Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
NFL free agency: Browns' Ahtyba Rubin draws interest, plus other notes from first day of negotiating

Below are six notes from the first day of negotiations.
1. Three teams expressed significant interest in Browns starting nose tackle Ahtyba Rubin, a source familiar with the situation told the Beacon Journal. Rubin is scheduled to hit the open market Tuesday, and he's not expected to return to the Browns, even though he said in December he would retire as a member of the franchise if he could. He's one of nine players who have appeared in 100 games for Cleveland since 1999. Only eight-time Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas has been with the Browns longer than Rubin, a sixth-round draft pick in 2008.
2. Eight teams were aggressive in their pursuit of Browns soon-to-be free agent cornerback Buster Skrine, a league source confirmed. The Browns have made Skrine their top priority to re-sign, but those plans might be foiled. Skrine, the starter opposite Pro Bowler Joe Haden for the past two seasons, has made it known he wants to test the open market, and he'll likely receive some lucrative offers. On Saturday, the Houston Texans reportedly re-signed cornerback Kareem Jackson to a four-year, $34 million deal, which includes $20 million guaranteed. ProFootballFocus.com ranked Jackson 11th and Skrine 82nd out of 108 cornerbacks last season. Sports Illustrated's Greg Bedard recently listed Skrine as the 25th-best free agent and Jackson 27th.
3. The Browns are one of the most receiver-needy teams in the NFL, and a major domino fell at the position Saturday when Pro Bowler Randall Cobb re-signed with the Green Bay Packers. NFL Network reported the deal is for four years and worth $40 million, including $17 million guaranteed. Cobb had six or seven offers and turned down more money elsewhere to stay with the Packers, according to the report. Jeremy Maclin of the Philadelphia Eagles becomes the top-rated receiver scheduled to hit the open market. Yahoo reporter Charles Robinson tweeted he's heard the Browns are interested in Maclin.
4. The Buffalo Bills and impending free-agent edge rusher Jerry Hughes have made progress toward reaching a new deal, but both sides are aware the clock is ticking, the Buffalo News reported Saturday. The Browns would be a logical suitor for Hughes because he had his breakout season in 2013 when coach Mike Pettine served as the Bills' defensive coordinator and Cleveland needs an edge rusher with outside linebacker Jabaal Sheard expected to leave in free agency. Hughes, 26, has tallied 10 sacks in each of the past two years, so he's expected to receive plenty of interest. Yahoo's Robinson tweeted the Chicago Bears and New York Giants are candidates to land Hughes, adding he has not heard the Browns are in the mix.
5. Quarterback Brian Hoyer has publicly said goodbye to the Browns. The only remaining question is where he'll sign in the coming days as an unrestricted free agent. NFL Network reported the Houston Texans are targeting Hoyer. And the New York Jets are among a group of teams that have shown interest in him, according to ESPN. Hoyer played for Texans coach Bill O'Brien when the latter was the offensive coordinator of the New England Patriots, so there has been speculation about a potential reunion for months.
6. Wide receiver Andre Holmes received an original-round tender from the Oakland Raiders as a restricted free agent, Fox Sports reported Saturday. He entered the league as undrafted free agent, so another team could sign him without surrendering compensation in return. The Browns could be interested because new offensive coordinator John DeFilippo spent the past two seasons with the 6-foot-4, 210-pound Holmes when the former was an assistant for the Raiders, and Cleveland is desperate for receivers. Holmes, 26, had 47 receptions for 693 yards and four touchdowns last season. Browns General Manager Ray Farmer swiped receiver Andrew Hawkins away from the Cincinnati Bengals last year when he was a restricted free agent.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-brow...iating-1.572872

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
K
All Pro
All Pro
K

Report: Texans targeting Hoyer
Mar
3/7/2015 5:35:52 PM

The Houston Texans are zeroing in on the Brian Hoyer as a top quarterback target, Jeff Darlington of NFL Network reports via Marc Sessler of NFL.com. This according to a source with knowledge of the team's plans.

