Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
If these players were available at pick 12, pick 19 and pick 43, which ones would you chose?

1. Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
2. Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami
3. Cameron Erving, OT/G/C, Florida State
4. Malcom Brown, DT, Texas
5. Mario Edwards Jr., DT/DE, Florida State
6. Danny Shelton, NT, Washington
7. Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
8. Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
9. DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
10. Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
11. Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State
12. Shane Ray, OLB/DE, Missouri
13. Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
14. Randy Gregory,OLB, Nebraska
15. Dante Fowler Jr.,OLB, Florida
16. Bud Dupree,OLB, Kentucky

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Scherff
Fowler
Shelton
Brown
White

Any of those
Erving
Dupree
Parker

Any player on your list

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
@ 12
White
Brown
Parker
Shelton
Fowler

@ 19 Any of the above +
Erving
Dupree
Strong
Shheff

@ 43 the above +
Willams
Smith
Edwards
Flowers
Beasley
Ray
Gregory

Last edited by guard dawg; 02/22/15 07:54 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well since I think Shelton, White, Parker, Ray, Beasley, Gregory, and Fowler all to be gone by the time we pick at 12 I guess I'll go with:

12) OT Scherff
19) DT Brown
43) TE Williams

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No way in hell this happens, but if I'm picking from that list:

12) Shane Ray
19) Kevin White
43) Maxx Williams

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
My favorite 4 and not in any order.
Scherff
Shelton
Kevin White
Vic Beasley

Maybe and alternate of Malcom Brown
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
#12 - Kevin White WR/West Virginia --OR-- Danny Shelton DT/Washington

#19 - Ereck Flowers OT/Miami --OR-- Vic Beasley OLB/Clemson

#43 - Malcom Brown DT/Texas --OR-- Jaelen Strong WR/Arizona State --OR-- Bryce Petty QB/Baylor

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
White, Flowers and Brown would be an A+ draft grade in my opinion.

Either way I think our first three picks are DL, RT, and WR in no particular order.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I really like Jealen Strong in the 2nd round if we still need a WR right there, but after the monster combine that Kevin White had I think he could immediately be our #1 wide receiver if we take him at #12.

Legend
Legend
I like your idea.. but I think you need a "tier" system..

Give people to chose from for 12, then 19, then 43..

Because if we came out of the first two rounds with Shelton, White, and Maxx Williams.. I might literally crap my pants..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
N
Legend
Legend
N
since you didn't make any rules, I will take 3 of my favorite players in this draft:

Fowler, Shelton, Parker

It's more likely all 3 are gone before 12 than we get all 3 (far more likely), but hey, why not smile

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quick Post-Combine mock for me:

1a DE Malcom Brown
1b OLB Owamagbe Odighizuwa
2 WR Nelson Agholor
3 WR Rashad Greene
4a OT Mitch Morse
4b CB Ladarius Gunter
5 NT Terry Williams
6a C Max Garcia
6b RB Josh Robinson
7 TE Westlee Tonga

C
Legend
Legend
C
I see Agholor, I don't see a giant fullback from Alabama. That makes me sad.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Do you really think Garcia makes it to the 6th or is that more a hope?

I would be surprised...but you are much more up on these guys than I am.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg
Do you really think Garcia makes it to the 6th or is that more a hope?

I would be surprised...but you are much more up on these guys than I am.

Man it's really hard to say. He didn't do anything at the combine, which could help. A lot of teams drafted centers last year which could make some guys fall. Mostly I put him there in the 6th because I'm comfortable with Dillon Day as a replacement. I'm not as comfortable with a backup nose tackle or corner. But yeah he's really big and powerful. He's definitely better than that 6th rounder. CBS still has him listed as 224 overall, so I hope he can make it to a later pick for us.

E
Legend
Legend
E
1b OLB Owamagbe Odighizuwa

Wasn't he up for an Oscar last night? laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I've said I think we should take BPA for the first 3 rounds, but I also REALLY like Kevin White. I like Parker, similar to Mike Evans in that he is a big target we will go high to fight for the ball, a great red zone threat. But white is a big guy with great hands and SPEED!

So I'm revising; I think we should get White with one of the 1st round picks.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think the big 3 WR's will all be off the board when the Browns pick at 12 but a pass rusher will fall. With Vic Beasley having a great combine I think the player that will fall is

#12 Shane Ray OLB Missouri

With the next pick the Browns will be looking to solidify the OL and another player that will fall when the WR hungry teams like Kansas City, Miami, and San Fran reach for the next set of receivers like Strong, Coates, and Conley is

#19 Ereck Flowers OT Miami

At #43 the Browns will find the receiver whi is

#43 Nelson Agholor WR USC

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: no_logo_required
since you didn't make any rules, I will take 3 of my favorite players in this draft:

Fowler, Shelton, Parker

It's more likely all 3 are gone before 12 than we get all 3 (far more likely), but hey, why not smile

those are my favorites as well...Fowler looked dynamite, if he somehow slid to us at #12 Id be ecstatic

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
OK, so by my tabulation

2 QB's Winston, Mariota
3 WR's White, Cooper, Parker
1 OL Schreif
4 DE Beasley, Fowler, Ray, Gregory
2 DT Shelton, Williams

That is 12, and we pick at 12. The next group sitting at 19...

