Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I'm certainly not sticking up for this FO in any way. But having been on this board for many years, I have heard this same sentiment over and over again going into the FA signing period every year.

There is a contingent on here that desperately wants us to sign one of the marquee free agents... so they can complain about how we overpaid...

I have to admit, I'm underwhelmed to this point in FA..

yebat' Putin
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Technically free agency hasn't even started.

Be patient my friend. The signings will come.

P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
I'm certainly not sticking up for this FO in any way. But having been on this board for many years, I have heard this same sentiment over and over again going into the FA signing period every year.

There is a contingent on here that desperately wants us to sign one of the marquee free agents... so they can complain about how we overpaid...

i think your wrong. people see talent going out and no real talent replacing it.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Quote:

i think your wrong. people see talent going out and no real talent replacing it.

None of our players have "signed" with anyone and we haven't "signed" anyone. So I don't think that is the case.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Link

Hoyer is choosing between the Jets and the Texans. If I were him I'd rather go against Geno Smith in a competition rather than Ryan Mallett.

E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...
1. Skrine told, the public and the Browns that he wishes to remain a Brown long term but that he would test the FA market to find out his worth. Possibly that is what is going on. Many times it will back fire on the Player as teams won't wait for them to test the market they get somebody, ergo McCown sidned as we weren't going to wait around. I haven't seen us sign a CB at this moment.

2. Haslam quite some time ago stated that we were not going to be big players in this FA market. All those who are way smarter than Farmer have seen fit to crucify him if he doesn't do as they think he should... pfft.

3. Hoyer is going to sign with the Texans and compete with the last guy who beat him out in a competition and I believe he was a rookie at that time. So in other words odds are Hoyer will be a back up in Texas.

4. The NFL is livid with all the deals being made when they should not have been. I think all those who have made a deal should lose their first round picks!

5. I think we only went hard for one guy and that was Maclin (I think not even sure of that) Cole has wanted us very hard i we don't sign him its cause we are not interested.

6. Possibly we will let Skrine walk cause we have inside info that Gilbert will make the grade and Williams has shown pretty effective on the inside where we would want Skrine. Just putting that out there. I still think we will talk with Skrine and make him an offer now that he tested the water. He has had a lot of interest but nothing serious as of yet.

jmho. yeah we are doomed by continuing to build through the draft. Nobody wants to play for us. Our money is not good enough. I aint buying. We were 7-9 last season - we have gotten rid of the cancer Shanny. But we are going downward. The Browns are the only team I know of who get a new Regime who has the best record in 7 seasons. And things are in a downward spiral. After we haven't signed anyone BEFORE THE NFL has allotted us to negotiate. Us who are on Probation Dean Wheiner for the text thing.

Oh Pblack actually Farmer was in the film room during the coaches film review on Mondays...he didn't have to text wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
Oh Pblack actually Farmer was in the film room during the coaches film review on Mondays...he didn't have to text

yea. im the one that showed you and mempis that not only was he harrasing the coching staff with text but that he would do it on coach film review day too. knew you couldnt stay away lmao. rofl

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Oh Pblack actually Farmer was in the film room during the coaches film review on Mondays...he didn't have to text

yea. im the one that showed you and mempis that not only was he harrasing the coching staff with text but that he would do it on coach film review day too. knew you couldnt stay away lmao. rofl

You did?? saywhat

"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

Tackles are tackles.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I was banned...

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
happens to all of us lol. I think Hartline is gonna be our only big FA signing. The only concern i have is Gipson. We need a long term deal.

P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:

You did?? saywhat

HAHAHA very good.

Jon Snow is the bastard son

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jon_Snow

really bringing my dead mother into it?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

You did?? saywhat

HAHAHA very good.

Sure. If you want to take it in some sort of literal sense notallthere.

Or you could assume I wanted to use a pop culture reference to suggest you have no clue what you're saying and are making baseless assumptions because you don't like Farmer.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

You did?? saywhat

HAHAHA very good.

Sure. If you want to take it in some sort of literal sense notallthere.

Or you could assume I wanted to use a pop culture reference to suggest you have no clue what you're saying and are making baseless assumptions because you don't like Farmer.

Quote:
no pettine said he was there with the whole coaching staff and when he disagreed with something he would ask questions. now you takee that any way you want but i still say he had no buisness doing that in front of the whole staff.

while farmer has a right to question coaching it should be 1 on 1 with the HC.

Haha. This is completely different from what you said originally. Also, I'd be interested to see what article you referred to. This sounds like the article questioning why Scheiner was in the film room.

Quote:
Quote:
Pettine said Farmer, who's texts included opinions on playcalling and use of personnel, is very involved in evaluating game tape.

"Ray's very open, very honest, very forward,'' said Pettine. "He was part of our Monday night meetings when we did our post-game audit. We call it our 'after-action report.' We get together as coordinators. He sat in on that. When he had a concern he brought it up and those questions were answered.''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/02/mike_pettine_wasnt_thrilled_wi.html

take it anyway you want. i gave you what i think.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/928744/memphisbrownie#Post928744

and then you ran away like a little girl like you always do when you are wrong. PFFT

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am thankful Farmer is there watching film with the coaches. It is really the only way he will know who is missing assignments and what the team really needs.

