Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Legend
Legend
Not sure I'm going to get sleep tonight ... What a game!

Legend
Legend
Kinda makes you miss the good ol days of Samardo, Eyenga, Harangody and Joey Graham

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
Kyrie playing the way he did had to make Lebron feel confident. He knows he can trust Kyrie in crunch time.

P
Legend
Legend
P
great game, I turned over after the Buckeyes won and enjoyed every minute thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Kyrie playing the way he did had to make Lebron feel confident. He knows he can trust Kyrie in crunch time.
Yeah, because he doesn't trust himself. People try to put Lebron in the same breath as Jordan, while Lebron continues to be a decoy when his team needs a buzzer beater, just like in Miami

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Irving just ridiculous. Just flat out ridiculous. The shots he was throwing down in OT I mean, wow! What else can you say about that? Very entertaining game!!! Suspense was on edge throughout the entire game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Wow, I can't believe the Cavs won last night! I watched bits and pieces of it and turned it off when Danny Green hit the corner three in the 4th Q that put the Spurs up by 9 or so.

I love Kawhi's game. He is just so well-rounded, so coachable, and makes LBJ work so hard to get even contested shots. That was something great to watch in the Finals, not so great to watch last night but that guy does not get nearly enough credit for being a great player.

Legend
Legend
I just love that we have 3 guys who can get the "tough as hell baskets" if we need them to.

That's talent.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I just love that we have 3 guys who can get the "tough as hell baskets" if we need them to.

That's talent.

Yeah LeBron and Irving are playing great and J.R. Smith has really stepped up his game since coming here from the Knicks.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: hasugopher
J.R. Smith has really stepped up his game since coming here from the Knicks.

In what way?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

In what way?

Defensively, in one way.

He has also been a great teammate since joining the Cavaliers.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
It was a great game but it highlighted the Cavs biggest problem. The Spurs played a solid but not great game, the Cavs as a team played a solid but not great game... and it took an epic performance by Kyrie just to force OT... Kyrie would make a tremendously tough contested shot and the Spurs would go down and move the ball around and get a layup.... If we're honest with ourselves, what the Spurs did is far more sustainable and they will win that game 9 out of 10 times. Which is going to be the Cavs problem once the playoffs start, you can't count on epic individual performances to win playoff games.... at least not 4 out of 7. I think they can win the first couple series they will have on talent alone, but after that, if they can't play a little more team ball and get some easier looks, it's going to be tough.

I still think this team relies way too much on individual talent, beating a man one on one, and shooting contested 3s..

yebat' Putin
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

In what way?

Defensively, in one way.

So now he's only horrible, instead of atrocious.

I think he is better than he was on the Knicks, but not by much.

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
It was a great game but it highlighted the Cavs biggest problem. The Spurs played a solid but not great game, the Cavs as a team played a solid but not great game... and it took an epic performance by Kyrie just to force OT... Kyrie would make a tremendously tough contested shot and the Spurs would go down and move the ball around and get a layup.... If we're honest with ourselves, what the Spurs did is far more sustainable and they will win that game 9 out of 10 times. Which is going to be the Cavs problem once the playoffs start, you can't count on epic individual performances to win playoff games.... at least not 4 out of 7. I think they can win the first couple series they will have on talent alone, but after that, if they can't play a little more team ball and get some easier looks, it's going to be tough.

I still think this team relies way too much on individual talent, beating a man one on one, and shooting contested 3s..

To be fair, the Cavs have still really only been together (in their present form) for about 2 and a half months. They will move the ball around, but when it gets to crunch-time, they fall into the comfort of going ISO ... frankly, because they have two of the best ISO players in the game. I'm a little more concerned about them giving up open looks on defense. Hopefully they will continue to improve on both facets as the season goes on.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Kyrie is my favorite player. I went to bed thinking they wouldn't win. Wish I had stayed up.

No Craps Given
R
Legend
Legend
R
LeBron is a huge problem right now. Too much ISO dribbling and trying to play one on one ball.

He's supposed to be setting an example. I guess he is, but the wrong one.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

In what way?

It was meant more as a joke than as a sincere basketball analysis.

warning: am going to make my already lame joke even less funny by explaining it

Candy made a comment about having three players who can get tough as hell baskets in an obvious reference to Lebron, Irving, and Love.

I agree with the first two being able to get tough as hell baskets but as I mostly see Love being used as a stretch four who gets many uncontested shots due to playing with James and Irving and being part of nonarchaic offensive system, I don't really see Love getting many tough looks.