2 OL Collins, Clemmings, Peat, Flowers
1 DL Brown
1 DE DuPree
1 WR Strong

and 2 outliers (non-needs) that can expected to be taken.

1 SS Collins
1 CB Waynes

so from a math perspective, WR and DE will be one of the first 12. and the other or an OL will be there at 19.

At 43, the Browns can fill a WE/DT/DE need if not picked, or go with QB Petty if he is on the board.

1 QB Petty

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

V
1st String
1st String
V
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

Because if we came out of the first two rounds with Shelton, White, and Maxx Williams.. I might literally crap my pants..

From your lips to God's ears, I hope you have to change your pants. smile

E
Legend
Legend
E
Thats how I do it Charger...I make a list of 12...and rate them 1-12, not a list of how I think the draft will go - MY FAVORITE 12. That is my mini board and one will be there probably more - of course in years past it had to be a list of 5 or 7 lol laugh

In 2015 we need an additional list of 7 to get to the 19th pick.

I got a feeling Schreff is not going as high as the draftnicks or predicting...watch him drop as we get closer to the draft as they catch wind of how the GMs view.

My question is how long are his arms? LT prospects move up the board and RT prospects move on down.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab
My question is how long are his arms?

Longer than Joe Thomas', but shorter than Cyrus Kouandjio's.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Oh I thought they would be short by some reports I have read where they are stating could be OG or RT - not many stating Left Tackle. Why I was saying he could drop if that is how the GM's rate him.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
As usual we have an opportunity to get 3 really good players with our 1st 3 picks and as usual when our FO is done with those picks we as Browns fans will come away feeling we did not get all that we should and could have. That's the way I always feel. Bank on it. confused

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab
Oh I thought they would be short by some reports I have read where they are stating could be OG or RT - not many stating Left Tackle. Why I was saying he could drop if that is how the GM's rate him.

His arms were on the shorter side. Scherff was 33 3/8"... La'el Collins was 33 1/4", Ogbueghi and Clemmings were >35". I would be happy to bet that Scherff and Collins are better tackles in the pros than those other two guys.

My point was that the short arms thing (for OTs) is a myth perpetrated by people who want to be able to quantify talent.

Joe Thomas (32 1/2") and Jake Long (32 7/8")

Here's something from 5 years ago:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/12020/daily-mailbag-the-insanity-of-short-arms

Thank you, thank you, Mallory of St. Paul, for providing me the opportunity to address the most ridiculous thing I heard or read during the NFL draft. Take it away, Mallory:

I've heard a lot of various experts and analysts project that Green Bay's Bryan Bulaga will struggle to adapt to left tackle in the NFL due to short arms. But, checking combine numbers, his arms (33 1/4") were longer than NFL left tackles Joe Thomas (32 1/2") and Jake Long (32 7/8").

Both of these guys are able to play left tackle effectively in the NFL regardless of their arm length, so why are people making such a big deal about this? Is there really a huge correlation between "arm length" and being effective as a left tackle in the NFL? Is Bulaga being unfairly criticized because he attended the same school and played the same position as notorious NFL bust Robert Gallery (32 1/4" arms)?

[+] EnlargeBryan Bulaga
Chuck Rydlewski/Icon SMIThe Packers drafted Bryan Bulaga with the 23rd pick in the first round.
Yes, Mallory. This is draft analysis gone mad. Bonkers. Completely berserk. And this time, I'm not being sarcastic. Anyone who is worried about Bryan Bulaga because his arms are 2 3/4 inches shorter than the NFL ideal will have their Black and Blue blog membership cards rescinded. Go away. We don't want you anymore.

(OK, maybe that last sentiment is a slight exaggeration.)

I have no idea if Bulaga will flop or one day enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame. But I guarantee that if he flops, it won't be because his arms are too short. What do you people think? That Julius Peppers is just going to put his hand on Bulaga's head, sit there and laugh while Bulaga flails away? Come on.

I better take in some oxygen here. ....

There. That's better.

There's no doubt that in a vacuum, long arms beat the alternative when it comes to offensive tackles. If they could all have Inspector Gadget's tools, they would. The further you can reach, the better. Wingspan no doubt helps when you're protecting an open edge. But ask any offensive line coach about the ideal skills of a left tackle, and most of them will tell you that footwork is more important.

You block with your feet as much as with your hands. Getting yourself into proper position between the pass-rusher and the quarterback is most critical. If you're lunging at a pass-rusher, it doesn't matter whether you have 70-inch hoses attached to your shoulder. You're going to get beat.

