Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
L
Legend
Legend
L
Blatt has me baffled with his lineups. Totally went away from what got us the lead. Just because they go small don't mean you have to. make them change to match you.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Originally Posted By: candyman92
This was one of the worst games I've ever seen Lebron play. Just a awful all around game. Kyrie and Love didn't do much either.

one of the things I hoped lebron learned as he matured was knowing when he's hurting the team and keeps forcing it. He just keeps doing it. I've watched him stand there and make no attempt to go after a loose ball by him..maddening

He got took to school tonight. He needs to watch the game tape from tonight. Turnovers can be fixed. Refs change every game. However his poor effort killed us.

Jr defended his azz off tonight.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
I've been surprised by Jr's defense. He's pretty tenacious

Showed a lot of heart tonight

Legend
Legend
Kyrie camped and shot jumpers. LBJ felt like passing to everyone except his own team. Love was a no show and got dominated on defense.

Legend
Legend
Kind of embarrassing, from what I have read. We got back to even later in the game, and then let it slip away again? It seems like the Hawks were composed and steady, and the Cavaliers looked like a team that had no idea what they were doing.

There is, however, a reason that the Hawks have the best record in the NBA.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Kind of embarrassing, from what I have read. We got back to even later in the game, and then let it slip away again? It seems like the Hawks were composed and steady, and the Cavaliers looked like a team that had no idea what they were doing.

There is, however, a reason that the Hawks have the best record in the NBA.

If our 3 best players play like they did tonight in the playoffs, we're gonna struggle to get out of the 1st round. I'm just gonna chalk this up as a bad game against a great team.

I love how Jr Smith played tonight and that's about it.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah watching last night and I think the only way we make it out of the east is if someone else beats atlanta for us. I'd take everyone of their players over ours Sans lebron. Ferry needs to be gm of year...not griffin. We are soft.. We got back in it and took a lead playing our normal defensive minded ball movement game...then Blatt decided to get cute and use a small lineup, something he's never done all year and we got thumped...no excuse for that...Thats when his assistants who are former nba HC need to tell him to just go with what works.

I really really hate lebron playing PG...he's a horrible ball handler, he makes delli look like Isiah Thomas. He needs to let the PG's run the offense and pass out of the flow of the offense, not bring the ball down, dribble for 15 seconds then try to set the play up...hate that..pure hate.

Love needs to play the same way he played in MN, and blatt needs to recognize we need him to play inside out..not play a stretch 4 game...thats not his game..He's a plus level post player with a 3 point shot.

Thompson has no idea how to play the 5 on defense...when he's in against a good PG, i just know what's going to happen. Teague abused kyrie and noone could defend the rim.. We haven't played Perk in 3 games...no idea why. And shroeder (who looks like a gremlin) just took delli to the shed.. Its why I would have loved to go after Will Bynum...he'd be a 1million x upgrade to delli. Delli looks like he's doing something because he flies around...but in actuality he don't do anything..he's constantly backpedaling. We have to find a way to minimize the effect of his zero talent.

This game was alot more of a litmus test than playing a Lowryless toronto team and we didn't respond well at all. Blatt needs to figure this out fast...his use of bigs is horrible. You trade 2 first for a guy and he don't get starter minutes or even play at the end to close out games...that don't necessarily promote confidence. We have to have a post game in the playoffs..we need to figure out how to manufacture one quick.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
A reporter asked Lebron about his turnovers. His response-

"I suck."

Legend
Legend
Looks like tonight is "Get rid of your frustrations" night for the Cavaliers.

80-52 at the start of the 4th quarter.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
And now the lead is down to 18. crazy

Legend
Legend
Kinda wonder how much facing the Cavs took energy out of the Hawks for tonight.

Legend
Legend
They sat three starters, but it makes sense too. Most of our losses since mid-January were the second end of a back-to-back after a big win.

Legend
Legend
Toronto has fallen off a cliff.

Legend
Legend
4 players over 20 points tonight so far ... and Mozgov is sitting at 17. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
*Yawn* Another day, another 33 point win ...... wink lol

Man, what a win for the Cavaliers. Dallas is not a pushover at home. They entered this game at 21-10 at home. They got run out of their own building today though.

Cavaliers now alone in 2nd with a 1.5 game lead over the Bulls, and a 2 game lead over the Wiz.

Man, imagine where we'd be if we hadn't lost so many games when Lebron needed 2 weeks off with his injury.

Legend
Legend
Lebron is going sans-headband now. Not sure why though. Maybe he feels like he can blend in with the rest of the Cavs and get a couple of calls to go his way?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Dallas is going to get smoked in the first round no matter who they play. Right now they would play Memphis, but they could even drop down to the 8th seed which would get them the Warriors. Ouch. I kind of hope they collapse altogether and we get Anthony Davis in the playoffs.

Dirk looks done and the Rondo trade has been really bad.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Lebron is going sans-headband now. Not sure why though. Maybe he feels like he can blend in with the rest of the Cavs and get a couple of calls to go his way?

This was the only game I remember him without a headband

Damn Tony Parker was incredible.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Dallas is going to get smoked in the first round no matter who they play. Right now they would play Memphis, but they could even drop down to the 8th seed which would get them the Warriors. Ouch. I kind of hope they collapse altogether and we get Anthony Davis in the playoffs.

