Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Yeah, I plan to pull the GameStop, Buy pre-owned and beat in less than a week (for a full refund), then return move.

Essentially the free rental.

Dude, this is sheer brilliance. Unreal I hadn't thought of doing that.

Hands off to you, sir. thumbsup

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Alien isolation. ..
Damn scary

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I've exhausted all my GTAV time. I'm waiting on something good for PS4. Uncharted, The Last of Us, Alien, and all the FPS (CoD/Destiny/etc.) don't really appeal to me. Mordor sounds decent, but I think it'll lose my interest.

I'm killing my time with these ones:

Just a simple beat 'em up with a good touch of Nintendo charm. Totally different than all the other Zelda games.

Sonic is an absolute beast

Fun platformer with a great artstyle and soundtrack

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Yeah, I plan to pull the GameStop, Buy pre-owned and beat in less than a week (for a full refund), then return move.

Essentially the free rental.

Well, that is a bit dishonest and might run then out of business. I got crushed on here a few years back when I admitted going into a local shoe store, trying on my size in a particular brand, and then going online to order it 20% cheaper. Now sure, they're still in business today, but I understand how I used a local brick N' mortar without considering their effort to serve my community. I'm not calling you out, just reminding, if you abuse them, they might not be around too long.

Here's what I do, I rent the game from RedBox for a few days to get my taste or beat it (might cost me $2-$10). And if I do buy it and find myself done with it 2-4 weeks later, I sell it on eBay for 70-75% of the cost. Even then, it's not costing me all that much per day.

Just a thought.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Gamestop isn't going to run out of business any time soon..

Not when they can give you $10 for a game and turn around and sell it for $30...

And that's if you get 10...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Gamestop isn't going to run out of business any time soon..

Not when they can give you $10 for a game and turn around and sell it for $30...

And that's if you get 10...

+1

Legend
Legend
But we're not talking about they're trade in and resale business. We're talking about people buying a brand new game, using it for a week, and then returning it for a full refund (which forces Gamestop to sell the game as used).

And it doesn't really matter if their business model is making them tons of cash or not. Ultimately, is the practice that's been talked about dishonest and does it lower their bottom line?

Look, again, I got crushed on here for taking advantage of my local shoe store. I remember people telling me I should be ashamed of myself for using their time and turning my back on them to order online. I'm just saying, this sounds similar (taking advantage of a brick N' mortar store when we should be supporting them).

I'm not posting this to point my finger and shame anyone, just reminding the board like the others did for me a while back, "support your local businesses".

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
I think theres a difference between a "local store" which I assume is privately by one person..

And a corporation.. The Walmart's of the world.. who would rather let you steal from them, then possibly have their employee's getting hurt trying to stop them..

GameStop is the Walmart of video games..

Plus you can't do that with brand new games, only previously owned ones, of which they have marked at ridiculous prices..

I bought FIFA 13 Used there for 17.99, took it home and it had a huge scratch on it, wouldn't play.. took it back..

They gave me a different copy, of the same game, that was marked at 43.99..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Okay, sorry, I wasn't aware this was with USED games only.

Maybe they have this policy in place with the full understanding that people will do this and they're okay with it because it brings them back to the store. And they figure the shopper will eventually find the game they want and keep it.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
I mean, i once threw my controller in a fit.. and it wouldn't work right.. but wasn't visibly messed up..

So I went to Walmart and bought a new controller.. Then took the old one back in the box and got my money back..

So I may be the wrong guy to ask..

And by "once" i meant like 5 separate times..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I mean, i once threw my controller in a fit.. and it wouldn't work right.. but wasn't visibly messed up..

So I went to Walmart and bought a new controller.. Then took the old one back in the box and got my money back..

So I may be the wrong guy to ask..

And by "once" i meant like 5 separate times..

I'm not above it, I've pulled that move a few times on Walmart. They're deserving. They have 20 checkout lines but 3 or 4 cashiers working and they always have a full parking lot.

Legend
Legend
That's the same as stealing. Aside the fact I'd never do something like that, if I did, I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror.