Based on what he was told, Darlington expects either Hoyer or fellow free agent Ryan Mallett to open the season as Houston's starter.

Coach Bill O'Brien showered Mallett with praise at last month's NFL Scouting Combine, calling the passer a "starter in this league" and telling reporters: "I'd like to have him back."

O'Brien knows both passers from their time together with the New England Patriots, where Mallett succeeded Hoyer as Tom Brady's backup. Houston swung a trade in August for Mallet, who has expressed interest in returning to the Texans in 2015.

tradition can only carry you so far, then you have to start winning again.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Any news on us tagging Gibson, Robertson, and Bademosi? ...would hate to loose any of them

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I often despise the PFF rankings. Not sure of how they grade, but they are often way off.

8 teams wanting Skrine this early. Yet, the Browns might not want to sign him and rely on a bunch of "ifs."

Only the Browns. thumbsdown

It makes sense though. We just invested in a first round cornerback. That means we have a significant amount of money in a cb who would be playing 3rd string cb. As much as it'd be amazing to keep Skrine, it's hard to justify paying him with Gilbert on the payroll.

So, the thinking is to get rid of the productive player and roll w/the guy who sucked last year.

Yep, following up one mistake w/another is always a great idea.

P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
Any news on us tagging Gibson, Robertson, and Bademosi? ...would hate to loose any of them

got until tuesday to tender them

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
I often despise the PFF rankings. Not sure of how they grade, but they are often way off.

8 teams wanting Skrine this early. Yet, the Browns might not want to sign him and rely on a bunch of "ifs."

Only the Browns. thumbsdown

It makes sense though. We just invested in a first round cornerback. That means we have a significant amount of money in a cb who would be playing 3rd string cb. As much as it'd be amazing to keep Skrine, it's hard to justify paying him with Gilbert on the payroll.

So, the thinking is to get rid of the productive player and roll w/the guy who sucked last year.

We have to think about it in the context of a budget for us to understand it.

So think about it like this. You're running out of your bread brand. However, your wife just went to the grocery store the day before and bought some new bread, but not of the same brand. Money isn't exactly tight at the moment, but you'll probably need that $4 you'd spend on your brand later that week. The thing is, you probably can't finish off both loaves of bread before one of them starts to mold. So what do you do?

V
Legend
Legend
V
I keep Skrine for the hear and now and put Giblert in the freezer. I enjoy Skrine in the present. And if Gilbert doesn't straighten up immediately, I throw him in the garbage.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I'd let the bread I don't like as much mold a bit (some of the slices might be ok) and be prepared to just throw it in the trash if it comes to that.

Gotta roll with the bread I know I like.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B

Can we also say Gilbert has the potential of being better. If he plays to expectation this year, you are overpaying Skrine. I think you are making this decision far to simple.

I'll bet Farmer is wanting to sign Skrine to a one or two year contract. Skine is looking at long term.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: bugs

Can we also say Gilbert has the potential of being better. If he plays to expectation this year, you are overpaying Skrine. I think you are making this decision far to simple.

I'll bet Farmer is wanting to sign Skrine to a one or two year contract. Skine is looking at long term.

I would definitely agree Skrine is looking for a long-term deal. But also with that, significant guaranteed dollars.

I'd also add that perceived role might have something to do with it as well. Skrine probably wants to be a starting CB, a #2. I think the Browns want him at nickel, even if it means having him start some next year opposite Haden-- the plan would eventually move him over, IMO. This has been discussed many times, I know, but I still think it is a major factor to whether Skrine stays or goes. I think the perceived role of Skrine (as evidence perhaps of contract money discussed) as a long-term nickel who could sub in outside is where the disconnect is, but I'm just speculating.

