Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I feel like this isn't even the same team anymore with this logo change.

This will DEFINITELY take some getting used to.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"We're replacing the orange helmet logo with an orange helmet logo."

The whole ordeal sounds pretty ridiculous when it's put that way doesn't it?

Believe me, I'm not all up in arms about it but don't make a big deal about a change when all you're doing is tweaking the regular logo.

Legend
Legend
If they hadn't announced it and just switched, would you have noticed?

#GMSTRONG
ErikInHell #930468 02/24/15 08:09 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
Boy, this is going to take some getting used to.

rofl rofl

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
A
Legend
Legend
A
I, too, like the helmet as our logo.

However, the whole "change", if you can call it that - was way oversold.

If all you're going to do is change the mask color, and darken the orange - why try to sell it as a big change?

Haslam is more Barnum and Bailey than he is .........

He's a marketer. Nothing wrong with that - but let's call it what it is. Remove some seats, add a fancy scoreboard, add some new club seat level food places, change a color, and increase ticket prices hoping the other crap justifies it. Marketer. May have worked for him, taking over dads business.......but this is the nfl. Winning makes you money - not marketing. Winning makes marketing easy. Marketing doesn't create a winner.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I disagree this time, a real marketer would have made drastic changes and had the fans run out to get "updated" shirts hats etc.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
V
Legend
Legend
V
It's the Browns. Why was I expecting anything else?

Psydeffect #930504 02/24/15 09:16 PM
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

Believe me, I'm not all up in arms about it but don't make a big deal about a change when all you're doing is tweaking the regular logo.

It's almost like a Seinfeld episode when you put it that way. I could see Kramer coming up with a new logo for the Yankees and changing the hue a little bit and selling it to George as a huge and better design.

Made me think of "it's a coffee table book about coffee tables"

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I thought the whole change was a joke...looks like our team is the joke...again...sigh.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Edit - I didn't think of that when I originally posted but....

thumbsup Great episode.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 02/24/15 09:33 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

It's almost like a Seinfeld episode when you put it that way. I could see Kramer coming up with a new logo for the Yankees and changing the hue a little bit and selling it to George as a huge and better design.

Made me think of "it's a coffee table book about coffee tables"

It kind of reminds me of the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode when Larry goes to Starbucks and orders the cafe latte.

The video of the scene is on youtube, but has some cursing so I can't link to it.

Here's a quote from the scene:

Larry: This is very good by the way. Thank you! It's a cafe latte?... What is that... milk?

Starbucks employee: Milk... uh... and coffee.

Larry: Milk and coffee! Who would've thought? Milk and coffee! Oh my God. What a drink! It's milk and coffee, mixed together!

Milk Man #930526 02/24/15 10:27 PM
J
Legend
Legend
J
Hahahahahaha, that is hilarious. Only the Browns.

Tulsa #930531 02/24/15 10:48 PM
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
If they hadn't announced it and just switched, would you have noticed?

thats's funny..... probably not!!!
Can't believe they payed somebody to come up with the "new" design.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The makeover scene in Not Another Teen Movie where she takes off the girls glasses and takes down her ponytail and says "That's it! I'm a miracle worker"

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just shake my head.

I want the metallic orange helmets and an updated jersey.

I can only hope that the color is for marketing/reproduction purposes.

I dislike the new dawg. Too cartoonish.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
In other news, Geraldo Rivera will host the unveiling of the browns uniforms from Al Capones Vault. Lunch will be served with a delightful buffett of rice cakes, tofu and non alcoholic beer and for you fiesty gentleman the cleveland senior center will be hosting a swimsuit competition where the latest in depends fashion will be on display. Please come on down and enjoy the time of your life.

Mourgrym #930553 02/25/15 12:27 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
In other news, Geraldo Rivera will host the unveiling of the browns uniforms from Al Capones Vault. Lunch will be served with a delightful buffett of rice cakes, tofu and non alcoholic beer and for you fiesty gentleman the cleveland senior center will be hosting a swimsuit competition where the latest in depends fashion will be on display. Please come on down and enjoy the time of your life.

We'll be serving white cake..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
ThatGuy #930557 02/25/15 12:51 AM
Legend
Legend
I really liked the helmet someone posted a bit back in this thread:

The Dawg Pound dog looks a bit puppy-ish to me, but whatever:

I think they basically 'borrowed' the Bengals orange...or close to it.

1st String
1st String
Black and orange now. No more Brown. What other team in our division wears orange and black? Huh? The purpose of the entire "change" is to suck more money out of the pockets of foolish fans like me who will have to have all new stuff now! Red is the new Orange in my humble opinion. Can't put a team on the field but they sure can make money off of sold out games, record sales of a draft bust quarterback's jersey, and now an entire new revamp of logo, uniform and colors. Didn't we fight to keep our stuff when Art tore our hearts out? Wasn't the entire state up in arms? Didn't the NFL champion our cause?

They should have just closed the door on NFL football in Cleveland and saved us all a lot of pain, anger, humiliation, and outrage. Shameful.

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That is laughable, how can you have a team named the browns without the color brown, and to use black? well that other team in the division would probably object.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

3rd_and_20 #930575 02/25/15 01:36 AM
1st String
1st String
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
The Dawg Pound dog looks a bit puppy-ish to me, but whatever:

I think they basically 'borrowed' the Bengals orange...or close to it.

Exactly. I think it sucks. Who is the idiot behind going to orange and black and the same orange as the Bengals? Never mind. No one will ever own up to it much like the phantom team aficionado who decided on Johnny Footbrawl.

Dean #930577 02/25/15 01:42 AM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Uhhhhhh. . . it's brown, not black.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Don't count out the metallic helmet yet.