E
Legend
Legend
E
We signed Hartline? Or is there a lot of talk that we will be. I like him a lot - Upgrade on Austin.
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not yet but everything I have heard says its pretty much done unless the pats can convince him.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

What most concerns me is our apparent lack of effort to the keep the FAs we have exiting...

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
Ran away like a little girl? Really? Are you channeling some other posters on here? That is very grown up of you to say in a debate.

And I believe I answered your posts in that back and forth. The sad thing is you use words like 'harassing' in an attempt paint a picture of guys screaming back and forth at each other. One side of the film room, the FO, the other side the coaches. You have no clue what you are talking about and are fabricating some story out of essentially nothing. Guess who was also in the film rooms asking questions and wondering who/what/how? Banner, Lombardi, Savage, Heckert, Holmgren, etc.....Do you know why?....BECAUSE THAT IS THEIR FREAKING JOB!

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm disappointed that we won't be resigning Skrine, but I think the only player that was a must resign is Gipson. If that doesn't get done, the Browns will have really failed, IMO.

Would have love to see Hoyer resigned, but it is what it is.

Cameron I could go either way on. Tough to be effective when you aren't on the field.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Who said we aren't re-signing Skrine? The last I heard we were still in on him.

Legend
Legend

Yeah, I was going to say that free agency hasn't even officially opened yet. Some players have committed to signing in some places, and made those public, and others have not. Usually these are the stupid expensive signings. (See reported Suh contract details)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
We can rest easy:

Quote:
#Browns tendered qualifying offers to RFAs: FS Tashaun Gipson, DB Johnson Bademosi, DL Ishmaa’ily Kitchen and LB Craig Robertson

Ulrich

P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
That is very grown up of you to say in a debate.

pfft you called me a bastard and your trying to say grown up debate?

you said i was mistaken and it was the team president and i showed you were wrong and you ran away like a little girl. some debate. pfft

Legend
Legend
We can rest easy:

Quote:
#Browns tendered qualifying offers to RFAs: FS Tashaun Gipson, DB Johnson Bademosi, DL Ishmaa’ily Kitchen and LB Craig Robertson

Ulrich

No surprise there. We have no reason to let any of those guys test the market elsewhere without compensation.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

you said i was mistaken and it was the team president and i showed you were wrong and you ran away like a little girl. some debate. pfft

Don't little boys also run away from things?

D
Legend
Legend
D
We can rest easy:

Quote:

Ulrich

I like and want all those players back. Bademosi is a core special teamer and can play corner and safety so he's flexible. The rest of those players are common sense to bring back. Robertson night and day difference in this scheme than he was with Horton.

JMO

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I did not call you a bastard, good god. notallthere

I used a pop culture reference to tell you that you know nothing about what you are talking about. If you understand that line from the books, which you clearly do not, you would understand that line was used frequently to him. Something, I'm sure you hear often, just worded differently.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
We can rest easy:

Quote:

Ulrich

I would have tendered these guys too but I would have added Skrine to the list ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
Legend
Legend
M
We can rest easy:

Quote:

Ulrich

Anyone know of the varying levels?

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Who said we aren't re-signing Skrine? The last I heard we were still in on him.

I am being presumptuous.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Skrine is an unrestricted free agent. The only tenders he would be able to have are the franchise tag or the transition tag.

C
Legend
Legend
C
We can rest easy:

Quote:

Ulrich

We don't know yet. My guess is that we know soon.

Legend
Legend

Jeremy Fowler ‏@JFowlerESPN

Tashaun Gipson received a second-round tender ($2.356 M)

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/575020849188708352

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
We can rest easy:

Quote:

Ulrich

Gibson, second round tender

Robertson, second round tender

Last edited by cfrs15; 03/09/15 03:51 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can not believe we didnt give him a first round tender. Thats just stupid even if no one signs him. In this draft i would easily give up a first for him.

Legend
Legend

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot

#browns placed a 2nd round tender on LB Craig Robertson, source says

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/575020221259456513

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
We can rest easy:

Quote:

Ulrich

This is the best news I've seen all week!

thumbsup

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
I can not believe we didnt give him a first round tender. Thats just stupid even if no one signs him. In this draft i would easily give up a first for him.

We can still match any offer. I don't see any way Gipson is not on the team next year.

Last edited by cfrs15; 03/09/15 03:58 PM. Reason: "P" not "B"
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym

We can still match any offer. I don't see any way Gibson is not on the team next year.

Gipson sent a strange tweet with some weird non-smiley smiley faces ... perhaps he wasn't happy with that tender.

Legend
Legend
We can rest easy:

Quote:

Ulrich

was wondering the same. All were UDFA (as most [all?] RFAs are nowadays) so the only options are 1st round, 2nd round, or no (original round) compensation. I hope it was 1, 2, 2, 2.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum browns 2015 free agents

Link Copied to Clipboard