I think the K'Wan Williams emergence may also play a role. The kid definitely proved he can play nickel and even had some time outside, IIRC. However, he still has a long way to go.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
The Browns have reportedly made re-signing CB Buster Skrine their top priority, but he’s already found interest from eight NFL teams.

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-notes-free-agents-broncos-browns-giants-jets/

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sounds like Skrine wants out of this mess and who could blame him? He's gone so an already weak team is getting weaker.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U
Sounds like Skrine wants out of this mess and who could blame him? He's gone so an already weak team is getting weaker.

What makes it 'sound like' he wants out?

Tackles are tackles.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

...jc...

With reports that resigning Skrine is a high priority for the Browns front office and with a bunch of cap dollars to spend...if our front office can't resign Skrine, one of our own, we got problems.

Ray Farmer is under the microscope..

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It sounds like Buster wants to make as much money as possible. IMO there is nothing wrong with that seeing every NFL player is 1 play away from having his career ended. I would hate to lose him but it is a business.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
whose microscope? lol I mean seriously. Look he let Ward and DQ walk last year and we brought in Dansby and Whitner. We will offer Buster what we consider a good deal and he may stay or he may go with someone offering a greater deal. He is a #2 here and for other teams he will be a #1 and if they are gonna pay him #1 money, we arent likely to match.

Buster was undervalued in his first 2 seasons and overvalued after this one. He picked the right time to have his big year. He is one of my favorite players but he isnt irreplaceable.

M
Legend
Legend
M

If you want to be simple - Gilbert was a Farmer pick so he's trash (because Farmer is trash and should be fired apparently/possibly - according to some). Same for JM and West and all the other's that Farmer brought in ..... if they were productive it was because of the OC. Gilbert sucked and we are not allowed to hope or expect him to get better. It is that simple according to some people.

I like Skrine - I like him more than PFF likes him but I trust their opinion more than my own. I'd add value on Skrine because he is a pro and 'plays like a Brown' ..... but there is a limit.

What I have never seen out of anyone that is piling on Farmer while saying we gotta keep Skrine - is a number. What's the max value you place on Skrine .... we all know he isn't worth $20 mill a year.... Is he worth $10 Mill? I don't think so. Is he worth $8 Mill? ..... $7 M .. $6 M ... $5 mill I don't think there is a doubt I'd resign him. Above that I's need to know more.

Here's how it works I guess - the haters that want to pile on Farmer regardless of what he does never actually offer a solution. They won't say that Farmer needs to be fired or that Skrine should be signed unless he wants more than $X mill a year. . . . All they do is try and stay within the white safe neutral zone of not saying much (other than the hating) and then after the event they show how clever they were with their hindsight. Just like JM .... it didn't matter that they liked him and thought he was worth the risk last year .... all they want to do now is hate on Farmer for the pick. Yeah it's simple. I never saw anyone talk about beautiful route trees until Shany was goneski... then it was a big deal. Gee I wonder why.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
It sounds like Buster wants to make as much money as possible. IMO there is nothing wrong with that seeing every NFL player is 1 play away from having his career ended. I would hate to lose him but it is a business.

Agree with this and Mourg right after. I'd over pay Skrine for several reasons, but what I consider overpaying, still might not get him signed if someone is offering more. We have a lot of cap space but we have a few needs too. Someone could have less cap space, fewer needs and see CB as the bigger need and assign more $$$$ to their solution.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
whose microscope? lol I mean seriously. Look he let Ward and DQ walk last year and we brought in Dansby and Whitner. We will offer Buster what we consider a good deal and he may stay or he may go with someone offering a greater deal. He is a #2 here and for other teams he will be a #1 and if they are gonna pay him #1 money, we arent likely to match.

Buster was undervalued in his first 2 seasons and overvalued after this one. He picked the right time to have his big year. He is one of my favorite players but he isnt irreplaceable.