J.R. Smith is obviously not at the level of any of those three players but he does create and hit some tough shots (it would obviously be ideal if he missed less shots as well but I don't think he has been terrible.)

Last edited by hasugopher; 03/13/15 07:35 PM.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Watching Tony Parker try to check Kyrie Irving last night was downright laughable.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Watching Tony Parker try to check Kyrie Irving last night was downright laughable.

It was a bit laughable the other way as well.

Bottom line, it was two great players going at each other and getting theirs. Sometimes that's just the way it goes.

I am more happy than anything that Kyrie kept coming back at him and took the challenge personally. Didn't back down at all. Didn't hang his head when Parker was schooling him.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

In what way?

Defensively, in one way.

So now he's only horrible, instead of atrocious.

I think he is better than he was on the Knicks, but not by much.

In what way do you think that he is "atrocious"?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Defensively with the Knicks J.R. Smith was atrocious. He didn't even try and is not good defensive player to start out with. Now he at least tries, but is still not good.

Smith is the same player, he is just surrounded by players who can cover up his mistakes/not let him shoot the ball.

Legend
Legend
Smith has often been the best, or 2nd best defender on the court for the Cavaliers.

He has improved in steals, turnovers, points scored, and rebounds since joining the Cavaliers from the Knicks.

Smith is actually 1st in steals/game with the Cavaliers, by a large margin. He is playing his butt off on defense. He gets after his man, and even plays solid help defense. He has bought completely in to the defensive concepts and is a huge reason why our defense has improved so much since he, Mozgov, and Shumpert joined the team in those 2 amazing trades.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I agree that he is trying hard. That doesn't mean he is good.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Could be worse... we could have Larry playing at the 2... ;P

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I agree that he is trying hard. That doesn't mean he is good.

good enough that our team completely changed for the better when him and Mosgov came.

That's all that matters.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I like Jr Smith and appreciate what he's given us, but damn. Could you imagine a guy like Kyle Korver just camping at the 3 point line? Kyrie and Lebron attacking the rim would be giving Korver basically layups at the 3 point line. Not trying to disrespect Milsap and Teague, but Lebron and Kyrie are different beasts.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I like Jr Smith and appreciate what he's given us, but damn. Could you imagine a guy like Kyle Korver just camping at the 3 point line? Kyrie and Lebron attacking the rim would be giving Korver basically layups at the 3 point line. Not trying to disrespect Milsap and Teague, but Lebron and Kyrie are different beasts.

That's very similar to what the Heat ran with Lebron and Wade. Surround yourself with shooters. Allen, Posey, Jones, Miller, etc...

I think that's probably why Love has been around the perimeter so much. Hard for LBJ and KI to do damage when Mozgov + defender and Love + defender are clogging the lane.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Another great Cavs W today. Kyrie's streak of 3 pointers hit 11 (from Thursday night) he finally missed about halfway through.

I'm just so impressed with how he's carried himself. He knew he was scorching hot, but he didn't press the issue. No heat checks, no ridiculous shots 2 seconds after crossing half court. He shot his threes when it was the right play. He never stops doing what he does best, and what seems to be better than anyone else, and that's driving the lane.

Legend
Legend
Love got today off to rest his cranky back, and the team didn't miss a beat. I hope that we can find rest for him during the rest of the season, so that he can be as close to 100% for the playoffs as possible.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Rough first quarter, but thereafter we were playing good ball. Delabadova(sp) is getting comfortable launching that three ball as of late. Good win!

Legend
Legend
Shot almost 60% and 51% from 3.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Kyrie's streak of 3 pointers hit 11 (from Thursday night) he finally missed about halfway through.

And that was a bad shot. Should have never been taken, too early in the shot clock for a well contested off-balance 3 point attempt.

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D
Looking like LBJ did indeed injure himself, or is very sore, when he hurt himself yesterday. His knee did indeed get underneath him when falling.

Hopefully it's nothing serious and really would like to see the King in tonight's lineup against his old team.

Legend
Legend
Miami is shooting a bunch of midrange jumpers. You can't ask for anything better than that. They're making them, but you definitely live with it.

D
Legend
Legend
D
If Double T keeps hitting those jumpers, it'll be a good night for him!!!!!!!

Legend
Legend
EEWWWWWW that mosgov dunk!!!!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Swish
EEWWWWWW that mosgov dunk!!!!!

Freaking sick! Count the and one to boot! THROWING THE HAMMER DOWN!

Legend
Legend
Heat are outshooting us 61% to 37% and we're only down 5. Yeah, we're fine.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA/Cavs Discussion III

Link Copied to Clipboard