Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
B
Well everyone, i'm going to try...lol...to stay away from this board for awhile.

I just retired on a disability from the fire department after 23 years of service. I need to do something a little less strenuous. They recommended that I get a desk job, and i'm not the desk job type. So its a total career change for me.

One thing I have always loved is computer programming. I applied, and was accepted into a school in Denver for Full stack Ruby on rails development. I'm leaving for Denver on Monday.

The class is 7 months long so i'm going to attempt to stay away from getting sucked into reading this board all day and concentrate on learning.

I don't know if any of you know the Denver area, i'll be living downtown, and parking is insane.

If any of you know anyone, or can recommend a safe place to park my car, I would appreciate it. Cheapest I can see is 130/month at the convention center. I would think it would be less out a bit, but don't know the area.

I may flip off horse-face if I see him, and I believe I found a Browns backers bar, so i'll survive. Other than that I can't afford to get sucked into a bunch of threads...lol.

Actually thought of asking purp to ban me. smile

elf
Rick

Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
Legend
Legend
Holy crap, this is awesome! Glad to hear that you decided to go. You've been wanting to break into programming for so long man, you really need to just jump in and get into it like you're doing. I know that I royally suck at returning phone calls, but I'm glad to hear that you've decided to make the go if this!! Great news smile

Normally, I would say that there is no way I would ban upon request (just like I will never delete an account on request) because I feel if you don't want to be here, then just don't be here.... BUT, if you want me to do it, or if you get to the point where you're creepin' here too often and you need the help staying away to ficus, just give a shout, bro.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Best of luck Brownie, and thanks for your service as a firefighter / paramedic. Check in every now and then, eh?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There are several programmers on the board like myself so when you're back if you have any questions just PM me and i can get you my skype/etc

Best of luck!

#gmstrong
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Good luck to you and hope for successfull career transition. It's possible done career change myself. Oh,if you need I have a drill and bit with Ipana tooth paste for Bucky Beaver.

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Good luck! I always welcome another developer to the world!

You'll get use to the desk job. Probably won't grow to like it, but you'll adapt.

B
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
B
Thanks everyone I appreciate it.

Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
1st String
1st String
I live south of Denver about an hour or so. If you have any questions or need help with anything, don't hesitate to let me know.

Legend
Legend
Good luck bud.

That really is quite a career change. I'm sure you'll do well though. laugh

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Have fun bro we will keep you in our hearts and our prayers

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:
I applied, and was accepted into a school in Denver for Full stack Ruby on rails development.

Learn to evaluate professional level football talent and come to Berea, then we'll talk.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Sounds very exciting Brownie.

Bets of luck!

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Good luck, enjoy Denver. It's beautiful out there. Hit up the Wynkoop brewery in the LoDo district (across from Union Station).

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Hopefully goodbye for awhile.

Link Copied to Clipboard