?? We need to resign him, There aren't a lot of good #2's in the league. I just don't get the"isn't irreplaceable" part, especially since we have NO ONE currently matching the level of production as he puts out not named Haden.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: mgh888
[quote=bugs]Here's how it works I guess - the haters that want to pile on Farmer regardless of what he does never actually offer a solution. They won't say that Farmer needs to be fired or that Skrine should be signed unless he wants more than $X mill a year. . . . All they do is try and stay within the white safe neutral zone of not saying much (other than the hating) and then after the event they show how clever they were with their hindsight. Just like JM .... it didn't matter that they liked him and thought he was worth the risk last year .... all they want to do now is hate on Farmer for the pick. Yeah it's simple. I never saw anyone talk about beautiful route trees until Shany was goneski... then it was a big deal. Gee I wonder why.

In addition to describing many posters on here, you also just described Tony Grossi.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Just how I feel...

If we let Skrine go...it better because we spent big FA bucks to help shore up other dire needs (WR,OT,OLB,Dline) and I'm totally fine with that...

However if we let Skrine go, and play it ultra conservative and sign low impact guys, and roll over more cap into next year...then I'm going to be pissed...

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
I like Skrine - I like him more than PFF likes him but I trust their opinion more than my own. I'd add value on Skrine because he is a pro and 'plays like a Brown' ..... but there is a limit.

The market determines the value and I would rather see the Browns sign Skrine to show that they do value their own players.

There is also a PR advantage to signing Skrine...

...if Skrine signs somewhere else, the word will be that Cleveland is so screwed up that their own players don't want to return.

...if the Browns pay what is needed to insure Skrine stays, it sends a message that our own players like playing for Pettine and the Browns do value their own players

It might help to send a message to other FA, Cleveland is not such a bad place to be.

Nothing bothers me more than seeing the Browns pay a premium for someone else's player and allowing our own player to get away because we didn't want to pay a premium for him.

Last edited by mac; 03/08/15 01:18 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
[quote=bugs]Here's how it works I guess - the haters that want to pile on Farmer regardless of what he does never actually offer a solution. They won't say that Farmer needs to be fired or that Skrine should be signed unless he wants more than $X mill a year. . . . All they do is try and stay within the white safe neutral zone of not saying much (other than the hating) and then after the event they show how clever they were with their hindsight. Just like JM .... it didn't matter that they liked him and thought he was worth the risk last year .... all they want to do now is hate on Farmer for the pick. Yeah it's simple. I never saw anyone talk about beautiful route trees until Shany was goneski... then it was a big deal. Gee I wonder why.

In addition to describing many posters on here, you also just described Tony Grossi.

The guy is talking about me. He says he has me on ignore, but the majority of his posts are all about making fun of me. It's pathetic.

And he is still using the route tree joke that was funny to a couple once. Not sure why, but it was. notallthere

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

It has not been mentioned he has any intention on resigning. jmo I just don't think he will be back no matter what.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym

?? We need to resign him, There aren't a lot of good #2's in the league. I just don't get the"isn't irreplaceable" part, especially since we have NO ONE currently matching the level of production as he puts out not named Haden.

Because history says that talented players are a dime a dozen here in Cleveland so yeah replacing him will not be a problem.

M
Legend
Legend
M

When it comes to Farmer I'd agree. Tony has a hard on for Farmer.... generally I used to find (and no doubt will when the Farmer deal runs dry) Tony pretty easy to listen to or read - he didn't used to take himself too serious or pretend he had all the answers. He doesn't seem to flip flop a lot. Sure I don't agree with everything he says, and sometimes what he says seems to be for effect but better than most.

Legend
Legend

Skrine seems to be a proven guy. I don't think I let him walk just because I paid big bucks for a 1st rounder that thus far, hasn't panned out. Bird in the hand so to speak.

But also, I don't believe Gilbert is a lost cause either. He still has a tremendous upside and I expect him to pan out.

