 36
1.5 Blocks per 36
18.3 Pts per 36
45% Opp FG% at the Rim
18.1 PER
1.74 WAR
+0.34 Real +/-

Player A was traded for 2 late first rounders.
Player B was traded for 3 first rounders and 6 players.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I notice you didn't mention Love's three pointers or passing skills. . .

Legend
Legend
That's because Dwight Howard doesn't hit three pointers.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
That's because Dwight Howard doesn't hit three pointers.

This makes me feel dumb.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92

His flaws got masked on a better team

He is playing really good defense here in Cleveland, and he is also playing within the offense, moving the ball effectively and such. The word on him was that he was a head case, and a selfish player, and that has not been the case.

He has gone from 1.9 turnovers/game to 1.1, despite playing more minutes. He has turned up the defensive pressure. He has roughly twice as many steals/game in Cleveand as he did in NY. He has also done his best to fit into the offense. He is a really effective running mate for Lebron as well.

I know that I thought that he would be a guy who might help some off the bench, but I worried about his attitude. He has been absolutely a perfect teammate from all reports though.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I've periodically followed the team this season. It's fun to watch them gel like this. They're out there having fun at this point.

There was an article, might've been discussed on here, about how JR isn't as distracted in Cleveland as he was in the Big Apple. Sure, there's "nightlife" here but not what he was used to in NYC. That probably factors into a lot.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA/Cavs Discussion III

Link Copied to Clipboard