Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Legend
Legend
Birdman is mugging the hell out of us

Legend
Legend
The officiating in this game is incredible. There's no way to come back against the Heat if they're allowed to hack you every play.

Legend
Legend
man anything wade throws up is falling.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Heat are outshooting us 61% to 37% and we're only down 5. Yeah, we're fine.

I'd say we are anything but right now.. No energy, no ball movement, stupid shot selection, and we can't protect the rim.. I really don't like Mosgov, if he was on any other team he'd be a nobody..you put a guy like whiteside on the cavs and oh man.. Didn't like the trade then and don't like it now. I think we got desperate. Shump and JR was an amazing trade and has worked great though.

I don't know why Jones gets so much PT...he's about as streaky as they come. I much rather see harris in. Lebron needs to realize he's not 18 anymore and can't take ANYONE off the dribble..his shot selection and floor game has not been at the level he normally plays. I think he needs another 3-4 games off after love comes back, maybe more. At this point we are in the playoffs, I'd lose the rest if we still got in and it meant getting ample rest. To be honest, I think if we have to go through indiana, we might not get out of first round anyways, especially with george coming back

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Kyrie has gotta learn to fight through cheap shots from Chalmers. He's getting frustrated. Lebron just needs to rest, he looks exhausted.

D
Legend
Legend
D
We are getting dusted...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
it happens...

Can't be 100% every night.

Legend
Legend
Miami is playing out of their minds. Just tip your hat and move on. We can't shoot and Miami can't miss.

Legend
Legend
It's the 4th game of a 4 game road trip ... we look tired, Kevin Love is out and we're not getting his rebounding help, we're not getting any help from the officials and Dwayne Wade is getting everything to fall. It's just one of those nights.

I was going to post, "Expect lead to show up letting us know how much we really suck", but it looks like he beat me to it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I was going to post, "Expect lead to show up letting us know how much we really suck", but it looks like he beat me to it.

Classic.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
It's the 4th game of a 4 game road trip ... we look tired, Kevin Love is out and we're not getting his rebounding help, we're not getting any help from the officials and Dwayne Wade is getting everything to fall. It's just one of those nights.

Honest to God though about doing the same

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You don't like Mosgov, huh....who knew...

So what are your thoughts on Dellavedova?

Legend
Legend
Hey Adam Silver, get rid of road back-to-backs.

I normally bash a coach for sitting their starters, but Blatt should have sat Lebron and Kyrie.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Wade played like his 2007 form. Really bad performance by the Cavs, but they look exhausted. So glad there are no back to backs in the playoffs.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Wade played like his 2007 form. Really bad performance by the Cavs, but they look exhausted. So glad there are no back to backs in the playoffs.

Miami played like it was their Finals (Revenge game) ... The Cavs played like it was their 4th game of a 7 day road trip with a back to back. It showed. Love was injured, Lebron was even injured (but he wasn't going to sit this one out). Irving had an off-night. Wade was playing like he had new knees again. The Refs weren't giving us any calls. It was just one of those nights. I'll live with it and move on.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Gotta give it to Miami, they were just playing lights out and everything pretty much was basically just going their way. I stopped watching early in the 4th,couldn't take the punishment.

They dipped us like chicken nuggets.

Legend
Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we now have more home games than road games left this rest of the way out?Yep, 8 at home and 5 on the road.

Also ... if I'm not wrong ...... weren't 4 of our last 5 losses the 2nd half of a back to back? Yep, sure were. The other loss since January was to Atlanta. We only have one back to back left on the schedule for this year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I've said this before..

But the NBA could keep the overall calendar length of the schedule, and just get rid of back to backs, dropping about 12 games, to 70..

The product they put out, which is already great, would be even better, long term..

But due to loss in revenue from tickets and TV games.. I doubt it ever happens..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we now have more home games than road games left this rest of the way out?Yep, 8 at home and 5 on the road.

Also ... if I'm not wrong ...... weren't 4 of our last 5 losses the 2nd half of a back to back? Yep, sure were. The other loss since January was to Atlanta. We only have one back to back left on the schedule for this year.

4 of our 6 losses since Jan 15th were road-trip, 2nd-game of a back-to-back. The other two losses were a road trip loss to Houston in OT and a road trip loss to Atlanta, which was actually the first game of a back to back.

Legend
Legend
I also checked further, and .....

Kevin Love missed the games on 2/12 against Chicago, and yesterday's game. (both losses) Lebron missed the loss to the Pacers on 2/27.

Atlanta was a game we just lost. 1st game of a back to back isn't as important to me, because we didn't have worn down legs or anything in that game.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I've said this before..

But the NBA could keep the overall calendar length of the schedule, and just get rid of back to backs, dropping about 12 games, to 70..

The product they put out, which is already great, would be even better, long term..

But due to loss in revenue from tickets and TV games.. I doubt it ever happens..

I don't understand the need for so many preseason games. Can't they just do the 1 in CBus and then start the year two weeks early which should eliminate the 4/5 stretch that kills teams.

Last night was ugly. Settling for jumpers instead of getting good looks via good defense and ball movement. Miami also played that game like it was game 7 of the finals. Great. Good for them.

Legend
Legend
No Love put us at a huge disadvantage on the boards, and the Heat could leave Thompson alone to double down on others. They would never do that against Love.

As nice a piece as Thompson is as a backup, last night really showed why he is a better backup than starter. He has limited range, and is better playing as an energy off the bench kind of guy.

Legend
Legend
Does anyone know if its possible to listen to the Cavs radio online?

I tried IHeartRadio but it just gives me a Triv show on WTAM or Sports Talk crap..