I wanna keep them both and we have the budget to buy both loaves of bread.. You can never had too man DB's

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
I thought this was an interesting article talking about players teams should avoid. Skrine and Cameron are 40% of the list...
Possible FA busts
Sometimes in free agency, the risk outweighs the reward. For every signing that works out, there are several others that don't, leaving teams with empty pockets and regret.

Here are five potential free-agent busts teams should avoid this offseason:

Buster Skrine, CB, Cleveland Browns
© Provided by theScore
Skrine enjoyed a career year in 2014, recording four interceptions and 67 tackles while starting all 16 games for the Browns. However, he was also penalized 15 times, according to ESPN Stats and Information – the second-highest total in the NFL – and allowed the third-most touchdowns in the league (eight). He's still only 25 years old, but teams may be better off waiting another season before giving Skrine the $6.5 million-per-year contract he's reportedly seeking.

Knowshon Moreno, RB, Miami Dolphins
© Provided by theScore
Moreno has been fighting the "bust" label for years now and his injury history isn't doing him any favors. The Dolphins signed the former first-round pick to be their power tailback following his 1,000-yard campaign in 2013, but he went on to appear in just three games for the team. While Moreno has the potential to be a starter, his inability to stay healthy makes him a risky signing.

Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland Browns
© Provided by theScore
Cameron led all tight ends with four receptions of at least 40 yards last season and averaged a career-best 17.7 yards per catch. However, he also suffered his third documented concussion in less than two years and was limited to 10 games as a result. The Atlanta Falcons, Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers are among the teams that could all use a tight end of Cameron's caliber, but there's no guarantee he'll be healthy and effective moving forward.

Ray Rice, RB
© Provided by theScore
Unlike the three names above him, health has not been an issue for Rice. He also has four 1,000-yard rushing seasons, three Pro Bowl appearances and a Super Bowl championship to his name. But even if teams are willing to look past his off-field issues, there's still the question of whether they're getting the 2013 Ray Rice, who averaged a career-low 3.1 yards per attempt, or the 2009-2012 Ray Rice.

Tyler Polumbus, OT, Washington Redskins
© Provided by theScore
Polumbus started 38 games for the Washington Redskins over the past three seasons and made appearances in four others. With a lack of marquee offensive tackles available on the open market this year, the 6-foot-8, 308 pounder figures to receive some looks, but his struggles as a pass-blocker can't be overlooked. According to Pro Football Focus, Polumbus surrendered a league-high eight sacks at right tackle last season and gave up another 13 quarterback hurries.

#gmstrong.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: mac
Quote:

The market determines the value and I would rather see the Browns sign Skrine to show that they do value their own players.

There is also a PR advantage to signing Skrine...

...if Skrine signs somewhere else, the word will be that Cleveland is so screwed up that their own players don't want to return.

...if the Browns pay what is needed to insure Skrine stays, it sends a message that our own players like playing for Pettine and the Browns do value their own players

It might help to send a message to other FA, Cleveland is not such a bad place to be.

Nothing bothers me more than seeing the Browns pay a premium for someone else's player and allowing our own player to get away because we didn't want to pay a premium for him.
Completely agree

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I see all of this as signs that Skrine doesn't want to be here. And the reasoning as to why is simple. Farmer drafted Gilbert. That sends a direct sign to Skrine IMO.

This organization has plans to replace you. They invested a major draft pick in order to do so. With making such a move, they tipped their hand in showing you that you aren't a piece of the puzzle in their long term plans.

So what would a logical response be to this? Find a team willing to produce a long term contract with the money to show you are a part of the long term plans. With the guaranteed money that goes along with it.

This puts the Browns between a rock and a hard place. You did in fact attempt to upgrade from Skrine by drafting Gilbert. Your ultimate goal in doing so was to upgrade from Skrine. So now you're forced to go against those plans and vastly overpaying for Skrines services or go ahead with your plan.

I can see a serviceable veteran signed as a stopgap measure until Gilbert develops but not in them making the long term, guaranteed type contract that Skrine will command.