I gotta ask then...how do you morally defend something like that? You can't use the "Wal-mart and Sony are big corporate entities so it doesn't matter if I cheat/steal from them". Cheating/stealing is still cheating/stealing, no matter who you're doing it to.

And Psydeffect, if the store is crowded and you aren't getting the service you want, go to another store. That doesn't give you the green light to cheat/steal.

Dang, I'm surprised how open you two are about this and think the behavior is somehow rationalized.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
I have no logical response to your statements..

It's just something I did..

*shrug*

Legend
Legend
OK. Fair enough. Again, I'm not judging you. I can easily list quite a few bad/questionable things I did when I was a teenager or early 20's. I guess I've changed a lot since then.

I'm not sure if I truly believe in karma in all aspects of life, but I apply karma to things like this.

[Linked Image]

O
Legend
Legend
O
Don't mistake this as me saying stuff like this is ok to me, or I do it.

Companies like Wal-Mart and Game stop are all about the $. If this type of stuff was significantly hurting them, they'd change their policies to get back in the black.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
It's interesting we went from talking about games, to companies business model and now ethics haha.

The next topic is? Lol

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
The next topic is? Lol

Pizza and your favorite toppings. Go.

Nah, let's go back to games.

BTW, I'm still playing COD:BLOPS2. I just raised my KDR to 1.54 and have over 43,000 online kills. The online community is still quite active for this game.

I was looking at a PS4 over the weekend, but the price is just too high. I know the newest FIFA on the PS4 looks like perfection, but I can still get down with the PS3 version if I need to.

Maybe I just need to wait for another price drop (or that I'd rather put my money into my motorcyle, shoe collection, get another tattoo, or buy a new snowboard).

I looked at the upcoming PS4 games and nothing jumped out to me with "YOU NEED A PS4 FOR THIS!".

I was thinking about buy Super Bomberman off the PS Store and playing with my girls (wife and kid). It's only $9 but I'd have to buy two new controllers. Hrmmmm....is that worth $90 (Amazon sells controllers for ~$40)?

[Linked Image]

D
Legend
Legend
D
I think you'll be waiting awhile, a very long while, before you see a price drop. I'd sell that ps3 as longer you wait, the less you'll get outta your console and gear. I listed mine on Craigslist the minute I fired up my ps4 for the first time lol.

Batman and The Division (unknown release date) are on my radar. So is others like Witcher III, set to come out this May, looks really good! There actually a few games out now that I wish I had the time to play.

PS4 is awesome, but one cannot fault for throwing the 400 bucks on something like a motorcycle!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's not something I do often, I've maybe done it a handful of times in my life. You're right about going to another store, I do now unless I absolutely have to go to Walmart for what I need. Also the crappy store we have here in town doesn't have self checkouts either. flamingmad

I still don't feel bad about screwing over them over, just the next guy who is buying that product and opening the box to a defective item. I do feel bad for him since he will now have to go through the return process.

But back to the topic on hand...I guess nobody else is playing Dying Light?

Last edited by Psydeffect; 03/10/15 02:57 PM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
"I know the newest FIFA on the PS4 looks like perfection..."

Not at all. I have FIFA 15 on the Xbox One and the players still look like they're made of plastic. I'm really disappointed with the character models of EA games on next gen consoles, aside from the UFC game. FIFA 15 is crisp looking on next-gen, but not that much better than the PS3/Xbox 360 versions. You're not missing out with that one.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
"But back to the topic on hand...I guess nobody else is playing Dying Light?"

I am, but VERY slowly. It seems like the kind of game I can only play in small chunks because I want to keep going for a longer stretch of time than I have available in one sitting. It's fun so far, though.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Great game, if the map was bigger it could probably be dubbed the Skyrim of zombie games. But the world isn't big enough to justify that claim.

All I can do right now though is find a safe house and sleep until night. Love how they did night, it really separates their game from the rest in a genre that is very overdone right now.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Cities:Skylines

Top notch city builder (completely offline) for 30 bucks via Steam. All kinds of modding that is only in the early stages.

Really enjoying the game so far. They were inspired a lot by Sim City, I see a lot of SC4 which is still a wonderful game) I just wish there were just a few minor things they would have adopted.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
I'm currently playing Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars with my son. We've completed just about every lego game there is, good bonding stuff.

#gmstrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Okay, sorry, I wasn't aware this was with USED games only.

Maybe they have this policy in place with the full understanding that people will do this and they're okay with it because it brings them back to the store. And they figure the shopper will eventually find the game they want and keep it.

Yeah, I'm a very play it by the rules guy. It says it right on the receipt. Buy a used game and return it in 7 days for a full refund (with the receipt) no questions asked.

They usually say "You didn't like the game?", and I straight up tell them "It was too short"

A lot of times they win when a kid buys the game, forgets when they bought it, etc. and then they paid a huge mark up on a used game that they finished in a week. That or they lose the receipt.

Me, I'm an adult with a system. It's my money, and I pay close attention to when I bought it. And even at that I've screwed that up a few times. And I always put the receipt in the box when I buy it (so I never lose it).

I buy plenty of games from them as well.

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 03/16/15 12:02 AM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
Legend
Legend
D
Anyone considering getting Bloodborn? The trailer of it is enough to interest me, but thats about it. It's releasing next week.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm considering it. I believe it's made by the same people who made the Dark Souls games and I've heard they're brutally difficult. You might want to check one of those out to get a feel for what's in store for you.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Let me know what you think if you pull the trigger on it. I played, and liked, Lords of the Fallen which is/was suppose to be like Dark Souls, so I'm keeping an open opinion about BloodBorn.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Right around this time when free agency and the draft news starts to pick up, the only game I'm playing is Madden. I'm one of those people who likes to have 100% accurate rosters and make the game as real as possible. This year I'm finding that I like the game better. There are little improvements on the defensive side, training drills (reminds be of old Madden's), and I love that the punting\kicking game has been completely re-though (prob. most realistic and fun I've seen yet). The last version of the game I had was Madden 25 on PS3 but now I'm on PS4 so there's quite a difference in everything, pretty nice so far.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Fair warning to anyone considering picking up Sid Meier's Starships from Steam: Don't.

It could get good, but in it's current state it isn't worth the download, much less the money. Decent concept poorly executed. Very underwhelming.

I suppose even Sid Meier is due for a clunker every so often.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
THat's disappointing as I heard "Beyond Earth" was kinda craptastic as well.

Guess I'll stick with mods on Civ 5 for another little while.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
The last version of the game I had was Madden 25 on PS3 but now I'm on PS4 so there's quite a difference in everything, pretty nice so far.

I bought Madden 25 on my Xbox360 and was pretty dissapointed. The deal was great because I got the Sunday Ticket Streaming thing via Amazon or whatever.

But, overall, the game was undrwhelming. I think the last Madden game I really liked had to be in 08 when I was a senior in College. Just looked up the cover and that's it. With Vince Young on the cover.

I really liked the Madden that had the cone that you had to move to throw the ball accurately with. Most people hated it, but I was a big fan. It was another aspect to the game and I only throw the ball (running the ball I always found boring, so it was a timed passing attack that I did). I got pretty damn good with that cone, and it would give me the upper hand on a team that had a QB that had low Passer Awareness.

Anyway, maybe this year I'll try out the new Madden.

Unfortunately, nowadays there's just so many games to play and i don't have as much time it seems like. I let my PS+ subscription expire because I have no reason for it now. I'm gonna bring my PS4 to the tugboat so I can finish up on Assassin's Creed 4 and Far Cry 4. After that, Bloodborne comes out and Witcher 3 soon after. I still want to play inFamous and The Evil Within.

Not to mention the surplus of decent PS3/360 games that I still have to play (usually when I'm at sea I play my PS3 and I leave my PS4 at home).

So I'm pretty much real behind.

Some people are complaining about the lack of good games in gaming right now, but I don't see it that way. I'm pretty filled up. This year a new Zelda and Uncharted 4 are coming out. Mix that with the surplus of really good TV Shows and it's very hard to find time to read a good book (not to mention do anything at all).

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 03/23/15 01:36 PM.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
I actually liked the Madden and NCAA games where the players you recruited and drafted were randomly generated. So you really had to do a bit of work as well as get lucky. I think it was a fair comparison to the real NFL.