The logos for all the teams are shown as solid colors. There's not even a gradient fill, (where one color fades into another), on any of them. The only shading on those that have shading is done in a solid color. (and I think the Eagles and Jags are the only two sporting that).

PMS (Pantone Matching System), is the standard for identifying colors in print. There is no way to show a metallic color using solid PMS colors in print. In order to show metallic it would have to be an image (photo). None of the NFL Team Logos are photos. So the chance so having an NFL logo showing metallic color is not an option.

The darker orange is likely the most sensible way to show the new, darker, metallic orange color that the new helmet may indeed be. They could have used a "shading", solid color, as mentioned in the Jags and Eagles logos above, but obviously chose not to.

The solid, (PMS color), format is the most reliable method to show consistent color in a wide range of printed media (i.e. newspaper, magazines, programs, etc). Likely the biggest reason the NFL chooses to go with that format.

In contrast, images (photos) take some serious color correction manipulating for each print media in order to get the color right. But it is still inconsistent from publication to publication.

PMS colors can be printed as "spot colors", (ink colors that come ready mixed in a can), in the better publications to show exact, consistent colors. Lesser publications like newspapers are not going to go to that trouble so the color will be approximate.

It would be even worse if it were a photo as witnessed by the wide array of differences in skin color of your average photos of people, any people, shown in color in newspapers, phone books and other lesser publications.

My point in all this is that just because the "new logo" seems to be no more than a darker shade of the original color, it may look that way due to keeping with the NFL guidelines of using all solid colors. But the real helmet, when revealed, may still be a highly metallic, knock your socks-off, eye candy we've been hoping for.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
And honestly, part of it maybe the style of helmet they use for the logo..

What is that, a standard Schutt helmet?

How much "cooler" will it look as a Revolution, or the DNA helmet?

But I understand not making a specific style of helmet the logo.. makes it less 2D logo esq. .

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dave #930600 02/25/15 06:25 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
They paid a consultant a million dollars to come up with the metallic orange, but homeless guy told Jimmy to go with the darker orange instead.

I am not homeless flamingmad

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
cfrs15 #930608 02/25/15 07:56 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Thank-you.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
cfrs15 #930627 02/25/15 09:07 AM
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

I think Dean is color blind. Some people need to just make stuff up to bash the team.

#gmstrong
1st String
1st String

I think Dean is color blind. Some people need to just make stuff up to bash the team.

Or crazy enough to be an eternal optimist after the team whacks you in the kahunas year after year. Forget the changes in helmet, uniform, whatever....the masterminds in Berea Should make a concerted effort to make a positive change in the thing that counts the most - a winning ball club.

Y'all can spend 24 pages praising Jimmy and the boys for 'upgrading' our colors but I'm not getting eternally positive, ecstatically happy or mildly amused until they make a.) a playoff appearance b.) successive playoff appearances c.) an AFC championship or d.) d (gawd forbid) a Lombardi trophy win.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:
It's not your decision and not my decision so why act like it is?

If your response was directed at me, I have no clue what you are trying to say here.

memphis..sorry, not directed at you at all..I should have used 'jc'..just clicking.

The comment was directed at all those having a mental breakdown because they didn't get the kind of changes they expected.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Dean #930639 02/25/15 09:27 AM
Legend
Legend
No one is asking you to be "eternally positive"

But you literally just made two separate posts based on the color being black.. And proceeded to bash the team for it.. When its clearly not black, at no point says black..

I think we might have mentioned that by now..

Ballpeen #930673 02/25/15 10:59 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
My take on all of this is simple. I have no objection to anything they've done with the colors or logo, so far. My only objection is how they did it.

Whether they meant to or not the announcement was being looked at and waited for as if it was a big deal. It wasn't, so the Browns look like idiots. Had they said, instead, "Hey, we'll be making a couple of minor changes so look for those in the coming weeks" no one would have given these changes a second thought.

If the uniform changes are similarly unspectacular one can only imagine the crap we'll take on the Internet then. Frankly, as a Browns fan I'm getting tired of being the constant butt of jokes. If only the FO was feeling the same way......

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: crazyotto55
My take on all of this is simple. I have no objection to anything they've done with the colors or logo, so far. My only objection is how they did it.

Whether they meant to or not the announcement was being looked at and waited for as if it was a big deal. It wasn't, so the Browns look like idiots. Had they said, instead, "Hey, we'll be making a couple of minor changes so look for those in the coming weeks" no one would have given these changes a second thought.

If the uniform changes are similarly unspectacular one can only imagine the crap we'll take on the Internet then. Frankly, as a Browns fan I'm getting tired of being the constant butt of jokes. If only the FO was feeling the same way......

My thoughts exactly. They should have never hyped this.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

In unrelated news....Alec Sheiner's house is for sale.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
My one big question is "Where is the clown?" A big clowns face should be the the new helmet logo...would fit perfectly! The bad thing...that would be very offensive to clowns!

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Why do I feel scammed like a Pilot Flying J customer or something??? LOL

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

In unrelated news....Alec Sheiner's house is for sale.

I also heard that Bill Cowher is interested in buying it.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So when is the secondary logo of the Brownie elf with a revamped look coming out?

E
Legend
Legend
E
That new dawg logo looks like an angry pug.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Cleveland_clutch
So when is the secondary logo of the Brownie elf with a revamped look coming out?

They unveiled it last year during the draft..

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I hate the helmet as a logo. Browns gear is lame in my opinion, even though I own a lot of it. A hat with a helmet on it is just not that cool in my eyes. I understand the tradition, but I only buy stuff with the elf on it.

I just can't understand them hyping a logo change, and then basically not making one.

#gmstrong
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum New Uniforms

Link Copied to Clipboard