I'm not saying I like that outcome, but when looking at it from both sides I can see this as the most likely outcome.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Skrine seems to be a proven guy. I don't think I let him walk just because I paid big bucks for a 1st rounder that thus far, hasn't panned out. Bird in the hand so to speak.

But also, I don't believe Gilbert is a lost cause either. He still has a tremendous upside and I expect him to pan out.

I wanna keep them both and we have the budget to buy both loaves of bread.. You can never had too man DB's

Agreed...and with both being young, if a problem ever arises from a salary standpoint...you can very easily trade one down the line...good young corners are always a hot ticket in the NFL, specially with the passing game being amped as of lately

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He wants his own money phone lol.

P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

I see all of this as signs that Skrine doesn't want to be here. And the reasoning as to why is simple. Farmer drafted Gilbert. That sends a direct sign to Skrine IMO.

This organization has plans to replace you. They invested a major draft pick in order to do so. With making such a move, they tipped their hand in showing you that you aren't a piece of the puzzle in their long term plans.

So what would a logical response be to this? Find a team willing to produce a long term contract with the money to show you are a part of the long term plans. With the guaranteed money that goes along with it.

This puts the Browns between a rock and a hard place. You did in fact attempt to upgrade from Skrine by drafting Gilbert. Your ultimate goal in doing so was to upgrade from Skrine. So now you're forced to go against those plans and vastly overpaying for Skrines services or go ahead with your plan.

I can see a serviceable veteran signed as a stopgap measure until Gilbert develops but not in them making the long term, guaranteed type contract that Skrine will command.

I'm not saying I like that outcome, but when looking at it from both sides I can see this as the most likely outcome.

yea. PLAY LIKE A BROWN and competition at every spot is going right out the window. now its you just have to play the draft picks and the only competition will be old career backups or UDFAs.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't really see it that way. I mean if you were Skrine, and they just invested a 1st round draft pick last year as your eventual replacement, wouldn't you want to go somewhere with a commitment to make you a long term part of their plan?

If you are the Browns who just spent a top 10 draft pick to replace Skrine, would you want to tie up a long term contract with 10's of millions in guaranteed money for a player you're looking to replace?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
I don't really see it that way. I mean if you were Skrine, and they just invested a 1st round draft pick last year as your eventual replacement, wouldn't you want to go somewhere with a commitment to make you a long term part of their plan?

If you are the Browns who just spent a top 10 draft pick to replace Skrine, would you want to tie up a long term contract with 10's of millions in guaranteed money for a player you're looking to replace?

Quote:
‘Play Like A Brown.’ So those guys that come out here and they are passionate, they are competitive, they're relentless, they're accountable, all of those pieces of the puzzle we're looking for, and they're easily demonstrated in their day-to-day work

describes more than one player we are letting walk doesnt it?

R
Legend
Legend
R

Wouldn't the contract they offer Skrine have way more bearing than anything they did last year?

That's what will send the message today.

A
Legend
Legend
A

It's a business. If you're a player, you want to get as much as you can, as soon as you can.

If you're the team, you are constantly looking to replace a player with either: a same caliber player for lesser money, OR a better player for a bit more money.

From the players point, OR from a teams point - it's a fluid situation. ( I think I used that term correctly - if not, suffice it to say I know what I meant. smile )

P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P

Wouldn't the contract they offer Skrine have way more bearing than anything they did last year?

That's what will send the message today.

you think farmer wasnt text and expressing concerns in the film room with the coaching staff because skrine was starting over gilbert? you think maybe skrine heard about it?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Hell, we may end up fined for NOT spending enough this year.

This is not true. At all.

The rest of your post you are also pretty much clueless.

I don't even know why I am responding.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
you think farmer wasnt text and expressing concerns in the film room with the coaching staff because skrine was starting over gilbert? you think maybe skrine heard about it?

rofl rofl Where on earth do you come up with this stuff?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum browns 2015 free agents

Link Copied to Clipboard