Spurs are starting to get healthy and are playing better which is scary.

C
Legend
Legend
C

They are the sleeping giant. As always. Right now they would play Houston, who they would probably beat.

The West playoffs have lost some of their luster ever since Wes Matthews went down.

Legend
Legend

Spurs are like the Patriots... in week 4 last year people said the Patriots were done. But when a team has been that good for that long, I'll believe they are done when they aren't there at the end of the season, not in the beginning or the middle.

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D
LBJ with no headband now is confusing to me lol. Another great win last night! Taking care of business!!!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
LBJ with no headband now is confusing to me lol. Another great win last night! Taking care of business!!!

If Kyrie takes the sleeve off, I won't know who is who out there. tongue

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

If Kyrie takes the sleeve off, I won't know who is who out there. tongue

They should all shave their heads and wear a sleeve on the shooting arm. grin

I wonder if that's what Lebron is thinking. Without the headband, it's hard to pickup where he is. Before he had that big white circle around him like he was a highlighted player in a PS3 NBA game. Now you don't realize it's him until he gets the ball and blows by a defender.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Without the headband, it's hard to pickup where he is. Before he had that big white circle around him

That was a headband? Crap, I thought it was a halo. poke

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
J/C ...

Something to make us feel a little better about our starting lineup:

Legend
Legend

I saw a Cavs highlight the other day on SportsCenter..

I was like daaamn who's that with the massive dunk..

Oh.. it's LeBron..

It looks really weird, and not just because the hair plugs are more noticeable..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
He should embrace the hair loss and shave it. Of course, everyone would accuse him of copying MJ then.

And yes, I was watching the Mavs/Cavs game, and I'd lose where he was. "damn, sick pass TT! Oh, that was Lebron."

I guess he's sticking with it for now.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
I mean, NBA 2K15 just did a roster update with him sans headband..

He's stuck with it now..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
He's 30 years old. He doesn't need to wear a headband while playing basketball anymore. A receding hairline looks fine on a man. Going bald is fine too. It seems like everybody wants the Paul George hairline but personally I think it just looks goofy.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have a receding hairline.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: hasugopher
He's 30 years old. He doesn't need to wear a headband while playing basketball anymore. A receding hairline looks fine on a man. Going bald is fine too. It seems like everybody wants the Paul George hairline but personally I think it just looks goofy.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have a receding hairline.

I'm 28 and I have to shave my head already..

I can't afford nice hair plugs like the King..

D
Legend
Legend
D
Thankfully I started to buzz my hair before it began to recede! Power to the balding people! rofl

Legend
Legend
I recently tried to grow it out, I wanted to get a fade..

Then I noticed the sides were growing much faster than the top..

Then I looked in the mirror.. And I could see the outline of my head.. through my hair..

Buzzed. Razor'd. And I just got a fancy new electric shaver to keep it nice and smooth..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Almost 50, full head of hair, almost no gray. tongue

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Thankfully I started to buzz my hair before it began to recede! Power to the balding people! rofl

Yup.

About 10 years ago I started using the #2 attachment, then a #1, and now I'm rocking a tight #0.

I don't think my hairline has changed, it's just a lot thinner than before.

Be proud, rock what you have. Of course, that easy for me to say, I'm already married and 42. tongue

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm 29 and it is still thick on the top, sides, and even back. It's just the corners/sides that are going further back. As long as I keep my hair short it still looks pretty damn good (if I do say so myself.)

I actually stopped going to the barber. I just do 3 on top, 2 on the sides, 1 on the edges right before it starts looking sloppy although I've been doing 4/3/2 while it has been cold out. Saves 20 bucks every three weeks.

Legend
Legend
I started that for a while too...using different numbers for a faded look, but I got lazy and just went all one length everywhere.

I feel I'm more aerodynamic now too. I can run faster, swim faster, eat a burrito faster, type faster, and even fall asleep faster. smile

[Linked Image]

D
Legend
Legend
D
I use the #1 shoe for my clippers. I'd like to use the bare (shoeless), but they cut my scalp to ribbons - hurts like hell. Anybody know of a professional grade clipper that won't cut me with no shoe on it? I'm using a fairly cheap Braun clipper.

Legend
Legend
I can use mine without an attachment and have the lever set to the closest and it's fine on my skin (though I have caught my ear a few times).

Maybe find one that has a lever so you can cut a "long 0" to give you some extra room.

I bought mine 15 years ago. It's a loud, wired Braun. Check Amazon, there are tons of wireless head/beard clippers out there.

[Linked Image]

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Since this is a basketball thread, here's a question: Is short hair always better for basketball players? Long hair is less common than in other sports but there are still players who rock it. Since all games are played indoors and players need to cool down and rehydrate, if players are really seeking out all advantages, they should go with short hair.

Ditto with the headband. I know it's not much but it's still a needless piece of clothing on his head. Anyone remember the cramps/heat game vs the Spurs where he was carried off the floor, headband and all?

(Yes I know I'm reaching a little bit here. Consider it a half-hearted attempt to merge the hair talk with something semi basketball-related.)

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA/Cavs Discussion III

Link Copied to Clipboard