The newer versions of madden use the same prospects right? So realistically you can just do trial and error, no?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
I actually liked the Madden and NCAA games where the players you recruited and drafted were randomly generated. So you really had to do a bit of work as well as get lucky. I think it was a fair comparison to the real NFL.

The newer versions of madden use the same prospects right? So realistically you can just do trial and error, no?

Also, in my however many years of playing Madden and NCAA, I don't think I ever saw a draft class that was uploaded to Madden that didn't end up being stupid..

I think the last one I recall trying, Sam Bradford was a 98 Overall Rookie..

He'll I remember once me and my brother took over Western Kentucky, and put ourselves on the team (edited players) as 99 overall..

I was a 99 overall WR with 99 speed, 99 catching, everything..

We then put those players in Madden.. And suddenly I had 88 speed..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
JC: Looks like the reviews say this Bloodborne game is pretty darn good on PS4. After I finish up Far Cry 4 and Assassins Creed 4 this month on my PS4, i'm gonna prob have to grab it.

Sometimes Amazon throws out these deals where the 60$ game jumps down to 40$. I'm gonna have to keep a close eye on it.

But IGN was saying the game is over 40 hours long, and if the game is good, that's usually a signal for me to buy at near full price.

I'm sure some folks on here will prob buy it, so if anyone has any opinions without spoilers or whatever, please post in the next couple weeks

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 03/23/15 11:16 PM.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm still trying to figure out if I want to get Bloodborne today or MLB '15 next Tuesday. I can only budget for one. I'm afraid of not knowing what's going on in Bloodborne's story and it being too hard (I've read it's brutally difficult like the Dark Souls games). I also usually get lost with armor/weapon upgrade info in RPGs. But, I don't know anything about the new MLB game and if it will be very different from '14 (which I have). I kind of want to try something new with Bloodborne and I'll already be in Best Buy today to buy the new Hobbit blu-ray, but I'm afraid of leaving my comfort zone by abandoning MLB '15. It's a tough decision.

Legend
Legend
Get GameFly.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Get GameFly.

I thought about getting GameFly, but I just don't get around to gaming as much as I use to so I don't think it'd be a cost efficient option for me. It's hard for me to justify even being a Sony Network pass to play online cause I hardly play and when I do, unless I'm hooked big time in the game, it's usually no more than 30mins to a hour.

Tomb Raider (of all games lol) for the PS4 was awesome. I played that game for hours upon hours and beat it in not many days lol.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

Also, in my however many years of playing Madden and NCAA, I don't think I ever saw a draft class that was uploaded to Madden that didn't end up being stupid..

I think the last one I recall trying, Sam Bradford was a 98 Overall Rookie..

He'll I remember once me and my brother took over Western Kentucky, and put ourselves on the team (edited players) as 99 overall..

I was a 99 overall WR with 99 speed, 99 catching, everything..

We then put those players in Madden.. And suddenly I had 88 speed..

Yeah I never really did that. I liked woking with what I had with late season updates that way rookies are rated accordingly. I like the work you have to put in to building a team. where to dedicate your time and resources, as well as maintaining the cap. Which with the Browns, is quite easy since you aren't paying any QB's, QB type money.

I think I posted it before, but I was playing NCAA and have taken UAB from the bottom of the barrel up to prominence. No titles yes, but a ranked finish and some quality wins. I find NCAA to be the best of the sports games (outside of FIFA) and I probably won't upgrade until I know it's coming back.

I've said it a few times, but I have a contact at EA, and he says he thinks NCAA will be back in some form in the coming years. Just my opinion, but I think the schools are happy to give the license, as well as the NCAA, but they just don't know how to present it. They can make the game, they just cannot make likenesses. No #12 6'5" QB's that play for OSU, etc..

For guys like me, I could care less if you have current players. It's all about the future and creating something versus working with what you have for the year the game was released. I know I'm probably in the minority though. They have to cater to the average NCAA fan.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I took the leap and bought Bloodborne yesterday, but I probably won't be able to play it until this weekend.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming What games are you currently playing?

Link Copied to Clipboard