On that topic, here's what Scouts Inc. had to say about Bulaga:

Gets set quickly, locks out arms and can ride explosive edge rushers past the pocket. Shows excellent body control and footwork when forced to redirect.

Credit Bulaga for having a sense of humor on the issue. He recently told the Des Moines Register: "I never really got myself in a position where I thought, 'Gosh, I wish my arms were longer.'"

I'm sure you could find some NFL scouts who question Bulaga's long-term viability. There is rarely consensus on any NFL draft prospect. But arm length? FAIL. Go back and find me something that matters.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Myth? I think the too short was 31" at least around the time of Joe Thomas. Gallery? I think he was in that 31" range.

But the short arms came from Bosselli. It had nothing to do with ability. A Left Tackle would use that arm to stop the edge explosion while they got the opportunity to get the feet in place. It was the medical reports of Boselli who had to cut his career short because of his shoulder injuries.

The report stated that the short arms had less leverage and too much strain on the shoulder over the years. Why Boselli had to retire. And it was then forth that length of arms was on the Left Tackle list of specs. Then I think came the failure of Gallery supposed a No Risk Left Tackle who had short arms. But the risk was never about quality of work it was about longevity. I think the media saying it over n over and scout reports it became thought of as a skill set not medical concern.

Just how I remember the evolving of the short arm thing.

Wonder if you could get the arm length of Boselli?

But myth is the Skill set part. Footwork is 99% of the skill set.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
I hope we have a board with 43 players on it, and take the highest rated player on it when our picks come up, barring a ridiculous trade offer to move down a few spots etc..

I don't want to hear we took this guy at 19 because we really liked him but didn't think he'd last to 43..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
I've heard that the Patriots go into the draft with a board of 50 players.

Legend
Legend
Why would you need a board of 50 when only 42 of them will be gone at the 43rd pick.. And the point of the board is that player 43 is "better" than players 44-50?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have heard that it is typically around 100 based upon draft position scheme, character and other issues that make certain players not selectable.

e.g. do you think any of the consensus top 10 players would be on the NE board?

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Why would you need a board of 50 when only 42 of them will be gone at the 43rd pick.. And the point of the board is that player 43 is "better" than players 44-50?

I meant that they only have 50 players that they are willing to draft in the entire draft. If the value isn't right they trade out.

Legend
Legend
Ah, gotcha.

P
2nd String
2nd String
P
At 12,if still there definitely Kevin White,I'm at podium before Goodell so FO doesn't blow it, but by all indications since combine he's probably not there,my choice is Jaleen Strong. At 19 hello trench time one of OTs preferably Brandon Scherff or should Danny Shelton be available snag him,then at 43 it's between Maxx Williams and Cameron Erving depending upon no. 19 pick and if Max Williams still there you snag him to replace Cameron Jordan.

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Passionate Dawg
At 12,if still there definitely Kevin White,I'm at podium before Goodell so FO doesn't blow it, but by all indications since combine he's probably not there,my choice is Jaleen Strong. At 19 hello trench time one of OTs preferably Brandon Scherff or should Danny Shelton be available snag him,then at 43 it's between Maxx Williams and Cameron Erving depending upon no. 19 pick and if Max Williams still there you snag him to replace Cameron Jordan.

I didn't think Williams would be a good 5-technique, but Watt started off as a TE, too, so you might be on to something.

Legend
Legend

Well... hypothetically, if you have the 30 pick and the best guy on your board is a LB so you take the LB.. then you get to your next pick at 43 and the best guy left from your board is another LB.. but you don't want to take 2 LBers... So you then have 44-50 left at different positions to choose from.

You can't tell me that the skill difference between your guy ranked 43 and your guy ranked 44 is SOOOOOOO great, that it warrants drafting a guy at a position you don't need just to follow your board rankings.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Well... hypothetically, if you have the 30 pick and the best guy on your board is a LB so you take the LB.. then you get to your next pick at 43 and the best guy left from your board is another LB.. but you don't want to take 2 LBers... So you then have 44-50 left at different positions to choose from.

You can't tell me that the skill difference between your guy ranked 43 and your guy ranked 44 is SOOOOOOO great, that it warrants drafting a guy at a position you don't need just to follow your board rankings.

I can see how having a couple mores names would be helpful..

But the base idea is still there... Don't get cute, draft the best guys available at your spot..

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I can see how having a couple mores names would be helpful..

But the base idea is still there... Don't get cute, draft the best guys available at your spot..

Hey man, I agree. I don't have a problem going from 43 to 45 on your board to fill a spot you NEED.. but don't go from 43 to 75 because you have this sudden gut feeling that you have to have a guy.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Reminds me of us drafting Weeden, beyond the fact that drafting Brandon Weeden at all was dumb..

We (IMO) assumed Kendall Wright would be there at 22, and when he wasn't.. It was like we just moved every pick we had up a spot..

Ironically Kendall Wright also sucks.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 A list of players to chose from at picks @12,19 and 43

Link Copied to Clipboard