I'd rather listen to it online, while doing other stuff (play xbox) than have it on TV..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
I've said this before..

There was talk about reducing the season length, but like you said, I doubt that ever happens.

I'm just sick of the back-to-backs. Heck, the Cavs just played back-to-backs that were on the road! Come on.

This is where I'd like all the coaches to sit their starters on the 2nd game. FORCE Adam Silver to do something.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
S
Legend
Legend
S
Does anyone know if its possible to listen to the Cavs radio online?

I tried IHeartRadio but it just gives me a Triv show on WTAM or Sports Talk crap..

I'd rather listen to it online, while doing other stuff (play xbox) than have it on TV..

I don't think there is. I don't think NBA Broadband offers a service much like MLB does with audio for 20$ a year...

NBA Broadband as a whole has been a joke for years. There's a great Deadspin article about how the league just ignores it.

I don't get that. The NBA is such a beast, that if they could adopt what MLB does with MLB.tv or even what the NHL has with Gamecenter, their numbers would only grow. Instead it's ignored. I'm hoping Adam Silver comes around on it.

It also makes no sense that David Stern openly said he loves that the league is so available on Youtube. Game recaps, single play replays, fan made "mix" type videos, anything. He was on a Bill Simmons podcast some years ago and said they wouldn't chase anyone for copyright infringments and make them take the video down (much like the big bad nfl does) yet he never wanted to improve the coverage of the league live.

one thing I have learned this year is that whenever the cavs are on TNT or ABC?/ESPN, you can stream the game online via TNT's website or espn3.com. That will come in handy during the playoffs when those are the only two networks carrying the game. I believe the blackout rule cannot apply for locals either once the national networks get involved.

D
Legend
Legend
D
GO CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully Love with the rest has a great game! The Nets will be very hungry for a victory to keep their playoffs chances alive!

D
Legend
Legend
D
This game is insane. Mosgov has slammed the ball a million times. JR in the zone, heck everyone is in the zone.

Lots of unselfish play too, this game is just entertaining!

Legend
Legend
They looked a little slow to start out..

But once they got in rhythm Brooklyn didn't stand a chance..

Can't wait to hear about how terrible Mosgov and Dellevadova are though..

Legend
Legend
Cavs will destroy Indiana Friday

D
Legend
Legend
D
Great win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seven double digit scorers. WHEW WE!

nanner

Legend
Legend
Uggh ... These national "Kevin Love is leaving" story drive me nuts. It's like the media can never come with anything original, so the just jump back to the same old <INSERT GOOD CLEVELAND PLAYER WHO'S CONTRACT IS UP> and say how they are definitely leaving to go join the amazing franchises in New York and LA. rolleyes

But yeah, let's look at all the great reasons Love would want to leave!

1) He hates the team. Because, uh ... well he never really said that. In fact, he said he was basically planning on staying long term. But yeah, his body language, or something?

2) He hates Lebron hogging the ball all the time. Of course! He must hate that! So logically, he must want to go play ball with Carmello or Kobe, because they have been such historically good setup men for their teammates.

3) He wants to be the MAN. Because, you know ... he practically begged Minnesota to trade him when he was the MAN there for years. Maybe he only wanted to whet his appetite for some winning basketball before going back to be a man on a non-playoff team again?

4) Because he wants a MAX contract ... Oh, except that Cleveland has his Bird rights, and can actually pay him a lot more than all those other teams could.

5) Because he wants to play on a HISTORIC franchise like the Lakers and Knicks. You know, because they've been so historically TERRIBLE this past year and teaming up with a 37 year old Kobe or a Carmelo Anthony that couldn't even get his team anywhere near the playoffs despite playing the first part of the season, is really going to get Love places!

6) Because he wants to move HOME, just like Lebron ... Well, except that Love spent the majority of his formative years growing up in Oregon, not LA. So I guess if the Trail Blazers want to clear a bunch of cap space, there's a chance for that ...

C
Legend
Legend
C
You forgot the one where the coach is horribly misusing him.

Legend
Legend
Because he's averaging only 2 points less and 1 rebound less than his usual career average ... despite playing with two other all-stars and winning more games by March than he ever did in Minnesota?

Yeah, he'll want to play in the triangle instead.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think the real threat is going to be Boston. The Lakers are looming also.

If I were Love I would just use my player option and play out the 2015/16 season and then make my decision once I knew what everyone else was doing.

Also, if Duncan retires, Love would look very nice with the Spurs.

Legend
Legend
I think he's definitely opting into the 15/16 season. He would be stupid not to. The cap is going to blow up after that season, and he's going to get a much larger deal than anything he could sign if he became a free agent this off-season.

In 15/16 the cap is going up so much that technically any team could probably sign him to a max, so things might be much more up in the air then.

But I just hate hearing about how Love is definitely coming to the Lakers after this season because he has such strong "home" ties to a place he only lived in for one year of college ball and because playing with a 37 year old Kobe is going to be such an "improvement" over playing with Lebron and Kyrie.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he opts in. I think he will opt out and, if he's smart, sign a one year deal with a player option with the team of his choice (like LeBron did). The big money is coming.

Love does live in L.A. during the off-season.

Legend
Legend
Kyrie looks really bad in this game. Lebron's not doing anything. Kevin Love has been quiet too.

Legend
Legend
what a game!!! 1 sec left!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Jr Smith hustles his butt off every game. Just a shame he wasn't this way his entire career.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
what a game!!! 1 sec left!!

Pacers treated this like a playoff elimination game.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA/Cavs Discussion III

Link Copied to Clipboard